Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,862 members, 7,813,942 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:14 PM

Samuel Ortom: 'Fulani Herdsmen Are Planning To Kidnap And Kill Me' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Samuel Ortom: 'Fulani Herdsmen Are Planning To Kidnap And Kill Me' (22675 Views)

Samuel Ortom Defects From APC To PDP / It’s Not Fair To Fulani If Herdsmen Are Declared Terrorists – Miyetti Allah / Danjuma And Ishaku In US; Insist Fulani Herdsmen Are Killing Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Samuel Ortom: 'Fulani Herdsmen Are Planning To Kidnap And Kill Me' by ishola14(m): 8:59am On Aug 25, 2018
Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom has alleged that Fulani herdsmen were planning to kidnap and kill him over his stand against open grazing in the state.

He made this known during an interactive session with the church, traditional institution and other stakeholders towards peaceful elections in 2019, organised by the Makurdi Catholic Diocese at the Pastoral Centre, Makurdi, the Benue State capital.
Ortom alleged that he received an intelligence report, which indicated that the Fulani herdsmen, who are currently occupying part of Guma Local Government Area of the state, were planning to attack him along Abuja-Lafia Road.

According to the governor, “The armed herdsmen, according to the intelligence report, would ensure that all my security aides were killed after which they would Kidnap me, torture me before killing me. Already, l had reported the matter to the police and other security agencies and they are aware of this.”

Pointing out that the plot to kill him is being hatched with some Benue indigenes, Ortom also alleged that there are plans to disenfranchise voters, as he according to him, most of the polling units in the crisis affected areas have been destroyed and taken over by the Fulani herdsmen as their grazing fields.

“Amnesty International had come out to disclose that over 19,000 people have lost their lives in Benue, Taraba, Kaduna, Nasarawa and Plateau states to herdsmen attacks and this does not speak well of Nigeria especially as we are heading towards 2019,” he said.
While lamenting that Benue indigenes had become destitutes and refugees in their own father land, Ortom further revealed that pockets of killings were still going on in Makurdi, Guma, Logo and Katsina Ala local government areas of the state.
He explained further that most of the farmlands along the borderlines of Taraba and Nasarawa States had been taken over by herdsmen militia who currently occupy the areas to the detriment of the indigenes.
He attributed the success of his administration’s Amnesty Programme to the support he enjoyed from the leadership of the Catholic Church in the state.
In his contribution, the Catholic Bishop of Makurdi, Bishop Wilfred Anagbe explained that over 306 traditional rulers, youths, members of both Catholic Women Organisation (CWO) and Catholic Men Organisation and other stakeholders were invited for the meeting to educate them on a violence- free election ahead of 2019.

While noting that Nigeria had been ravaged by violent crisis in the last few years, Anagbe maintained that it was pertinent on the church to meet and discuss with the traditional rulers who are instruments of peace in their domains to enlighten their subjects that no politician should intimidate, coerce or induce them to vote against their conscience.

“Tiv land, Benue land and Nigeria as a whole have been traumatised by series of violent crisis in the past few years and now that elections are around the corner, people are taking advantage of this. “We are trying to let them get into the picture of having to be instruments of peace in their localities because these are the people in the grassroots.

“We have had enough of bloodshed. Let us now do politics that is devoid of violence. If anyone comes to deceive them with whatever inducement, they must be able to resist it,” the Bishop stated.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2018/08/25/ortom-herdsmen-planning-to-kidnap-kill-me/amp/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Samuel Ortom: 'Fulani Herdsmen Are Planning To Kidnap And Kill Me' by Shelumiel: 9:07am On Aug 25, 2018
Nigerians should starting expecting anything from Myetti Allah and their footsoldiers.

40 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Samuel Ortom: 'Fulani Herdsmen Are Planning To Kidnap And Kill Me' by Afamed: 9:10am On Aug 25, 2018
Shelumiel:
Nigerians should starting expecting anything from Myetti Allah and their footsoldiers.
And you believe the gossip mill up there?

