Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,921 members, 7,863,242 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 01:41 PM

"How Do You Know There Is No Reincarnation?" - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "How Do You Know There Is No Reincarnation?" (1577 Views)

Even Atheist Know There Is God They Are Just Angry With Him / Do You Know There Is No Single Evidence For Creation? / Reincarnation Proof: How To Remember Your Past Life The Easiest Way (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "How Do You Know There Is No Reincarnation?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:59pm On Aug 23, 2018
chiommy123:

yes na

Why you con de send me one chance bike, why not private jet? undecided
Re: "How Do You Know There Is No Reincarnation?" by Gggg102(m): 3:04pm On Aug 23, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

Do you remember what you were in your past life? undecided

Do you know what life after death looks like? undecided

1 Like

Re: "How Do You Know There Is No Reincarnation?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:15pm On Aug 23, 2018
Gggg102:

Do you know what life after death looks like? undecided

It's called an afterlife. Do you have one? undecided
Re: "How Do You Know There Is No Reincarnation?" by Gggg102(m): 3:18pm On Aug 23, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

It's called an afterlife. Do you have one? undecided
it's called reincarnation, will you come back as a man or a lower life form?
Re: "How Do You Know There Is No Reincarnation?" by Blakjewelry(m): 3:20pm On Aug 23, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

We are created beings only God is eternal. When God created Adam He breathed into him and he became a living soul. The moment we are conceived is the time we become living souls not before.
this doesn't explain a spirit with sense which can be made to account for his or her action, if I remembered correctly the book of ecclesiastics says when man dies the breath goes back to god who gave it. in other word it is more like a life force rather than a personified being capable of separate function
Re: "How Do You Know There Is No Reincarnation?" by AmunaNo1: 3:22pm On Aug 23, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

See 10 reasons why I believe reincarnation cannot be substantiated.

1. It is contradicted by Scripture (Heb 9:27).

2. It is contradicted by orthodox tradition in all churches.

3. It would reduce the Incarnation (referring to Christ's incarnation) to a mere appearance, the crucifixion to an accident, and Christ to one among many philosophers or avatars. It would also confuse what Christ did with what creatures do: incarnation with reincarnation.

4. It implies that God made a mistake in designing our souls to live in bodies, that we are really pure spirits in prison or angels in costume.

5. It is contradicted by psychology and common sense, for its view of souls as imprisoned in alien bodies denies the natural psychosomatic unity.

6. It entails a very low view of the body, as a prison, a punishment.

7. It usually blames sin on the body and the body's power to confuse and darken the mind. This is passing the buck from soul to body, as well as from will to mind, and a confusion of sin with ignorance.

8. The idea that we are reincarnated in order to learn lessons we failed to learn in a past earthly life is contrary to both common sense and basic educational psychology. I cannot learn something if there is no continuity of memory. I can learn from my mistakes only if I remember them. People do not usually remember these past "reincarnations."

9. The supposed evidence for reincarnation, rememberings from past lives that come out under hypnosis or "past life regression" can be explained—if they truly occur at all—as mental telepathy from other living beings, from the souls of dead humans in purgatory or hell, or from demons. The real possibility of the latter should make us extremely skittish about opening our souls to "past life regressions."

10. Reincarnation cannot account for itself. Why are our souls imprisoned in bodies? Is it the just punishment for evils we committed in past reincarnations? But why were those past reincarnations necessary? For the same reason. But the beginning of the process that justly imprisoned our souls in bodies in the first place—this must have antedated the series of bodies. How could we have committed evil in the state of perfect, pure, heavenly spirituality? Further, if we sinned in that paradise, it is not paradisical after all. Yet that is the state that reincarnation is supposed to lead us back to after all our embodied yearnings are over.

https://bible.org/question/what-does-bible-say-about-reincarnation
It is perfectly fine to hold these beliefs and of course you are entitled to your opinion however for the sake of truth and reason and for the benefit of all others on this platform i must relay the following:

1. Define Scripture. What you believe to be infallible, unquestionable, the very word of God may be just another piece of paper with lousy scribbles to another.

2. Define Orthodox tradition. What is a Church. In reality there is no such thing as orthodox tradition in today's modern churches. from my own personal experiences doctrines change over time according to the will of the overseeing prophet, bishop or pastors. The Churches of today are very different from the churches of 50 years ago and will be unrecognizable to early Christians.

3. The Christ Saga from my understanding is very different from reincarnation. Perhaps its time you brush up on your scripture.

