Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,379 members, 7,836,543 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

My Dad Is Very Stingy - Mapoly Undergraduate Who Stole Dad's Severance Pay - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Dad Is Very Stingy - Mapoly Undergraduate Who Stole Dad's Severance Pay (26368 Views)

MAPOLY Female Student Found Dead After She Was Abducted By Gunmen (photos) / My Dad Is Not Among The Escapees Of Owerri Custodial Centre - Man Cries Out / Mapoly Student Wakes Up Screaming “My Money’s Inside The Well,” Plunges Inside (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Dad Is Very Stingy - Mapoly Undergraduate Who Stole Dad's Severance Pay by Butoneday2(m): 2:52pm On Aug 22, 2018
Prodigal son
Re: My Dad Is Very Stingy - Mapoly Undergraduate Who Stole Dad's Severance Pay by revolt(m): 3:07pm On Aug 22, 2018
I guess he grew with his mum. Afterall why is the man going to look for him in his mums house. Dysfunctional kids always emerge from broken homes. He said his dad is stingy ...he doesn't realise for more than 15 yrs his dad may hve been sacrificing a whole lot for him. Until you become a parent you'll nvr be grateful to ur parents.

1 Like

Re: My Dad Is Very Stingy - Mapoly Undergraduate Who Stole Dad's Severance Pay by Curry30: 3:10pm On Aug 22, 2018
unclesoyo:
Ade Giwa, the father of an Ordinary National Diploma student at the Moshood Abiola Polytechnic, Richard Giwa, has accused his son of stealing the severance pay given to him by the last firm he worked for.

The father said Richard allegedly transferred the money into his bank account.

Punch Metro reports that the 22-year-old transferred the sum of N135,000 from the account through his father’s phone.

The father said he was charging his phone in the sitting room when Richard sneaked in and took it.

He said,

“Richard has done this criminal act before. He looks so gentle that when you see him, you will think he cannot commit such an act.

“The company I was working for was shut down in April 2017. We thought we would be called back, only for me to get a retirement letter in December 2017.

“In March, my boss sent N140,000 to me as part payment of my severance pay. Richard came home, saw the alert, gradually transferred N135,000 from the account and fled the house.

“I was shocked when I saw the balance in my account. So, I went to my bank and it was there that I was asked who Richard Giwa was and I said he is my son. My account statement was printed for me and I saw the transfer. I went to his mother’s house in Amikanle, but I was told that he was nowhere to be found.”

The 65-year-old, who noted that he regularly gave Richard money for upkeep, said he did not know the reason why he would steal from him.

He said the mother claimed not to know anything about the theft, adding that Richard threatened to deal with him if he did not leave his mother out of the matter.

Ade said when he reported the matter at the Alagolo Police Division, the police refused to arrest the mother, saying it was against the law to arrest a non-offender.

He lamented that he had nothing left and had been borrowing money from people to survive.

When Richard was contacted, he admitted to transferring the money, saying he used it to complete his school project.

The 22-year-old, however, claimed that he and his mother were neglected by his father.

He said,

“At first, I thought my father did not have money to take care of us. But later, I discovered that he just did not want to take care of us. He is always saying that I am not his son.

“My father is not computer literate; his phone is always with me. I realise that whenever he goes out, I will receive a debit alert on his phone. I told my mum that my dad had been withdrawing money; he just did not want to give us, but my mum said I should leave him alone.

“There was a day he went out and a debit alert message popped up on his phone and a friend said he saw him eating in a restaurant. He is not concerned about our wellbeing.

“Someone called me from school that I had to pay all the fees I owed and I asked my father for money. He said he did not have; it was my final year in school. I asked my mum, she had nothing to offer.

“Since I don’t want to have an extra year, I transferred N100,000 to pay for my school project and other fees. If I actually want to take his money, I will transfer everything and he will not see me again.”

Richard said his father did not notice that he transferred the money till after three months when he went to check his account balance in the bank.

He added that when his father confronted him about the money, he admitted to transferring it, adding that he told his father that he would pay back the money whenever he got a job.

The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, CSP Chike Oti, said the matter was reported to the police.

He said, “It is true that the matter was reported at the Alagolo Police Station; it is under investigation.”

https://lailasnews.com/dad-is-very-stingy-mapoly-undergraduate-who-stole-dads-severance-pay/

This is the lazy youth Buhari talked about.

Papa owes you an education, shelter and food...and I believe he's delivering on that. If you need money get a job
Re: My Dad Is Very Stingy - Mapoly Undergraduate Who Stole Dad's Severance Pay by officialfestus(m): 3:27pm On Aug 22, 2018
iamJ:
Fire down, nothing does you, I used to steal my parents money too, send me on errands and I will increase the price to make small profit, no be bad thing

My children self are allowed to steal from me, just use sense like I did

We cute like that grin
jixnation?
Re: My Dad Is Very Stingy - Mapoly Undergraduate Who Stole Dad's Severance Pay by officialfestus(m): 3:28pm On Aug 22, 2018
Kira290:
leave the poor man alone....go and work for your own money..
Guys younger than you are taking care of their mom and dad...
You dey there they claim inheritance..
Naija matter tire me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Add me on Skype...
Kira 290

Thanks cool
are you for real?
Re: My Dad Is Very Stingy - Mapoly Undergraduate Who Stole Dad's Severance Pay by Nobody: 3:32pm On Aug 22, 2018
Re: My Dad Is Very Stingy - Mapoly Undergraduate Who Stole Dad's Severance Pay by eddykaka(m): 4:10pm On Aug 22, 2018
U people should leave that boy alone jor, stingy father what does he expect? me i use to do it too, small amount with sense and my dad knows it, he will just be smilling..thats why if i ask him for big money he will fast and gimmi cuz he knows what i can do, i just cant wait to be rich and succesful so i'll pay him back a thousand folds my mum included cuz your parents can tolerate you when no other person can

