Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,153 members, 7,811,306 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:51 AM

Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) (20971 Views)

Poll: Who Proceeds To the QuaterFinals?

Germany: 68% (31 votes)
England: 31% (14 votes)
This poll has ended

CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Niger (4 - 1) On 18th January 2016 / Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 / Nigeria Vs Mali (AFCON 2013) - (4 - 1) On 6th February 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by Emperoh(m): 10:40am On Jun 26, 2010
Now, we have enough of the arguments!!
DK won the Club fixtures when BM evicted Man United from the UCL!!

We are now at International stage!!
Who will win the action!! ENough of the words and fireworks!!
20 pages of argument is now boiling down to our dream fixture!!!

Back of my mind tell me England will win but Germany lots of youth and energy going for them.
But what they have in energy and youth they lack in experience when compared to England!!

The English have been under-performing at the WC so far!!
They also have a knack for pressing the self destruct button!!

So peeps, predict as we build up to the game!!
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by Emperoh(m): 10:46am On Jun 26, 2010
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by mukina2: 12:39pm On Jun 26, 2010
i support anyone that deals with the 3 mice of engerland grin
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by Emperoh(m): 1:38pm On Jun 26, 2010
mukina2:

I just hope u won't cry like u did against CIV!!
Where is Yaya your loff?
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by mukina2: 1:40pm On Jun 26, 2010
sharaaap dia angry

I didnt cry . .Yaya scored tongue
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by Sauron1: 2:55pm On Jun 26, 2010
[img]http://nacidadelivre.files./2009/05/logo-football-germany-dfb1.jpg[/img]

[size=40pt]Germany vs England[/size]

Match 51: FIFA World Cup Finals; Round of 16 Knock-out

Sunday 27 June @ 1600 (1500 GMT)

Bloemfontein - Free State Stadium

Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by Ranoscky(m): 3:50pm On Jun 26, 2010
^^^Nice pix there sauron! I'll go for England and i hope Rooney scores his 1st goal of the tourney in that match.
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by Iceugwa(m): 4:03pm On Jun 26, 2010
Supporting Germany for this match. I hate England die
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by dayokanu(m): 4:43pm On Jun 26, 2010
Go Mannschaft

Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by deekseen(m): 5:36pm On Jun 26, 2010
mukina2:

Same goes here, until those idiots at BBC stop calling us those names every time.
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by dayokanu(m): 5:42pm On Jun 26, 2010
Cacau injury rocks Germany

Germany striker will sit out the last 16 clash with England with an abdominal muscle injury picked up in training

The 29-year-old featured in all three of Germany's group games and netted the fourth goal against Australia in their opener.
But team manager Oliver Bierhoff has revealed the Stuttgart star sustained an injury in training which will rule him out of the crunch Round of 16 encounter.
"This injury means that he cannot play against England," said Bierhoff.
"We are working to ensure he will be fit for the next game, we are confident he will be."

Meanwhile Bastian Schweinsteiger and Jerome Boateng will undergo fitness tests on Saturday to determine their availability for the game

http://www.worldcup.soccerway.com/page/NewsDetail/0,,12953~2079176,00.html
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by IFELEKE(m): 6:29pm On Jun 26, 2010
. . .
dayokanu:

Go Mannschaft
I hope your people will explore the disunity amongst the english players on the pitch tommorrow. . .
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by 4Play(m): 10:56pm On Jun 26, 2010
Deutschland Deutschland!

Have a feeling England will win this one. Germany's defence is a worry and it's still a young team.

Come on Manschaft! Give the English a bloody nose. Love to hear them moan on radio phone-ins after they have been thumped.
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by semid4lyfe(m): 11:21pm On Jun 26, 2010
This one no be footie match. . .na War!

I hate England die. Germany will surely down them tommorrow.Predicting a 1 nil victory for Germany
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by dayokanu(m): 11:23pm On Jun 26, 2010
Deutschland Deutschland!

