Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,114 members, 7,814,913 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

My Dad Is Very Stingy - Mapoly Undergraduate Who Stole Dad's Severance Pay - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Dad Is Very Stingy - Mapoly Undergraduate Who Stole Dad's Severance Pay (26358 Views)

MAPOLY Female Student Found Dead After She Was Abducted By Gunmen (photos) / My Dad Is Not Among The Escapees Of Owerri Custodial Centre - Man Cries Out / Mapoly Student Wakes Up Screaming “My Money’s Inside The Well,” Plunges Inside (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Dad Is Very Stingy - Mapoly Undergraduate Who Stole Dad's Severance Pay by unclesoyo: 10:34am On Aug 22, 2018
Ade Giwa, the father of an Ordinary National Diploma student at the Moshood Abiola Polytechnic, Richard Giwa, has accused his son of stealing the severance pay given to him by the last firm he worked for.

The father said Richard allegedly transferred the money into his bank account.

Punch Metro reports that the 22-year-old transferred the sum of N135,000 from the account through his father’s phone.

The father said he was charging his phone in the sitting room when Richard sneaked in and took it.

He said,

“Richard has done this criminal act before. He looks so gentle that when you see him, you will think he cannot commit such an act.

“The company I was working for was shut down in April 2017. We thought we would be called back, only for me to get a retirement letter in December 2017.

“In March, my boss sent N140,000 to me as part payment of my severance pay. Richard came home, saw the alert, gradually transferred N135,000 from the account and fled the house.

“I was shocked when I saw the balance in my account. So, I went to my bank and it was there that I was asked who Richard Giwa was and I said he is my son. My account statement was printed for me and I saw the transfer. I went to his mother’s house in Amikanle, but I was told that he was nowhere to be found.”

The 65-year-old, who noted that he regularly gave Richard money for upkeep, said he did not know the reason why he would steal from him.

He said the mother claimed not to know anything about the theft, adding that Richard threatened to deal with him if he did not leave his mother out of the matter.

Ade said when he reported the matter at the Alagolo Police Division, the police refused to arrest the mother, saying it was against the law to arrest a non-offender.

He lamented that he had nothing left and had been borrowing money from people to survive.

When Richard was contacted, he admitted to transferring the money, saying he used it to complete his school project.

The 22-year-old, however, claimed that he and his mother were neglected by his father.

He said,

“At first, I thought my father did not have money to take care of us. But later, I discovered that he just did not want to take care of us. He is always saying that I am not his son.

“My father is not computer literate; his phone is always with me. I realise that whenever he goes out, I will receive a debit alert on his phone. I told my mum that my dad had been withdrawing money; he just did not want to give us, but my mum said I should leave him alone.

“There was a day he went out and a debit alert message popped up on his phone and a friend said he saw him eating in a restaurant. He is not concerned about our wellbeing.

“Someone called me from school that I had to pay all the fees I owed and I asked my father for money. He said he did not have; it was my final year in school. I asked my mum, she had nothing to offer.

“Since I don’t want to have an extra year, I transferred N100,000 to pay for my school project and other fees. If I actually want to take his money, I will transfer everything and he will not see me again.”

Richard said his father did not notice that he transferred the money till after three months when he went to check his account balance in the bank.

He added that when his father confronted him about the money, he admitted to transferring it, adding that he told his father that he would pay back the money whenever he got a job.

The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, CSP Chike Oti, said the matter was reported to the police.

He said, “It is true that the matter was reported at the Alagolo Police Station; it is under investigation.”

https://lailasnews.com/dad-is-very-stingy-mapoly-undergraduate-who-stole-dads-severance-pay/

1 Share

Re: My Dad Is Very Stingy - Mapoly Undergraduate Who Stole Dad's Severance Pay by donbachi(m): 11:00am On Aug 22, 2018
And i will take a stingy person for a thief.

7 Likes

Re: My Dad Is Very Stingy - Mapoly Undergraduate Who Stole Dad's Severance Pay by KendrickAyomide: 11:17am On Aug 22, 2018
it's allowed my brother.. Arrange a kidnap for yourself and request for 1Million Naira Ransom

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dad Is Very Stingy - Mapoly Undergraduate Who Stole Dad's Severance Pay by Kira290(m): 1:22pm On Aug 22, 2018
B
Re: My Dad Is Very Stingy - Mapoly Undergraduate Who Stole Dad's Severance Pay by Nobody: 1:22pm On Aug 22, 2018
angry
Re: My Dad Is Very Stingy - Mapoly Undergraduate Who Stole Dad's Severance Pay by amamahdaniel(m): 1:22pm On Aug 22, 2018
KendrickAyomide:
it's allowed my brother..
Arrange a kidnap for yourself and request for 1Million Naira Ransom
Your brain is paining you Sir.

