Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,418 members, 7,954,658 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:19 AM

Efcc Discovers World's Costliest Toilets - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Efcc Discovers World's Costliest Toilets (6366 Views)

9 Costliest And Deadliest Wars In Modern History / The Costliest Barcelona Fc Jersey Reportedly Bought By A Nigerian ..pix / India, Nigeria's Biggest Consumer, Discovers Oil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Efcc Discovers World's Costliest Toilets by Kobojunkie: 5:57am On Jun 26, 2010
Barely one month after they were dropped from the reconstituted federal cabinet, former ministers of Agriculture and Water Resources, Alhaji Sayyeed Abba Ruma and his counterpart in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Abuja, Senator Adamu Aliero, may soon have dates with some anti-graft interrogators.
It was learnt at the weekend that investigators from one of the country’s security agencies are searching for the one-room farm toilets ,which Ruma reportedly claimed to have built across the country.
Described as ‘imaginary’, the toilets, according to sources, were said to have been built at the cost of N10million each. What could not be established, however, is the number of such toilets alleged to have been built across the country.
In Abuja and Port Harcourt where building materials and land are said to be most expensive in the country, some estate developers in the two cities still sell three-bedroom bungalows and semi-detached flats for less than N10million.
Civil servants and other interested Nigerians that bought government houses paid less than five million naira even within the city center.
Although government is said to be worried about the unrealistic unit cost of the farm toilet project, it was gathered that the presidency was particularly shocked that the toilets existed only in the imagination of the ex-minister and his aides.
Besides, security agents are also said to be investigating the contract awarded for the construction of silos across the country under the leadership of the former minister.
“We discovered that some of the projects claimed to have been completed and commissioned were not on ground. As I am talking to you now, our men are in the bushes and farms looking for the toilets and silos the former minister allegedly built,” a security source told National LIFE at the weekend.
Already, the Presidency, it was further learnt, has directed the security agencies to verify claims by some of the former ministers that monies running into several billions were spent for public good.
A source said Ruma is being investigated over a N120billion fund. He is not alone in the eye of the storm. Another prominent member of the immediate past cabinet, Senator Adamu Aleiro is also being investigated by one of the security agencies over huge sums of money.
It was gathered that the operation, which was at the instance of the Federal Government, is being handled by a security agency in collaboration with anti-graft bodies.
Senator Aleiro, it was further gathered, may be invited at the end of the on-going investigation, to explain his role in some of the issues.
When contacted, spokesmen of some of the security agencies declined to comment on the matter, stressing that “investigations are on-going”.

http://www.thenationallifeonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2119:efcc-discovers-worlds-costliest-toilets&catid=128:lcover&Itemid=840
Re: Efcc Discovers World's Costliest Toilets by Jakumo(m): 6:05am On Jun 26, 2010
This story reminds me a bit of the one a few years back when the Pentagon was billed a couple of grand a pop for aircraft toilet seats and ashtrays. Supposedly much of that added cost arose from the need for all airborne systems to be accompanied by hefty reams of Mil Spec and Mil Standard documentation, all written and compiled by highly paid engineers and technical writers.
Re: Efcc Discovers World's Costliest Toilets by Nobody: 6:10am On Jun 26, 2010
Described as ‘imaginary’, the toilets, according to sources, were said to have been built at the cost of N10million each. What could not be established, however, is the number of such toilets alleged to have been built across the country.

We obviously dont know what to do with our money if anybody will even ENTERTAIN the thought of financing $10m for a couple of toilets. Were they expected to be made out of gold? "Expected" because now they're claiming that the toilets are imaginary.

Anywaz, am still LMSBO!
“We discovered that some of the projects claimed to have been completed and commissioned were not on ground. As I am talking to you now, our men are in the bushes and farms looking for the toilets and silos the former minister allegedly built,” a security source told National LIFE at the weekend.
Re: Efcc Discovers World's Costliest Toilets by Nobody: 6:18am On Jun 26, 2010
Back in the days, one can just go to one's neighbors yard, squat, do their business, then wait for the neighbor to discover the mess. Now we're bothering ourselves with 10 mil toilets. When we modernize, we modernize all da way! Go Naija lol
Re: Efcc Discovers World's Costliest Toilets by Eddeux(m): 7:07am On Jun 26, 2010
FL Gators:

