Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,186 members, 7,818,599 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

2 Airport Security Guards Get N500k For Returning Missing Bag Filled With Dollar - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 2 Airport Security Guards Get N500k For Returning Missing Bag Filled With Dollar (56352 Views)

Chicken Republic Reacts To Sack Of Security Guards / I Was Condemned For Returning ₦100,000 Forgotten By Passenger – Tricyclist / I Was Mocked And Tagged 'stupid', Says Airport Security Who Returned Bag (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2 Airport Security Guards Get N500k For Returning Missing Bag Filled With Dollar by zinnydan(f): 6:16am On Aug 24, 2018
Nasir123:

We still have good people in the country.
if the government should be like this...there'll be no problems

1 Like

Re: 2 Airport Security Guards Get N500k For Returning Missing Bag Filled With Dollar by isax(m): 6:18am On Aug 24, 2018
Shelumiel:
I like the effort these men made , but I wonder why the authorities didn't report the matter to the security agencies. Finding such a huge amount is quite questionable....
Bros which one is your own
Did they mention the amount found?
Re: 2 Airport Security Guards Get N500k For Returning Missing Bag Filled With Dollar by princejenks(m): 6:19am On Aug 24, 2018
not to belittle what they did but if the owner later returned to report the loss of the bag and investigation carried out by the appropriate authority,it could easily have been caught on cctv cos it happened in the car park and the culprits apprehended
Re: 2 Airport Security Guards Get N500k For Returning Missing Bag Filled With Dollar by Rashman578(m): 6:21am On Aug 24, 2018
Cryomancer:
angry

E no go better for 500k.

God knows I can't return such money... not in this Buhari era where everybody is a criminal.

Don't blame me, I'm just being a Nigerian.
OK so those security agents ain't Nigerians?
SMH 4u

2 Likes

Re: 2 Airport Security Guards Get N500k For Returning Missing Bag Filled With Dollar by Nobody: 6:25am On Aug 24, 2018
These are the ones worthy of being called men.
I'm proud of you. And as it's been said:
post=70550236:

You would “forever be remembered in the annals of the industry as role models, reference points, shining lights and good ambassadors.

Some others may look at you and tag you stupid, but I want to assure you that by virtue of this act, you have secured seats for yourselves in the comity of those with credibility and integrity.

3 Likes

Re: 2 Airport Security Guards Get N500k For Returning Missing Bag Filled With Dollar by bigplayerz(m): 6:25am On Aug 24, 2018
Nigeria wont get rid of corruption until we start to understand that you can`t pay for good services with money...rather you should give a form of investment, education etc. If these men were given quality education in importing security outfits and gadgets, dont you think they would become security consultants and earn more than the #250,000 given to each of them. An investment in their security company Halogen can also do them well, A clause of giving any family member free education for life. But they feel the #250,000 is enough to buy their honesty...i cry for these men because all their families and friends and even enemies go carry bill come all because of the #250,000 and they cant even deny not having money....so they just gave these men money called OUR MONEY, US MONEY, WE MONEY grin grin grin grin
Re: 2 Airport Security Guards Get N500k For Returning Missing Bag Filled With Dollar by Galaxydon1(m): 6:31am On Aug 24, 2018
sometimes we ask God to give us money. do we expect him to throw it down to us. what if the owner is a billionaire. Na this opportunity I want.
Re: 2 Airport Security Guards Get N500k For Returning Missing Bag Filled With Dollar by AngelicBeing: 6:33am On Aug 24, 2018
sKeetz:

Story for the gods
grin
Re: 2 Airport Security Guards Get N500k For Returning Missing Bag Filled With Dollar by bejeria101(m): 6:37am On Aug 24, 2018
Rubbish! In the day of cashless operations,a person still moves with bag of dollars.
Re: 2 Airport Security Guards Get N500k For Returning Missing Bag Filled With Dollar by omoelerin1: 6:58am On Aug 24, 2018
If na police, they no go return am
Re: 2 Airport Security Guards Get N500k For Returning Missing Bag Filled With Dollar by lozanni(m): 7:04am On Aug 24, 2018
igwe44:
On a serious note, if am the one that saw that money,i will return it but I must remove and hide some dollars, since the bag is full with dollar's, helping myself with some few dollars will not be a bad idea.

grin Igweeeee!!!!

Are you Igwe one chance? wink
Re: 2 Airport Security Guards Get N500k For Returning Missing Bag Filled With Dollar by Emmybreazy(m): 7:11am On Aug 24, 2018
The good one's are still around..
Re: 2 Airport Security Guards Get N500k For Returning Missing Bag Filled With Dollar by bitbillionaire: 7:12am On Aug 24, 2018
Dear Nigerian youths, this is the caliber of person you should learn from and emulate and it will be well with you!
Re: 2 Airport Security Guards Get N500k For Returning Missing Bag Filled With Dollar by Barristter07: 7:14am On Aug 24, 2018
Kira290:
They just mised a lifetime opportunity to better their lot in life.. undecided undecided
Now they will die poor.. cry
The world runs on greed...these fools probably didn't know that...such a pity undecided

Whatever your hand finds to do, do with all your might, for there is no work nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom in the Grave, where you are going.....Ecclesiastes 9:10

That verse never supports stealing , its so sick what many do just to get likes

You should have asked yourself: How would I feel if am the owner of the Bag they found and they steal it ?

