Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,402 members, 7,815,876 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

My In Law Disrespectful Attitudes - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My In Law Disrespectful Attitudes (2989 Views)

7 Attitudes That Will Keep You Poor Forever / 12 Contrasting attitudes Many Nigerian Men Exhibit In Marriage.Right or Wrong / Man Impregnates His Mother-In-Law In Nasarawa (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My In Law Disrespectful Attitudes by tboy2233: 9:20am On Aug 24, 2018
Re: My In Law Disrespectful Attitudes by emmaokw(m): 9:34am On Aug 24, 2018
Truth be told, she's arrogant but assuming you don't have any other place to go, won't you keep enduring it?

3 Likes

Re: My In Law Disrespectful Attitudes by ITbomb(m): 9:50am On Aug 24, 2018
That's the truth about life that they never taught you in school
When you don't have a job, someone will find you a job, problem is - you won't like it.

So get useful, challenge yourself, save money to get a room. Stop seeing yourself as "if I can't stay with my brother, I will stay with my mother", why not stay alone

13 Likes

Re: My In Law Disrespectful Attitudes by Olifiz(m): 9:53am On Aug 24, 2018
U don’t have anything doing there. The work u went for is not forth coming n might not even come. So u said u left ur house because u argue too much about politics n u come home late n all that cult ish. See en u are 28 years old u are matured enough to make good n sound decisions for urself. Get urself disciplined as respects towards ur arguing ish control urself n stop stayin out too late. I’m sayin all this cos u should go back to ur family house. It’s ur life n it’s important to u. Just caution urself. because if u stay in ur bros house on day u n he’s wife will fight n she will never be wrong irrespective of whatever happened so just leave. God bless u. Even if u explain to ur bro don’t expect him to do anything much he will only beg u to be calm, so on ur part so as not to cause ish wit husband n wife just leave

14 Likes

Re: My In Law Disrespectful Attitudes by tboy2233: 10:28am On Aug 24, 2018
ITbomb:
That's the truth about life that they never taught you in school
When you don't have a job, someone will find you a job, problem is - you won't like it.

So get useful, challenge yourself, save money to get a room. Stop seeing yourself as "if I can't stay with my brother, I will stay with my mother", why not stay alone
you know I can only consider staying alone after the one year compulsory nysc,so the best thing for me now is to go back to my family, my mom is even angry and order me to start coming back when she heard everything from my sister who came for a short visit
Re: My In Law Disrespectful Attitudes by tboy2233: 10:29am On Aug 24, 2018
Olifiz:
U don’t have anything doing there. The work u went for is not forth coming n might not even come. So u said u left ur house because u argue too much about politics n u come home late n all that cult ish. See en u are 28 years old u are matured enough to make good n sound decisions for urself. Get urself disciplined as respects towards ur arguing ish control urself n stop stayin out too late. I’m sayin all this cos u should go back to ur family house. It’s ur life n it’s important to u. Just caution urself. because if u stay in ur bros house on day u n he’s wife will fight n she will never be wrong irrespective of whatever happened so just leave. God bless u. Even if u explain to ur bro don’t expect him to do anything much he will only beg u to be calm, so on ur part so as not to cause ish wit husband n wife just leave
you're too much thanks!
Re: My In Law Disrespectful Attitudes by tboy2233: 10:31am On Aug 24, 2018
Olifiz:
already planning to do that but I want to wait for my brother to come so that the issue will not lead to a fight between them
Re: My In Law Disrespectful Attitudes by tboy2233: 10:33am On Aug 24, 2018
emmaokw:
Truth be told, she's arrogant but assuming you don't have any other place to go, won't you keep enduring it?

in this case I have a place to go and feel comfortable more than I am now thanks
Re: My In Law Disrespectful Attitudes by adontcare(f): 11:48am On Aug 24, 2018
Some women are just like that. They don't like any of dia husband family member in dia house. I will advice u to leave as soon as ur bro got back.

3 Likes

Re: My In Law Disrespectful Attitudes by tboy2233: 12:52pm On Aug 24, 2018
adontcare:
Some women are just like that. They don't like any of dia husband family member in dia house. I will advice u to leave as soon as ur bro got back.
I will do that, but I want to inform him about my leaving without raising suspicion cuz my Bro won't take it likely if he get to know about her persistence nagging in d past and the one that happened yesterday thanks
Re: My In Law Disrespectful Attitudes by romenna: 3:08pm On Aug 24, 2018
wait a minute!
At 28, u neva do NYSC?
hmmm i laff u in spanish language
guy u r sleepin on a bicycle!
wake up! wake up!

5 Likes

Re: My In Law Disrespectful Attitudes by Chubhie: 3:23pm On Aug 24, 2018
It's difficult being a woman. Don't aggravate or add to her problems.

Move away in such manner that wouldn't bring friction between your bro and his wife and the way your mum sees her.

Learn the lessons about self respect, love and forgiveness. Work yourself to a position of power so nobody can look down on you.

Everyone deserves all the happiness they can get.

