Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,775 members, 7,820,713 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:02 PM

Do We Have Respect For Privacy? - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Do We Have Respect For Privacy? (4646 Views)

Nairalanders You Respect, Admire And Love / Nairaland Privacy Law / Ebony Eyes Lacks Respect For Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do We Have Respect For Privacy? by aieromon(m): 6:57pm On Jun 25, 2010
ElRazur:

Are you living in the dark?
Unfortunately,i am.I dont facebook or twitter and thats why i will never complain about breach of privacy.
C'mon,admit that your friends got your details via these social networking forums.You gave them,they didnt pay a detective to fish it out.
I will only agree with you on this issue if your contact information was gotten without your knowledge.
Move over to the dark side.
Re: Do We Have Respect For Privacy? by Sauron1: 6:59pm On Jun 25, 2010
ElRazur:

I am looking at things from a broader perspective. And wondering if we have any laws at all on Privacy.

Odunnu, I have no pity whatsoever for anyone who gets spam mail after posting their info willingly on a forum. Even my email in my profile is disguised. smiley

I think my focus is more on how we just seem to give out people's personal info without regards or permission for/from the person.

Nigerians don't understand the meaning of privacy.
That is ALL.
Re: Do We Have Respect For Privacy? by ElRazur: 7:04pm On Jun 25, 2010
aieromon:

Unfortunately,i am.I dont facebook or twitter and thats why i will never complain about breach of privacy.
C'mon,admit that your friends got your details via these social networking forums.You gave them,they didnt pay a detective to fish it out.
I will only agree with you on this issue if your contact information was gotten without your knowledge.
Move over to the dark side.

Can I have whatever you are smoking please. I can do with getting high too. It is friday.

My personal examples I gave were for phone numbers and BB pin. I am yet to have a single breach on facebook and twitter am afraid.

I gave my number to Kunle, Kunle opted to give it to Nuru simply because he was my senior in school, and his mum fries akara down the road. I mean, how is that not a breach? The phone number was given out without my permission.

~Sauron~:

Nigerians don't understand the meaning of privacy.
That is ALL.

I am trying not to say that, but it is hard not to think so.

The funny thing is that they then get mad at you if you complain lol.
Re: Do We Have Respect For Privacy? by follypimpi(m): 7:12pm On Jun 25, 2010
To think if you try telling them off,they start yapping about how it's out of LOVE.
Re: Do We Have Respect For Privacy? by aieromon(m): 7:34pm On Jun 25, 2010
ElRazur:

Can I have whatever you are smoking please. I can do with getting high too. It is friday.
I choose to overlook this sarcastic remark.I got people contacts and i don't give them out for nothin'.The level of relationship you have with the person dictates his/her perception of your privacy.You gave out your contact for whatever reason so bear the intrusion of privacy.He's your ''friend'' afterall.
All this trash talk about it being a Naija thingy is uncalled for - its universal.
Re: Do We Have Respect For Privacy? by ElRazur: 8:00pm On Jun 25, 2010
aieromon:

I choose to overlook this sarcastic remark.I got people contacts and i don't give them out for nothin'.The level of relationship you have with the person dictates his/her perception of your privacy.You gave out your contact for whatever reason so bear the intrusion of privacy.He's your ''friend'' afterall.
All this trash talk about it being a Naija thingy is uncalled for - its universal.

Seriously, I will have what you are smoking.

My experience was based on people I know from naija. My post was made in a forum frequent by naijans. . . You get the idea?

If my friends can give out my contacts, if it is something I have observed here and people have pointed out the same, surely there must be a problem somewhere? Perhaps with our culture? No? Or is it coincidence that these friends are the ones in naija?

Also, can you tell me what law Nigeria have when it comes to privacy matter? smiley

Dude you are missing the point, and trying to move the goal post.
Re: Do We Have Respect For Privacy? by tpiah: 8:21pm On Jun 25, 2010
ElRazur:

Seriously, I will have what you are smoking.

My experience was based on people I know from naija. My post was made in a forum frequent by naijans.   .   . You get the idea?

If my friends can give out my contacts, if it is something I have observed here and people have pointed out the same, surely there must be a problem somewhere? Perhaps with our culture? No? Or is it coincidence that these friends are the ones in naija?

Also, can you tell me what law Nigeria have when it comes to privacy matter? smiley

Dude you are missing the point, and trying to move the goal post.

you're so s.tupid.

and please stop disturbing the forum with your daft matter.

only a goat gives out his /her personal info then starts useless threads complaining his/her "friends" did blah blah blah.

face it- you're a bleeping goat.
Re: Do We Have Respect For Privacy? by ElRazur: 8:23pm On Jun 25, 2010
tpiah:

you're so s.tupid.

And you are very clever. grin
Re: Do We Have Respect For Privacy? by Sauron1: 8:25pm On Jun 25, 2010
aieromon:

It's a typical Naija thing - no need deflecting it to other peops.
Naija peops are new to the mobile phone culture - they give their numbers out willingly just to prove they own a mobile phone which is crass.
Like we already discussed on Politics section, the way Nigerians come abroad and expect you to accommodate them for the period they would be staying is part of it too.

Nigerians know nowt about privacy.
Re: Do We Have Respect For Privacy? by ElRazur: 8:29pm On Jun 25, 2010
I suppose with time, more and more people will realise that privacy is a serious issue, and perhaps start to treat their privacy with better respect?
Re: Do We Have Respect For Privacy? by follypimpi(m): 9:13pm On Jun 25, 2010
tpiah:

you're so s.tupid.

only a goat gives out his /her personal info then starts useless threads complaining his/her "friends" did blah blah blah.

