Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,348 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

Visiting Nigeria With My Gf. . .any cheap places to stay? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Visiting Nigeria With My Gf. . .any cheap places to stay? (3098 Views)

Nigerian Man Banned From Work In The UK After Visiting Nigeria / Visiting Nigeria With Us Passport / Any Cheap Hotels In Abuja? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Visiting Nigeria With My Gf. . .any cheap places to stay? by Noigeeriaa: 1:34pm On Jun 26, 2010
She really wants to see her family after 6 years or something so I said ok let's go. This is goin to be expensive I guess. Can I find a semi decent hotel in Lagos for around $ 40 a night for a double room? I saw one hotel in Benin City for this price which is why I'm asking.

Also how much do you think we need for eating and drinking there 2 weeks?

We're both 22 so we are not planning to spend unnecessary since we don't have much

thanks nairaland
Re: Visiting Nigeria With My Gf. . .any cheap places to stay? by Noigeeriaa: 1:38pm On Jun 26, 2010
Also since I'm a European should I get any medication/injections against tropical dissease such as malaria?
Re: Visiting Nigeria With My Gf. . .any cheap places to stay? by Pweety4me(f): 1:40pm On Jun 26, 2010
Noigeeriaa:

Also since I'm a European should I get any medication/injections against tropical dissease such as malaria?
Every get's dat right?i mean medication 4 it. . .it has noffin 2 do wif u being European.
Re: Visiting Nigeria With My Gf. . .any cheap places to stay? by Noigeeriaa: 1:50pm On Jun 26, 2010
i guess so. i figured maybe if you already took it you get immune or something.
Re: Visiting Nigeria With My Gf. . .any cheap places to stay? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jun 26, 2010
and poster, am a frequent traveller to nigeria and hv loadged in more than 20 hotels including constantail hotel in benin city opposite the airport, and i will advice u that the $40 dollars per night hotel u are looking 4 may not be located in the main areas like Ikaja, ikoyi and Victoria island, and may also lack constant light, i knw a couple of them,two rooms but not with constant lights and located in where they called olodi-apapa, so if u decide just reply here wink
Re: Visiting Nigeria With My Gf. . .any cheap places to stay? by Noigeeriaa: 2:26pm On Jun 26, 2010
odiaero:

and poster, am a frequent traveller to nigeria and hv loadged in more than 20 hotels including constantail hotel in benin city opposite the airport, and i will advice u that the $40 dollars per night hotel u are looking 4 may not be located in the main areas like Ikaja, ikoyi and Victoria island, and may also lack constant light, i knw a couple of them,two rooms but not with constant lights and located in where they called olodi-apapa, so if u decide just reply here wink

what about the Motel Benin Plaza? It has good reviews from American travellers and is about $40 per night

Address: MOTEL BENIN PLAZA, 1A, Reservation Road, G. R. A., Benin City

how to get from Lagos airport to that place tho lol
Re: Visiting Nigeria With My Gf. . .any cheap places to stay? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jun 26, 2010
Noigeeriaa:

what about the Motel Benin Plaza? It has good reviews from American travellers and is about $40 per night

Address: MOTEL BENIN PLAZA, 1A, Reservation Road, G. R. A., Benin City

how to get from Lagos airport to that place tho lol
well, that is motel and guess wht, hotels in benin are cheaper than lagos hotels.

to get to there, just take a flight from lagos to benin, in benin airports, u get a car hire and they knw where u are talking about
Re: Visiting Nigeria With My Gf. . .any cheap places to stay? by Noigeeriaa: 2:44pm On Jun 26, 2010
odiaero:

well, that is motel and guess wht, hotels in benin are cheaper than lagos hotels.

to get to there, just take a flight from lagos to benin, in benin airports, u get a car hire and they knw where u are talking about

It's odd actually, her family is living in Benin City yet she wants to stay in Lagos. She says Benin City is too dangerous especially if you are white. But then she would have her brother driver her all the way from Lagos to Benin City and stuff. Doesn't make sense just looking at the map that looks like it could be 300km.