1 Like

Re: My In Law Disrespectful Attitudes by Chubhie: 3:30pm On Aug 24, 2018
romenna:
wait a minute!
At 28, u neva do NYSC?
wake up! wake up!
Show respect to his personal evolution. He would eventually build his own home, drive his cars and marry a beautiful lady. if this is what you call success and happiness. All these things are capable of happening in less than one year.

Allow the young man to develop at his own pace.

32 Likes

Re: My In Law Disrespectful Attitudes by romenna: 3:42pm On Aug 24, 2018
Chubhie:

Show respect to his personal evolution. He would eventually build his own home, drive his cars and marry a beautiful lady. if this is what you call success and happiness. All these things are capable of happening in less than one year.

he is presently not prepared to evolve wit d kind of tins dat occupies his mind.
arguing abot politics, keeping late nights not because of work or hustling, mood mismanagement etc.
the truth is sometimes harsh n bitter

6 Likes

Re: My In Law Disrespectful Attitudes by yvelchstores(f): 3:42pm On Aug 24, 2018
Chubhie:

I tire o. Not everyone had the opportunity to get admission on time. Doesn't mean he will be last in life. My pastor always says, first to start is not always first to finish. The race is not to the swift

8 Likes

Re: My In Law Disrespectful Attitudes by menix(m): 3:47pm On Aug 24, 2018
@OP...

1. U re a cultist, ur mum is aware, Why fear death when u know whatz up.
2. Why dive into politically issues knowing Fully well its not safe for u, why not change if u think U re matured....
3. U think staying with inlaws re easy U must be dreaming, just that if ur story is true, ur Sister inlaw is childish..
4. This is advise with option, stay put but ur ego in checks cous I ve been there or go back home but u must amend ur wayz...

Goodluck..

2 Likes

Re: My In Law Disrespectful Attitudes by romenna: 3:47pm On Aug 24, 2018
yvelchstores:
I tire o. Not everyone had the opportunity to get admission on time. Doesn't mean he will be last in life. My pastor always says, first to start is not always first to finish. The race is not to the swift
sorry i was harsh wit words, i'm naturally hard on myself because to live the good life is not so simple.
Re: My In Law Disrespectful Attitudes by Chubhie: 3:54pm On Aug 24, 2018
romenna:
he is presently not prepared to evolve wit d kind of tins dat occupies his mind.
arguing abot politics, keeping late nights not because of work or hustling, mood mismanagement etc.
the truth is sometimes harsh n bitter
I agree with you. Now you've brought those bad habits to his attention, I believe he would make the necessary changes.

We all helping to propel his ministry to permanent site. Cheers.
Re: My In Law Disrespectful Attitudes by Chubhie: 3:55pm On Aug 24, 2018
yvelchstores:
Absolutely Milady.
Re: My In Law Disrespectful Attitudes by romenna: 4:05pm On Aug 24, 2018
Chubhie:

I agree with you. Now you've brought those bad habits to his attention, I believe he would make the necessary changes.

We all helping to propel his ministry to permanent site. Cheers.
grin
Re: My In Law Disrespectful Attitudes by tboy2233: 4:14pm On Aug 24, 2018
romenna:
wait a minute!
At 28, u neva do NYSC?
wake up! wake up!
I did a pre degree and was given another five years course,the incessant strike by both national ASUU and the state level which sometimes goes about 7-8month doesn't help the situation
Re: My In Law Disrespectful Attitudes by tboy2233: 4:15pm On Aug 24, 2018
Chubhie:
It's difficult being a woman. Don't aggravate or add to her problems.

Move away in such manner that wouldn't being friction between your bro and his wife and the way your mum sees her.

Learn the lessons about self respect, love and forgiveness. Work yourself to a position of power so nobody can look down on you.

Everyone deserves all the happiness they can get.
thank u!
Re: My In Law Disrespectful Attitudes by Nobody: 4:19pm On Aug 24, 2018
tboy2233:

you know I can only consider staying alone after the one year compulsory nysc,so the best thing for me now is to go back to my family, my mom is even angry and order me to start coming back when she heard everything from my sister who came for a short visit

NYSC is around the corner right?

Stay there with your brother. This is an opportunity to learn humility.

I'm guessing your brother's wife is older than you.

Apologize to her. Help out more around the house. She's your wife too. Try and be good towards her.if she's a nasty person, bear it patiently.

When you eventually have a job and your boss is nasty what are you going to do? Run away to your mom in Ekiti?

Take your stay in your brother's house as a lesson on how to manage difficult people and difficult situations.

You won't stay with them forever will you?

After you leave there, when next she sees you her respect for you will be triple fold.

Also, you aren't allowed to speak ill of your brother's wife to your family or even to your brother.

6 Likes

Re: My In Law Disrespectful Attitudes by tboy2233: 4:22pm On Aug 24, 2018
menix:
@OP...

1. U re a cultist, ur mum is aware, Why fear death when u know whatz up.
2. Why dive into politically issues knowing Fully well its not safe for u, why not change if u think U re matured....
3. U think staying with inlaws re easy U must be dreaming, just that if ur story is true, ur Sister inlaw is childish..
4. This is advise with option, stay put but ur ego in checks cous I ve been there or go back home but u must amend ur wayz...