Have a feeling England will win this one. Germany's defence is a worry and it's still a young team.

Come on Manschaft! Give the English a bloody nose. Love to hear them moan on radio phone-ins after they have been thumped.

Echoes my feeling too
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by viewlekan: 11:40pm On Jun 26, 2010
Sorry D1, had to bring it in here to stir some waters!! grin

Haha, I applaud your performance as the self appointed spokesman of German footbal!! but in all fairness your assertions are becoming ridiculous at the moment. Germany came to this competition believing that they had a chance to win the competition:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/world-cup/story/_/id/719812/ce/uk/?cc=5739&ver=global, as quoted by Oliver Bierhoff

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/newsid=1177749/index.html?cid=rssfeed&att=?cid=rssfeed&att=, as quoted by Jurgen Klinsman

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/world-cup-2010/news/2010/06/10/world-cup-2010-germany-can-win-title-if-they-take-it-one-game-at-a-time-warns-beckenbauer-86908-22323633/, as quoted by Franz B who apparently is suffering from a bout of acute mouth diarrhoea.

Your statement about Ballack making a difference to the team is just simply nonsensical , I dont know how a single player can make such a difference to a team of 23 players such that they would beat England in " Buckingham Palace" Shocked, give us a break DK!, admittedly, there are players that could have such talismanic effects on their team but the Ballack of 2010 is def not in that category ( Bless him - he was refused an extension in chelsea and reportedly he is back in Leuverkesen Sad)

I really liked your analogy about Tuns and Franca ( Brought back such lovely memories) , lol. I will attempt to give you a similar yet more realistic conceptual illustration so you can understand my position and I would be using your fav sports, Sex, lol.

If Dayo has a reputation for been a top dude in the bedroom department and is respected for his swagger and delivery in bringing smiles to the ladies but as usual after the law of diminishing returns sets in and is not able to perform as he used to and Taofeek after nuff practises and patience is deemed to be a prefered option to D1, would that be surprising??,

The Germans are regarded as a strong footballing nation and have performed over the years but I am sorry to say the present crop of players have no clue, they were extremely lucky against the Ghanians and that is the truth!!, England have not been spectacular either but you can just sense that they have that something extra to defeat the Germans. My arguement is we c
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by A40(m): 12:09am On Jun 27, 2010
Forza Deutschland grin grin. As it was in 1970,1990 and 1996 so shall it be again. Go Mannschaft show those Three Blind Mice who is Boss
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by dayokanu(m): 12:11am On Jun 27, 2010
I am bringing it here too

POD!!!!!  I called you like 5 times you no pick.

Your statement about Ballack making a difference to the team is just simply nonsensical , I dont know how a single player can make such a difference to a team of 23 players such that they would beat England in " Buckingham Palace" , give us a break DK!,

Maradona in 1994 despite aging still was the icon in Argentina, They won 2 games with him, without him they lost their 2 games.

Zidane was for France in 2006,

The experience of Ballack to a young team is invaluable.

admittedly, there are players that could have such talismanic effects on their team but the Ballack of 2010 is def not in that category ( Bless him - he was refused an extension in chelsea and reportedly he is back in Leuverkesen

What he has lost in agility, He has abundance in experience

I really liked your analogy about Tuns and Franca ( Brought back such lovely memories) , lol. I will attempt to give you a similar yet more realistic conceptual illustration so you can understand my position and I would be using your fav sports, Sex, lol.

Drunk like you, since you left, Tuns and Franca went out of biz.

If Dayo has a reputation for been a top dude in the bedroom department and is respected for his swagger and delivery in bringing smiles to the ladies but as usual after the law of diminishing returns sets in and is not able to perform as he used to and Taofeek after nuff practises and patience is deemed to be a prefered option to D1, would that be surprising??

How that analogy fits into the situation beats me. The young German team the youngest at the world cup is now described as being in diminishing returns?  Lekan be wary of Irish beer, they are different from Nigerian breweries.

