Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,499 members, 7,830,506 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

Samuel Ortom: 'Fulani Herdsmen Are Planning To Kidnap And Kill Me' - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Samuel Ortom: 'Fulani Herdsmen Are Planning To Kidnap And Kill Me' (22687 Views)

Samuel Ortom Defects From APC To PDP / It’s Not Fair To Fulani If Herdsmen Are Declared Terrorists – Miyetti Allah / Danjuma And Ishaku In US; Insist Fulani Herdsmen Are Killing Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samuel Ortom: 'Fulani Herdsmen Are Planning To Kidnap And Kill Me' by slimfit1(m): 11:09am On Aug 25, 2018
Good sacrifice
Re: Samuel Ortom: 'Fulani Herdsmen Are Planning To Kidnap And Kill Me' by SarkinYarki: 11:10am On Aug 25, 2018
blackaxe78:

It's over 3 years and you have stopped wailing.

Can you wail till 2023?

Oh so speaking up against killer terrorist herdsman is now seen as criticising Buhari and wailing? Can't you see how you keep indicting Buhari in this killer herdsman mess
Re: Samuel Ortom: 'Fulani Herdsmen Are Planning To Kidnap And Kill Me' by Nwaohafia1: 11:11am On Aug 25, 2018
TroubleMaker47:
U hv the state resources, for goodness sakes secretly arm a malitia (by proxy ofcourse) to kill dem before they kill u or run over ur government!
And stop whining like a pu*sy! angry

Exactly. He's just daft
Re: Samuel Ortom: 'Fulani Herdsmen Are Planning To Kidnap And Kill Me' by SeanPablo(m): 11:13am On Aug 25, 2018
Re: Samuel Ortom: 'Fulani Herdsmen Are Planning To Kidnap And Kill Me' by Actuarydeji(m): 11:19am On Aug 25, 2018
Oga. why are you complaining naw, shebi dey never kill you? Wait make dem kill you first before you complain
Re: Samuel Ortom: 'Fulani Herdsmen Are Planning To Kidnap And Kill Me' by Positivepoint(m): 11:19am On Aug 25, 2018
ishola14:

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2018/08/25/ortom-herdsmen-planning-to-kidnap-kill-me/amp/

Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom has alleged that Fulani herdsmen were planning to kidnap and kill him over his stand against open grazing in the state

Pointing out that the plot to kill him is being hatched with some Benue indigenes,

With such inconsistency, clearly indicate the story is false. First Fulani herdsmen plan to kill u and then plan is hatched by benue indigenes. Or is the governor saying the Fulani herdsmen and the benue indigenes are one and the same. Meaning all along it was benue indigenes killing them selves.

1 Like

Re: Samuel Ortom: 'Fulani Herdsmen Are Planning To Kidnap And Kill Me' by BabangidaHamza(m): 11:21am On Aug 25, 2018
Ortorm stop deviating from the fact that you owned almost 10months salaries... Pay them their entitlements..
Re: Samuel Ortom: 'Fulani Herdsmen Are Planning To Kidnap And Kill Me' by Nobody: 11:21am On Aug 25, 2018
ishola14:

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2018/08/25/ortom-herdsmen-planning-to-kidnap-kill-me/amp/
Oya, sarrki and sarkin, come and defend APCheat.

cc lzaa onyeoga gmbuharii pointzerom

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Samuel Ortom: 'Fulani Herdsmen Are Planning To Kidnap And Kill Me' by Realname: 11:26am On Aug 25, 2018
The animal kingdom called Nigera never ceases to amaze me

The things you hear are just mind boggling
Re: Samuel Ortom: 'Fulani Herdsmen Are Planning To Kidnap And Kill Me' by wink2015(m): 11:30am On Aug 25, 2018
Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom has alleged that Fulani herdsmen were planning to kidnap and kill him over his stand against open grazing in the state.

He made this known during an interactive session with the church, traditional institution and other stakeholders towards peaceful elections in 2019, organised by the Makurdi Catholic Diocese at the Pastoral Centre, Makurdi, the Benue State capital.
Ortom alleged that he received an intelligence report, which indicated that the Fulani herdsmen, who are currently occupying part of Guma Local Government Area of the state, were planning to attack him along Abuja-Lafia Road.

According to the governor, “The armed herdsmen, according to the intelligence report, would ensure that all my security aides were killed after which they would Kidnap me, torture me before killing me. Already, l had reported the matter to the police and other security agencies and they are aware of this.”

