Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,219 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:43 AM

My Dad Is Not Among The Escapees Of Owerri Custodial Centre - Man Cries Out - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Dad Is Not Among The Escapees Of Owerri Custodial Centre - Man Cries Out (57984 Views)

Prisoners Escape As Rainstorm Destroys Custodial Centre In Niger / Hamisu Wadume Among Escapees After Kuje Prison Attack / My Dad Is Very Stingy - Mapoly Undergraduate Who Stole Dad's Severance Pay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Dad Is Not Among The Escapees Of Owerri Custodial Centre - Man Cries Out by EkenmaPeter(m): 5:58pm On Apr 13, 2021
Hello my beloved nairalanders i was in my work place around 5:14pm today when i decide to check nairaland for news update when i saw a new list of escapees of owerri custodial center, Imo State.

https://www.nairaland.com/6504699/owerri-jailbreak-names-photos-escaped

I decide to open the link only to see my dad photo among the escapees of owerri custodial center owerri, imo state.

My dad was wrongly accused and he was charge for murder while he works for the former imo state government security network (Ohakim and Rochas) until 2014 when he was accuse of murder while on duty that day, first he was detain for 7 months in zone 9 umuahia until we file for illegal detention at the high court before the officer in-charge had to transfer the case to court and he was remained at owerri prison in 2015 and he has being on awaiting trial till date and we have being going to court since then.

i made a thread seeking for justice then:
https://www.nairaland.com/2992009/dad-wrongly-detained-please-need
https://www.nairaland.com/2068691/please-need-human-rights-lawyers
https://www.nairaland.com/2998894/social-media-hash-tag-dad
please check the date to confirm that what am saying is true.

on Easter Monday we got a news that there was a prison break in owerri and for 24hours we couldnt locate him until he called and tell us his where about. we reach out to his location in owerri and he explain to us how it happens and how everyone was force to run for their life. After the meeting we advise him to go back since his final judgement will be on 20th on this month April, and with the look of things and the witnesses we have we believe he will be free by God grace.

He told us he is already planning to go back because a man of 60+ don't need to be running up and down when he knows he is innocent and the court will believe he is guilty if he fails to show up at the court. we gave him some money and new cloths and he went back the next day being thurday 8th April.

He spoke with us after getting back to the prison and told us how the controller general met him and asked why he choose to return and he told him that his family said he should go back since the final judgement is on 20th of April and besides he is getting old and at his age he cant be running for the law when he knows he is innocent. According to him, the controller general took his photograph and details and promise to look into their matters.

only for me to see his photo again for escapees and this is really bad and heart broken that a country like this will be ill inform and out dated about the details of the prisoner in there custody.

Please nairalanders i don't know anyone to meet or call but i believe i can use this medium to pass my message across to the Nigeria police and also the owerri custodial center, Imo State to plwase remove my fathers photograph among the escapees of owerri custodial centre, Imo State .

My dad Ekenma Richard- former Head of Ngor Okpala Imo state security network with 2 other local government he controls is not a fugitive and i will like the Nigeria Police and also the owerri custodial center, Imo State to please remove his name so as not to mislead the public or make my mother who has being sad for 7 years to start thinking again

Please mod help thanks
below is my dad photo among the escapees

205 Likes 33 Shares

Re: My Dad Is Not Among The Escapees Of Owerri Custodial Centre - Man Cries Out by Cpossibility(m): 6:09pm On Apr 13, 2021
shocked

1 Like

Re: My Dad Is Not Among The Escapees Of Owerri Custodial Centre - Man Cries Out by ItsGoodToBeGood: 6:09pm On Apr 13, 2021
Hope they are not planning to carry out their dirty work.

Police is not your friend

235 Likes 12 Shares

Re: My Dad Is Not Among The Escapees Of Owerri Custodial Centre - Man Cries Out by ebenhazard(m): 6:14pm On Apr 13, 2021
God will prevail and will not put him to shame..

to be honest Nigeria is not a country... detaining someone for doing nothing

not even urgent trial and kept the person in prison ..

where are herdsmen
Buhari himself and his cabals will never know peace except they do what is right in this nation

230 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Dad Is Not Among The Escapees Of Owerri Custodial Centre - Man Cries Out by triple996(m): 6:14pm On Apr 13, 2021
give thanks to kanu for his Wonderful legacygrin

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Dad Is Not Among The Escapees Of Owerri Custodial Centre - Man Cries Out by WoundedLamb: 6:18pm On Apr 13, 2021
I understand how this can be very embarrassing/humiliating for the family. First, he was accused of murder. As if that wasn't enough, his picture is being shared all over the internet as an escapee. This is either a communication gap or the list was released before he returned. Whichever way, the pics are already online. Even if an updated one is shared now, this one will still go around for a while before it all fades away like any other news. Acknowledging and being at peace with this fact would be your first step towards peace of mind. Let his innocence and the fact that he'll soon be released be your source of strength. Fixate the light at the end of the tunnel.

Wishing you a lighter heart!