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Samuel Ortom: 'Fulani Herdsmen Are Planning To Kidnap And Kill Me' by Shelumiel: 9:13am On Aug 25, 2018
Afamed:

And you believe the gossip mill up there?
The threat by MACBAN to the Senate president was another gossip mill abi ? Mtchww

113 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Samuel Ortom: 'Fulani Herdsmen Are Planning To Kidnap And Kill Me' by Angelparadise: 9:18am On Aug 25, 2018
Since the Fulani heldsmen start killing at will because of cow and the security apparatus either aiding them or doing not , I believe they can do anything as their patron is the president.

24 Likes

Re: Samuel Ortom: 'Fulani Herdsmen Are Planning To Kidnap And Kill Me' by Omeokachie: 9:40am On Aug 25, 2018
APC foot soldiers again!

From threatening Saraki and now to Ortom, while Buhari and his DSS watch on.

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Samuel Ortom: 'Fulani Herdsmen Are Planning To Kidnap And Kill Me' by Biglittlelois(f): 11:01am On Aug 25, 2018
Buhari should call his minions to order, must all politicians be in APC haba!!!

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Samuel Ortom: 'Fulani Herdsmen Are Planning To Kidnap And Kill Me' by donnie(m): 11:02am On Aug 25, 2018
grin
Re: Samuel Ortom: 'Fulani Herdsmen Are Planning To Kidnap And Kill Me' by Hanji(m): 11:02am On Aug 25, 2018
Lienus.....trying to gain political sympathy

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Samuel Ortom: 'Fulani Herdsmen Are Planning To Kidnap And Kill Me' by Iceman2017(m): 11:02am On Aug 25, 2018
You put their grand master in power and now you don't even want them to fulfill their commission in your land.. Hmm... You must pay with your head

2 Likes

Re: Samuel Ortom: 'Fulani Herdsmen Are Planning To Kidnap And Kill Me' by inoki247: 11:02am On Aug 25, 2018
daz aw dey Kidnap Dino for one day lol and he was hiding on the tree. Goan ask Dino e will teach u aw to escape from Kidnapper...

1 Like

Re: Samuel Ortom: 'Fulani Herdsmen Are Planning To Kidnap And Kill Me' by TroubleMaker47(m): 11:03am On Aug 25, 2018
U hv the state resources, for goodness sakes secretly arm a malitia (by proxy ofcourse) to kill dem before they kill u or run over ur government!
And stop whining like a pu*sy! angry

12 Likes

Re: Samuel Ortom: 'Fulani Herdsmen Are Planning To Kidnap And Kill Me' by Teeboi56: 11:03am On Aug 25, 2018
I pray it happen
Re: Samuel Ortom: 'Fulani Herdsmen Are Planning To Kidnap And Kill Me' by SarkinYarki: 11:03am On Aug 25, 2018
The killer herdsman have not hidden their disdain for Ortom and Saraki since both departed their killer party

3 Likes

Re: Samuel Ortom: 'Fulani Herdsmen Are Planning To Kidnap And Kill Me' by Nwaohafia1: 11:03am On Aug 25, 2018
Gov. Ortom, stop crying like a teenager. You had every opportunity back then to call a spade a spade. You refused and was busying doing the bidding of Buhari with your kinsmen's lives thinking he will save you. This shouldn't have gotten to this stage.

You are a governor, protect yourself by all possible means. Employ Private security guards/thugs to protect. Don't rely on Buhari's DSS men or Police, they are all fulanis and will sell you out. Arm militias and let them match herdsmen bullet for bullet.

Orji Uzor and Chris Ngige was once did it as governor.

I wish you luck as you battle Buhari and his killers.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Samuel Ortom: 'Fulani Herdsmen Are Planning To Kidnap And Kill Me' by KEVIND: 11:03am On Aug 25, 2018
Re: Samuel Ortom: 'Fulani Herdsmen Are Planning To Kidnap And Kill Me' by blackaxe78: 11:04am On Aug 25, 2018
Angelparadise:
Since the Fulani heldsmen start killing at will because of cow and the security apparatus either aiding them or doing not , I believe they can do anything as their patron is the president.

