Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,261 members, 7,839,325 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

What Does It Mean To Walk In The Spirit? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does It Mean To Walk In The Spirit? (2287 Views)

What Does It Mean To "Sin Wilfully" In Hebrews 10:26? - Prince Gabriel Okocha / What Does It Mean To Believe On The Lord Jesus Christ? - Olamide Obire / What Does It Mean To Be Poor In The Spirit? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does It Mean To Walk In The Spirit? by MuttleyLaff: 4:55pm On Sep 07, 2018
solite3:
praying with the Spirit means praying as the spirit leads
but then we also pray with the understanding,
meaning praying with the interest of those around you in terms of their understanding.
How do you mean:
"we also pray with the understanding,
meaning praying with the interest of those around you in terms of their understanding
"?
Particularly the latter ... meaning praying with the interest of those around you in terms of their understanding part

solite3:
personally I can pray for hours non stop but you may not understand my prayers.
prayers are not necessarily uttered words or understandable words
but what matters is that the inner man is connected and communicating.
1/ What does "I can pray for hours non stop" means?
2/ What is the longest hour you've done "I can pray for hours non stop"?
3/ Why mayn't me understand your prayer?
4/ If you arent praying in an earthly & human language, then in what language do you say these marathon prayers in?
5/ What is the "inner man"?
6/ What else, what word, what expression, what phrase can be used to describe the "inner man"?
7/ What is the "inner man" connecting to?
8/ What and how does the "inner man" communicate?

solite3:
praying in the spirit is praying with the awareness of God's presence.
this is just a summary
Give an example of this in the bible and with its scriptural reference
Re: What Does It Mean To Walk In The Spirit? by Nobody: 7:39pm On Sep 07, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
How do you mean:
"we also pray with the understanding,
meaning praying with the interest of those around you in terms of their understanding
"?
Particularly the latter ... meaning praying with the interest of those around you in terms of their understanding part

1/ What does "I can pray for hours non stop" means?
2/ What is the longest hour you've done "I can pray for hours non stop"?
3/ Why mayn't me understand your prayer?
4/ If you arent praying in an earthly & human language, then in what language do you say these marathon prayers in?
5/ What is the "inner man"?
6/ What else, what word, what expression, what phrase can be used to describe the "inner man"?
7/ What is the "inner man" connecting to?
8/ What and how does the "inner man" communicate?
have you heard of praying in tongues? there are things human language cannot express, it can only be expressed through speaking tongues or even groanings
hahaha I don't count hours when I m praying, I can start praying from evening, when I m done I realize it's already night.

tongues can be used in prayers, songs and even teachings,

when praying with people it's better to pray with understanding to carry them along.

God responds to the Spirit not to the flesh.

the inner man is the spirit man and it communicates to the God.

the spirit's language is unknown to humans.

Romans 8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

Give an example of this in the bible and with its scriptural reference

Paul himself is an example

1 Corinthians 14:14 For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful.

14:15 What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also.

14:16 Else when thou shalt bless with the spirit, how shall he that occupieth the room of the unlearned say Amen at thy giving of thanks, seeing he understandeth not what thou sayest?

14:17 For thou verily givest thanks well, but the other is not edified. 14:18 I thank my God, I speak with tongues more than ye all: 14:19 Yet in the church I had rather speak five words with my understanding, that by my voice I might teach others also, than ten thousand words in an unknown tongue.
Re: What Does It Mean To Walk In The Spirit? by MuttleyLaff: 9:18pm On Sep 07, 2018
solite3:
have you heard of praying in tongues?
Of course, I have heard of praying in tongues.
I havent just heard of praying in tongues alone, I actually, do know about, praying in tongues, misunderstood.

How about you?
Have you heard about praying in tongues on social media, Facebook, as the example of this?

solite3:
there are things human language cannot express,
it can only be expressed through speaking tongues or even groanings
1/ Hang on, isnt human language speaking in tongues?
2/ Are speaking tongues or groanings the same thing?
3/ Did Jesus speak in tongue?
4/ Why did or did not Jesus speak in tongue?

solite3:
hahaha I don't count hours when I m praying, I can start praying from evening, when I m done I realize it's already night.
So, say 2-3 hours or at max, 6 hours?

solite3:
tongues can be used in prayers, songs and even teachings
What tongues, specifically, are you talking of here?

solite3:
when praying with people it's better to pray with understanding to carry them along.

