Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,234 members, 7,818,783 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

Waje:.Timaya Gifted Me ‘Kpolongo’ My Latest Single - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Waje:.Timaya Gifted Me ‘Kpolongo’ My Latest Single (19447 Views)

My Husband Gifted Me Lexus 2020, You Stole The Pictures Online, Nigerians / No Politician Has Ever Gifted Me Money - Seyi Law / Waje Congratulates Wizkid On His London Royal Albert Hall Sold Out. Fan Kicks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Waje:.Timaya Gifted Me ‘Kpolongo’ My Latest Single by Lizzysamuel(f): 6:05pm On Aug 20, 2018
Famous Nigerian singer, Waje has spoken out about how fellow musician, Timaya gifted her her new single.

Nigerian singer, Waje has said that her latest single ‘Kpolongo’ was given to her by Timaya.
Narrating how the song was birthed, the ‘I Wish’ singer said Timaya invited her to his house and they listened to some beats together.

“Timaya called me up and asked if I was free on that day and I was,” she said in a radio interview on SoundCity.
“So I drove to his house and he played me a couple of beats.
“After we had gone like five songs in I was like ‘that first song’ and he said he was thinking I should have the song.

“I was like what do you mean ‘have it’? Like you want to feature me or do I carry the song and be going.
“And he said yeah Waje you can have the song and I said okay. In one hour I wrote my verse, recorded. The producer Micon is amazing and that’s how we have the song.”

The 37-year-old singer said the video of the song is currently in the pipeline. Waje also said she is critical of her performance, outfits and appearance while shooting videos.
“I’m usually very critical of myself. I’m horrible,” she said. “I can’t watch a video of myself and think the best of it.
“I usually play it for other people and they’ll be the judge. I just saw the first cut and I’m actually very impressed.”

The ‘So Inspired’ singer gushed about the time she met Barack Obama, former US president.
Waje was in June invited to participate in the Obama Foundation Leaders: Africa, a five-day leadership development programme which held in South Africa.
“At first when I saw Obama I was like ‘ha’,” Waje said.
“It’s just that I’m a Christian woman. Jesus would be upset.”

Waje said what she brings to the table is more than her musical offerings although music has opened many doors for her.
“Career-wise, it was huge because I was a speaker at the Academy,” she said.
“It’s just a testament of the doors that music opens to you.

“You think it’s just about stage but you forget that as you move ahead, there are things you learn that other people would want to take from you and you position yourself in a place where people now see you as a young leader.
“I feel like I have brought more to the table than just carrying a microphone and singing, that I’m actually affecting people’s lives by making sure that they get at least the basic health care.”

More below:

https://zenithnaija.com/how-timaya-gifted-me-my-latest-single-famous-singer-waje-opens-up/

2 Likes

Re: Waje:.Timaya Gifted Me ‘Kpolongo’ My Latest Single by emillionaire: 8:21pm On Aug 20, 2018
Nice one WAJE
Re: Waje:.Timaya Gifted Me ‘Kpolongo’ My Latest Single by nigeriapenmedia: 8:21pm On Aug 20, 2018
dats a true confession, can u do same like she do?? Nigeriapen.com.ng applaud.

1 Share

Re: Waje:.Timaya Gifted Me ‘Kpolongo’ My Latest Single by Skylarking: 8:22pm On Aug 20, 2018
Just like that

Anyways, you can only tell me what you think I should know.

5 Likes

Re: Waje:.Timaya Gifted Me ‘Kpolongo’ My Latest Single by OboOlora(f): 8:24pm On Aug 20, 2018
Waje is to DebolaLagos what Saeon was to Uti
If u know u know

1 Like

Re: Waje:.Timaya Gifted Me ‘Kpolongo’ My Latest Single by Oluwasaeon(m): 8:24pm On Aug 20, 2018
Okay
Re: Waje:.Timaya Gifted Me ‘Kpolongo’ My Latest Single by eDoctorr(m): 8:25pm On Aug 20, 2018
Tell us what you gave him in return.
He can't give a fellow man.

4 Likes

Re: Waje:.Timaya Gifted Me ‘Kpolongo’ My Latest Single by MzzAmiable(f): 8:25pm On Aug 20, 2018
Wow
Re: Waje:.Timaya Gifted Me ‘Kpolongo’ My Latest Single by Nobody: 8:25pm On Aug 20, 2018
Fire signs Aries, Leo and Sagittarius are the best people in the Zodiac.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Waje:.Timaya Gifted Me ‘Kpolongo’ My Latest Single by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:26pm On Aug 20, 2018
Good for both of you....
Re: Waje:.Timaya Gifted Me ‘Kpolongo’ My Latest Single by karllemah44(m): 8:27pm On Aug 20, 2018
shocked I'll try to believe sha lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
But y didn't he gift it to Humblesmith or skiibii?
Those boys really need it oo
Or even d'banj or my nigga iceprince?
cry cry cry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Waje:.Timaya Gifted Me ‘Kpolongo’ My Latest Single by Nobody: 8:27pm On Aug 20, 2018
My girl any day kiss