The Germans are regarded as a strong footballing nation and have performed over the years but I am sorry to say the present crop of players have no clue, they were extremely lucky against the Ghanians and that is the truth!!,

The players dnt have a clue? Thats funny right? The same set of players brutally rap-ed the English players at U21 level just last years 4-0, They were extremely lucky? I guess football was supposed to be a walk in the park every time? The Great Brazil struggled vs South Korea that must mean they dont have a clue, Spain struggled vs Switzerland that must mean they don't have a clue?

You need TB Joshua!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

England have not been spectacular either but you can just sense that they have that something extra to defeat the Germans. My arguement is we can ascribe a potential German loss to inexperience, rubbish!!!, no one said that when they had a fluke of a game by beating Australia by 4-0.

How come the English couldn't manage a fluke vs Slovenia, USA and Algeria all without any renowned world class player in the midst.
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by medjai(m): 12:49am On Jun 27, 2010
any team but England
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by chelseabmw(m): 2:37am On Jun 27, 2010
i love both team.the best team should take the day
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by davidif: 2:40am On Jun 27, 2010
The Germans are regarded as a strong footballing nation and have performed over the years but I am sorry to say the present crop of players have no clue, they were extremely lucky against the Ghanians and that is the truth!!

Lucky?? are you serious? the germans won that game fair and square, the ghanaians were losing posession easily and when they had it, they weren't effective in the final 1/3 of the pitch. How can you play the Germans and have nobody tracking Mesut Ozil and you call yourself a serious team.
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by Redman44(m): 3:29am On Jun 27, 2010
I really want the Germans to win though I've got affiliations with England. This German squad is a team of the future but I think they can defeat England today. I love the different ethnicities that make up the German squad- Polish [ Klose and Podolski] Turkish [ Ozil and Khedira ], Ghanaian [ Jerome Boateng ], Nigerian [ Dennis Aogo ], Brazilian [ Cauca ] etc. The World needs to watch out for Germany in Brazil 2014 and Euro 2012. England needs to start fielding players from the different immigrant groups in the country. It should not matter if they've got Muslim or African names.

I will be supporting the Germans and I hope they'll win. I love Ozil cool cool cool

www.vibes-extra..com
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by dayokanu(m): 4:33am On Jun 27, 2010
In the space of two months, they lost their first-choice goal-keeper René Adler (broken ribs), first-choice centre-back Heiko Westermann (ankle), the two holding midfielders from the Euro 2008 final, Simon Rolfes (knee) and Thomas Hitzlsperger (lack of match practice) and their captain Michael Ballack (ankle).

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2010/jun/27/world-cup-2010-germany
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by jamace(m): 7:44am On Jun 27, 2010
I love Germany!
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by ajalio(f): 7:50am On Jun 27, 2010
In this match everything can happen. It is difficult to say who will win.

England squad, though experienced, is not in the best form and Germany team has some young players which lack experience.

Though, our "oracle" has said Germany will win. . . .  LOL . . . It is so crazy. grin
Since the tournament started, they "ask" an octopus if Germany will win or not by putting two see through boxes with food in the aquarium. One box with German flag and one with flag of the opponent. From which box the octopus takes the food at first that team will win.
The curiosity is that the octopus has not failed up to now. He ate from Serbia box at first before that match while he
ate from German box before the other two matches.

And also yesterday the octopus ate from German box at first.

In any case I wish it will be a fair match.

GO GERMANY!!!
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by Rmc1(m): 8:01am On Jun 27, 2010
I hope england will beat the nazis silly. I just cant wait to see the germans cry like little girls at the end of the match  grin grin grin tongue GO ENGLAND YOU WILL NEVER WALK ALONE!!
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by omar22(m): 8:53am On Jun 27, 2010
Anybody but England, so arrogant
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by RuuDie(m): 8:59am On Jun 27, 2010
The English don't seem to be on the good side of the non-english press

World Cup 2010 - England enrage media
The world's media were left stunned after England's news briefing for Sunday's World Cup clash with Germany lasted barely five minutes and featured only questions taken from British TV reporters.