God responds to the Spirit not to the flesh.

the inner man is the spirit man and it communicates to the God.

the spirit's language is unknown to humans.

Romans 8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities:
for we know not what we should pray for as we ought:
but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
I have never read nor come across a discombobulated post written up like this before
I am sorry solite3, but just you have to improve and do better than this

solite3:
Paul himself is an example

1 Corinthians 14:14 For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful.
14:15 What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also.
14:16 Else when thou shalt bless with the spirit, how shall he that occupieth the room of the unlearned say Amen at thy giving of thanks, seeing he understandeth not what thou sayest?
14:17 For thou verily givest thanks well, but the other is not edified.
14:18 I thank my God, I speak with tongues more than ye all:
14:19 Yet in the church I had rather speak five words with my understanding, that by my voice I might teach others also, than ten thousand words in an unknown tongue.
Please answer the two below question for me to clear up what 1 Corinthians 14:14-19 means

1/ How many languages do you speak?
2/ Please list the names of the languages you speak, the ones you gave the number of, in #1 above.
Re: What Does It Mean To Walk In The Spirit? by Nobody: 7:26am On Sep 08, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Of course, I have heard of praying in tongues.
I havent just heard of praying in tongues alone, I actually, do know about, praying in tongues, misunderstood.

How about you?
Have you heard about praying in tongues on social media, Facebook, as the example of this?
speaking tongues in social media? how possible

1/ Hang on, isnt human language speaking in tongues?
2/ Are speaking tongues or groanings the same thing?
3/ Did Jesus speak in tongue?
4/ Why did or did not Jesus speak in tongue?

1/there are human tongues and there are non human tongues
2/no they are not
3/ no Jesus didn't but he prayed in the Spirit.

So, say 2-3 hours or at max, 6 hours?

What tongues, specifically, are you talking of here?

I have never read nor come across a discombobulated post written up like this before
I am sorry solite3, but just you have to improve and do better than this
I m not talking of tongues

Please answer the two below question for me to clear up what 1 Corinthians 14:14-19 means

2/ Please list the names of the languages you speak, the ones you gave the number of, in #1 above.
how did you come to the conclusion that I speak in different human languages

just because you have not experienced something doesn't mean it is false.
Re: What Does It Mean To Walk In The Spirit? by MuttleyLaff: 7:52am On Sep 08, 2018
solite3:
speaking tongues in social media?
how possible
Yes!.
Speaking tongues in social media, speaking and praying in tongues, written out on Facebook to be precise, is how possible.

Have you ever heard of Juanita Bynum?

solite3:
1/there are human tongues and there are non human tongues
2/no they are not
3/ no Jesus didn't but he prayed in the Spirit.
It is necessary, that I appreciate your fair and generous behaviour in answering these questions
I also want to say that I am grateful to you for answering them all and answering them in a neatly or easy to follow manner too.
Thank you

1/ Please list a few human tongues tongues
2/ Please list the non human tongues tongues you're talking of
3/ I am glad, we have established that speaking tongues or groanings are not the same thing, so what is speak in tongue?
4/ Is speaking in tongue not that good enough for Jesus to not speak it ni?
5/ Do you speak in tongue? When and where are all the places you speak in tongue?

solite3:
I m not talking of tongues
OK, I hear you, my hands in the air.
So does your long praying, span, say 2-3 hours or at max, 6 hours then?

solite3:
how did you come to the conclusion that I speak in different human languages
You're writing in English here, arent you?
So from that evidence, I safely concluded you, at least, speak in English

Now, I dont know what other languages you speak or can speak,
and so that is why, the earlier questions repeated below for you again, were asked:

Please answer the two above questions, for me then, to after, clear up what 1 Corinthians 14:14-19 means

solite3:
just because you have not experienced something doesn't mean it is false.
How did you come to the conclusion that I havent experience "something"?
How did you come to the conclusion that "something" is regarded to be false?
Re: What Does It Mean To Walk In The Spirit? by johnw47: 4:21am On Oct 06, 2018
solite3:
hello John, I m sorry the way jig spoke to you, we believers ought ought to be mindful of being puffed up by the flesh, we ought to correct in love not in anger.
But you were wrong in the way you kept on attacking bloodofthelamb and jig.

sol lie, you call, putting forward the truth, as attacking, but you would say that, being a liar and supporter of lies yourself
and why be sorry for what a foul mouth says?