1 Like

Re: My Dad Is Very Stingy - Mapoly Undergraduate Who Stole Dad's Severance Pay by Oyerinde16(m): 4:10pm On Aug 22, 2018
Kira290:
leave the poor man alone....go and work for your own money..
Guys younger than you are taking care of their mom and dad...
You dey there they claim inheritance..
Naija matter tire me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Add me on Skype...
Kira 290

Thanks cool
ad me on Skype what is on offer
Re: My Dad Is Very Stingy - Mapoly Undergraduate Who Stole Dad's Severance Pay by NigerianDiamond(m): 4:20pm On Aug 22, 2018
tiredoflife:

Why do u lie to score cheap points
At 22 so many Nigerians or even lower age are working and fending for themselves
OK he is not working
He is a full time student
Is it so hard for u to understand
I can see the jobs u created that a boy of 22 can work and skool at the same time when he is not a part time student
Many of u come on nairaland to give nonsense stats that u know its not real
Not to talk of this govt of change
Unless u mean many rob to fend for themselves
Or harvest human parts
Then maybe u will make sense angry

Keep deceiving yourself and wait till government comes to your doorpost to give you a job. If you read and comprehend what I posted, you would have seen that my grouse with the guy is that he stole his father's money. Some kids don't have anyone to cater for them and yet they are not stealing or waiting for government handouts. If he steals his father's money today, he can steal others tomorrow in the name of not having enough. I did not absolve his dad of blame but stealing is a no-no. #myOpinion

1 Like

Re: My Dad Is Very Stingy - Mapoly Undergraduate Who Stole Dad's Severance Pay by srclark: 4:32pm On Aug 22, 2018
tiredoflife:

Keep speaking English in nairaland
Sons are going through a lot
Where u want am to work over 100k comot to pay him skool fees
If him come nairaland u go give am
Na people like u go ask all the questions finish so tey e go remain him papa head to bring
And still tell am u no get
Make una no talk if u no no wetin dey boy go tru
D papa Bleep up
the boy is just trying to be smart by putting up the school story this is how they start till he starts giving everyone sleepless nights then he will blame the government will he be the first or last to deffer his addmission and am sure his cgpa is very bad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Dad Is Very Stingy - Mapoly Undergraduate Who Stole Dad's Severance Pay by Ollymoney: 4:36pm On Aug 22, 2018
But not by transferred his money do u want to kill the man ni
Re: My Dad Is Very Stingy - Mapoly Undergraduate Who Stole Dad's Severance Pay by srclark: 5:11pm On Aug 22, 2018
NigerianDiamond:

Keep deceiving yourself and wait till government comes to your doorpost to give you a job. If you read and comprehend what I posted, you would have seen that my grouse with the guy is that he stole his father's money. Some kids don't have anyone to cater for them and yet they are not stealing or waiting for government handouts. If he steals his father's money today, he can steal others tomorrow in the name of not having enough. I did not absolve his dad of blame but stealing is a no-no. #myOpinion
lets see howfar he goes with the stealing ,any kid above 15yrs should automatically know the financial status of his or her family back then i had course mates from both average and poor backgrounds that did odd jobs from dry cleaning to car wash just to see themselves through school the boy has no excuse he his a calculated criminal and should be kept under serious monitoring

2 Likes

Re: My Dad Is Very Stingy - Mapoly Undergraduate Who Stole Dad's Severance Pay by GistFullGround: 5:43pm On Aug 22, 2018
22 years old, who refused to work while schooling.

Nigeria youths are very lazy
Re: My Dad Is Very Stingy - Mapoly Undergraduate Who Stole Dad's Severance Pay by Coolbriz01(m): 7:58pm On Aug 22, 2018
iamJ:
Fire down, nothing does you, I used to steal my parents money too, send me on errands and I will increase the price to make small profit, no be bad thing

My children self are allowed to steal from me, just use sense like I did

We cute like that grin
CONFIRM, lol...
Re: My Dad Is Very Stingy - Mapoly Undergraduate Who Stole Dad's Severance Pay by Alexrayz(m): 7:58pm On Aug 22, 2018
lordm:
The people who scrolling down this comment without reacting will be having next 7yrs of bad luck grin grin grin

If they use u for ritual nw people will be shouting Upandan but just see ur self
Re: My Dad Is Very Stingy - Mapoly Undergraduate Who Stole Dad's Severance Pay by Nobody: 12:48am On Aug 23, 2018
lordm:
The people who scrolling down this comment without reacting will be having next 7yrs of bad luck grin grin grin

And you go don die, rotten tey tey b4 any of them go experience any form of bad luck. Amen.

Son of a B!tch..
Re: My Dad Is Very Stingy - Mapoly Undergraduate Who Stole Dad's Severance Pay by Nobody: 10:05am On Aug 26, 2018
officialfestus:
jixnation?
No, he is different from me that's judeefcc
Re: My Dad Is Very Stingy - Mapoly Undergraduate Who Stole Dad's Severance Pay by officialfestus(m): 1:49pm On Aug 26, 2018
IamJix:
No, he is different from me that's judeefcc
ok thanks

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Young Girl Assaults Police Officers Trying To Penalise Her Mom For Breaking / #CrimingWhileWhite - White Americans Tweet On Crimes They Got Away With / Shrine Of Baddo Ritualist Arrested By Police In Lagos (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.