Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,656 members, 7,823,852 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:31 PM

Governor Adebayo Adefarati Of Ondo State Is Dead - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Adebayo Adefarati Of Ondo State Is Dead (5388 Views)

Late Gov Adefarati’s Son Loses Ondo APC Repsprimary / Political Violence At 5th Adebayo Adefarati Memorial Lecture In Ondo / Ad Presidential Candidate Adefarati Dies At 76/nigerian Tribune, Online Edition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Adebayo Adefarati Of Ondo State Is Dead by segoye2(m): 3:07pm On Mar 31, 2007
AKURE — THE Alliance for Democracy AD yesterday called for the postponement of the April elections following the demise of its presidential candidate, Chief Adebayo Adefarati. It has also declared a three-day mourning period nationwide following the death of the immediate past governor of Ondo State.

At an emergency meeting of the National Executive Committee (NEC) of the party held at Akungba-Akoko, home town of the late former governor of Ondo State, the party said it had written INEC on the death of its candidate and the party’s position in accordance with Section 37 (1) of the Electoral Act, 2006.

In a communiqué issued at the end of the meeting, the National Chairman of the party, Chief Mojisoluwa Akinfenwa said that, “As a democratic party with a pedigree, the AD is solidly committed to the forthcoming elections and as such has written to INEC stating our position in accordance with the provisions of the Electoral Act.

@ All,

I wonder what killed the great man, anyone gat info?
Re: Governor Adebayo Adefarati Of Ondo State Is Dead by Mamajama(m): 3:16pm On Mar 31, 2007
They are all crazy why didn't they do their home work to check the poor old man medical history to see if he was fit to stand for the position been appointed for?

Another KOLOMENTAL
Re: Governor Adebayo Adefarati Of Ondo State Is Dead by segoye2(m): 4:12pm On Mar 31, 2007
Huummmmmmmm, a man at 76 want to rule this country. I believe he would be 80 years @ the end of his tenure. I wonder what this so called top mentalist take this entire country for.

PDP is giving us someone that has unstable health condition.

AD sending in a great grand father, Abeg, I tire,

Thanks God I have no candidate am going to cast ma vote for, so, let them do it, as they always know how to do, let them select them ass selfs again.

Is only in Nigeria I discover that constitution can be changed because of the interest of any person, group of individual.

What a DEMo of crazy old generations.
Re: Governor Adebayo Adefarati Of Ondo State Is Dead by bobezey(m): 8:41pm On Apr 01, 2007
RIP baba !!!
He was a good man.
Re: Governor Adebayo Adefarati Of Ondo State Is Dead by OmoEko1(f): 12:57am On Apr 02, 2007
so who is running now for the Ondo State Gov
Re: Governor Adebayo Adefarati Of Ondo State Is Dead by otokx(m): 6:03am On Apr 02, 2007
This caption is misleading.
Re: Governor Adebayo Adefarati Of Ondo State Is Dead by Amabious(m): 4:44pm On Apr 04, 2007
Adebayo Adefarati is dead, I believe he would be 80 years before the end of his tenure. A man at 76 want to rule this country.

Oh!!!, who is running now for the Alliance for Democracy (AD) candidate in forthcoming presidential election in Nigeria now?.

Re: Governor Adebayo Adefarati Of Ondo State Is Dead by GeeCee(m): 5:24pm On Apr 04, 2007
I don't want to sound too harsh but believe you me i don't pity the man. If at 76 he still want to be the president. na wa for am. He should have understood from the start that his health can no longer take the rigours of campaign.
Also, if we still present a 76 year old man as our candidate, when will it be the turn of the young generation. They always say, the youths are the leaders of tomorrow but the million dollar question is "When is the tommorrow?"
Let the dead bury their dead!
Re: Governor Adebayo Adefarati Of Ondo State Is Dead by debosky(m): 5:27pm On Apr 04, 2007
we all knew he was never going to win, they just put him there for the sake of having a candidate - only 3 parties have genuine chances, all the rest are just running so they can call themselves 'former presidential aspirant'. you know Nigerians are title crazy

but its a pity though, if he had lived he could've mentored younger politicians (if so interested) but he had the basic 70 years, so its not that sad
Re: Governor Adebayo Adefarati Of Ondo State Is Dead by segoye2(m): 4:53am On Apr 07, 2007
RIP Adefarati.