Goodluck..
I'm not a cultist,she's just being paranoid cuz young boys are getting shot almost every weeks.thanks
Re: My In Law Disrespectful Attitudes by tboy2233: 4:29pm On Aug 24, 2018
Ioannes:

NYSC is around the corner right?

Stay there with your brother. This is an opportunity to learn humility.

I'm guessing your brother's wife is older than you.

Apologize to her. Help out more around the house. She's your wife too. Try and be good towards her.if she's a nasty person, bear it patiently.

When you eventually have a job and your boss is nasty what are you going to do? Run away to your mom in Ekiti?

Take your stay in your brother's house as a lesson on how to manage difficult people and difficult situations.

You won't stay with them forever will you?

After you leave there, when next she sees you her respect for you will be triple fold.

Also, you aren't allowed to speak ill of your brother's wife to your family or even to your brother.

I would have try to endure everything had it been I was able to achieve the number one reason for coming here ,I think she just want me to look after the kids and do shores, I don't want to waste my precious time here since I can do something back home,I have difficulty to deals with people that are very proud, so to avoid future wahala, I want to leave without telling my Bro what has really happened

3 Likes

Re: My In Law Disrespectful Attitudes by romenna: 4:32pm On Aug 24, 2018
tboy2233:

I did a pre degree and was given another five years course,the incessant strike by both national ASUU and the state level which sometimes goes about 7-8month doesn't help the situation
alright here is my word to u, man to man.
To be honest wit u bro, u r running behind schedule, so no time to argue abt politics that will not put money in ur pocket, no late nights except u r working and making money at night, no time for frivolities bro!
u r now a man! i dnt want to start comparing or wateva but u dnt hav any biz bn under anyone's roof at 28! that really shocked me.
make sure to never return home after service, as a matter of urgency, u need an EXIT STRATEGY FROM HOME DURING UR NYSC.
best of luck to u. cheers

3 Likes

Re: My In Law Disrespectful Attitudes by tboy2233: 4:37pm On Aug 24, 2018
romenna:
alright here is my word to u, man to man.
To be honest wit u bro, u r running behind schedule, so no time to argue abt politics that will not put money in ur pocket, no late nights except u r working and making money at night, no time for frivolities bro!
u r now a man! i dnt want to start comparing or wateva but u dnt hav any biz bn under anyone's roof at 28! that really shocked me.
make sure to never return home after service, as a matter of urgency, u need an EXIT STRATEGY FROM HOME DURING UR NYSC.
best of luck to u. cheers
thanks bro,I don't have plan to come back after nysc to be eating momma food
Re: My In Law Disrespectful Attitudes by Nobody: 4:47pm On Aug 24, 2018
tboy2233:

I would have try to endure everything had it been I was able to achieve the number one reason for coming here ,I think she just want me to look after the kids and do shores, I don't want to waste my precious time here since I can do something back home,I have difficulty to deals with people that are very proud, so to avoid future wahala, I want to leave without telling my Bro what has really happened

Leaving like that will create bad blood between you and your brother. You will need your brother later in life if not now. Don't leave without his consent.

You say you have difficulty dealing with people that are proud. Do you know why? Because you are also proud. Maybe too proud. That's why I said earlier that your stay in your brother's house till NYSC is a means to imbibe humility.

I caught on with that conclusion that you are proud from your original post.

Anyway, you said you're 28, ultimately the choice is yours to make. I am giving you an advice as someone who has been in such a situation before.

Getting a job before NYSC isn't all that easy. No one wants to employ someone who's going to run off in some few months. Unless you get employed through man-know-man, the first thing they are going to ask you is your NYSC discharge certificate.

Your mother knows what she saw before asking you to leave that vicinity. Mothers are almost divine. What if you go back and something bad happens to you?

They'll say, "but we told him..."

The choice is yours though.

4 Likes

Re: My In Law Disrespectful Attitudes by tboy2233: 4:53pm On Aug 24, 2018
Ioannes:

Leaving like that will create bad blood between you and your brother. You will need your brother later in life if not now. Don't leave without his consent.

You say you have difficulty dealing with people that are proud. Do you know why? Because you are also proud. Maybe too proud. That's why I said earlier that your stay in your brother's house till NYSC is a means to imbibe humility.

I caught on with that conclusion that you are proud from your original post.

Anyway, you said you're 28, ultimately the choice is yours to make. I am giving you an advice as someone who has been in such a situation before.

Getting a job before NYSC isn't all that easy. No one wants to employ someone who's going to run off in some few months. Unless you get employed through man-know-man, the first thing they are going to ask you is your NYSC discharge certificate.

Your mother knows what she saw before asking you to leave that vicinity. Mothers are almost divine. What if you go back and something bad happens to you?

They'll say, "but we told him..."

The choice is yours though.
thank you
Re: My In Law Disrespectful Attitudes by Nobody: 4:58pm On Aug 24, 2018
tboy2233:

thank you

You welcome.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Files For Divorce As DNA Reveals His 'lookalike' Children Aren't His (photo) / 10 Amazing Interior Decor Tips, You Didn't Know About How To Decorate Your Home / orphanage Nigeria ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.