And what exactly is the difference between a motel and a hotel, practically speaking?
Re: Visiting Nigeria With My Gf. . .any cheap places to stay? by Noigeeriaa: 2:50pm On Jun 26, 2010
Also if anyone has an idea what's the price to rent a cheap car for 2 weeks?

thanks a lot

cool
Re: Visiting Nigeria With My Gf. . .any cheap places to stay? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jun 26, 2010
Noigeeriaa:

It's odd actually, her family is living in Benin City yet she wants to stay in Lagos. She says Benin City is too dangerous especially if you are white. But then she would have her brother driver her all the way from Lagos to Benin City and stuff. Doesn't make sense just looking at the map that looks like it could be 300km.

And what exactly is the difference between a motel and a hotel, practically speaking?
ye dengerous not only 4 white, but if u ride flashy cars also, that is why am scared driving to benin city and only loadge in Constantial
Hotel opposite th airport there is i decide to fly to benin.

i do not knw how much care hire 4 two weeks cost
Re: Visiting Nigeria With My Gf. . .any cheap places to stay? by queeneve: 3:46pm On Jun 26, 2010
They got white nigerians? shocked
Re: Visiting Nigeria With My Gf. . .any cheap places to stay? by chelseabmw(m): 7:35pm On Jun 27, 2010
@poster
am staying in benin.if u need help let me know
Re: Visiting Nigeria With My Gf. . .any cheap places to stay? by chelseabmw(m): 7:39pm On Jun 27, 2010
odiaero:

ye dengerous not only 4 white, but if u ride flashy cars also, that is why am scared driving to benin city and only loadge in Constantial
Hotel opposite th airport there is i decide to fly to benin.

i do not knw how much care hire 4 two weeks cost

Pls stop giving this poster fake news.Benin is as safe as any thing.Everything is working fine right now
Re: Visiting Nigeria With My Gf. . .any cheap places to stay? by chelseabmw(m): 7:40pm On Jun 27, 2010
@poster
lit out the things nu need i will be able to help u out
Re: Visiting Nigeria With My Gf. . .any cheap places to stay? by Nobody: 9:07am On Jun 28, 2010
queeneve:

They got white nigerians? shocked
Yes! Got enough white Nigerians! We cal them ALBINO! Hehehehe.
@poster, u'll get a decent hotel wit that amt in Ikeja. Dnt knw much bout Benin though.
Re: Visiting Nigeria With My Gf. . .any cheap places to stay? by DisGuy: 8:58pm On Jun 28, 2010
Re: Visiting Nigeria With My Gf. . .any cheap places to stay? by james1(m): 9:46pm On Jun 28, 2010
@poster.let chelseabmw help you and odiaro too.what odiaro said about flashy car and stuff is true.
But you have not made up your mind where you want to stay,lagos or benin?
Don't drive to benin,fly.don't parade yourself in a flashy style while in Benin.just be like a regular guy.
As for car hire and latest hotel rates around obalende,ikoyi,I will let you know tomorrow.
Re: Visiting Nigeria With My Gf. . .any cheap places to stay? by OmoAlata(f): 10:11pm On Jun 28, 2010
Noigeeriaa:

You should get holiday jabs. It's recommended about 6 weeks before you travel. We are travelling to Lagos next month and we've all got the jabs - some are free, some you have to pay for - we paid for the Yellow Fever jab - the Hep, thyphoid and tetanus jabs were free. If you don't get the jabs, it could invalidate your travel insurance if you fall ill wink

Can't help you re: the hotels but good luck. Have you booked your flights yet? Do it sooner rather than later, as with the schools closing soon for the summer, the flights will soar (forgive the pun).