When Adebayo was a governor of Ondo State, he never did something tangible or worth seeing for the state so I wonder why this whole episode of him comin in as president of this country is really comin into play. I think I still reserve the option of assessin AD as a party and want to say, from all indication, they failed their bid for choosing a presidential aspirant for themselve nd their entire political ground-nut. grin
Re: Governor Adebayo Adefarati Of Ondo State Is Dead by SuNnChNn(f): 6:36am On Jun 14, 2007
RIP
He will buried in few days and my dad, hmmm a common man is invited actually by one of his daughters. I am scared of allowing my dad to attend this funeral since it is shooting everywhere now in Ondo.
How i wish i can convince my papa of going to Ondo state?

May his soul continue to rest in peace.
Re: Governor Adebayo Adefarati Of Ondo State Is Dead by angel101(f): 12:11pm On Jun 14, 2007
He is only being buried now since march?! na wa o
Re: Governor Adebayo Adefarati Of Ondo State Is Dead by SuNnChNn(f): 7:39pm On Jun 14, 2007
Yar'Adua, govs, others to grace Adefarati's burial

By Dayo Johnson
Thursday, June 14, 2007

AKURE—PRESIDENT Umaru Musa Yar 'Adua, state governors, political leaders across the party levels and captains of industries are expected at the final funeral ceremony of the erstwhile governor of Ondo State and the Presidential candidate of the Alliance for Democracy (AD) Chief Adebayo Adefarati on Saturday, June 23.

advertisement

The President had earlier paid a condolence visit to the family at the thick of the preparation for the presidential election.

Chief Adefarati died on March 29 this year after a brief illness at the Federal Medical Center, FMC, in Owo.

Addressing newsmen in Akure yesterday the state Commissioner for Youths and Sports, Prince John Mafo flanked by two of the children of the deceased Tunde and Gboyega said that the ceremony would start this Saturday June 16 through 24 this year.

The commissioner added that members of the national and state Assemblies, political functionaries at the Federal and State levels, Officers of the Armed Forces, and clergymen across the country are amongst the personalities expected at the burial ceremony.

Mafo said that the state government would give the former governor a state burial and that the governor Dr Olusegun Agagu had set up a 37-member committee with membership from the government and the family of the deceased for effective burial programmee.

According to him, the committee after five weeks of planning has carefully put together a programme to guarantee a befitting burial and last honor for the deceased.

The final burial service will hold at Trinity Anglican Church Akungba Akoko while the interment follows at his residence on Saturday June 23 and on Sunday June 24 an outing service would hold at the Holy Trinity Anglican Church Akungba Akoko.

The late Adefarati was born on February 14, 1931 and was elected governor of the state on January 1999 until May 28 2003.

He was picked as the Presidential candidate of the AD for its April 21 Presidential election until death came calling. The late Adefarati was an educationist, politician, philanthropists and a sport administrator.
Re: Governor Adebayo Adefarati Of Ondo State Is Dead by DisGuy: 1:46am On Jun 15, 2007
SuNnChNn:

RIP
He will buried in few days and my dad, hmmm a common man is invited actually by one of his daughters. I am scared of allowing my dad to attend this funeral since it is shooting everywhere now in Ondo.
How i wish i can convince my papa of going to Ondo state?

May his soul continue to rest in peace.

well all is safe grin

Explosion rocks Osun, kills one
An explosion on Thursday rocked the Osun State government secretariat, causing the death of one person while another sustained injury. The incident occurred inside a Peugeot 505 saloon car with registration number, Ondo AL 850 NND at about 11:45 am in front of the state Ministry of Water Resources, a distance of about 200 metres from the office of the state governor. Though Governor Olagunsoye Oyinlola was not in the office when the explosion occurred, his deputy, Erelu Olusola Obada was around. Security was reportedly beefed up immediately after, as workers, staff and visitors alike scampered for safety. Both the state Commissioner of Police, Sulaiman Falai and the state Director of State Security Services (SSS) raced to the scene of the incident for proper co-ordination of security arrangements. Falai told newsmen that two of the three persons inside the vehicle had come out to off-load materials when the explosion occurred.
http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/breaking_news/article01

(1) (Reply)

2011: Elections Begins April 2 As Inec Rolls Out Fresh Timetable / IPOB, A Disaster For Biafra, By Chukwuemerie Uduchukwu- Premium Times / Sad But True About We Northerners [PICTURE]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.