1Pe 3:10  For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile:

and sol lie, i call a liar a liar, you think it wrong and an attack because you are one of them

Joh_8:44  Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
Re: What Does It Mean To Walk In The Spirit? by Nobody: 6:45am On Oct 06, 2018
johnw47:

sol lie, you call, putting forward the truth, as attacking, but you would say that, being a liar and supporter of lies yourself
and why be sorry for what a foul mouth says?

1Pe 3:10  For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile:

and sol lie, i call a liar a liar, you think it wrong and an attack because you are one of them

Joh_8:44  Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

everyone knows who the liar and the false accuser is.

what you are doing is not new even Jesus was falsely accused of having a demon, being a wine biber etc.
Re: What Does It Mean To Walk In The Spirit? by johnw47: 9:19am On Oct 06, 2018
solite3:

everyone knows who the liar and the false accuser is.

what you are doing is not new even Jesus was falsely accused of having a demon, being a wine biber etc.

you care what people believe
and truly you are not to be compared to Jesus in any way

bloodof lied saying contradictory to Jesus
you sol lie supported him, and all you can do is deny and lie again and again

Re: What Does It Mean To Walk In The Spirit? by Nobody: 11:40am On Oct 06, 2018
johnw47:

you came to my thread making baseless accusations and now you are trying to spin it around to be like John's issue.

now point out where I said a believer cannot sin?
let's everyone know who is the liar.

you are indeed like your father

Re: What Does It Mean To Walk In The Spirit? by Originakalokalo(m): 12:05pm On Oct 06, 2018
Beautiful @ solite.
God bless you.

2 Likes

Re: What Does It Mean To Walk In The Spirit? by Nobody: 1:07pm On Oct 06, 2018
Originakalokalo:

Beautiful @ solite.
God bless you.
God bless you too brother
Re: What Does It Mean To Walk In The Spirit? by johnw47: 1:45pm On Oct 06, 2018
solite3:

you came to my thread making baseless accusations and now you are trying to spin it around to be like John's issue.

now point out where I said a believer cannot sin?

my post that you are adrerssing is below, now you point out where you said a believer cannot sin
oh confused sol lie, that confusion comes from all of your lies

solite3: let's everyone know who is the liar.

you are indeed like your father

people pleaser, you concern yourself with everyone, everyone isn't my concern
God and i know who is the liar
it is you oh copy cat

johnw47:

Re: What Does It Mean To Walk In The Spirit? by johnw47: 1:48pm On Oct 06, 2018
Originakalokalo:

Beautiful @ solite.

God bless you.

solite3:
God bless you too brother

ha ha, liars and their supporters everywhere smiley
Re: What Does It Mean To Walk In The Spirit? by MightySparrow: 2:46pm On Oct 06, 2018
The holy spirit is only an active force how can you walk in such?
Re: What Does It Mean To Walk In The Spirit? by Originakalokalo(m): 3:02pm On Oct 06, 2018
MightySparrow:

The Holy Spirit is not a force.

The Bible says HE the spirit of truth..... He will guide you into all truth...

The word HE is not for a force.

....Baptizing them in the name of the father and of the son and of the Holy Spirit...

Father is a personality
Son is a personality
Holy Spirit is not a force, he is a personality too.

Walking in the spirit means doing the things that pleases the Holy Spirit.... Living Holy.

2 Likes

Re: What Does It Mean To Walk In The Spirit? by MightySparrow: 3:12pm On Oct 06, 2018
Originakalokalo:

The Holy Spirit is not a force.

The Bible says HE the spirit of truth..... He will guide you into all truth...

The word HE is not for a force.

....Baptizing them in the name of the father and of the son and of the Holy Spirit...

Father is a personality
Son is a personality
Holy Spirit is not a force, he is a personality too.

