Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,182 members, 7,818,579 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:11 PM

Forgive And Be Forgiven. But Can You Forgive Adam and Eve? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Forgive And Be Forgiven. But Can You Forgive Adam and Eve? (631 Views)

How Often Do You Forgive And Forget? / Why Didn't God Forgive Adam And Eve? / What is Sin Against The Holy Spirit That Will Not Be Forgiven?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Forgive And Be Forgiven. But Can You Forgive Adam and Eve? by pressplay411(m): 10:28am On Aug 22, 2018
"Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us"
Matthew 6:12

After teaching us the Lord's Prayer, our Lord Jesus Christ emphasised more on Forgiveness as the Key to our answered prayers.

“For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
Matthew 6:14-15

Do you live a peaceful life with everyone or Do you hold a grudge against your family, friend, spouse, ex colleague, leaders, followers, superiors, subordinates, governors, presidents, pastors or even Adam and Eve?

God led me to know that we have all been carrying an anger and hatred for Adam and Eve for as long as we can remember.

I was surprised when I found out I usually had some anger whenever I read the story of the creation. How Adam and Eve have cost us Perfection and Glory only to be reduced to a shameful life of struggles, toils and more struggles.

We have to realise Adam may have been the First Man, he was not the Perfect Man. He was not Jesus Christ, the Second Adam.

Adam had weakness that he needed a woman to complement him.
And the Lord God said, “It is not good that man should be alone; I will make him a helper comparable to him.” Genesis 2:18

We have to know that Adam was the first man. He didn't have anyone to learn from, any example, any one who had experience, to tell him what death meant.

Even some Men of God that have the Holyspirit in them still fall to sin even though they know the consequences.

Let us have some Mercy on Adam and Eve. After all the bible does not tell us how long, how many years or centuries or millennia they spent in the Garden of Eden before they eventually fell.
Let us all Forgive Adam and Eve in our hearts.
Let us Forgive our original Father and Mother.
Let us make Peace with them. They deserve our closure.

I release myself from every grudge, anger and bitterness for your transgression against God and Man.
Have Peace. Have Restoration into Glory. Have Dominion in Jesus name. Amen.

2 Likes

Re: Forgive And Be Forgiven. But Can You Forgive Adam and Eve? by donbachi(m): 11:10am On Aug 22, 2018
i forgave them even while i was in my mother's womb...what they did,am still doing.
Re: Forgive And Be Forgiven. But Can You Forgive Adam and Eve? by pressplay411(m): 4:15pm On Aug 22, 2018
donbachi:
i forgave them even while i was in my mother's womb...what they did,am still doing.

Great man, very chivalrous of you.
But to overcome sin is not so difficult. I was a master masturbator, alcoholic, adulterer and fornicator just last year, to mention few.
Now I'm living completely free of all these bondages.

Care to know how?

2 Likes

Re: Forgive And Be Forgiven. But Can You Forgive Adam and Eve? by donbachi(m): 5:51pm On Aug 22, 2018
pressplay411:

But to overcome sin is not so difficult. I was a master masturbator, alcoholic, adulterer and fornicator just last year, to mention few.

Care to know how?
how?
Re: Forgive And Be Forgiven. But Can You Forgive Adam and Eve? by pressplay411(m): 5:57pm On Aug 22, 2018
donbachi:
how?

The same truth every where. The only thing different is the attitude change.

Christ is the only Salvation (Solution) to all Sins (Problems)

But you have to genuinely Believe He can save you. That's the only part you have to play.

We have been trained that Seeing is Believing but Faith is the other way round.
Believe it First, then watch it happen.

Are you willing sir?

1 Like

Re: Forgive And Be Forgiven. But Can You Forgive Adam and Eve? by donbachi(m): 5:59pm On Aug 22, 2018
pressplay411:

The same truth every where. The only thing different is the attitude change.

Christ is the only Salvation (Solution) to all Sins (Problems)

But you have to genuinely Believe He can save you. That's the only part you have to play.

We have been trained that Seeing is Believing but Faith is the other way round.
Believe it First, then watch it happen.

Are you willing sir?
yes
Re: Forgive And Be Forgiven. But Can You Forgive Adam and Eve? by pressplay411(m): 6:11pm On Aug 22, 2018
donbachi:
yes

Great.

The password is simple. Humbly read this sir.

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
John 3:16

Do you believe Jesus Christ can save you? And Can deliver you from all your sins?

If you do, now Confess your sins in your heart wherever you are and ask for forgiveness.
Ask Jesus Christ to save you. And Make up your Mind now that you don't want to be a sinner anymore.
And it is done. In Jesus name we have prayed.

It doesn't mean you will immediately stop all your sins.
But if you did that with sincerity and humility, I believe something has happened to your heart.

Try to locate a church close to you where your heart is comfortable. And join their Foundation Class to learn of Christ.
Welcome home brother.

The Grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Love of God and the Fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you now and for ever.
Amen.

