Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,799 members, 7,810,078 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:10 PM

Are You Entitled To Your Boyfriend/girlfriend's Money? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are You Entitled To Your Boyfriend/girlfriend's Money? (1562 Views)

How Old Were You When You Had Your First Boyfriend/Girlfriend? / "If You Can't Give Your Girlfriend Money, Be Prepared To Share Her" - Lady / How Much Do You Love Your Current Boyfriend/Girlfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You Entitled To Your Boyfriend/girlfriend's Money? by lingoafrica: 3:11pm On Aug 21, 2018
These days, you will meet single men and women the world over, who have the mindset that being in a relationship with someone they deem financially comfortable, automatically means they do not have to pay for their own stuff anymore.

They feel entitled to their partners’ money. Raising hell if said partner gets to a point where they feel used. A lot of people have opinions on this ranging from the fact that someone says I love you to them means s/he owes them the good life and if they cannot provide it, its ‘on to the next one’.

Not to be gender specific, because this situation goes both ways, however, it is quite common to see many young single ladies adopt the same mindset.

They attach so much importance to a man being financially responsible for all their needs, especially the young ladies who have no specific means of regular income.

The question is however, does a man truly need to cater to all his woman’s needs while they are dating? Is this not an unnecessary burden on him?

Doesn’t this ‘mindset’ being proliferated even to younger girls, a way of demeaning a woman in a relationship?

See more http://lingoafrica.com/as-a-single-are-you-really-entitled-to-your-partners-money/

1 Like

Re: Are You Entitled To Your Boyfriend/girlfriend's Money? by lingoafrica: 6:26pm On Aug 21, 2018
Re: Are You Entitled To Your Boyfriend/girlfriend's Money? by nnaemeka38(m): 6:30pm On Aug 21, 2018
Hmm
Re: Are You Entitled To Your Boyfriend/girlfriend's Money? by daviesblaze(m): 6:48pm On Aug 21, 2018
space booked
Re: Are You Entitled To Your Boyfriend/girlfriend's Money? by nnaemeka38(m): 7:58pm On Aug 21, 2018
Money is good
Re: Are You Entitled To Your Boyfriend/girlfriend's Money? by lingoafrica: 10:02pm On Aug 21, 2018
Good night
Re: Are You Entitled To Your Boyfriend/girlfriend's Money? by donsheva: 12:23am On Aug 22, 2018
s
Re: Are You Entitled To Your Boyfriend/girlfriend's Money? by chiommy123(f): 4:38am On Aug 22, 2018
If he willingly accepted the responsibility then who am I to say no.
Re: Are You Entitled To Your Boyfriend/girlfriend's Money? by lingoafrica: 6:09am On Aug 22, 2018
chiommy123:
If he willingly accepted the responsibility then who am I to say no.

No harm in that, just make sure you make your own money too, to avoid stories that touch grin
Re: Are You Entitled To Your Boyfriend/girlfriend's Money? by chiommy123(f): 6:12am On Aug 22, 2018
lingoafrica:

No harm in that, just make sure you make your own money too, to avoid stories that touch grin
no doubt. We don't depend on guys this days. They ain't loyal. Lol
Re: Are You Entitled To Your Boyfriend/girlfriend's Money? by lingoafrica: 6:57am On Aug 22, 2018
chiommy123:
no doubt. We don't depend on guys this days. They ain't loyal. Lol

Abii o
Re: Are You Entitled To Your Boyfriend/girlfriend's Money? by Nobody: 8:09am On Aug 22, 2018
A girlfriend cannot be entitled to my money neither can I think of being of picking up her atm card.

Marriage. . hehehe she and my daughter,hopefully it will be a daughter ,can run me down financially .I'm OK by it.

God give me a chance to exist for my family and ambition alone embarassed

1 Like

Re: Are You Entitled To Your Boyfriend/girlfriend's Money? by Nobody: 8:14am On Aug 22, 2018
Igbokiller:
A girlfriend cannot be entitled to my money neither can I think of being of picking up her atm card.

Marriage. . hehehe she and my daughter,hopefully it will be a daughter ,can run me down financially .I'm OK by it.

