Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,774 members, 7,820,710 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) - Sports (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) (21008 Views)

Poll: Who Proceeds To the QuaterFinals?

Germany: 68% (31 votes)
England: 31% (14 votes)
This poll has ended

CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Niger (4 - 1) On 18th January 2016 / Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 / Nigeria Vs Mali (AFCON 2013) - (4 - 1) On 6th February 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by ajalio(f): 7:15pm On Jul 01, 2010
dayokanu:

Lukas Podolski, Mesut Ozil and Cacau are concerns for Germany ahead of Saturday's quarter-final clash with Argentina.

Striker Podolski and influential midfielder Ozil missed part of Thursday morning's training session, with team officials insisting the duo were absent as a precautionary measure but giving no more details.

The latest absence for Podolski comes after the forward broke off from training on Wednesday afternoon, having earlier complained of a minor muscle problem.

http://www.skysports.com/football/world-cup-2010/story/0,27032,12023_6240190,00.html

Jogi Löw just did not want to go any risk that they may got injured with training. Both are really fit.

Wow wow wow, the mouth match between both teams has started already, Really heavy as usual.

Klinsmann the former coach said, the German team must confuse the Argentines and make them angry, means
don't give the ball to them. They are to make angry, easely and then they make fowls and will get red cards.
He said it has worked in 2006 and will also work on Saturday.
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by mamagee3(f): 7:22pm On Jul 01, 2010
dayokanu:

mamagee,

You dey vex o. They are the 3 rats of Engerland. The best team on the planet Pluto.
Did you mean worst team in the planet? undecided

Cause they all suck, bunch of overrated players. . .And to think they were named in Football's great players of today is really funny!

I hope they go back to their clubs and learn how to play well.
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by dayokanu(m): 7:48pm On Jul 01, 2010
Jogi Löw just did not want to go any risk that they may got injured with training. Both are really fit.

Lets hope we see a full squad and give a good representation

Wow wow wow, the mouth match between both teams has started already, Really heavy as usual.

You know the Argies are very emotional, remember the fought after the 2006 quarter final loss which ended up getting Frings suspended for the semis vs the Italians

Klinsmann the former coach said, the German team must confuse the Argentines and make them angry, means
don't give the ball to them. They are to make angry, easely and then they make fowls and will get red cards.
He said it has worked in 2006 and will also work on Saturday.

Maradona already called Muller a ball boy, Schweinsteiger and Lahm also replied the Argies. I see this game being played with a lot of bad blood
Schweinsteiger said the Argies dive and go to ground easily and that the 2010 team was better than the 2006 team. Heinze is a hothead and they can attack his side wella to provoke him into rash tackles

Did you mean worst team in the planet?

Cause they all suck, bunch of overrated players. . .And to think they were named in Football's great players of today is really funny!

I hope they go back to their clubs and learn how to play well.

Mama-gee, I would report you to Shrek Rooney, Fat Frank and Scuba diving Gerrard. None of them would marry you again
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by dayokanu(m): 8:07pm On Jul 01, 2010
World Cup 2010: Germany Skipper Philipp Lahm Mocks England, Saying 'Now We Must Prove We Can Beat A Big Team'
Argentina a whole different challenge, Bayern man believes,
Germany captain Philipp Lahm has laid the boot into England's World Cup 2010 challenge by insisting his country now has "to show we can finally beat a big team."

The Bayern Munich defender led his side to a dominant 4-1 victory against Fabio Capello's charges in the second round last Sunday. He is now preparing for the heavyweight quarter-final clash against Argentina, while their defeated opponents face severe criticism back home.

Speaking to reporters, Lahm slammed England's underwhelming performance. Making reference to the dominant animals in South Africa, he said: "Now we are up against our own big five.
"We have to show we can finally beat a big team - someone like Argentina, Brazil or Spain.

"Definitely, these are bigger opponents than England."

