Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,560 members, 7,823,476 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

Jonathan Under Pressure To Dump Bankole - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Under Pressure To Dump Bankole (3358 Views)

Jonathan Under Pressure To Sack IGP / Jonathan Under-pressure To Sack Stella Oduah / Jonathan Under Pressure To Dump Tukur (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Under Pressure To Dump Bankole by sammyzacks(m): 4:10pm On Jun 26, 2010
President Goodluck Jonathan is reportedly under pressure to withdraw his perceived support for the embattled Speaker of the House of Representatives, Dimeji Bankole and his deputy, Bayero Nafada, by allowing the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) to prosecute them over their reported indictment in the alleged N2.3 billion car scam rocking the lower chamber for almost one and a half years.

Chairman of the anti-corruption commission, Mrs. Farida Waziri, had disclosed that the final investigative report on the alleged scam had been sent to the presidency when late President Umaru Yar’Adua was still in the saddle for further directive, since the order to investigate the alleged scam came from the presidency through the office of the National Security Adviser (NSA).

http://tribune.com.ng/sat/index.php/front-page-articles/1418-jonathan-under-pressure-to-dump-bankole-deputy.html
Re: Jonathan Under Pressure To Dump Bankole by Acidosis(m): 4:47pm On Jun 26, 2010
These men will surely bribe their way through.
Re: Jonathan Under Pressure To Dump Bankole by SapeleGuy: 6:07pm On Jun 26, 2010
sammyzacks:

Chairman of the anti-corruption commission, Mrs. Farida Waziri, had disclosed that the final investigative report on the alleged scam had been sent to the presidency when late President Umaru Yar’Adua was still in the saddle for further directive, since the order to investigate the alleged scam came from the presidency through the office of the National Security Adviser (NSA).

http://tribune.com.ng/sat/index.php/front-page-articles/1418-jonathan-under-pressure-to-dump-bankole-deputy.html

Is this not abuse of process? Nah presidency dey judge corruption case abi nah court? Go on, blame Yara dua. 419 woman, afterall the dead can no longer talk.
Re: Jonathan Under Pressure To Dump Bankole by Ikengawo: 6:09pm On Jun 26, 2010
dumping bankole isn't in jonathans reach of power. he's a president not a king or dictator.
Re: Jonathan Under Pressure To Dump Bankole by Nchara: 6:33pm On Jun 26, 2010
Bankole  is easily the most corrupt Nigerian on the scene right now. He should be given the Tafa Balogun and Bode Gorge treatment. Birds of the same clime.
Re: Jonathan Under Pressure To Dump Bankole by chelseabmw(m): 2:35am On Jun 27, 2010
^^^^^^^^^^^