1 Like

Re: Waje:.Timaya Gifted Me ‘Kpolongo’ My Latest Single by TEYA: 8:27pm On Aug 20, 2018
Timaya, when will you "Eedris Abdulkareem" a song?
Re: Waje:.Timaya Gifted Me ‘Kpolongo’ My Latest Single by phemoluv02(m): 8:27pm On Aug 20, 2018
Nice confession..thumb up!
Re: Waje:.Timaya Gifted Me ‘Kpolongo’ My Latest Single by Hector09(m): 8:28pm On Aug 20, 2018
Its not a new thing in music industry world wide, even in america, like am coming home by p diddy was a gift frm jazzy and one other guy to TI but he reject the song, so they gave it to P Diddy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Waje:.Timaya Gifted Me ‘Kpolongo’ My Latest Single by okerekeikpo: 8:28pm On Aug 20, 2018
Song wey caro and ukwu go full, come o u sure say Timaya no nyash the girl? I no trust that yahoo boy o
Re: Waje:.Timaya Gifted Me ‘Kpolongo’ My Latest Single by sinaj(f): 8:29pm On Aug 20, 2018
I hope Timaya wont tell us that you blackfaced his music in 2years time sha.

1 Like

Re: Waje:.Timaya Gifted Me ‘Kpolongo’ My Latest Single by neolboy(m): 8:31pm On Aug 20, 2018
Mother confessor

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Waje:.Timaya Gifted Me ‘Kpolongo’ My Latest Single by Kabaka100: 8:40pm On Aug 20, 2018
neolboy:
Mother confessor
grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Waje:.Timaya Gifted Me ‘Kpolongo’ My Latest Single by Nobody: 8:40pm On Aug 20, 2018
Nice song. On repeat for three weeks now. Only someone like Waje would make that love song lit, she sure did.
Re: Waje:.Timaya Gifted Me ‘Kpolongo’ My Latest Single by LadyHeaven(f): 8:42pm On Aug 20, 2018
grin, Timaya seems to be a generous fellow, most celebs always speak good of him, outwards he acts all braggado and proud but ppl like Skales, Jim iyke now Waje say otherwise.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Waje:.Timaya Gifted Me ‘Kpolongo’ My Latest Single by kushercain: 8:43pm On Aug 20, 2018
Hector09:
Its not a new thing in music industry world wide, even in america, like am coming home by p diddy was a gift frm jazzy and one other guy to TI but he reject the song, so they gave it to P Diddy

Don jazzy?

2 Likes

Re: Waje:.Timaya Gifted Me ‘Kpolongo’ My Latest Single by hopexter(m): 8:46pm On Aug 20, 2018
karllemah44:
shocked I'll try to believe sha lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
But y didn't he gift it to Humblesmith or skiibii?
Those boys really need it oo
Or even d'banj or my nigga iceprince?
cry cry cry

My sista no honesty in the industry, something must have been given in exchange. Egberi papa is not that generous.
Re: Waje:.Timaya Gifted Me ‘Kpolongo’ My Latest Single by Danosaur007(m): 8:49pm On Aug 20, 2018
Lovely!

In other news, i sell handmade and high quality shoes, boots and sandals for all sizes at a very reasonable and affordable price! whatsapp/call- 08148357107 to place any order #WeRecreateAnyDesign! #AnySize.AnyDesign.AnyColour! #SupportMyHustle! #BuyNigeria.GrowTheNaira

3 Likes

Re: Waje:.Timaya Gifted Me ‘Kpolongo’ My Latest Single by brainpower(m): 8:52pm On Aug 20, 2018
A lot of artistes like Patoranking, Jim Iyke etc have spoken out on how helpful and friendly Timaya is. But when you see him or listen to his songs he sounds and looks like a bad boy.

This shows that he's actually a nice guy. Kudos to him. It's not all about appearance.

9 Likes

Re: Waje:.Timaya Gifted Me ‘Kpolongo’ My Latest Single by allaboutobed(m): 9:00pm On Aug 20, 2018
kushercain:

Don jazzy?
if I hear. I think he meant Jay z
Re: Waje:.Timaya Gifted Me ‘Kpolongo’ My Latest Single by 1Dray(m): 9:09pm On Aug 20, 2018
michael142:
Fire signs Aries, Leo and Sagittarius are the best people in the Zodiac.

Ever heard of Gemini ♊?

1 Like

Re: Waje:.Timaya Gifted Me ‘Kpolongo’ My Latest Single by emmyid(m): 9:09pm On Aug 20, 2018
hopexter:

My sista no honesty in the industry, something must have been given in exchange. Egberi papa is not that generous.

Then you've not been following the news. Timaya has always been applauded by other artists for his generosity and benevolence. Trust me

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

CeeC Writes A Letter To Lanre Dasilva Ajayi, Leo's Sister Over Her Gift / Divorce: Emeka Ike Runs To High Court In Lagos To Stop Wife / Photos From Runtown’s First UK Concert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.