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1863/world-cup-2010/2010/07/01/2004891/world-cup-2010-germany-skipper-philipp-lahm-mocks-england-saying-
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by mamagee3(f): 8:47pm On Jul 01, 2010
dayokanu:

Mama-gee, I would report you to Shrek Rooney, Fat Frank and Scuba diving Gerrard. None of them would marry you again
cheesy grin grin cheesy
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by maedan(f): 9:29pm On Jul 01, 2010
dayokanu:

Lets hope we see a full squad and give a good representation

You know the Argies are very emotional, remember the fought after the 2006 quarter final loss which ended up getting Frings suspended for the semis vs the Italians

Maradona already called Muller a ball boy, Schweinsteiger and Lahm also replied the Argies. I see this game being played with a lot of bad blood
Schweinsteiger said the Argies dive and go to ground easily and that the 2010 team was better than the 2006 team. Heinze is a hothead and they can attack his side wella to provoke him into rash tackles

Oi, oi!!! That's my boys you're slagging off there! Look, they weren't that bad. This was just not their tournament. Seems the Germans are the one team that came the most prepared for the WC. That said, England is not over-rated, and YES, they are a BIG team, equal in league with the so-called BIG Brazil, Argentina etc. But I guess some are more equal than others tongue.
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by dayokanu(m): 9:52pm On Jul 01, 2010
Oi, oi!!! That's my boys you're slagging off there! Look, they weren't that bad. This was just not their tournament. Seems the Germans are the one team that came the most prepared for the WC. That said, England is not over-rated, and YES, they are a BIG team, equal in league with the so-called BIG Brazil, Argentina etc. But I guess some are more equal than others

They were disgraced out of the world cup, Couldnt beat Algeria and USA and they werent bad, When would they be bad?

This wasnt their tournament? When would we see their tournament? For the past 44 yrs same excuse.

Germans came most prepared with a team of pikins?

England is in the class of Brazil and Argentina? Even the English FA chairman wont make that fallacious statement
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by A40(m): 1:30am On Jul 02, 2010
Lol the Devil is a liar ooh! Ozil and Podolski must be fit

maedan:

This was just not their tournament.

You have to wonder when would it ever be their tournament considering this is arguably their best bunch in decades

maedan:

That said, England is not over-rated, and YES, they are a BIG team, equal in league with the so-called BIG Brazil, Argentina etc. But I guess some are more equal than others tongue.
England not over-rated?? Haba Mae! England is the most over-rated team in the Solar System. With the resources they have and the failure they have consistently produced David Cameron should ban England from international competitions for at least 10 years
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by maedan(f): 3:47am On Jul 02, 2010
dayokanu:

They were disgraced out of the world cup, Couldnt beat Algeria and USA and they werent bad, When would they be bad?

This wasnt their tournament? When would we see their tournament? For the past 44 yrs same excuse.

Germans came most prepared with a team of pikins?

England is in the class of Brazil and Argentina? Even the English FA chairman wont make that fallacious statement

Lol, ok, so England has the history of doing poorly at the World Cup. But when I say that they are in the class of Brazil & Co., I'm talking about individual players. The Three Lions are made up of the best bunch of fellas that have made their own personal name as footballers: Gerrard, Rooney, Lampard etc. Maybe as a team they aren't so hot - as a team, Germany were far far betterr prepared, team of pikins or not cheesy!

A-40:

Lol the Devil is a liar ooh! Ozil and Podolski must be fit
You have to wonder when would it ever be their tournament considering this is arguably their best bunch in decades
England not over-rated?? Haba Mae! England is the most over-rated team in the Solar System. With the resources they have and the failure they have consistently produced David Cameron should ban England from international competitions for at least 10 years