1 Like

Re: 2 Airport Security Guards Get N500k For Returning Missing Bag Filled With Dollar by Barristter07: 7:17am On Aug 24, 2018
BENEAMATA:
look at it like this ; Airport security , bag abandoned at airport , you can open the bag , find it's full of cash and zoom , take off , though not without concequences or , you can open and boom ! , greed just turned you and god knows many other victims into casualties of a major terrorist attack , OR , you can radio security base about a suspected package while keeping everyone away at a safe distance . The security personnel opted for the latter option as best they could . Bottomline , they are good mem who did their job in a proffesional way , lay off them . You'll wish for these kind the next time you lose valuables .

This is what many failed to realize!

1 Like

Re: 2 Airport Security Guards Get N500k For Returning Missing Bag Filled With Dollar by Olalekan76(m): 7:20am On Aug 24, 2018
Cryomancer:
angry

E no go better for 500k.

God knows I can't return such money... not in this Buhari era where everybody is a criminal.

Sorry you are not being a Nigerian but you are just been yourself. It is all about ones personality.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2 Airport Security Guards Get N500k For Returning Missing Bag Filled With Dollar by Nobody: 7:28am On Aug 24, 2018
Cryomancer:
angry

E no go better for 500k.

You're not 'being a Nigerian'. You're a criminal with no sense of human decency. And if there's a hell you should burn in it for eternity.

If it makes you feel better, I'll be there to burn with you. As that bag wont be the only reason I'm in hell.
Re: 2 Airport Security Guards Get N500k For Returning Missing Bag Filled With Dollar by pocohantas(f): 7:45am On Aug 24, 2018
zicoraads:
Very funny comments. cheesy grin

I pride myself as having a conscience at least. But even for me, I pray not to fall into this type of temptation. Because in all honesty, the mind will be torn between 'return' and 'keep'. cheesy

I commend them. They did well.

That would apply to a lot of people, what matters is the final decision they take. I've always maintained that what people need to coexist peacefully, is a working conscience. Not religious or cultural dogmas.
Re: 2 Airport Security Guards Get N500k For Returning Missing Bag Filled With Dollar by smartvino(m): 7:45am On Aug 24, 2018
I Wish I Could Have That Kinda Heart They Really Tried
Re: 2 Airport Security Guards Get N500k For Returning Missing Bag Filled With Dollar by Nobody: 7:52am On Aug 24, 2018
Honesty is a mustard seed, I returned an iPhone wedged between a hotel lounge seat 2 years ago.
The owner took my number, and enquired what my business is, which i did, just exactly 26th Nov 2017 I received a call from him, the rest, a roller coaster a contract after contract.
Re: 2 Airport Security Guards Get N500k For Returning Missing Bag Filled With Dollar by Bigdeeee: 7:52am On Aug 24, 2018
tungamaje:

What would have happened if they took the money and flee out of Nigeria? Or have't you heard such stories before? Please do not be pained by the act of these two honest Baifrans

If they fled, for a start, process goes like this:
- investigation initiation
- suspects identification (easy part)
- suspects prelim visitation (info on file)
- suspects monitoring
- guarantors notification, invitation and interrogation (aka arrest on bail)
- suspects profiling
- intelligence gathering
- suspects profile dissemination
- fugitive haunt begins
- suspects caught later (whether at Anambra, Togo or Mozambique, Seychelles or Adelaide etc makes no difference)... simple!

And might take a little while, but they would have been found and arrested later. They knew the drill - steal the bag and go to jail! Only way they could escape it is if their guarantors paid back the equivalent in full, to save themselves of sitting in the dock on behalf of the criminals, and failing to produce them as guaranteed by the guarantors. Plus this is Nigeria, their family would have been found and “roughened up” too. Our Police might be far from perfect, but this case would be a stroll in the park for our finest officers at this stage of the country. I mean this is 2018, not 1972. There are cameras all over ( + other surveillance systems working 24/7). If you don’t believe me, go and steal a bag at the airport lobby, then run away. Let’s see if you will be caught or not. grin

Like I said before: “Honest my foot!”

1 Like

Re: 2 Airport Security Guards Get N500k For Returning Missing Bag Filled With Dollar by BuilderDave: 7:54am On Aug 24, 2018
trust and reputation is key to success in any business.
Re: 2 Airport Security Guards Get N500k For Returning Missing Bag Filled With Dollar by EnkayDezign: 8:16am On Aug 24, 2018
Shelumiel:
I like the effort these men made , but I wonder why the authorities didn't report the matter to the security agencies. Finding such a huge amount is quite questionable....