Pointing out that the plot to kill him is being hatched with some Benue indigenes, Ortom also alleged that there are plans to disenfranchise voters, as he according to him, most of the polling units in the crisis affected areas have been destroyed and taken over by the Fulani herdsmen as their grazing fields.

“Amnesty International had come out to disclose that over 19,000 people have lost their lives in Benue, Taraba, Kaduna, Nasarawa and Plateau states to herdsmen attacks and this does not speak well of Nigeria especially as we are heading towards 2019,” he said.
While lamenting that Benue indigenes had become destitutes and refugees in their own father land, Ortom further revealed that pockets of killings were still going on in Makurdi, Guma, Logo and Katsina Ala local government areas of the state.
He explained further that most of the farmlands along the borderlines of Taraba and Nasarawa States had been taken over by herdsmen militia who currently occupy the areas to the detriment of the indigenes.
He attributed the success of his administration’s Amnesty Programme to the support he enjoyed from the leadership of the Catholic Church in the state.
In his contribution, the Catholic Bishop of Makurdi, Bishop Wilfred Anagbe explained that over 306 traditional rulers, youths, members of both Catholic Women Organisation (CWO) and Catholic Men Organisation and other stakeholders were invited for the meeting to educate them on a violence- free election ahead of 2019.

While noting that Nigeria had been ravaged by violent crisis in the last few years, Anagbe maintained that it was pertinent on the church to meet and discuss with the traditional rulers who are instruments of peace in their domains to enlighten their subjects that no politician should intimidate, coerce or induce them to vote against their conscience.

“Tiv land, Benue land and Nigeria as a whole have been traumatised by series of violent crisis in the past few years and now that elections are around the corner, people are taking advantage of this. “We are trying to let them get into the picture of having to be instruments of peace in their localities because these are the people in the grassroots.

“We have had enough of bloodshed. Let us now do politics that is devoid of violence. If anyone comes to deceive them with whatever inducement, they must be able to resist it,” the Bishop stated.

THE GOOD PEOPLE OF BENUE STATE SHOULD CONTINUE TO CLAMOUR FOR RESTRUCTURING FROM OUR MILITARY IMPOSED FEDERALISM.

STATES IN NIGERIA SHOULD BE ALLOWED IN THE CONSTITUTION TO ENABLE STATES TAKE CARE OF THEIR INTERNAL SECURITY NEEDS.

In the south east, I understand that MASSOB has introduced a BIAFRA TAX SYSTEM that is voluntary for their people to donate.

Ask the black south african who endured years of oppression enduring tortues from the white rascist regime of Pieter Botha.

Freedom does not come cheap it requires perseverance. But at the end of the tunnel there will be light.

Governor Ortom keep maintaining the peace in your state and join the good people of southern Nigeria to clamour for restructuring of Nigeria political landscape.
Re: Samuel Ortom: 'Fulani Herdsmen Are Planning To Kidnap And Kill Me' by RevenGeMission: 11:31am On Aug 25, 2018
Afamed:

And you believe the gossip mill up there?

That's not a problem

Ortom was accused of sponsoring Militia to wreak Havoc in his state , Maybe he has not paod them in full and they are coming for him

1 Like

Re: Samuel Ortom: 'Fulani Herdsmen Are Planning To Kidnap And Kill Me' by joyfullyjoyous(f): 11:33am On Aug 25, 2018
You should also plan to kidnap and kill them. It's tit for tat. No retreat, No Surrender!!! Stop wailing. Get prepared for them. Get your army ready. Shikena!!!
Re: Samuel Ortom: 'Fulani Herdsmen Are Planning To Kidnap And Kill Me' by Maket: 11:34am On Aug 25, 2018
Ortom even knows the time, place and the people. I hope he is not planning self kidnap.

The only thing this governor knows how to do is to be shouting herdsmen this and herdsmen that.

Let's see if this strategy will guaranty your second tenure.

Even the BORNO STATE governor with the second most threaded terrorist in the world is PERFORMING and never shouted like this stupid man.