Wow. What a harsh verdict grin. It hurts when people say these guys are "over-rated". They have been unduly "celebritized" by the British and world press, I agree, and this has detracted from their game. Would you then say Ronaldo, for example, is over-rated just because he and his country are now out of the tourney? Like I said, these things happen. I watched all England's games and I think the boys tried their best and played with all their heart. I put the WHOLE blame on Capello for their poor showing, he is the one that should be banned from coaching any team for at least ten years!!!! LOL.
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by dayokanu(m): 4:31am On Jul 02, 2010
Lol, ok, so England has the history of doing poorly at the World Cup. But when I say that they are in the class of Brazil & Co., I'm talking about individual players. The Three Lions are made up of the best bunch of fellas that have made their own personal name as footballers: Gerrard, Rooney, Lampard etc. Maybe as a team they aren't so hot - as a team, Germany were far far betterr prepared, team of pikins or not

The fact is that most of them are limited technically, Gerrard, Lampard and Rooney are just slightly above average but are celebrated and blown over the roof

Not that Germany were better prepared, they were better technically and more talented.

Wow. What a harsh verdict . It hurts when people say these guys are "over-rated". They have been unduly "celebritized" by the British and world press, I agree, and this has detracted from their game. Would you then say Ronaldo, for example, is over-rated just because he and his country are now out of the tourney? Like I said, these things happen. I watched all England's games and I think the boys tried their best and played with all their heart. I put the WHOLE blame on Capello for their poor showing, he is the one that should be banned from coaching any team for at least ten years!!!! LOL

No matter how harsh it sounds the fact is that they are overrated. I watched England struggle against minnows like Slovenia, Algeria and USA at the last world cup they struggled against Trinidad , Paraguay and Ecuador

That shows the lack of talent.

Now Capello is the problem? How pathetic can a country be? They blamed McLaren, Errikson, KevinKeegan, Glen Hoddle and even Terry Venables

If your son complains that his failure in school is due to his poor teachers after changing 6 teachers, you should know you have a dullard on your hand who is so desperate to blame others for his failure
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by A40(m): 11:42pm On Jul 02, 2010
maedan:

Lol, ok, so England has the history of doing poorly at the World Cup. But when I say that they are in the class of Brazil & Co., I'm talking about individual players. The Three Lions are made up of the best bunch of fellas that have made their own personal name as footballers: Gerrard, Rooney, Lampard etc. Maybe as a team they aren't so hot - as a team, Germany were far far betterr prepared, team of pikins or not cheesy!
Football is not an individual sport my dear thats the concept the Three Blind Mice seem unable to grasp! Gerrard,Rooney and Lampard are only the best on the pages of the Sun,Daily Mirror e.t.c we wey dey watch football know that when $$hit hits the fan English players are not to be relied upon

maedan:

Wow. What a harsh verdict grin. It hurts when people say these guys are "over-rated". They have been unduly "celebritized" by the British and world press, I agree, and this has detracted from their game. Would you then say Ronaldo, for example, is over-rated just because he and his country are now out of the tourney? Like I said, these things happen. I watched all England's games and I think the boys tried their best and played with all their heart. I put the WHOLE blame on Capello for their poor showing, he is the one that should be banned from coaching any team for at least ten years!!!! LOL.
Its not harsh babes look at it this way if you guys had done this say in 2006 y'all woulda been spared this humiliation and even the shame of missing out on the 08 Euros a stitch in time saves nine! England are a small footballing nation this is a fact that none of you fans seem to want to admit ok lets do some Footie chronicles and examine the teams that have knocked y'all out of WC's

1986 - Argentina
1990 - Germany
1994 - DNQ
1998 - Argentina
2002 - Brazil
2006 - Portugal
2010 - Germany

Now who are the teams England have beaten in that timeframe? Well we have Trinidad and Tobago,Paraguay,Ecuador,Tunisia,Colombia,Slovenia,Cameroun,Belgium ok Argentina once but aside from that i cant point to any other contender you have beaten in a 24 year timeframe. Y'all practically lose to the first big team you meet at any tournament so where do you guys get that believe that you can win a WC? Or that y'all are among the upper echelon. The British press is obviously to blame because its thanks to the EPL that people would sit down and compare a Rooney to a Messi a Lampard to a Xavi just because the former scores more goals forgetting that is not a midfielder's primary constituency