4.I dont see how reincarnation or how being pure spirit or angels in costume as you have said can logically lead to the conclusion that God made a mistake in creating our bodies.

5.Your understanding of reincarnation is extremely limited. Although some mystery religion teach that we are somewhat trapped in our physical bodies, other treat reincarnation as a wholesome, positive and natural process of evolution from imperfection and cloudiness to perfection and clarity.

6.See above.

7.It is obvious you know very little about reincarnation. u completely missed the ball on this one. With reincarnation the consequences of your actions are visited on the immaterial not the body.

8. The only valid point you have made so far.

9.Mental telepathy, demons, souls of the dead all seem far more fantastic than reincarnation to me.

10.Neither can any doctrine propounded in the history of mankind.

1 Like

Re: "How Do You Know There Is No Reincarnation?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:33pm On Aug 23, 2018
Gggg102:

it's called reincarnation, will you come back as a man or a lower life form?

I should be the one asking you that question since you believe in it. cool
Re: "How Do You Know There Is No Reincarnation?" by chiommy123(f): 3:37pm On Aug 23, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

Why you con de send me once chance bike, why not private jet? undecided
no landing space na. But bike will be more faster. Abeg hurry we wan close oh
Re: "How Do You Know There Is No Reincarnation?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:37pm On Aug 23, 2018
Blakjewelry:

this doesn't explain a spirit with sense which can be made to account for his or her action, if I remembered correctly the book of ecclesiastics says when man dies the breath goes back to god who gave it. in other word it is more like a life force rather than a personified being capable of separate function

That means God gave us that spirit at conception and when it is separated from the body at death it goes back to God who gave it. If you are born twice you will only die once but if you are born once you will die twice.
Re: "How Do You Know There Is No Reincarnation?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:40pm On Aug 23, 2018
chiommy123:

no landing space na. But bike will be more faster. Abeg hurry we wan close oh

One chance bike no fit reach where I dey here na only private jet. I fit use parachute land for market sha.

Re: "How Do You Know There Is No Reincarnation?" by Gggg102(m): 3:42pm On Aug 23, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

I should be the one asking you that question since you believe in it. cool

I should be the one asking you that question you asked since you believe in it. cool
Re: "How Do You Know There Is No Reincarnation?" by chiommy123(f): 3:43pm On Aug 23, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

One chance bike no fit reach where I dey here na only private jet. I fit use parachute land for market sha.
you wan scare my market people fa. Our chairman must hear this
Re: "How Do You Know There Is No Reincarnation?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:57pm On Aug 23, 2018
AmunaNo1:

It is perfectly fine to hold these beliefs and of course you are entitled to your opinion however for the sake of truth and reason and for the benefit of all others on this platform i must relay the following:

1. Define Scripture. What you believe to be infallible, unquestionable, the very word of God may be just another piece of paper with lousy scribbles to another.

The Scripture is God's breathed words to man. It is God's revelation to man.

AmunaNo1:

2. Define Orthodox tradition. What is a Church. In reality there is no such thing as orthodox tradition in today's modern churches. from my own personal experiences doctrines change over time according to the will of the overseeing prophet, bishop or pastors. The Churches of today are very different from the churches of 50 years ago and will be unrecognizable to early Christians.

Ask Google for its definition.

AmunaNo1:

3. The Christ Saga from my understanding is very different from reincarnation. Perhaps its time you brush up on your scripture.

See incarnation as depicted below.

AmunaNo1:

4.I dont see how reincarnation or how being pure spirit or angels in costume as you have said can logically lead to the conclusion that God made a mistake in creating our bodies.

God doesn't make mistakes. He got it right the first time.

AmunaNo1:

5.Your understanding of reincarnation is extremely limited. Although some mystery religion teach that we are somewhat trapped in our physical bodies, other treat reincarnation as a wholesome, positive and natural process of evolution from imperfection and cloudiness to perfection and clarity.

6.See above.

Read the link suggested.

AmunaNo1:

7.It is obvious you know very little about reincarnation. u completely missed the ball on this one. With reincarnation the consequences of your actions are visited on the immaterial not the body.

What immaterial?

AmunaNo1:

8. The only valid point you have made so far.

Is that why most of them don't seem to remember what they were in their past life?

AmunaNo1:

9.Mental telepathy, demons, souls of the dead all seem far more fantastic than reincarnation to me.

It's more likely to be demonic manifestations.