More than 250 journalists from around the world plus around 30 TV crews packed into the media tent at the Free State Stadium for the briefing with England coach Fabio Capello and captain Steven Gerrard.

Reporters, many of whom had travelled long distances to be at the briefing, left in anger after the FA's head of media Adrian Bevington took only eight questions from hand-picked reporters.

Giancarlo Galavotti, football correspondent of Italy's Gazzetta dello Sport who has reported on English football from London for more than 25 years said: "That was typical. They do not seem to appreciate this is the World Cup, with the emphasis on the word 'World'.

"The idea that the English set-up is not the friendliest among the top teams is reinforced by this sort of arrogance.

"And this, despite the coach being able to answer in three languages: Italian, English and Spanish. The FA do not seem to think the rest of the world is important."

Jorge Luiz Rodrigues of Brazil's O Globo newspaper was stunned by what he saw.

"That was bad. This is the World Cup. This guy doesn't know what the World Cup is. He only asks for questions from his friends. This is not professional.

"If you go to Brazil you will have questions in English, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian.

"All the journalists have the same opportunity. And Brazil is five times champions, not once."

Bevington said afterwards: "We complied fully with FIFA's regulations by bringing the coach and a player, our captain, to the conference.

"Furthermore, and as agreed with FIFA, we had a further five minutes with English newspapers and a further five minutes with FIFA.com."

In the five minutes access allowed to the wider world, journalists learnt that manager Fabio Capello knew his team - which he did not reveal - and that skipper Gerrard was confident of victory.

Platitudes delivered, Bevington declared after five minutes and 12 seconds: "OK, everybody, thank you very much. I would like to invite the English Sunday newspapers to join us in a separate room."

One reporter sarcastically clapped and with that the England delegation swept out of the room.

Although German coach Joachim Loew failed to appear before the media on Saturday, he did speak to them for 45 minutes on Friday and the German FA, at least, gave reporters the chance to quiz goalkeeping coach Andreas Koepke for 30 minutes on their preparations for the game.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/27062010/58/world-cup-2010-england-enrage-media.html

Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by RuuDie(m): 9:03am On Jun 27, 2010
☻ajali☺:

Though, our "oracle" has said Germany will win. . . . LOL . . . It is so crazy. grin
Since the tournament started, they "ask" an octopus if Germany will win or not by putting two see through boxes with food in the aquarium. One box with German flag and one with flag of the opponent. From which box the octopus takes the food at first that team will win.
The curiosity is that the octopus has not failed up to now. He ate from Serbia box at first before that match while he
ate from German box before the other two matches.

And also yesterday the octopus ate from German box at first.

In any case I wish it will be a fair match.

GO GERMANY!!!

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

***no pun intended***
geez. . . . i'm not touching u with 100,000 ft pole even if i'm gonna get GBP 1milla for it!
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by ajalio(f): 9:23am On Jun 27, 2010
RuuDie:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

***no pun intended***
geez. . . .  i'm not touching u with 100,000 ft pole even if i'm gonna get GBP 1milla for it!

grin  grin  grin  grin  grin

Very wise!!!  wink
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by infobut(m): 10:58am On Jun 27, 2010
You guys forget that mtn advert so soon.

Two world war and one world cup england england .Two world war and one world cup england all the time. It 4 real guys england is winning this one for sure 2 - nil. grin grin grin grin
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by Remii(m): 11:09am On Jun 27, 2010

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Anthony Joshua Vs Oleksandr Usyk Rematch: 'i'm The Comeback King,' Says AJ / Lionel Messi And Cristiano Ronaldo Now Out Of Champions League again / Gernot Rohr Visits Ighalo At Watford, England (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.