Seconded!
Re: Jonathan Under Pressure To Dump Bankole by oge4real(f): 2:49am On Jun 27, 2010
Bankole should just bow out in shame before he is ousted.
Re: Jonathan Under Pressure To Dump Bankole by davidif: 2:53am On Jun 27, 2010
[size=18pt]WHAT A COUNTRY?!?!?!?!? THE JUDICIAL ARM OF THE GOVT. MUST BE ABSOLUTELY INDEPENDENT! WHY DO THEY NEED JONATHAN'S PERMISSION? THIS IS ANNOYING. [/size]
Re: Jonathan Under Pressure To Dump Bankole by EzeUche(m): 2:54am On Jun 27, 2010
Impeach the bastardo!
Re: Jonathan Under Pressure To Dump Bankole by Onyema1(m): 3:50am On Jun 27, 2010
Oge4real please remove that profile picture it makes me feel cold smiley
Re: Jonathan Under Pressure To Dump Bankole by Kobojunkie: 4:35am On Jun 27, 2010
Why does the house care if Jonathan has a thing for Bankole or not? Aren't they all supposed to serve the interest of Nigerian people? Isn't this the same Jonathan who impeached all his ministers for supposedly choosing to serve the interest of the dead president and not that of the Nigerian people ?
Re: Jonathan Under Pressure To Dump Bankole by akwaowoudo(m): 5:52am On Jun 27, 2010
Pressure or not; Bankole must be held by the throat and forced to vomit our eggs he swallowed.
Re: Jonathan Under Pressure To Dump Bankole by evil666(m): 6:27am On Jun 27, 2010
Is EFCC supposed to need 'go ahead' from the president to fight corruption? if so the president is actually the 'chairman of EFCC'. No wonder in Nigeria its only the ppl againt the president/his admisteration are known to be corrupt. None of their loyalists are ever found wanting.
I think i have lose faith in this country,
our press are even the 'mad-ess' ppl,
are they not suppose to cry out loud and say this process is bad,
na God go help us 4 this country
Re: Jonathan Under Pressure To Dump Bankole by jamace(m): 6:36am On Jun 27, 2010
Tell that woman hidding under dark goggles to stop using the name of Uncle Jonathan in vain. She has been lawfully empowered to deal with criminals. If she feels incapable, she should honourably say so and quit. Nonsense! angry
Re: Jonathan Under Pressure To Dump Bankole by MurphyG1(m): 9:15am On Jun 27, 2010
I dnt blame her. We are in Nigeria. I guess she's being careful on whose toes she steps on. She's probably scared of being tossed out of office. grin
Re: Jonathan Under Pressure To Dump Bankole by Rmc1(m): 9:16am On Jun 27, 2010
Since when did the executive start perfoming the role of the judiciary in a demo-crazy? EFCC NA WA 4 UNAOO
Re: Jonathan Under Pressure To Dump Bankole by KnowAll(m): 9:35am On Jun 27, 2010
[size=14pt]Bankole was part of the Cabals, to hold on to him is like Jesus holding on to Judas. The man would put the knife-IN on Jonathan at the slightest opportunity. That boy was a political novice b4 he became the speaker, and political novice he shall return to. I will not trust that ingrate with my N10.00 let alone the nations finances. Just like Ebebi Deputy GOV OF Bayelsa, Jonathan must close shop to Mr Bankole, he should be back in our fold as citizen Bankole very soon,  the earlier the better.

Just remember Citizen McCain after he lost the Preisdential election to Obama, there was a peice in CNN on McCain, Candidate McCain was seen driving his people's carrier into his garage as citizen McCain, stripped of the limelight and the convening brou-ha-ha, just that Abeokuta is not ready to welcome Citizen Bankole, perharps Katsina might do, his adopted Aunt Turai might be a good shoulder to lean on.[/size] undecided
Re: Jonathan Under Pressure To Dump Bankole by jposuagwu: 9:48am On Jun 27, 2010
We are watching Jonathan. We shall see whether his pronouncements on anticorruption is a makebelief or not. I just hope Yaradua wont be better than him. Yar'Adua lost his credibility because of his romance with corrupt people. Jonathan take heed and beware!
Re: Jonathan Under Pressure To Dump Bankole by Emperoh(m): 10:14am On Jun 27, 2010
I am actually miffed the EFCC will need the presidency's go ahead to prosecute Bankole!
What da Bleep!!

BTW, those crying foul are not clean!! They were part of the eat and clean mouth until they were booted out of
Committe sharing role!! So they should investigate those dudes and tell us their role in the whole saga!

As for Bankole, i am totally disappointed in the dude!! Alani Bankole his father was a respectable man
and i reckon this 'boy' should represent the voice of the new age and the youth and here is he messing up!!

Nigerians aren't we in trouble?
Re: Jonathan Under Pressure To Dump Bankole by aikokoro: 11:16am On Jun 27, 2010
we r in real deep shit in this country! the wisdom is just to steal all you can but never Bleep with the guy in power! grin grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan Under Pressure To Dump Bankole by youngies(m): 11:48am On Jun 27, 2010
Bankole is a drowning man trying desperately to hold onto any available straw he can lay his filthy fingers on, including dragging uncle Jonathan's name into the fray.

The clock is ticking and the prison gate continue to beckon.
Re: Jonathan Under Pressure To Dump Bankole by mygee33(m): 11:59am On Jun 27, 2010
We are still growing in our democracy.
[b][size=8pt][size=8pt]Normally, the Artorney Generals office should not be with the Minister for Justice[/size][/size][/b]d
The AGF is supposed to be independent, controls the EFCC and other agencies and not the PRESIDENT.
What happens if the president is corrupt
Re: Jonathan Under Pressure To Dump Bankole by seanet02: 12:32pm On Jun 27, 2010
@emperoh, did i hear you said alani bankole the speakers father is a respectable man lol. He is one of those election riggers in the country right from the time of npn, i am from Abeokuta and know him probably more than you. Its like father like son.
Re: Jonathan Under Pressure To Dump Bankole by Becomrich0: 12:41pm On Jun 27, 2010
you people make me laugh, jonathan can not constitutional remove bankole, even bankole can remove the EFCC chairman waziri without jonathan help., the constitution also allow rep to remove jonathan. jonathan has no power to touch bankole. bankole can fire the police boss. democracy power is in the hand of david mark and bankole. not jonathan.