Walking in the spirit means doing the things that pleases the Holy Spirit.... Living Holy.
Is holy spiril a male or a female?
Re: What Does It Mean To Walk In The Spirit? by johnw47: 3:13pm On Oct 06, 2018
MightySparrow:

as far as your saying the Holy Spirit is only a active force

Act 5:1  But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession, 
Act 5:2  And kept back part of the price, his wife also being privy to it, and brought a certain part, and laid it at the apostles' feet. 
Act 5:3  But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land? 
Act 5:4  Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God
Act 5:5  And Ananias hearing these words fell down, and gave up the ghost: and great fear came on all them that heard these things. 
Act 5:6  And the young men arose, wound him up, and carried him out, and buried him. 
Act 5:7  And it was about the space of three hours after, when his wife, not knowing what was done, came in. 
Act 5:8  And Peter answered unto her, Tell me whether ye sold the land for so much? And she said, Yea, for so much. 
Act 5:9  Then Peter said unto her, How is it that ye have agreed together to tempt the Spirit of the Lord? behold, the feet of them which have buried thy husband are at the door, and shall carry thee out. 
Act 5:10  Then fell she down straightway at his feet, and yielded up the ghost: and the young men came in, and found her dead, and, carrying her forth, buried her by her husband. 
Act 5:11  And great fear came upon all the church, and upon as many as heard these things.

there are many verses showing that the Holy Spirit is God
if you are ever fortunate enough to have the Holy Spirit live in you
you won't need any of the verses, and if you were a false jw, you wouldn't believe the verses
Re: What Does It Mean To Walk In The Spirit? by johnw47: 3:49pm On Oct 06, 2018
false jw's would twist and lie to have scripture say something else
just like phony christians sol lie and bloodof said diffrent to Jesus and then started accusing the truth bearer
but that's typical of satans mob, Ye are of your father the devil Joh_8:44
Re: What Does It Mean To Walk In The Spirit? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Oct 06, 2018
MightySparrow:
is God male or female? you have heard, the holy spirit is a He.
Re: What Does It Mean To Walk In The Spirit? by MightySparrow: 7:13pm On Oct 06, 2018
solite3:
is God male or female? you have heard, the holy spirit is a He.
?@?
Re: What Does It Mean To Walk In The Spirit? by madegreatbygrace(m): 8:08pm On Oct 06, 2018
Whosoever is born of God does not commit sin ........
What does this verse really mean? Firstly, let's see what it does not mean. The first question is if it is possible for a believer not to commit sin. When we talk of sin, our minds wander to the so-called "big sins" like fornication, murder, adultery, and so on. We forget that doubts and worry are sinful acts.Since every Christian is guilty of doubt and worry, then it means there is no Christian that doesn't commit sin. What is sin under the new covenant? Jesus gave the definition in John 16:9:

" of sin , because they believe not on me ".Thus, a sinner under the new covenant is that who doesn't believe in Christ. The believer has passed from death to life and so he doesn't have the sin nature again. What John is talking about in 1 John 3:9 is the sinful nature and not sinful acts. The spirit of the believer is joined to the Holy Spirit such that it becomes one with the Holy Spirit. Therefore, if the Holy Spirit can not sin, the recreated spirit of man can not sin.

Lastly, if you do a word study of the Greek word translated as sin in 1 John 3:9, you'll find out the sin is a noun and not a verb.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Does It Mean To Walk In The Spirit? by Mikefrik(m): 9:12pm On Oct 06, 2018
you guys are not following the purpose of this tread. it's scattered with whole questions scattered around.
Re: What Does It Mean To Walk In The Spirit? by madegreatbygrace(m): 9:20pm On Oct 06, 2018
Oh that! To walk in the Spirit means to steadfastly yield to the leading of the Holy Spirit.
Re: What Does It Mean To Walk In The Spirit? by Nobody: 10:08pm On Oct 06, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Yes!.
Speaking tongues in social media, speaking and praying in tongues, written out on Facebook to be precise, is how possible.