402 Likes 17 Shares

Re: My Dad Is Not Among The Escapees Of Owerri Custodial Centre - Man Cries Out by Drversatile: 6:21pm On Apr 13, 2021
Hope you guys took pictures with him when you met him?
Try and get across to him in the correctional centre. Once contact is established, you can go there with a lawyer so that it can be corrected. There was a promise to release those who returned back willingly.

All the best and do keep us updated. Shalom

122 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Dad Is Not Among The Escapees Of Owerri Custodial Centre - Man Cries Out by Nobody: 6:21pm On Apr 13, 2021
It was posted to newsmedia immediately after the jaibreak.

To be sincere, there is nothing you can do.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dad Is Not Among The Escapees Of Owerri Custodial Centre - Man Cries Out by Nobody: 6:24pm On Apr 13, 2021
As long as he is inside the prison , believed me you ! They will correct the Error

Your lawyers will fight that with solid evidence ! cool

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Dad Is Not Among The Escapees Of Owerri Custodial Centre - Man Cries Out by Tarzan360(m): 6:27pm On Apr 13, 2021
Miracle's are forever!!! Only GOD can save him because the government people are all confusing them selves everyday

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Dad Is Not Among The Escapees Of Owerri Custodial Centre - Man Cries Out by EkenmaPeter(m): 6:30pm On Apr 13, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
It was posted to newsmedia immediately after the jaibreak.

To be sincere, there is nothing you can do.
No it's was not... I keep following the list since last week while the new list that was posted today was a fresh list.

Why can't they verify before bringing out new list.

25 Likes

Re: My Dad Is Not Among The Escapees Of Owerri Custodial Centre - Man Cries Out by Nobody: 6:32pm On Apr 13, 2021
EkenmaPeter:

No it's was not... I keep following the list since last week which the new lost that was posted today was a fresh list.

Why can't they verify before bringing out new list.

To be sincere, there is nothing they can do....they can't retract because of bureaucracy

Just hope they published list of returnees.

Anyway, i know you are scared that it might affect his case in court but i believe the judge will be considerate.

14 Likes

Re: My Dad Is Not Among The Escapees Of Owerri Custodial Centre - Man Cries Out by CodeTemplar: 6:33pm On Apr 13, 2021
Incompetence and civil service reminds me of how rice, beans and dodo(fried ripe plantain) blends.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Dad Is Not Among The Escapees Of Owerri Custodial Centre - Man Cries Out by EkenmaPeter(m): 6:33pm On Apr 13, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

To be sincere, there is nothing they can do....they can't retract because of bureaucracy

Just hope they published list of returnees.

Anyway, i know you are scared that it might affect his case in court but i believe the judge will be considerate.
I pray so

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dad Is Not Among The Escapees Of Owerri Custodial Centre - Man Cries Out by Nobody: 6:37pm On Apr 13, 2021
EkenmaPeter:

I pray so

Be positive

1 Like

Re: My Dad Is Not Among The Escapees Of Owerri Custodial Centre - Man Cries Out by Nobody: 6:39pm On Apr 13, 2021
Nigeria is so Ffucked on all levels.

Even the guy i quoted on the first thread, Ekene ndubisi, I found out that day that he has left prison since 2019 and yet his picture was displayed amongst escaped prisoners.

From embezzlement to lack of conscience, the leaders we elected into power plunged this country onto a state of no repair.

Imagine, awaiting trial since 2015 for something he didn't do. OP, may god be with you and your family during this trying times.

This is just so wrong mehn, make i go process my ghana residency permit jare. I'm tired of this shit hole, this zoo.

58 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Dad Is Not Among The Escapees Of Owerri Custodial Centre - Man Cries Out by dignity33: 6:45pm On Apr 13, 2021
Don't be surprise that those pictures you see Nigeria police displaying are the one they took just recently from those who return. They probably don't have the pictures of those who escape.

219 Likes 12 Shares

Re: My Dad Is Not Among The Escapees Of Owerri Custodial Centre - Man Cries Out by Nigeriabiafra82: 6:51pm On Apr 13, 2021
We know at least 70% of inmates are on awaiting trial for what they didn’t comkit

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dad Is Not Among The Escapees Of Owerri Custodial Centre - Man Cries Out by cornelin(m): 7:09pm On Apr 13, 2021
Occasionally visit your dad do as to he sure of his safety

11 Likes

Re: My Dad Is Not Among The Escapees Of Owerri Custodial Centre - Man Cries Out by EkenmaPeter(m): 8:01pm On Apr 13, 2021
cornelin:
Occasionally visit your dad do as to he sure of his safety
I spoke with him through the mobile phone on last Saturday. Was surprised to see this news.
Re: My Dad Is Not Among The Escapees Of Owerri Custodial Centre - Man Cries Out by Nobody: 8:23pm On Apr 13, 2021
They might even include obituary pictures.

Shey dead people get appointments in Nigeria ?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dad Is Not Among The Escapees Of Owerri Custodial Centre - Man Cries Out by pocohantas(f): 8:30pm On Apr 13, 2021
So sorry about what your family has to go through. Who would have known a Nlder’s family member was among. Maybe some Nlders are even commenting from the prison.

The world is a really small place.