Since Euro 96 y'all have not gone beyond the quarters of Euro tournaments

The crux of the argument is that you guys have an over-bloated image of yourselves and England won't get far with it! This problem is bigger than Capello and was on even before he got there
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by maedan(f): 12:50am On Jul 03, 2010
A-40:

Football is not an individual sport my dear thats the concept the Three Blind Mice seem unable to grasp! Gerrard,Rooney and Lampard are only the best on the pages of the Sun,Daily Mirror e.t.c we wey dey watch football know that when $$hit hits the fan English players are not to be relied upon
Its not harsh babes look at it this way if you guys had done this say in 2006 y'all woulda been spared this humiliation and even the shame of missing out on the 08 Euros a stitch in time saves nine! England are a small footballing nation this is a fact that none of you fans seem to want to admit ok lets do some Footie chronicles and examine the teams that have knocked y'all out of WC's

1986 - Argentina
1990 - Germany
1994 - DNQ
1998 - Argentina
2002 - Brazil
2006 - Portugal
2010 - Germany

Now who are the teams England have beaten in that timeframe? Well we have Trinidad and Tobago,Paraguay,Ecuador,Tunisia,Colombia,Slovenia,Cameroun,Belgium ok Argentina once but aside from that i cant point to any other contender you have beaten in a 24 year timeframe. Y'all practically lose to the first big team you meet at any tournament so where do you guys get that believe that you can win a WC? Or that y'all are among the upper echelon. The British press is obviously to blame because its thanks to the EPL that people would sit down and compare a Rooney to a Messi a Lampard to a Xavi just because the former scores more goals forgetting that is not a midfielder's primary constituency

Since Euro 96 y'all have not gone beyond the quarters of Euro tournaments

The crux of the argument is that you guys have an over-bloated image of yourselves and England won't get far with it! This problem is bigger than Capello and was on even before he got there

In essence, and in conclusion, you are saying that the British can't play football because they haven't won any WC titles or other titles in recent years tongue. I could tell you where to put your "Footie Chronicles", but you're my person, so no cheesy. If the English are so bad at soccer, how come they have such a fantastic league(s)?? I don't know much about these things I guess. But they are not half as bad as you make them out. Discipline and some change in style/tactics might be their saving grace.
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by A40(m): 2:07am On Jul 03, 2010
maedan:

In essence, and in conclusion, you are saying that the British can't play football because they haven't won any WC titles or other titles in recent years tongue. I could tell you where to put your "Footie Chronicles", but you're my person, so no cheesy. If the English are so bad at soccer, how come they have such a fantastic league(s)?? I don't know much about these things I guess. But they are not half as bad as you make them out. Discipline and some change in style/tactics might be their saving grace.

Lolz Mae don't take ma 'ban England' chant too serious you of all people should know i was putting you on blast! wink Really though i hope you can see that based on the caliber of teams you have went down to at crunch-time y'all should go to major tournaments with a bit more humility.
Talking about your league being so fantastic lets not even go there hun. When was the last time an English player scored the most goals in a season?? The foreign players are the ones that make that league tick half the time most of the top teams are coached by foreigners so what gives??

What they need is an admittance that they are not good enough i mean the players now! All that "Rooney is on the same level with Mess"i or "Lampard is better than Xavi or Sneijder" "we have the best defence in the Solar System" has to stop
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by DrKitaun(m): 5:25pm On Jul 03, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

I dislike the way DK sounds UNCERTAIN about these boys b4 big matches only to cause tumultous e-ruckus later . . .why is DK finding it hard to write off the Argentines ?

The Germany vs Argentina match isnt gonna be that tough . . .Germany would nick this easily and with Messi getting real stranded !

I easily predicted this . . .f.uck Paul Octopus ! grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Lionel Messi And Cristiano Ronaldo Now Out Of Champions League again / Gianluigi Donnarumma And Partner Attacked And Robbed In Paris / Tonye Solomon Wins Guinness Most Steps Climbed On Ladder Balancing Ball On Head

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.