Have you ever heard of Juanita Bynum?
nope I haven't heard of him or her

It is necessary, that I appreciate your fair and generous behaviour in answering these questions
I also want to say that I am grateful to you for answering them all and answering them in a neatly or easy to follow manner too.
Thank you

3/ I am glad, we have established that speaking tongues or groanings are not the same thing, so what is speak in tongue?
5/ Do you speak in tongue? When and where are all the places you speak in tongue?
I didn't say I speak in tongues.
it is a gift just like ever other gifts.
Jesus didn't need to speak in tongue because it was not part of his sign.

OK, I hear you, my hands in the air.
So does your long praying, span, say 2-3 hours or at max, 6 hours then?

You're writing in English here, arent you?

and so that is why, the earlier questions repeated below for you again, were asked:

Please answer the two above questions, for me then, to after, clear up what 1 Corinthians 14:14-19 means

How did you come to the conclusion that I havent experience "something"?
How did you come to the conclusion that "something" is regarded to be false?
OK your questions seem to suggest there is you doubt the reality of speaking in tongues.
Re: What Does It Mean To Walk In The Spirit? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Oct 06, 2018
madegreatbygrace:
Whosoever is born of God does not commit sin ........
What does this verse really mean? Firstly, let's see what it does not mean. The first question is if it is possible for a believer not to commit sin. When we talk of sin, our minds wander to the so-called "big sins" like fornication, murder, adultery, and so on. We forget that doubts and worry are sinful acts.Since every Christian is guilty of doubt and worry, then it means there is no Christian that doesn't commit sin. What is sin under the new covenant? Jesus gave the definition in John 16:9:

" of sin , because they believe not on me ".Thus, a sinner under the new covenant is that who doesn't believe in Christ. The believer has passed from death to life and so he doesn't have the sin nature again. What John is talking about in 1 John 3:9 is the sinful nature and not sinful acts. The spirit of the believer is joined to the Holy Spirit such that it becomes one with the Holy Spirit. Therefore, if the Holy Spirit can not sin, the recreated spirit of man can not sin.

Lastly, if you do a word study of the Greek word translated as sin in 1 John 3:9, you'll find out the sin is a noun and not a verb.

good way to go bro, but I don't agree that the sin means sin nature.
the believer still has the sin nature but it is dead because of christ in him. if the sin nature does not exist any no longer then there will be nothing like committing sins at all but we know this is not the case.
Re: What Does It Mean To Walk In The Spirit? by Nobody: 10:14pm On Oct 06, 2018
Mikefrik:
you guys are not following the purpose of this tread. it's scattered with whole questions scattered around.
pls your contribution is also needed
Re: What Does It Mean To Walk In The Spirit? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Oct 06, 2018
madegreatbygrace:
Oh that! To walk in the Spirit means to steadfastly yield to the leading of the Holy Spirit.
thanks God bless.
Re: What Does It Mean To Walk In The Spirit? by MuttleyLaff: 10:27pm On Oct 06, 2018
solite3:
nope I haven't heard of him or her
Where on earth have you been?
Juanita Bynum is a Pentecostal televangelist and gospel singer, who also likes to be referred to as a Prophetess
Check her up on YouTube

solite3:
I didn't say I speak in tongues.
it is a gift just like ever other gifts.
Jesus didn't need to speak in tongue because it was not part of his sign.

I couldnt understand your responses, as you didnt number your answers, so I've had to repeat the here again the five questions

solite3:
OK your questions seem to suggest there is you doubt the reality of speaking in tongues.
On the contrary, I believe 110% in the reality and the gift of speaking in tongues

I wrote you so far have been writing in English here on this thread, arent you?

and so that is why, the earlier questions repeated below for you again here, are asked:

Please answer the two above questions, for me, then, to after, clear up what 1 Corinthians 14:14-19 means
Re: What Does It Mean To Walk In The Spirit? by johnw47: 5:38am On Oct 07, 2018
Rev_2:2  I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars:
Re: What Does It Mean To Walk In The Spirit? by madegreatbygrace(m): 5:59am On Oct 07, 2018
[quote author=solite3 post=71848771] good way to go bro, but I don't agree that the sin means sin nature.
the believer still has the sin nature but it is dead because of christ in him. if the sin nature does not exist any no longer then there will be nothing like committing sins at all but we know this is not the case.

