Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,932 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

Iphone (ios4) Custom Fw - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Iphone (ios4) Custom Fw (1682 Views)

Iphone 3gs On 4.1 Fw Drains Battery Like Mad. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iphone (ios4) Custom Fw by Ralvy(m): 10:09pm On Jun 25, 2010
I'm about to finish building my first custom firmware based on iOS4, it's packed with several applications and ofcourse, baseband update has been disabled, so you can start enjoying iOS4 on that iPhone 3GS wink If you're within Abuja, and in need of this. Just contact me wink It's really large so I might not publish it online due to the internet connection here sad

Re: Iphone (ios4) Custom Fw by DoubleN(m): 10:51pm On Jun 25, 2010
Nice one there.Pity that the pwnage tool only works on Macs. I have an iphone 3GS running 3.1.3 and baseband 05.12.01. Is there anyway i can use you firmware to unlock the phone,since it has not been previously activated? I have been waiting for ages for the Dev Team to bring out an unlock for non-activated phones.
Re: Iphone (ios4) Custom Fw by Ralvy(m): 11:08pm On Jun 25, 2010
Double N:

Nice one there.Pity that the pwnage tool only works on Macs. I have an iphone 3GS running 3.1.3 and baseband 05.12.01. Is there anyway i can use you firmware to unlock the phone,since it has not been previously activated? I have been waiting for ages for the Dev Team to bring out an unlock for non-activated phones.

Yup! This will update the FW to 4.0 without affecting the baseband, and I have this set to activate the iPhone as well!
I just finished compiling 2 versions; File sizes are:

iPhone2,1_4.0_8A293_Restore.ipsw                        -     Official iOS4 Release from Apple              -     377.9MB
iPhone2,1_4.0_8A293_Custom_Restore.ipsw           -     My Custom created based on the above      -     391.5MB
iPhone2,1_4.0_8A293_Custom_Restore_with_Apps -     My Custom created based on official           -     435.9MB

I'd create a .torrent and start to seed this tomorrow, will publish at demonoid.

-[n3rve]
Re: Iphone (ios4) Custom Fw by DoubleN(m): 8:14am On Jun 26, 2010
Ralvy:

Yup! This will update the FW to 4.0 without affecting the baseband, and I have this set to activate the iPhone as well!
I just finished compiling 2 versions; File sizes are:

iPhone2,1_4.0_8A293_Restore.ipsw                        -     Official iOS4 Release from Apple              -     377.9MB
iPhone2,1_4.0_8A293_Custom_Restore.ipsw           -     My Custom created based on the above      -     391.5MB
iPhone2,1_4.0_8A293_Custom_Restore_with_Apps -     My Custom created based on official           -     435.9MB

I'd create a .torrent and start to seed this tomorrow, will publish at demonoid.

-[n3rve]

So are you saying that with this your cooked firmware,i will be able to jailbreak and activate the phone?? BTW i cant get on demonoid cos its by invite,i wouldn't mind one though! cheesy
Re: Iphone (ios4) Custom Fw by n3rve(m): 12:38pm On Jun 27, 2010
Double N:

So are you saying that with this your cooked firmware,i will be able to jailbreak and activate the phone?? BTW i cant get on demonoid cos its by invite,i wouldn't mind one though! cheesy

I can give you a key but if I post it here, it will definitely be used before you get to it. How do I get one across to you? IM?

-[n3rve]
Re: Iphone (ios4) Custom Fw by lynxnoon(m): 2:14pm On Jun 27, 2010
aha. . . .
Ralvy. . . Mr. Spambot caught u?
Re: Iphone (ios4) Custom Fw by n3rve(m): 2:16pm On Jun 27, 2010
No, the spambot didn't catch me. I just dropped the other account.

-[n3rve]
Re: Iphone (ios4) Custom Fw by lynxnoon(m): 8:54pm On Jun 27, 2010
[n3rve]:

No, the spambot didn't catch me. I just dropped the other account.

-[n3rve]
hmmmmmmm
Re: Iphone (ios4) Custom Fw by n3rve(m): 8:58pm On Jun 27, 2010
Link in Sig. wink
Re: Iphone (ios4) Custom Fw by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:50pm On Jun 28, 2010
@ N3rve, silly question time, how come ur screenie resolution is kinda clear?
when i do screenies, i tend to either make the res small to fit 200kb or have to use an editor to reduce it, ur pwnage shot looks really clear
Re: Iphone (ios4) Custom Fw by n3rve(m): 1:02pm On Jun 28, 2010
Lol! I just take the screenshot using the standard keys and it's stored on the desktop. I upload the image to tinypic.com and use the [nobbc][img][/nobbc] tags to display them, sometimes I use width and height attributes within the image tags.
Re: Iphone (ios4) Custom Fw by holadipo(m): 1:23pm On Jun 28, 2010
somebody pls hlep me configure my iphone for mms, i use zain!
Re: Iphone (ios4) Custom Fw by DoubleN(m): 3:48pm On Jun 28, 2010
[n3rve]:

I can give you a key but if I post it here, it will definitely be used before you get to it. How do I get one across to you? IM?

-[n3rve]
IM or mail is ok by me. grin scitoa@yahoo.com. Thanks a bunch.

Cant wait to activate this 3GS,so much money just sitting idle. sad
Re: Iphone (ios4) Custom Fw by n3rve(m): 3:47pm On Dec 29, 2010
Double N, how's your 3GS now?
Re: Iphone (ios4) Custom Fw by DoubleN(m): 5:12pm On Dec 29, 2010
[n3rve]:

Double N, how's your 3GS now?
I ditched the stuff when i couldn't find a way to jailbreak it. embarassed

(1) (Reply)

Download ANDROID Application To Your PC / Help!!!! Games Crash On Tecno P5 / What Is The Use Of Wifi. Thanks.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.