Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:19 AM

I Won't Surrender To Corruption - President Buhari Vows - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Won't Surrender To Corruption - President Buhari Vows (8857 Views)

I Am Still In The Race: Wase Visits Buhari, Vows Not To Step Down For Abbas / 2019 Election: Nobody Will Unseat Me, Buhari Vows / 2019 Election: Buhari Vows Harsh Verdict For Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Won't Surrender To Corruption - President Buhari Vows by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:04am On Aug 21, 2018
…says economic challenges temporary

Olalekan Adetayo, Abuja

President Muhammadu Buhari on Monday promised Nigerians that he would never surrender to corruption.

He said fighting corruption was a task that must be done in order to protect the larger interests of the ordinary Nigerians whom he said were the worst victims of diseases, poverty, malnutritionBuhari spoke in his Eid-el Kabir message to Nigerians made available to journalists by his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu.

The President said surrendering to corruption was not an option because it destroyed society and progress of nations.

“Even if some people hate you for fighting corruption, you should not chicken out from the task as a leader because doing so is a betrayal of public trust,” he said.

The President explained that religion was a major factor in influencing human behaviour towards good conduct and action.

He, however, regretted that selfishness, greed and corruption had overwhelmed human beings to the extent that people abandoned their religious beliefs in pursuit of their greed.

On the current economic challenges facing Nigerians, the President reassured Nigerians that such were temporary because the welfare of the people was the main thrust of the change agenda of his administration.

To buttress this point, Buhari cited the many initiatives unfolded by the administration under the Social Investment Programme among which was the recent decision to distribute recovered looted funds to the poor against the past practices of re-looting such funds by some people in authority.

Buhari spoke in his Eid-el Kabir message to Nigerians made available to journalists by his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu.

The President said surrendering to corruption was not an option because it destroyed society and progress of nations.

“Even if some people hate you for fighting corruption, you should not chicken out from the task as a leader because doing so is a betrayal of public trust,” he said.

The President explained that religion was a major factor in influencing human behaviour towards good conduct and action.

He, however, regretted that selfishness, greed and corruption had overwhelmed human beings to the extent that people abandoned their religious beliefs in pursuit of their greed.

On the current economic challenges facing Nigerians, the President reassured Nigerians that such were temporary because the welfare of the people was the main thrust of the change agenda of his administration.

To buttress this point, Buhari cited the many initiatives unfolded by the administration under the Social Investment Programme among which was the recent decision to distribute recovered looted funds to the poor against the past practices of re-looting such funds by some people in authority.

Buhari urged Nigerians to rise above personal, group, sectarian and other interests, and promote harmony and tolerance in dealing with one another at all times.

He urged all Muslims to use the Eid-el Kabir for sober reflection and self-examination, and strive to be good ambassadors of their religion by upholding high moral values

He reminded Muslims that this occasion of Eid-ul-Adha is a remembrance of the submission of Prophet Ibrahim Allaihis-Salam to Allah, his Creator, by which he taught the world the value of sacrifice in relating with one another, and when it comes to nation-building.

“We must sacrifice for others and remember always those who are less fortunate than ourselves,” the President declared.

Meanwhile, President Buhari is billed to celebrate this year’s Eid-el Kabir with his kinsmen in his home town, Daura, Katsina State on Tuesday.

The President on Monday left Abuja for the purpose.

His convoy left the forecourt of the Presidential Villa, Abuja, for the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja at about 3.06pm.

Some top government officials saw Buhari off as he left for his home town.

The government officials included his Chief of Staff, Abba Kyari; the National Security Officer, Babagana Monguno; and the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Boss Mustapha.

The President is expected back in Abuja after the Sallah break.

Recall that the Federal Government had earlier declared Tuesday and Wednesday as public holidays to mark the Sallah.

https://punchng.com/i-wont-surrender-to-corruption-buhari-vows/

2 Likes

Re: I Won't Surrender To Corruption - President Buhari Vows by kaykay1980: 5:09am On Aug 21, 2018
PMB TILL 2023 I would have said more but the person behind will say it

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Won't Surrender To Corruption - President Buhari Vows by Nobody: 5:09am On Aug 21, 2018
You've never surrendered to corruption and i dont see you doing it any soon sai buhari come rain come shine #PMB_TILL_2023

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Won't Surrender To Corruption - President Buhari Vows by chriskosherbal(m): 5:10am On Aug 21, 2018
Am not saying anything just here to register my presence cheesy and read comments.