How much money did they find?
Re: 2 Airport Security Guards Get N500k For Returning Missing Bag Filled With Dollar by Bigdeeee: 8:17am On Aug 24, 2018
BENEAMATA:
But we've been hailing such act anytime it happens in the western world , most times doubthng if same can happen in nigeria , so don't they have surveillance cameras in the public places there too ? Can't these men run away with the money ? Please respect their good name as these are not our regular slay queens and drug traffickers et al that we've made it a pastime to bash on nairaland .

See, i’m not a gullible person driven by emotional sentiments. I know how the security system works. Before you’re employed as an airport security personnel, there’s a thorough vetting system in place. Don’t you know it’s a sensitive position? If your airport security is compromised or porous, then that’s BIG trouble for everyone. Any and every prospective asset to be employed, after normal verification, case file is sent to the SCID department for a thorough background check. Only those cleared would be approved. Over the years, our airport security system has exponentially improved. Many things people used to get away with, they can’t do it so easily again, very difficult. That’s why it’s easier now to catch drug traffickers, and they keep catching them like flies in a spiderweb; that’s why it’s easier to catch money launderers; easier to catch contrabands (if they want to catch it) etc! Our airport security is much improved, not like before, and it’s still improving. Gone are the days people (even airport staffers) easily steal within the airport premises and escape. If you try it now and escape, maybe your case was just a minor infraction or misdemeanor (like stealing a pen on the floor or small candy), and so, wasn’t worth pursuing. But go and steal someone’s luggage now and see if you won’t be caught, whether staff or not. In fact, it’s easier to catch an airport staffer than an outsider civilian, because the staff would be identified so quickly by the surveillance system. Presently, our airport (Lagos + Abuja) security system deserves some accolades. Many criminals have been humbled by it grin

1 Like

Re: 2 Airport Security Guards Get N500k For Returning Missing Bag Filled With Dollar by africanusvu(m): 8:25am On Aug 24, 2018
Seems Halogens security is on image laundering. One traveling overseas forgot all these money in the airport toilet.kitchen etc.then wat is he going there for and wit.all these ar make belief stories to launder the integrity of d security outfit for more and better recommendations. They were the ones that placed the cash there and arranged wit the quad to act as if they found a mixing cash and press men ar good at this

1 Like

Re: 2 Airport Security Guards Get N500k For Returning Missing Bag Filled With Dollar by omooba969(m): 8:35am On Aug 24, 2018
Cryomancer:
angry

E no go better for 500k.

No, not a Nigerian but a blatant CRIMINAL!

1 Like

Re: 2 Airport Security Guards Get N500k For Returning Missing Bag Filled With Dollar by maasoap(m): 9:13am On Aug 24, 2018
Cryomancer:
angry

E no go better for 500k.

You are just being yourself, not being a Nigerian. There is death sentence for corruption in countries like China, yet citizens there still steal and get death sentence.
You, being a thief that you are, has nothing to do with being a Nigerian.
Re: 2 Airport Security Guards Get N500k For Returning Missing Bag Filled With Dollar by obentenyson(m): 9:25am On Aug 24, 2018
all this people that will be forming one fake loyalty by returning dollars etc, its because most of them are scared of how they are going to change the money and the rest.. So the fastest way to get their share is to return it to the owner and hopefully they might get applauded and given some amount of money... Just an indirect way of collecting their share... Still am not saying we don't have honest and good people, just saying most of this people returning money are not doing it with their church mind. Na for reward..
Re: 2 Airport Security Guards Get N500k For Returning Missing Bag Filled With Dollar by madgoat(m): 9:29am On Aug 24, 2018
Ambassadors:
U truly have a poor mindset and a poor up bringing. Change your mind and it will change your destiny. Anything you have to steal to get it, you cannot be greater than the value of it. But whatsoever you desire pray and work towards it and you will achieve it.

grin grin Another person designed to be poor in life spotted grin

Re: 2 Airport Security Guards Get N500k For Returning Missing Bag Filled With Dollar by ghettochild4u(m): 9:31am On Aug 24, 2018
The owner of the bag should take them to America to work there.. they deserve it
Re: 2 Airport Security Guards Get N500k For Returning Missing Bag Filled With Dollar by madgoat(m): 9:34am On Aug 24, 2018
obentenyson:
all this people that will be forming one fake loyalty by returning dollars etc, its because most of them are scared of how they are going to change the money and the rest.. So the fastest way to get their share is to return it to the owner and hopefully they might get applauded and given some amount of money... Just an indirect way of collecting their share... Still am not saying we don't have honest and good people, just saying most of this people returning money are not doing it with their church mind. Na for reward..

Baba forget.... When them no swear for me, how will i return dollars abi i dey mad. Those two airport security guys have been destined to be poor. Dollars wey i go dey change small small over a long period of time, the naira equivalent will not even go near my account and i willsell of the jewelries little by little in different locations over time. grin grin
Re: 2 Airport Security Guards Get N500k For Returning Missing Bag Filled With Dollar by mechanics(m): 9:49am On Aug 24, 2018
They have done well.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Are The Career Opportunity For A Sociologist In Nigeria. / Nigerian Millionaire Palm Wine Tapper Buys Benz, Builds Mansion / Uber Sacks 3,500 Employees Via A Zoom Call

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.