Back in the days, one can just go to one's neighbors yard, squat, do their business, then wait for the neighbor to discover the mess. Now we're bothering ourselves with 10 mil toilets. When we modernize, we modernize all da way! Go Naija lol
Nigeria still doesn't have a toilet capable of self-cleaning like Bushido Brown's  grin
Re: Efcc Discovers World's Costliest Toilets by chidichris(m): 9:57am On Jun 26, 2010
am bored and irritated with all these useless stories. the simple truth is that pdp is incapacitated but cannot quit.
for how long are we going to continue with these kind of useless stories? how far has this pdp led govt gone in handling these matters? because there is always a partial and selective decissions on these issues hence future rulers continue in this stealing madness.
the truth is that the situation in nigeria looks like there is a competition among these guys over who steals more.
our efcc is powerless as every decission over any case must be come from just one man not considering our constitutional position.
until we have an independent efcc, nothing will work here.
Re: Efcc Discovers World's Costliest Toilets by jamace(m): 10:21am On Jun 26, 2010
With all these nonsense that are going on in Nigeria, I look at them from the religious angle. How can our leaders steal and loot what belongs to all and are still accorded front seats during prayers in the churches and mosques? It means that the churches and mosques are aiding and abbetting corruption. One can therefore safely conclude that our churches and mosques have lost all forms of spirituality and godliness, and are mere political organisations.
Re: Efcc Discovers World's Costliest Toilets by bkbabe97: 11:08am On Jun 26, 2010
Eddeux:

Nigeria still doesn't have a toilet capable of self-cleaning like Bushido Brown's  grin

Dont expect a lot of people on here to get the joke u just made.lol. Have u seen the episodes "Fund Raiser" or "Homies ova hoes"?lol. no? u gotta see it! R.I.P Bushido!
Re: Efcc Discovers World's Costliest Toilets by chiketee(m): 12:10pm On Jun 26, 2010
homies ova hoes. dat episode was hillarious. boondocks rocks
Re: Efcc Discovers World's Costliest Toilets by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jun 26, 2010
and we thought n80,000 torchlights were bad
Re: Efcc Discovers World's Costliest Toilets by SLIGHT(m): 12:56pm On Jun 26, 2010
I wont say am nt surprised, infact i am, cos d accused here r hausa politicians building costly toilets on farms, lol, what d heck! Hausa locals rarely use toilets, they prefer to shit' around town. Those dudes didnt build no toilets in farms, they laundered d freaking money. D juror should add this to their charges - unbelievable Perjury against d state.
Re: Efcc Discovers World's Costliest Toilets by andyprez(m): 1:10pm On Jun 26, 2010
We haven't seen anything yet. Na 9ja we dey. I don talk am before & go talk am again "until we kill all these poliTHIEVEcians from age 50, news like these won't cease". I'm waiting for the next one, Maybe spoons that cost a Million bucks. May God help us.
Re: Efcc Discovers World's Costliest Toilets by andyprez(m): 1:11pm On Jun 26, 2010
We haven't seen anything yet. Na 9ja we dey. I don talk am before & go talk am again "until we kill all these poliTHIEVEcians from age 50, news like these won't cease". I'm waiting for the next one, Maybe spoons that cost a Million bucks. May God help us.
Re: Efcc Discovers World's Costliest Toilets by Sammy107d(m): 1:12pm On Jun 26, 2010
bk/babe97:

Dont expect a lot of people on here to get the joke u just made.lol. Have u seen the episodes "Fund Raiser" or "Homies ova hoes"?lol. no? u gotta see it! R.I.P Bushido!

"I'm a fundraiser; I raise funds. You can't raise funds and give away funds at the same time!" Riley- Real nigga
Re: Efcc Discovers World's Costliest Toilets by Stynxz: 1:40pm On Jun 26, 2010
This is so disgraceful and disgusting for proplr who claim to serve the nation.
Re: Efcc Discovers World's Costliest Toilets by jmoore(m): 2:07pm On Jun 26, 2010
same story. not surprised. they are all corrupt
Re: Efcc Discovers World's Costliest Toilets by franko2: 2:16pm On Jun 26, 2010
Jakumo:

This story reminds me a bit of the one a few years back when the Pentagon was billed a couple of grand a pop for aircraft toilet seats and ashtrays. Supposedly much of that added cost arose from the need for all airborne systems to be accompanied by hefty reams of Mil Spec and Mil Standard documentation, all written and compiled by highly paid engineers and technical writers.