Thanks my brother. But you should know that there's a difference between the sin nature and the flesh.
Re: What Does It Mean To Walk In The Spirit? by johnw47: 6:59am On Oct 07, 2018
MightySparrow:

the Holy Spirit is God, God is described in the mascualine, e.g. Father, Son

Rom 8:11  But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

the spirit of God dwells in believers
the spirit of God is of course the Holy spirit - is God

Joh_4:24a  God is a Spirit:

Rev 21:22  And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.

God and the Lamb is the temple of the New Jerusalem, God and the Lamb is God

Rev 22:3  And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:

the throne of God and the Lamb is in the New Jerusalem, the throne of God it is,
Jesus sit's on the throne of God:

Rev_3:21  To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
Re: What Does It Mean To Walk In The Spirit? by Nobody: 1:35am On Oct 25, 2018
It is impossible to live the Christian life without the Holy Spirit.
Hence Jesus promised his disciples the Holy Spirit.

Galatians 5:16
This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

Galatians 5:18
But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

Galatians 5:25
If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

when you are bornagain, you have a new life, a new nature Christ is born in you, you literally have eternal life ( God's type of life) but you have enemies who challenge your position which are,
1. Mr flesh

2. the devil.

as long as we are in this world we are in battle with those two foes, therefore if you are to overcome these enemies you need to walk in the Spirit. in other to walk in the Spirit, you have to be Spiritually minded.

you have to walk in the reality of what Christ has done on the cross not a defeated life.
walking in the Spirit is all about knowing your position in Christ and acting in line with that position.

for example as a bornagain, the Bible says you cannot sin what does this mean? it mean as a bornagain you are not a sinner( fornicator, liar, dishonest man etc), when you begin to live in this reality then you are walking in the Spirit.

stop living under condemnation! that is what the devil wants!
I remember when I first learnt how to ride bicycle, I was so afraid of falling that I tried to balance myself but I realized the secret of riding a bicycle is to keep riding and the law of dynamics will balance things out.

OK Let's consider another example, when Jesus walked on water. Peter saw him and ask Jesus to command him to come Jesus told him come, he began to walk on water, his attention was on Jesus, guess what happened, a wind came.
who sent the wind? ans: satan
what happened?ans: he lost focus on Jesus and fear came (Mr flesh)
the result ? he began to sink (condemnation)

Jesus immediately stretched forth his hands and caught peter. This is a great encouragement knowing that nothing can take us from his hands.

the Christian life is like riding a bicycle, when you stop walking in the spirit then you start falling!
how do one stop walking in the Spirit? answer
1.when you stop focusing on Jesus and instead focus on correcting your imperfections by yourself instead of God doing it for you, you are gone.

John 15:5
I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

2. when you start believing the lie that without correcting your past action or yourself God cannot forgive you. pure lie
God forgive you freely in Christ.

Ephesians 4:32
And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

1 John 2:12
I write unto you, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for his name's sake.

some people do preach that without doing restitution God cannot forgive sins, that is not correct.
if one confesses his/her sins he will forgive him without ever remembering it.

3. when you are unaware of your spiritual position in Christ you will live like a sinner. Remember the prodigal Son, he lived like a slaved not that he stopped being a Son of his father but he forgot whom he was because of his rebellion ( he thought he could be independent from his father) and but when he remembered who he was he then knew his foolishness and decided to go back home ( true repentance).

when you are unaware of your spiritual nature, the enemy will deal with you.

as you grow in grace, the nature of Christ in you will be stronger and the knowledge of your spiritual position also increase.

Ephesians 2:21
In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:

Ephesians 4:15
But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

1 Peter 2:2
As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:

2 Peter 3:18
But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

1 John 2:13
I write unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I write unto you, young men, because ye have overcome the wicked one. I write unto you, little children, because ye have known the Father.

finally, to walk in the Spirit means to walk in the reality of the new life you have in christ, you also grow in this knowledge by knowing more about God and his plan for you.

1 John 2:14
I have written unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I have written unto you, young men, because ye are strong, and the word of God abideth in you, and ye have overcome the wicked one.

I pray for any believer who is facing challenges in his life that he receive freedom and begin to enjoy his Christian walk in Jesus name.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Thou Shall Not Bear False Witness! Or Shall One? / Huxley I Need Your Urgent Assistance. / My Rational Case For The Existence Of God.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.