40 Likes

Re: My Dad Is Very Stingy - Mapoly Undergraduate Who Stole Dad's Severance Pay by Obierika(m): 1:22pm On Aug 22, 2018
Ómó alé

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dad Is Very Stingy - Mapoly Undergraduate Who Stole Dad's Severance Pay by iamJ(m): 1:22pm On Aug 22, 2018
Fire down, nothing does you, I used to steal my parents money too, send me on errands and I will increase the price to make small profit, no be bad thing

My children self are allowed to steal from me, just use sense like I did

We cute like that grin

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Dad Is Very Stingy - Mapoly Undergraduate Who Stole Dad's Severance Pay by Kira290(m): 1:23pm On Aug 22, 2018
leave the poor man alone....go and work for your own money..
Guys younger than you are taking care of their mom and dad...
You dey there they claim inheritance..
Naija matter tire me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Add me on Skype...
Kira 290

Thanks cool

11 Likes

Re: My Dad Is Very Stingy - Mapoly Undergraduate Who Stole Dad's Severance Pay by SEONaijaExpert: 1:23pm On Aug 22, 2018
Design a blog or website with full SEO ranking
081 5134 9272

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Dad Is Very Stingy - Mapoly Undergraduate Who Stole Dad's Severance Pay by iamTP: 1:24pm On Aug 22, 2018
KendrickAyomide:

Buh if he tells them to keep you, my brother my brother let me tell you the Lord is your only strength left

1 Like

Re: My Dad Is Very Stingy - Mapoly Undergraduate Who Stole Dad's Severance Pay by Yewandequeen(f): 1:24pm On Aug 22, 2018
Not a valid excuse.

Na so grand theft dey start.

4 Likes

Re: My Dad Is Very Stingy - Mapoly Undergraduate Who Stole Dad's Severance Pay by pointstores(m): 1:25pm On Aug 22, 2018
Good for him
Re: My Dad Is Very Stingy - Mapoly Undergraduate Who Stole Dad's Severance Pay by Sisijetue(f): 1:25pm On Aug 22, 2018
What you sow you shall reap.
Shikena

1 Like

Re: My Dad Is Very Stingy - Mapoly Undergraduate Who Stole Dad's Severance Pay by Krafty006: 1:25pm On Aug 22, 2018
Re: My Dad Is Very Stingy - Mapoly Undergraduate Who Stole Dad's Severance Pay by theoldpretender(m): 1:26pm On Aug 22, 2018
1. The son is a thief.

2.IN my opinion, the problem goes way beyond the stealing of money.

That is why when someone gets married....be careful, and work on the marriage even after 10 years together....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Dad Is Very Stingy - Mapoly Undergraduate Who Stole Dad's Severance Pay by lordm(m): 1:26pm On Aug 22, 2018
The people who scrolling down this comment without reacting will be having next 7yrs of bad luck grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: My Dad Is Very Stingy - Mapoly Undergraduate Who Stole Dad's Severance Pay by AutoC: 1:26pm On Aug 22, 2018
iamJ:
Fire down, nothing does you, I used to steal my parents money too, send me on errands and I will increase the price to make small profit, no be bad thing

My children self are allowed to steal for me, just use sense like I did

You see why Nigeria may never be better ? We celebrate wrong thibgs

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dad Is Very Stingy - Mapoly Undergraduate Who Stole Dad's Severance Pay by Pavore9: 1:28pm On Aug 22, 2018
If the police finds out it was spent on school, they will tell Baba to calm down and go home to resolve it as a family.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dad Is Very Stingy - Mapoly Undergraduate Who Stole Dad's Severance Pay by KingLennon(m): 1:28pm On Aug 22, 2018
KendrickAyomide:
As the father stingy so, u sure say he go pay dat kind money? grin
Re: My Dad Is Very Stingy - Mapoly Undergraduate Who Stole Dad's Severance Pay by thugmansion(m): 1:28pm On Aug 22, 2018
KendrickAyomide:

The father still wouldn't give a f**k.
Re: My Dad Is Very Stingy - Mapoly Undergraduate Who Stole Dad's Severance Pay by Nobody: 1:28pm On Aug 22, 2018
tongue
Is that Richard the son!
Gentleman.
Re: My Dad Is Very Stingy - Mapoly Undergraduate Who Stole Dad's Severance Pay by wilsonm(m): 1:29pm On Aug 22, 2018
grin grin
Re: My Dad Is Very Stingy - Mapoly Undergraduate Who Stole Dad's Severance Pay by Muyiwaipere(m): 1:29pm On Aug 22, 2018
Uhmmm....weldone omo Dada........just that karma is a bitch....your son is going to do that for you too
Re: My Dad Is Very Stingy - Mapoly Undergraduate Who Stole Dad's Severance Pay by solution1page1: 1:29pm On Aug 22, 2018
Yeah
Re: My Dad Is Very Stingy - Mapoly Undergraduate Who Stole Dad's Severance Pay by HajimeSaito(m): 1:29pm On Aug 22, 2018
Your dad is very stingy and so you're looking for generosity? Issokay. I hope the judge who sentences you will be very generous with the amount of jail time he imposes on you.

[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: My Dad Is Very Stingy - Mapoly Undergraduate Who Stole Dad's Severance Pay by kingEmeritus(m): 1:30pm On Aug 22, 2018
Do me I do you. End time father and son. Father neglected his duties, son stole from the father. It is well.
Re: My Dad Is Very Stingy - Mapoly Undergraduate Who Stole Dad's Severance Pay by kindnyce(m): 1:31pm On Aug 22, 2018
If the story is true, then Bigbup
Re: My Dad Is Very Stingy - Mapoly Undergraduate Who Stole Dad's Severance Pay by strangest(m): 1:32pm On Aug 22, 2018
Please lets see if the boy is guilty or not..

if you have stolen from your dad while in school... either via hiking handout price or from his suites(clothes) on the hanger... click like.... otherwise click share

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Soldiers Order Man To Swim In Dirty Gutter (Video) / Ogun Bricklayer Accused Of Robbery, Tortured To Death (photo) / Police Begin Manhunt For DSP, Orderly Killers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.