As for the picture, I think they just released all the pictures in their database without doing a headcount. Since he is back there, they’ll fix it. Speak to your lawyer too.

Funkeshuga:

your brain check-up is due with this your imbecilic post. you think Nigeria is like foreign country that give prisoners that freedom. check well Nigeria is not the kind of prison you've once visited

You are quite rude for an ignorant person.

For your information, it is more obtainable in Nigeria than abroad, because it is an aberration, not the standard. Many Nigerian prisoners have phones, they even do Facebook.

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Dad Is Not Among The Escapees Of Owerri Custodial Centre - Man Cries Out by forplea: 8:45pm On Apr 13, 2021
Nb
Re: My Dad Is Not Among The Escapees Of Owerri Custodial Centre - Man Cries Out by slimanyd: 8:46pm On Apr 13, 2021
Lol. Thank your stars you voiced out early enough. No be same country we see Robert Mugabe for our Nigeria voters list . lol. Nigeria is scam

10 Likes

Re: My Dad Is Not Among The Escapees Of Owerri Custodial Centre - Man Cries Out by janedonez(m): 8:46pm On Apr 13, 2021
Opor
Re: My Dad Is Not Among The Escapees Of Owerri Custodial Centre - Man Cries Out by Nobody: 8:46pm On Apr 13, 2021
This is too bad considering the fact that the list is a recent one. They ought to have looked into it properly,,, but na Naija we dey.

My prayers are with your family.

6 Likes

Re: My Dad Is Not Among The Escapees Of Owerri Custodial Centre - Man Cries Out by saferoom: 8:46pm On Apr 13, 2021
Lol
Re: My Dad Is Not Among The Escapees Of Owerri Custodial Centre - Man Cries Out by BREYZ: 8:47pm On Apr 13, 2021
EkenmaPeter:
Hello my beloved nairalanders i was in my work place around 5:14pm today when i decide to check nairaland for news update when i saw a new list of escapees of owerri custodial center, Imo State.

https://www.nairaland.com/6504699/owerri-jailbreak-names-photos-escaped

I decide to open the link only to see my dad photo among the escapees of owerri custodial center owerri, imo state.

My dad was wrongly accused and he was charge for murder while he works for the former imo state government security network (Ohakim and Rochas) until 2014 when he was accuse of murder while on duty that day, first he was detain for 7 months in zone 9 umuahia until we file for illegal detention at the high court before the officer in-charge had to transfer the case to court and he was remained at owerri prison in 2015 and he has being on awaiting trial till date and we have being going to court since then.

i made a thread seeking for justice then:
https://www.nairaland.com/2992009/dad-wrongly-detained-please-need
https://www.nairaland.com/2068691/please-need-human-rights-lawyers
https://www.nairaland.com/2998894/social-media-hash-tag-dad
please check the date to confirm that what am saying is true.

on Easter Monday we got a news that there was a prison break in owerri and for 24hours we couldnt locate him until he called and tell us his where about. we reach out to his location in owerri and he explain to us how it happens and how everyone was force to run for their life. After the meeting we advise him to go back since his final judgement will be on 20th on this month April, and with the look of things and the witnesses we have we believe he will be free by God grace.

He told us he is already planning to go back because a man of 60+ don't need to be running up and down when he knows he is innocent and the court will believe he is guilty if he fails to show up at the court. we gave him some money and new cloths and he went back the next day being thurday 8th April.

He spoke with us after getting back to the prison and told us how the controller general met him and asked why he choose to return and he told him that his family said he should go back since the final judgement is on 20th of April and besides he is getting old and at his age he cant be running for the law when he knows he is innocent. According to him, the controller general took his photograph and details and promise to look into their matters.

only for me to see his photo again for escapees and this is really bad and heart broken that a country like this will be ill inform and out dated about the details of the prisoner in there custody.

Please nairalanders i don't know anyone to meet or call but i believe i can use this medium to pass my message across to the Nigeria police and also the owerri custodial center, Imo State to plwase remove my fathers photograph among the escapees of owerri custodial centre, Imo State .

My dad Ekenma Richard- former Head of Ngor Okpala Imo state security network with 2 other local government he controls is not a fugitive and i will like the Nigeria Police and also the owerri custodial center, Imo State to please remove his name so as not to mislead the public or make my mother who has being sad for 7 years to start thinking again

Please mod help thanks
below is my dad photo among the escapees

Everything about this country is always like this. I knew this would occur. It's just so shameful.

2 Likes

Re: My Dad Is Not Among The Escapees Of Owerri Custodial Centre - Man Cries Out by moscobabs(m): 8:47pm On Apr 13, 2021
I have posted it on twitter and some authorities include media houses have been copied.

Let's pray to have positive result.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Dad Is Not Among The Escapees Of Owerri Custodial Centre - Man Cries Out by bewla(m): 8:47pm On Apr 13, 2021
No be here

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Chinese Man Refuses To Be Checked In A Market In Abuja, Attacked By Mob / How Ogun Prophets Killed Woman, Buried Her Body In A Church Altar. Graphic / Chukwudi Dumeme Onwuamadike Aka Evans: How I Evaded Police Manhunt For Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.