Ex President.

Get your facts right

3 Likes

Re: Samuel Ortom: 'Fulani Herdsmen Are Planning To Kidnap And Kill Me' by SarkinYarki: 11:04am On Aug 25, 2018
Teeboi56:
I pray it happen

See proof All Buharist are clearly terrorist..just imagine

12 Likes

Re: Samuel Ortom: 'Fulani Herdsmen Are Planning To Kidnap And Kill Me' by Beehshorp(m): 11:04am On Aug 25, 2018
Apc and their foot soldiers are trying to kill you

3 Likes

Re: Samuel Ortom: 'Fulani Herdsmen Are Planning To Kidnap And Kill Me' by greggng: 11:05am On Aug 25, 2018
This is the greatest fool I 've ever seen as governor . Imagine chief security officer of a state saying this

3 Likes

Re: Samuel Ortom: 'Fulani Herdsmen Are Planning To Kidnap And Kill Me' by Bambambiglo: 11:05am On Aug 25, 2018
Orton pay salaries and stop wailing like a witch
Re: Samuel Ortom: 'Fulani Herdsmen Are Planning To Kidnap And Kill Me' by blackaxe78: 11:06am On Aug 25, 2018
Angelparadise:

You have a right to manufacture your stories and peddle them.

3 Likes

Re: Samuel Ortom: 'Fulani Herdsmen Are Planning To Kidnap And Kill Me' by Kclique: 11:06am On Aug 25, 2018
They have failed.
Buhari has failed.

3 Likes

Re: Samuel Ortom: 'Fulani Herdsmen Are Planning To Kidnap And Kill Me' by Olukat(m): 11:07am On Aug 25, 2018
Enjoy the CHANGE you worked for wink wink wink
You are not better than DEAD Benue citizens angry angry

1 Like

Re: Samuel Ortom: 'Fulani Herdsmen Are Planning To Kidnap And Kill Me' by Quality20(m): 11:07am On Aug 25, 2018
u are an irresponsible and bad leader/governor. I cant believe a governor of a whole state will b talking like this. This stupid and petty man of a governor is just trying to divert attention from his non performance and non payment of salaries so that he can get votes based on ethnic and religious sentiments

2 Likes

Re: Samuel Ortom: 'Fulani Herdsmen Are Planning To Kidnap And Kill Me' by blackaxe78: 11:07am On Aug 25, 2018
SarkinYarki:
The killer herdsman have not hidden their disdain for Ortom and Saraki since both departed their killer party

It's over 3 years and you have stopped wailing.

Can you wail till 2023?

3 Likes

Re: Samuel Ortom: 'Fulani Herdsmen Are Planning To Kidnap And Kill Me' by Elnino4ladies: 11:07am On Aug 25, 2018
All Ortom does is cry for public sympathy...... I can't believe am from same state with this weakling

4 Likes

Re: Samuel Ortom: 'Fulani Herdsmen Are Planning To Kidnap And Kill Me' by Catalyst4eva(m): 11:07am On Aug 25, 2018
Cattle Republic of Nigeria. This country is indeed an absurdist Theatre... grin
Re: Samuel Ortom: 'Fulani Herdsmen Are Planning To Kidnap And Kill Me' by Bodude504: 11:08am On Aug 25, 2018
otorm Pls face work
Re: Samuel Ortom: 'Fulani Herdsmen Are Planning To Kidnap And Kill Me' by israelmao(m): 11:09am On Aug 25, 2018
I have no atom of pity for you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sagay: PDP Lawyers Deserve Supreme Court Fine, Not Afe Babalola, Olanipekun / Lagos To Prosecute Suspects Who Destroyed And Looted Public/Private Properties / Tinubu Remains Influential In Nigeria – Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.