1 Like

Re: Samuel Ortom: 'Fulani Herdsmen Are Planning To Kidnap And Kill Me' by FixAm(m): 11:36am On Aug 25, 2018
A governor crying out the Cso of a state that tells you how myopic our leaders are. So what should the civilians and armless youth do.someone should tell the cluesless governor to stop seeking attention

1 Like

Re: Samuel Ortom: 'Fulani Herdsmen Are Planning To Kidnap And Kill Me' by benuejosh: 11:40am On Aug 25, 2018
Can this man stop embarrassing us already Which kind public embarrassment is this one.
Re: Samuel Ortom: 'Fulani Herdsmen Are Planning To Kidnap And Kill Me' by Seunnzy(m): 11:41am On Aug 25, 2018
everything in this country is a joke..even the governors are following the trend..first Fayore now this...Lord save us

1 Like

Re: Samuel Ortom: 'Fulani Herdsmen Are Planning To Kidnap And Kill Me' by mysterydude: 11:45am On Aug 25, 2018
Despite the fact that I avoid commenting on online debates about pple who don't care about Nigeria's future, the fact remains that we're all gullible. keep attacking one another verbally on dirty selfish old politicians but we really are the fault. when Gani Fawehinmi contested elections, he lost but we claim he was a man of integrity after his demise, Pat Utomi lost but he's also a man of integrity. Nigerian youths will still vote another nightmare in 2019 n later turn to claim someone who lost years after as a man of integrity. There are presently 99 registered parties to pick from but no, it's pdp or apc. Nigerian youths are not yet wise
My opinion

1 Like

Re: Samuel Ortom: 'Fulani Herdsmen Are Planning To Kidnap And Kill Me' by zuto4u(m): 11:46am On Aug 25, 2018
Tell me why he should not believe it
Afamed:

Re: Samuel Ortom: 'Fulani Herdsmen Are Planning To Kidnap And Kill Me' by daleehat: 11:50am On Aug 25, 2018
And some ass-hole will believe this idiot? Ortom is heartless Ortom is not happy that the Killings are not happening anymore he prefer the killings so as to use it to divert attention and cover up his mess. One could have thought that by now a Serious Governor should move on from this herdsmen propaganda

1 Like

Re: Samuel Ortom: 'Fulani Herdsmen Are Planning To Kidnap And Kill Me' by asawanathegreat(m): 11:51am On Aug 25, 2018
Cry out loud, but no rescue for U.

1 Like

Re: Samuel Ortom: 'Fulani Herdsmen Are Planning To Kidnap And Kill Me' by okenwaa(m): 11:53am On Aug 25, 2018
Let them kidnap and kill all you stupid politicians that put a slowpoke in power 1by1.
Re: Samuel Ortom: 'Fulani Herdsmen Are Planning To Kidnap And Kill Me' by Myself2(m): 11:55am On Aug 25, 2018
Afamed:

Fulani herdsman spotted
Re: Samuel Ortom: 'Fulani Herdsmen Are Planning To Kidnap And Kill Me' by Anslemchiboy(m): 12:11pm On Aug 25, 2018
What kind of leaders are we electing into power for God sake,imaging executive governor and chief security of the state with a very humongous security vote unaccounted for still complaining of security treating in his state. called for consign Nigerian which way
Re: Samuel Ortom: 'Fulani Herdsmen Are Planning To Kidnap And Kill Me' by usmanbaba(m): 12:19pm On Aug 25, 2018
Using the herdsmen and farmers crisis as an excuse for doing nothing in Benue state. I wish Benue people will see how useless ortom is.

1 Like

Re: Samuel Ortom: 'Fulani Herdsmen Are Planning To Kidnap And Kill Me' by TroubleMaker47(m): 1:02pm On Aug 25, 2018
DemonInSiege:

YOU LACK SENSE
Your father lacks wisdom! If he had he would have used a condom!
Re: Samuel Ortom: 'Fulani Herdsmen Are Planning To Kidnap And Kill Me' by BiafranJesus: 1:09pm On Aug 25, 2018
The same people you helped kill Biafrans?
Re: Samuel Ortom: 'Fulani Herdsmen Are Planning To Kidnap And Kill Me' by ganiyat214: 1:15pm On Aug 25, 2018
I'm disappointed by this post, it would have been Ajimobi
Re: Samuel Ortom: 'Fulani Herdsmen Are Planning To Kidnap And Kill Me' by Bizzysmitty(m): 1:34pm On Aug 25, 2018
Pls pay salaries

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osinbajo: Soon, Many Will Be Discouraged To Stand Against Corruption / Court Grants N500m Bail To Alhassan Ado Doguwa / Two Nigeria’s Refineries To Restart Production Before End Of Dec. 2015 –minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.