Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,093 members, 7,825,453 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:04 PM

How Can I Get A Birth Certificate Please - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Can I Get A Birth Certificate Please (4413 Views)

Pls I Need Answers.i Alter My Birth Certificate / How Can I Get A New Birth Certificate / Requirements For Obtaining A Birth Certificate From The NPC? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Get A Birth Certificate Please by Madisonsqua(m): 6:44am On Aug 22, 2018
Good day fellow N’landers....

Please I’m in a bit dilemma here. My birth was not registered and so I do not have a birth certificate . I was born in the 80’s and when I approached NPC some years ago, they said they cannot issue me with one as I was over 18 yrs so I stick to my affidavit.

Now I have recently applied for my Residence visa and they wanted the birth certificate from NPC or “Non availability “ of full birth certificate or “ birth not registered” certificate issued by NPC. Only then can they accept my passport as a proof of my date of birth.

Please has anyone be in same situation and how did u go about this.... pls it’s urgent.

Thanks
Re: How Can I Get A Birth Certificate Please by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:46am On Aug 22, 2018
Are you based in Lagos or outside the country at the moment?
Re: How Can I Get A Birth Certificate Please by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:50am On Aug 22, 2018
There are some foreigner who were given birth to in Nigeria and do not have their birth certificate. NATIONAL POPULATION COMMISSION (NPC) is the only federal ministry in Nigeria authorized to issue birth certificates to applicants in need of it. All embassies both in Nigeria and abroad recognize and accept the (NPC).

According to the NPC Deputy Director, in order to obtain an attestation letter, an adult must first go to the High Court of Justice to make a declaration of age, which is also referred to as a “sworn age declaration affidavit”. At the High Court of Justice, the applicant is asked to complete a form, which includes the individual’s date of birth, place of birth, family, etc., as well as a statement saying that, at the time of his or her birth, the NPC did not exist. It usually takes one to two days to obtain a stamped declaration of age from the High Court of Justice. After obtaining the declaration of age, the applicant can go to one of the 774 local government areas to find out to which NPC state office they should go to obtain an attestation letter. The fee required to obtain a declaration of age varies from state to state.

5 Likes

Re: How Can I Get A Birth Certificate Please by Madisonsqua(m): 6:52am On Aug 22, 2018
post=70495556:
Are you based in Lagos or outside the country at the moment?

I’m outside at the moment . But my parent are in Lagos so they help if necessary
Re: How Can I Get A Birth Certificate Please by Madisonsqua(m): 8:44am On Aug 22, 2018
I just read about atteststion of age by NPC.... I guess this is what I need.... pls more info
Re: How Can I Get A Birth Certificate Please by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:48am On Aug 22, 2018
Madisonsqua:
I just read about atteststion of age by NPC.... I guess this is what I need.... pls more info
Yes, that is exactly what is needed, not the actual Birth certificate, guess that is for people under 18 years.
Re: How Can I Get A Birth Certificate Please by lastempero: 11:48am On Aug 22, 2018
U will be asked to swear an affidavit after which u go to Npc in abj
Re: How Can I Get A Birth Certificate Please by Madisonsqua(m): 10:05am On Aug 26, 2018
overseasnbeyond:

Fake or original?
original
Re: How Can I Get A Birth Certificate Please by lowisz: 9:41am On Aug 28, 2018
Hmmmm
Re: How Can I Get A Birth Certificate Please by lowisz: 9:44am On Aug 28, 2018
[quote author=lowisz post=70678909]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Get A Birth Certificate Please by Madisonsqua(m): 11:18pm On Sep 02, 2018
Finally got it done... cost just 2k paid to NPC bank account and another 2k to fast track which is a shameful attitude.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

The 2011 Us Visa Lottery Results. / Moved Back To Nigeria.. Miss The States..help Me / Is The US The Only Country/continent That Conducts A Visa Lottery Program?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.