Meanwhile I am recommending my signature for your consumption now in lagos
Re: I Won't Surrender To Corruption - President Buhari Vows by Corrinthians(m): 5:17am On Aug 21, 2018
Despite all the curses and attacks, the man has vowed not to bend a knee to corruption and it's supporters.

Carry go Baba. We are SOLIDLY behind you sir!

The yam eaters at Wadata Plaza be like..

15 Likes

Re: I Won't Surrender To Corruption - President Buhari Vows by Blakjewelry(m): 5:27am On Aug 21, 2018
fighting corruption with mouth

85 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Won't Surrender To Corruption - President Buhari Vows by middlebeltboy: 5:30am On Aug 21, 2018
lol, this clown of a President funny die

85 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Won't Surrender To Corruption - President Buhari Vows by Maxymilliano(m): 5:31am On Aug 21, 2018
When you're a hammer, everything looks like a nail. That's Buhari for you, even when the economy is at it's lowest ebb due to ill thought policies, it is still corruption, corruption and corruption .

He has to keep using this rhetorical device in order to mask his emptiness and failures.

97 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Won't Surrender To Corruption - President Buhari Vows by Aufbauh(m): 5:50am On Aug 21, 2018
Baba carry go!
To me your integrity is your manifesto.for good name is much better than riches.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won't Surrender To Corruption - President Buhari Vows by EmekaMD(m): 5:51am On Aug 21, 2018
Buhari should give up being a hypocrite. We Nigerians have already seen beyond ur smokescreened "integrity"

Why keep insulting our intelligence?
We know a genuine fight against corruption when we see one and this is clearly not one..

So do me a favor and gerrarahia!!

81 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Won't Surrender To Corruption - President Buhari Vows by magoo10(m): 6:49am On Aug 21, 2018
Meanwhile the hypocrite has surrendered to nepotism.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won't Surrender To Corruption - President Buhari Vows by Racoon(m): 6:51am On Aug 21, 2018
From "I will fight corruption" to "Stop glorifying thieves & looters", then "I will jail looters" and now "I wont surrender to corruption" Buhari have proven & confirmed he is damnable hypocrite.

64 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Won't Surrender To Corruption - President Buhari Vows by dlondonbadboy: 6:53am On Aug 21, 2018
Yes SaiBaba. Corruption must die. Corruption must die!
Die by fire!
Die by thunder!
Die by fire.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won't Surrender To Corruption - President Buhari Vows by Racoon(m): 6:53am On Aug 21, 2018
Aufbauh:
Baba carry go!
To me your integrity is your manifesto.for good name is much better than riches.

Any person who is obsessed with proclaiming his “integrity” at the slightest opportunity but won’t investigate, much less fire, shady characters he has appointed to work with- and for- him can’t possibly be truly a person of integrity.
From PTF to The Buhari Organization (TBO), Buhari has consistently protected corrupt close aides from the consequences of their ethical and legal infractions.

This attitude of mollycoddling corrupt but loyal aides and appointees while pretending to be a man of “integrity” who is “fighting” corruption is getting worse by the day and indicates that, in spite of self-righteous declarations to the contrary, Buhari is himself morally indistinguishable from his crooked cronies.

It is impossible to deploy the resources of logic to argue that Buhari has integrity. He doesn’t. Well, unless integrity means something to Buhari supporters other than what it actually means in the English language.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailytrust.com.ng/amplite/adeosun-s-nysc-certificate-is-as-fake-as-buhari-s-integrity-260912.html

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won't Surrender To Corruption - President Buhari Vows by Omeokachie: 7:01am On Aug 21, 2018
See this one reading a speech prepared for him by the cabal...

Ask him the content of what he just read and he won't be able to tell you.

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Won't Surrender To Corruption - President Buhari Vows by Aufbauh(m): 7:36am On Aug 21, 2018
Racoon:

You can keep on consoling yourself with someone's opinion just to please your perception.

However, you are only trying fruitlessly to make an informed adult to see through a baseless sensational thought that is already broken.
Re: I Won't Surrender To Corruption - President Buhari Vows by Racoon(m): 8:06am On Aug 21, 2018
Aufbauh:
You can keep on consoling yourself with someone's opinion just to please your perception.
However, you are only trying fruitlessly to make an informed adult to see through a baseless sensational thought that is already broken.