Also, don't forget to visit the Nigeria High Commission for your visas shocked and good luck there also grin
Re: Visiting Nigeria With My Gf. . .any cheap places to stay? by Noigeeriaa: 11:34am On Jun 30, 2010
To the posters who mentioned one should not drive but fly from Lagos to Benin City. Wouldn't it be a big waste of money to fly several times from Lagos to Benin City to visit her family who lives in Benin City, just for the sake of staying in Lagos? Wouldn't it make more sense to get a hotel in Benin City then?

My gf's reasoning was that Benin City is too dangerous to stay, but she is not very well informed herself she admitted. (She left years ago when she was still a teenager and hasn't gone there since) So what do you guys think?

Thanks for the Ikeja suggestion, what area in Benin City would be recommended if I decided to stay in Benin City?

Thanks for the great input so far smiley
Re: Visiting Nigeria With My Gf. . .any cheap places to stay? by Noigeeriaa: 11:16pm On Jun 30, 2010
I bought the tickets today for september. Got a pretty good price with a good airline.

Thanks for the tip about getting the travel passports and VISA (they said you have to pay a 2000USD fine in Nigeria if you arrive without visa grin )

My gf still has Nigerian nationality, does she require a visa?
Re: Visiting Nigeria With My Gf. . .any cheap places to stay? by OmoAlata(f): 9:36am On Jul 01, 2010
Noigeeriaa:

My gf still has Nigerian nationality, does she require a visa?

Not if she has a Nigerian passport wink
Re: Visiting Nigeria With My Gf. . .any cheap places to stay? by chelseabmw(m): 10:30am On Jul 01, 2010
u can stay in prest motel.its okay and it is very cheap.You will have rest of mind there and it's good for foreigner's like u.Though the hotel is old but it's okay.The rooms varies from 4,500 to 5,000.Also at benin airport you will see lots of hotel attendant at the departure hall of the airport.Hope this helps.I can be of great help to you guys when u arrive.

Cheers!
Re: Visiting Nigeria With My Gf. . .any cheap places to stay? by Noigeeriaa: 10:40pm On Jul 01, 2010
chelseabmw:

u can stay in prest motel.its okay and it is very cheap.You will have rest of mind there and it's good for foreigner's like u.Though the hotel is old but it's okay.The rooms varies from 4,500 to 5,000.Also at benin airport you will see lots of hotel attendant at the departure hall of the airport.Hope this helps.I can be of great help to you guys when u arrive.

Cheers!

Hi, thanks for the info smiley

Is this prest hotel in Lagos or Benin City? Because she is having very strong feelings about wanting to stay in Lagos, not Benin City "because benin city is too dangerous"

I wonder if this is actually true but I've never been there so  grin

edit: sorry, I already found it, prest motel is in Benin City :p

seems like the cheap hotels are in Benin City, any of those in Lagos? thanks smiley
Re: Visiting Nigeria With My Gf. . .any cheap places to stay? by chelseabmw(m): 2:34am On Jul 12, 2010
the prest hotel is in benin city.It's at the airport road in benin city.Rooms here ranges from $32 to $80.So u see,u will spend less rather thn paying over $100 per one night in lagos.Just to let u know that benin is not dangerous
Re: Visiting Nigeria With My Gf. . .any cheap places to stay? by chelseabmw(m): 2:48am On Jul 12, 2010
Re: Visiting Nigeria With My Gf. . .any cheap places to stay? by hotbizStan: 5:44pm On Jul 12, 2010
You can call up many Lagos hotels or any other hotel in any state in Nigeria, by simply checking up their addresses, phone numbers and even their website at this site: http://tourismhotspotnigeria.com/WhereToStay.aspx . Ask them what they have and have the final say on which one you want to stay in.
Re: Visiting Nigeria With My Gf. . .any cheap places to stay? by snowdrops(m): 9:53pm On Jul 12, 2010
@ chelseabmw

do you know the rates for constantial hotels?

(1) (Reply)

International Students Will Be Allowed To Stay In The UK For Two Years After Gra / Colombia Evisa Payment !!!HELP!!!! / How Much Does It Cost To Relocate To The UK?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.