I second this
Re: Are You Entitled To Your Boyfriend/girlfriend's Money? by lingoafrica: 8:21am On Aug 22, 2018
KingLinglee:

I second this

Fantastic!
Re: Are You Entitled To Your Boyfriend/girlfriend's Money? by lingoafrica: 10:26am On Aug 22, 2018
smiley
Re: Are You Entitled To Your Boyfriend/girlfriend's Money? by lingoafrica: 4:17pm On Aug 22, 2018
Igbokiller:

Smart man
Re: Are You Entitled To Your Boyfriend/girlfriend's Money? by nnaemeka38(m): 5:25pm On Aug 22, 2018
:/
Re: Are You Entitled To Your Boyfriend/girlfriend's Money? by Gaspardd(m): 5:51pm On Aug 22, 2018
Recently, fiance who makes more money than i do, was telling me she needed to get some things at the supermarket with her own money, she called me to ask for what i want, i said nothing. She came back telling me about all the things she got, (in my mind i was just plusing, plusing, plusing and plusing....Holy shiet this is too much baby, you could have given me this money to get some necessary stuffs for my job)...tho i didnt say that out loud.
Fact is, i'm not entitled to her money. She can help me with some money of which i will accept it with respect and gratitude but then i'm not expecting anything from her.
Re: Are You Entitled To Your Boyfriend/girlfriend's Money? by nnaemeka38(m): 8:08pm On Aug 22, 2018
Till
Re: Are You Entitled To Your Boyfriend/girlfriend's Money? by HouseOfWine: 8:13pm On Aug 22, 2018
Its not worldwide...

Be honestly specific, its NIGERIAN females
Re: Are You Entitled To Your Boyfriend/girlfriend's Money? by lingoafrica: 2:24am On Aug 23, 2018
Haha. Perhaps, someone got to you?
Re: Are You Entitled To Your Boyfriend/girlfriend's Money? by khiaa(f): 3:34am On Aug 23, 2018
Igbokiller:

Marriage. . hehehe she and my daughter, [b]hopefully, it will be a daughter, [/b]can run me down financially .I'm OK by it.

Is it because of the bride price? grin
Re: Are You Entitled To Your Boyfriend/girlfriend's Money? by khiaa(f): 3:38am On Aug 23, 2018
Igbokiller:
A girlfriend cannot be entitled to my money either can I think of being of picking up her atm card.

Marriage. hehehe she and my daughter, [b]hopefully, it will be a daughter, [/b]can run me down financially. I'm OK by it.

Is it because of the bride price you will receive? grin
Re: Are You Entitled To Your Boyfriend/girlfriend's Money? by Nobody: 4:52am On Aug 23, 2018
khiaa:

Is it because of the bride price you will receive? grin
sorry.I don't believe in bride price
Re: Are You Entitled To Your Boyfriend/girlfriend's Money? by khiaa(f): 4:58am On Aug 23, 2018
Igbokiller:
sorry.I don't believe in bride price

Since when don't Africans believe in bride price? grin
Re: Are You Entitled To Your Boyfriend/girlfriend's Money? by Nobody: 6:42am On Aug 23, 2018
khiaa:

Since when don't Africans believe in bride price? grin
since the fact emerged that bride price is cross continent practice not just African
Re: Are You Entitled To Your Boyfriend/girlfriend's Money? by khiaa(f): 7:53am On Aug 23, 2018
Igbokiller:
since the fact emerged that bride price is cross continent practice not just African

I didn't ask about the other continents I asked about Africans.
Re: Are You Entitled To Your Boyfriend/girlfriend's Money? by Nobody: 9:46am On Aug 23, 2018
khiaa:

I didn't ask about the other continents I asked about Africans.
just answered u.when African saw how other people practis bride price .they cared less
Re: Are You Entitled To Your Boyfriend/girlfriend's Money? by Lordbooster(m): 10:12am On Aug 23, 2018
Making ur own cash is the surest bet yet...anyways check our signature handle for some 18+ naija contents
Re: Are You Entitled To Your Boyfriend/girlfriend's Money? by khiaa(f): 1:55pm On Aug 23, 2018
Igbokiller:
just answered u.when African saw how other people practis bride price .they cared less

Why must there be a bride price anyway, it looks as though the woman is being purchased like a slave/property?

(1) (2) (Reply)

See How These Girls Are Just Having S-ex ... / 6-year-old Twins Get Married In Thailand To Avoid Bad Luck (photos) / Female University Students Drop Π Ude Pictures In Hotels To Attract Men In Imo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.