This is very un-U.
Re: Do We Have Respect For Privacy? by Odunnu: 9:19pm On Jun 25, 2010
Does ths warrant insults?kant we have a decent arguement without insults in NL?Dats y I dread politics section!
Re: Do We Have Respect For Privacy? by follypimpi(m): 9:22pm On Jun 25, 2010
Odunnu:

Does ths warrant insults?kant we have a decent arguement without insults in NL?Dats y I dread politics section!

Beats me.
Re: Do We Have Respect For Privacy? by aieromon(m): 9:53pm On Jun 25, 2010
ElRazur:

My experience was based on people I know from naija.

Change friends then.I got friends all over the world and nothin' will make me exchange their details with anyone.Maybe you are ''new to the mobile phone culture''.

~Sauron~:

It's a typical Naija thing - no need deflecting it to other peops.
Naija peops are new to the mobile phone culture - they give their numbers out willingly just to prove they own a mobile phone which is crass.
Like we already discussed on Politics section, the way Nigerians come abroad and expect you to accommodate them for the period they would be staying is part of it too.

Nigerians know nowt about privacy.
I knew it would come to this.Am out of here.
Re: Do We Have Respect For Privacy? by mbulela: 9:59pm On Jun 25, 2010
when will we ever have a decent discussion on this forum devoid of insults??
I am getting fed up with this childish tendencies.
tomorrow, we will complain about the thieving thugs in National assembly.
Re: Do We Have Respect For Privacy? by OAM4J: 10:57pm On Jun 25, 2010
Odunnu:

This is not Politics section and if you can survive the unwarranted insults in romance section, you can as well survive Politics section cool grin
Re: Do We Have Respect For Privacy? by oyinda3(f): 11:53pm On Jun 25, 2010
next time when you give your number out, tell them not to give it to anybody else. give them a warning and let them know otherwise. . .
or if they want to, tell them to let you know beforehand
Re: Do We Have Respect For Privacy? by follypimpi(m): 11:55pm On Jun 25, 2010
^ shocked shocked Oyinda !!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Do We Have Respect For Privacy? by oyinda3(f): 11:56pm On Jun 25, 2010
yes my loveee!!! cheesy cheesy shocked
Re: Do We Have Respect For Privacy? by follypimpi(m): 11:57pm On Jun 25, 2010
Where you dey since,i don miss you bad !
Re: Do We Have Respect For Privacy? by oyinda3(f): 12:08am On Jun 26, 2010
i dey work o my dear. n studying
how r u? ur hair keeps getting bigger n bigger. i hate u
Re: Do We Have Respect For Privacy? by follypimpi(m): 12:10am On Jun 26, 2010
It's the Lords doing and is marvellous in ur sight. grin grin Same here jare,how ur man dem?
Re: Do We Have Respect For Privacy? by oyinda3(f): 12:13am On Jun 26, 2010
hhahaha ur a clown grin
my man? which one?
Re: Do We Have Respect For Privacy? by follypimpi(m): 12:19am On Jun 26, 2010
^ the one am dis-placing now.
Re: Do We Have Respect For Privacy? by oyinda3(f): 12:28am On Jun 26, 2010
hahaha what will ur girl say? ehn?
Re: Do We Have Respect For Privacy? by follypimpi(m): 12:32am On Jun 26, 2010
oyinda.:

hahaha what will your girl say? ehn?

Very accomodating she is,there is luv in sharing afterall we are all 1.
Re: Do We Have Respect For Privacy? by oyinda3(f): 12:37am On Jun 26, 2010
well hahha news flash: i don't share. tongue

u live in the bahamas right? what brought u there all d way from naija?
Re: Do We Have Respect For Privacy? by follypimpi(m): 12:42am On Jun 26, 2010
oyinda.:

well hahha news flash: i don't share. tongue

u live in the bahamas right? what brought u there all d way from naija?

You wouldn't know until you give it a TRY.U live in the states if am correct fly over come spend a romantic weekend in my Yatch.

Re: Do We Have Respect For Privacy? by bluespice(f): 12:55am On Jun 26, 2010
it's true, a lot of people are not good with keeping private information. I also agree with the poster that a lot of the encounters i've had have been with the nigerians in my life, we all need to understand the meaning of privacy. The typical nigerian /african culture sees nothing wrong in sharing contact information between perceived acquaintances.
Re: Do We Have Respect For Privacy? by ElRazur: 3:33am On Jun 26, 2010
aieromon:

Change friends then.I got friends all over the world and nothin' will make me exchange their details with anyone.Maybe you are ''new to the mobile phone culture''.

Now I am convinced you are high.

I do not have to change friends you see. These friends should have known better than giving out my contacts without my permission, and this outweighs what you are suggesting.

Please explain to me as to why some people around here sometimes post people's info without their permission?

Finally, I am still asking you as to what law Nigeria have on privacy?

tpiah:

you're so s.tupid.

You really are clever.

So all those who have had their privacy violated, by lack of respect from others are goats?

All those who gave out their personal info in good faith are goats right, simply because it was violated by folks who have little or no understanding about privacy in this day and age?

Damn it  tope, you are brimming with brilliance!
Re: Do We Have Respect For Privacy? by tpiah: 3:34am On Jun 26, 2010
^^respect others if you want others to respect you.

enough of your hypocritical whining.
Re: Do We Have Respect For Privacy? by oyinda3(f): 3:40am On Jun 26, 2010
follypimpi:

You wouldn't know until you give it a TRY.U live in the states if am correct fly over come spend a romantic weekend in my Yatch.

ship ur yatch over to me. maybe then I will then consider sharing.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Unconscious Activity Do U Find Yourself Doing When Annoyed? / Microsoft Az-101 Dumps Pdf | Real Azure Az-101 Pdf Questions Answers Test Guide / Two Ethiopian Heroes Who Lost Their Heads To Their Enemies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.