AmunaNo1:

10.Neither can any doctrine propounded in the history of mankind.

The Bible has all the answers. smiley

Re: "How Do You Know There Is No Reincarnation?" by Blakjewelry(m): 4:15pm On Aug 23, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

That means God gave us that spirit at conception and when it is separated from the body at death it goes back to God who gave it. If you are born twice you will only die once but if you are born once you will die twice.
please explain the last part of your statement
Re: "How Do You Know There Is No Reincarnation?" by Nobody: 4:54pm On Aug 23, 2018
Reincarnation is false! it contradicts the bible gospel of salvation by faith in Christ alone.
reincarnation teaches that people souls always come back to pay for what they had done and thereby work their way into heaven after paying their debt.
the bible tells us that Jesus is the payment for our sins hence no other payment is needed combined with the fact that the wages of sin is death so if someone dies in sin then he has lost his soul.
Re: "How Do You Know There Is No Reincarnation?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:07pm On Aug 23, 2018
Blakjewelry:

please explain the last part of your statement

"Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God" (John 3:3)

If you are born once you cannot see the Kingdom of God. This means that if you die without being born the second time you will then have to die for the second time, which is the Second death in the lake of fire but if you get born for the second time before you physically die then you will only get to die for that one time only as you will then live eternally with God thereafter.

This is how to be born twice: Confess and forsake your sins. Trust in Jesus alone for your eternal salvation. When you do this you will receive the spiritual life through the Holy Spirit Who comes to live within you. (See John 3:3-5; Ephesians 4:18; 1 Peter 1:23).
Re: "How Do You Know There Is No Reincarnation?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:25pm On Aug 23, 2018
chiommy123:

you wan scare my market people fa. Our chairman must hear this

Tell your chairman say I no be winch oh, make dem no come lynch me. You no get helipad wey I go fit take land?
Re: "How Do You Know There Is No Reincarnation?" by chiommy123(f): 5:29pm On Aug 23, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

Tell your chairman say I no be winch oh, make dem no come lynch me. You no get helipad wey I go fit take land?
we get but its for Oga at the top
Re: "How Do You Know There Is No Reincarnation?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:22pm On Aug 23, 2018
chiommy123:

we get but its for Oga at the top

OK tell ya Oga at the top say this Oga at the top wan land. smiley
Re: "How Do You Know There Is No Reincarnation?" by chiommy123(f): 6:27pm On Aug 23, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

OK tell ya Oga at the top say this Oga at the top wan land. smiley
how many oga we come get na
Re: "How Do You Know There Is No Reincarnation?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:33pm On Aug 23, 2018
chiommy123:

how many oga we come get na

Na only Jesus be Baba. Na only representative naim I be.
Re: "How Do You Know There Is No Reincarnation?" by chiommy123(f): 8:19pm On Aug 23, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

Na only Jesus be Baba. Na only representative naim I be.
OK sire
Re: "How Do You Know There Is No Reincarnation?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:51pm On Sep 16, 2018
chiommy123:

OK sire

Let me impress you with whom I work for. I work for a global, intergalactic enterprise and we've got outlets in nearly all countries of the world. We deal in hospitals, hospices, the homeless, orphanage shelters, marriage work and behavioural alteration programmes, feeding programmes, justice reconciliation programmes, in short, we take care of people from birth to death and it's called the Church. cool
Re: "How Do You Know There Is No Reincarnation?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:13pm On Sep 29, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

"How do you know there is no reincarnation?"

www.livingwaters.com

"How do you know there is no reincarnation? God puts the soul into the body, 'I knew you before you were in the womb,' which means the individual's soul already existed. What makes one think that a soul couldn't be put back into another? You don't know it, you can believe one way or another, but you certainly don't know it." Larry Killian

Your exegesis of Jeremiah 1:5 is greatly lacking. This isn't speaking of reincarnation, but of the foreknowledge of God. The one Bible verse that obliterates the craziness of reincarnation is Hebrews 9:27:

"And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment…"

There isn't a storehouse of old souls lining up to be dropped into the millions new bodies that are being created each year. We live and die once. You only get one shot at this life, don't mess it up by dreaming that you will come back in an endless and hopeless downward spiral of reincarnation. It's not going to happen. You have God's Word on it.

[Source] https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 23 August 2014 ·

undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is God Against Tattoos On Our Skin? / Elated177 Come On Zoom And Prove Your God, Don't Be A Coward / Has Online Preaching Or Arguments Helped Anyone To Get Saved?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.