So what have become of the likes of Abdulrasheed Maina,OUK, Lawal Babachir, Mikanti Baru/$26 billion fraudulent NNPC contracts, Obanikoro, Buratai/Danbazzua, Amaechi, Oshiomole, NHIS Sec,Lai Muhammed #13 MOI scandal, Kemi NYSC/Obono-Obla WAEC certificate scandals, NIA/Ikoyi Funds etc.Please buzz me when you have answers.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Won't Surrender To Corruption - President Buhari Vows by FarahAideed: 8:25am On Aug 21, 2018
Shut up you shallow man!!!!! It's very clear that you don t even know the meaning of the word corruption because if you did you will know that you Buhari is the personification of the word corruption and the fastest way to fight it is to send you back to Daura

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Won't Surrender To Corruption - President Buhari Vows by Primesky(m): 9:11am On Aug 21, 2018
The statement by Mr. President in itself is commendable, but we must start seeing corruption beyond stealing money. Nepotism is corruption, certificate forgery is corruption.

Favoritism in government, disregard of the rule of law, like abandonment of the Federal character in terms of political appointment, impunity in government, all these and many more are corruption.

The president has so far shown some character, but obviously much is required. The third columnist within his government are, to say the least, saboteurs!.

We as Nigerians, must learn to speak truth to power. We must learn to commend when we should, and constructively criticise when we should. At the end of the day, it's still out country.

He that comes to justice must come with clean hands.

Nigeria is not making progress as she aught to, given our rich human and natural resources, we aught to do better, and the buck stops at the president's desk!.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won't Surrender To Corruption - President Buhari Vows by SocialJustice: 9:59am On Aug 21, 2018
Yeye dey smell.

2 Likes

Re: I Won't Surrender To Corruption - President Buhari Vows by cmikel: 10:01am On Aug 21, 2018
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Won't Surrender To Corruption - President Buhari Vows by EmekaMD(m): 10:52am On Aug 21, 2018
Funny Man..

You better look for a new song because this "corruption fight" won't be a hit again in 2019..

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won't Surrender To Corruption - President Buhari Vows by omocalabar(m): 10:53am On Aug 21, 2018
is forgery and nepotism not corruption again?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won't Surrender To Corruption - President Buhari Vows by israelmao(m): 10:53am On Aug 21, 2018
You have already surrendered by surrounding yourself with fresh and old looters.We have seen looters re-looting the looters' loots under your very watch.

4 Likes

Re: I Won't Surrender To Corruption - President Buhari Vows by Olumeme: 10:53am On Aug 21, 2018
But corruption is swimming around him.. Ewu president

11 Likes

Re: I Won't Surrender To Corruption - President Buhari Vows by Metuh: 10:54am On Aug 21, 2018
Useless Liar....Old man wan fight corruption. grin

5 Likes

Re: I Won't Surrender To Corruption - President Buhari Vows by princechurchill(m): 10:55am On Aug 21, 2018
A man that can't identify his cabinet nor read the details of country's budget and also perform his job as commander in chief is talking about surrendering to corruption

Oga you're corruption personified

7 Likes

Re: I Won't Surrender To Corruption - President Buhari Vows by Nobody: 10:55am On Aug 21, 2018
grin

2 Likes

Re: I Won't Surrender To Corruption - President Buhari Vows by AfonjaSlaves(f): 10:55am On Aug 21, 2018
useless tyrant what are you going to do about the corruption going on Right there on your nose... condom would have averted this Ediot

3 Likes

Re: I Won't Surrender To Corruption - President Buhari Vows by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:55am On Aug 21, 2018
I am solidly with you Mr President
Re: I Won't Surrender To Corruption - President Buhari Vows by bedspread: 10:55am On Aug 21, 2018
Pmb Should stop this "Pages of Newspapers Corruption Fight"

It's more like playing ludo on the Intelligence of Nigerians...

What Corruption Fight is more than •Encouraging Certificate Fraudsters
•Disobeying Court Orders
•Wining and Dining with Corrupt Criminals
•Directly and Indirectly backing up Killer Herdsmen etc..

What Corruption Fight do we still keep on Fooling ourselves with??

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

LAdoja Denies Being Rushed To UCH / No Extension Of Deadline For Submission Of Candidates’ List – INEC / Governor Otti Makes 26 New Appointments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.