Oga mi! Please speak english o, we no say u feel am well well, Some of us only understand the one approximate to what you have in (any) dictionary, grin
Re: Efcc Discovers World's Costliest Toilets by sessy2(f): 2:36pm On Jun 26, 2010
pls stop sitting in the comfort of ur rooms and offices and commenting about this polithieves, organise and do something.lets take them head on. undecided
Re: Efcc Discovers World's Costliest Toilets by Browser69(m): 2:38pm On Jun 26, 2010
We aren`t see nothing yet until Jonathan becomes presido from 2011 lipsrsealed
Re: Efcc Discovers World's Costliest Toilets by Ranoscky(m): 2:57pm On Jun 26, 2010
Can u imagine building a toilet with 10milla? after dem go ban pipu wey dey struggle with dia own body. That is y i don't like commenting on political threads b'cos na the most annouying thread be that to me. well, no problem O! i no blame una, na free money wey una see na'em dey worry una. una no even care about the masses na to park naija run away na'em una sabi. ok O. everyday for the thief 1 day for the owner. 1day shall be 1day GOD go catch una. sad
Re: Efcc Discovers World's Costliest Toilets by DisGuy: 3:18pm On Jun 26, 2010
The permanent secretary, the person in charge of Due Process should be fired and also charged with incompetence!!
Re: Efcc Discovers World's Costliest Toilets by OAM4J: 3:20pm On Jun 26, 2010
Now we know why they wanted a sick man to rule for ever. Nonsense!

They should all rot in hell.
Re: Efcc Discovers World's Costliest Toilets by ReachRich(m): 3:27pm On Jun 26, 2010
sessy2:

pls stop sitting in the comfort of your rooms and offices and commenting about this polithieves, organise and do something.lets take them head on. undecided
So what do u suggest we should do?
Re: Efcc Discovers World's Costliest Toilets by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jun 26, 2010
I recommend cuting off his hands. . . . .  . . .who needs a toilet in a farm when you always do your ''bush attack''.i now realised why they were called kitchen cabinet.
Re: Efcc Discovers World's Costliest Toilets by Fiscabally(m): 3:34pm On Jun 26, 2010
sessy2:

pls stop sitting in the comfort of your rooms and offices and commenting about this polithieves, organise and do something.lets take them head on. undecided
word! Its hightime we take actns n bone stories.
jamace:

With all these nonsense that are going on in Nigeria, I look at them from the religious angle. How can our leaders steal and loot what belongs to all and are still accorded front seats during prayers in the churches and mosques? It means that the churches and mosques are aiding and abbetting corruption. One can therefore safely conclude that our churches and mosques have lost all forms of spirituality and godliness, and are mere political organisations.
word!!!
Re: Efcc Discovers World's Costliest Toilets by Becomrich0: 3:41pm On Jun 26, 2010
Laws made in other countries have no effect in Nigeria, because Nigeria is a sovereignty country.
Re: Efcc Discovers World's Costliest Toilets by OAM4J: 3:52pm On Jun 26, 2010
Am sick and saddened of stories like this. For how long will this continue? When will Nigeria be free?

Millions are dying of hunger, lack of basic medical facilities and basic infrastructures, Yet. . .

I feel like killing some people now sad
Re: Efcc Discovers World's Costliest Toilets by IRAPADA(m): 3:59pm On Jun 26, 2010
Shey na golden watercloseset them use?,where are this toilet located i wil like to wee wee there
Re: Efcc Discovers World's Costliest Toilets by shevalync: 4:00pm On Jun 26, 2010
This is a strong indication that Nigeria is indeed a failed state. REVOLUTION is the only way out of all these mess.
Re: Efcc Discovers World's Costliest Toilets by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jun 26, 2010
IRAPADA:

Shey na golden watercloseset them use?,where are this toilet located i wil like to wee wee there
rotflmao. . . . . .wee wee indeed !!!
Re: Efcc Discovers World's Costliest Toilets by 3kay945(m): 4:10pm On Jun 26, 2010
Mrs waziri should swing into action now abi?, come to think of it, these heartless people go to church or pray 5x a day?!.
Re: Efcc Discovers World's Costliest Toilets by Acidosis(m): 4:13pm On Jun 26, 2010
Don't expect any reasonable outcome from,

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? / Muslim Politicians With Christian Wives: A Lagos Trend / Goodbye Nigeria, Welcome Oduduwa Republic, By Femi Fani-kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.