1 Like

Re: Forgive And Be Forgiven. But Can You Forgive Adam and Eve? by geoworldedu: 6:14pm On Aug 22, 2018
Let the Christian god go and forgive the people in hell fire first. As a matter of fact, Adam and Eve didn't offend us, it's Yahweh the dull god who mess things up grin

1 Like

Re: Forgive And Be Forgiven. But Can You Forgive Adam and Eve? by pressplay411(m): 4:13am On Aug 23, 2018
geoworldedu:
Let the Christian god go and forgive the people in hell fire first. As a matter of fact, Adam and Eve didn't offend us, it's Yahweh the dull god who mess things up grin

You must think you hurt us or hurt Him by your profanity and desecration but He's God with or without you.
You're the one who needs Him not the other way round.

I once was also lost, now I'm found.
Peace, Mercy and Grace be to you.

1 Like

Re: Forgive And Be Forgiven. But Can You Forgive Adam and Eve? by jFrankNorfleet: 5:32am On Aug 23, 2018
pressplay411:

Care to know how?

How is it that you fornicated and committed adultery at the same time?

1 Like

Re: Forgive And Be Forgiven. But Can You Forgive Adam and Eve? by frank317: 6:28am On Aug 23, 2018
jFrankNorfleet:

Still come become master mastobator on top am... And still has so much time to drink like an alcoholic...

By their lying fruits we shall known them

1 Like

Re: Forgive And Be Forgiven. But Can You Forgive Adam and Eve? by pressplay411(m): 11:05am On Aug 23, 2018
jFrankNorfleet:

Is there a limit to sin?
I had a girlfriend and a side chic (married).

1 Like

Re: Forgive And Be Forgiven. But Can You Forgive Adam and Eve? by frank317: 11:21am On Aug 23, 2018
Only u... U really needed Jesus.
Re: Forgive And Be Forgiven. But Can You Forgive Adam and Eve? by pressplay411(m): 1:16pm On Aug 23, 2018
frank317:
Only u... U really needed Jesus.

Yes. And because I realised this, Grace found me.
Until you change your attitude about things, things will never change.

When you change your attitude towards sin you become conscious not to sin.
But you will realise you can't do it, you'll keep falling back to those sins. Masturbating again after promising yourself to stop, Calling the same guy that broke your heart even when you know he'll only break it again, lying about unimportant things and wondering why did you even lie, gossipping when you said you will stop and even Trying your hands on different businesses and almost succeeding but only to fail again etc

We can't do it on our own.
Only when we turn towards Christ can we receive the Grace to overcome all these sins.

Christ is real to me cos He did what no doctor could do for me, No AAA or Rehab could deliver me from alcohol, no mentor could make me rich, etc.
Only Christ turned my life around.

And He do much more for you if you will just humbly turn to Him.

1 Like

Re: Forgive And Be Forgiven. But Can You Forgive Adam and Eve? by Nobody: 1:21am On Aug 24, 2018
Pressplay411,
What an interesting topic...quite thought-provoking.
I often laugh to myself when people say, "If it wasn't for Eve biting into the fruit, we wouldn't be in this mess of a world! If it were me, I wouldn't have eaten the fruit!"
I think to myself, that not only would we probably have eaten the fruit....but we probably would've eaten multiple pieces (and tried to hide some) before even offering it to someone else.....
I like what you said here in this post though.
The whole concept of forgiveness....even up to the first man and woman on Earth....and their costly sinful disobedience.
We all have sinned...and have struggles/weaknesses in this journey and are in need of God's continual grace and mercy.
Sometimes, we don't even know that we're carrying grudges, bitterness and un forgiveness towards a person(s)..which is why we have to be in a continual prayerful mind-set and do sincere self-introspections.

P.S. Thanks for courageously and honestly sharing your testimony...may God continue to bless you and give you strength to endure to the end...

1 Like

Re: Forgive And Be Forgiven. But Can You Forgive Adam and Eve? by pressplay411(m): 5:24am On Aug 24, 2018
Mobilia:
Pressplay411,
What an interesting topic...quite thought-provoking.
I often laugh to myself when people say, "If it wasn't for Eve biting into the fruit, we wouldn't be in this mess of a world! If it were me, I wouldn't have eaten the fruit!"
I think to myself, that not only would [b]we probably have eaten [/b]the fruit....but we probably would've eaten multiple pieces (and tried to hide some) before even offering it to someone else.....
I like what you said here in this post though.
The whole concept of forgiveness....even up to the first man and woman on Earth....and their costly sinful disobedience.
We all have sinned...and have struggles/weaknesses in this journey and are in need of God's continual grace and mercy.
Sometimes, we don't even know that we're carrying grudges, bitterness and un forgiveness towards a person(s)..which is why we have to be in a continual prayerful mind-set and do sincere self-introspections.

P.S. Thanks for courageously and honestly sharing your testimony...may God continue to bless you and give you strength to endure to the end...

Amen.
Thanks a lot sis.
May we receive the Grace and staying power to the end fulfilling all righteousness and doing His perfect will for our lives in Jesus name.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Why Yahoo Yahoo Boys Are Better Than False Prophets And Pastors / Living Praise: A Biography Of An Emerging Talented Gospel Singer / Pope Francis Officially Approves Change To The Lord's Prayer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.