jonathan should not allow coup ploters to decieve him. na upland coup. jonathan should ignore it.
Re: Jonathan Under Pressure To Dump Bankole by snowdrops(m): 12:44pm On Jun 27, 2010
Becomrich0:

you people make me laugh, jonathan can not constitutional remove bankole, even bankole can remove the EFCC chairman waziri without jonathan help., the constitution also allow rep to remove jonathan. jonathan has no power to touch bankole. bankole can fire the police boss. democracy power is in the hand of david mark and bankole. not jonathan.

jonathan should not allow coup ploters to decieve him. na upland coup. jonathan should ignore it.
In a way i agree with you. I beleive the whole plot is more complex than it appears.

I smell power struggle here. OBJ seems to be the focus of the brohaha. He has a hand in any and every thing these days.
Re: Jonathan Under Pressure To Dump Bankole by bisiaet: 12:46pm On Jun 27, 2010
It will be so dissappointing if Bankole end up be convict of this scam it will highest order of dissappointment, so it  means the reason Bankole was a die hard supporter of Yardua then was because of this scam to swept under the carpet? And I think the last hour is tickling on Bankole and all the so called member of House of Confusion because not only Bankole will go but so many of them will have to be expose and remove.

And by saying putting presure on Jonathan to dump Bankole sound somehow a shock do Jonathan need to be presure to charge anybody for corruption? I dont think Jonathan should be link with this if the anti-corruption agency feel they want to go for Bankole and the rest I think they should go and do their job and unviel all of them to public and prosecute them. But what I will say is that the EFCC should not only go for Bankole and his supporters but total sanity is what we need both his supporte and the opponet all must be investigated from the very day they became senator till date.

EFCC cant claim to be fighting corruption only on leadership alone all of them are corrupt Both Bakole and the Melaye's gang should be thoroughly investigated because we knew where they are , whom they are before becoming a senator and we know where they are now so Nigerian need explanation from them all.
Re: Jonathan Under Pressure To Dump Bankole by IRAPADA(m): 1:25pm On Jun 27, 2010
Why is it that we have not seen a politician in nigeria resign from office,on cnn u wil hear smone resign in uk,usa even SA because political scandal bt not here in my country
Re: Jonathan Under Pressure To Dump Bankole by amefi(m): 1:48pm On Jun 27, 2010
'let anyone without a sin cast the first stone'
Re: Jonathan Under Pressure To Dump Bankole by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jun 27, 2010
Sometimes, I agrees with Becomerich and his posts on this thread is one.

For all those that cannot see beyond their noses on this forum and are shouting "crucify him". Very soon you shall wake up and smell the coffee.

Dimeji is not the target of this whole gamut of politics and the actual fact of the matter is that all these so called progressives actually got their share of the car purchase price differentials but it a bit diificult to prove by the house leadership because payments were made in cash to everybody.

At the end of the day, they may get their wish of getting rid of Dimeji, but I bet you all of them involve will suffer and regret.
Re: Jonathan Under Pressure To Dump Bankole by anonimi: 3:54pm On Jun 27, 2010
bankole usually means help me build house but this speaker don change im own to help me rob house literally with his shameless stealing ways.
the ridiculous thing is the useless young man did not learn from his predecessor- Etteh's- downfall. He probably thought so long as he takes many along in his stealing ways all is well. He has forgotten that people are getting slowly wiser by teh day that all this individual stealing to share some crumbs to a few others to keep quiet does not help anyone in teh long run.
its a big shame that young people are just as bad thieves as teh old ones except MAYBE for Fashola if you remove the Tinubu factor.
Re: Jonathan Under Pressure To Dump Bankole by terryjohn7: 4:04pm On Jun 27, 2010
i think we need God intervention

(1) (2) (Reply)

Shoprite Store In Ib Met Its Revenue Projection For 6 Months In Less Than 8weeks / How I Suddenly Started Loving The Igbos – Tyrano Tsunami. / Tomorrow Is Operation Kick Willie Out.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.