Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,499 members, 7,823,167 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

Flood Washes Off Part Of Kwaita Bridge Along Lokoja - Abuja Expressway (Photos) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Flood Washes Off Part Of Kwaita Bridge Along Lokoja - Abuja Expressway (Photos) (38365 Views)

Aba Residents Groan As Rain Washes Off Newly Constructed People's Road (Video) / Accident At Abule-Egba Head Bridge Along Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway (photos) / Flood Washes Away Bridge In Imo, FUTO Students, Road Users Stranded (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flood Washes Off Part Of Kwaita Bridge Along Lokoja - Abuja Expressway (Photos) by suyamasta(m): 7:59pm On Aug 25, 2018
People wey d responsible for road repairs and maintenance abeg make una do una work
Re: Flood Washes Off Part Of Kwaita Bridge Along Lokoja - Abuja Expressway (Photos) by enemyofprogress: 8:00pm On Aug 25, 2018
Waakanda:
Danger alert... action must be taken on that asap.
I'm sure they must have tooked action
Re: Flood Washes Off Part Of Kwaita Bridge Along Lokoja - Abuja Expressway (Photos) by lawalosky(m): 8:01pm On Aug 25, 2018
Babyforever:
Get out
So harsh...
Re: Flood Washes Off Part Of Kwaita Bridge Along Lokoja - Abuja Expressway (Photos) by Raptureminded(m): 8:01pm On Aug 25, 2018
Sowore 4 president

1 Like

Re: Flood Washes Off Part Of Kwaita Bridge Along Lokoja - Abuja Expressway (Photos) by TheUbermensch: 8:01pm On Aug 25, 2018
sarrki:

I can see you jumping from one thread to another

You seems to lack what is called sense of reasoning

Even in advanced countries this happens

Dem tell you say nah Buhari do the bridge!

Am sure you will hear fro the office of ministry of works very soon

Look at the condition of the bridge.

You don't see such in advanced countries.

It's not even safe for animals to pass thru. But someone approved it.

And almighty Buhari is fighting corruption.

it's funny how you come online to defend mediocrity for a paltry pay. something that teenagers receive on a daily in advanced countries.

2 Likes

Re: Flood Washes Off Part Of Kwaita Bridge Along Lokoja - Abuja Expressway (Photos) by Gbengazzee(m): 8:02pm On Aug 25, 2018
Some folks in here calling Nigeria all sorts of names because flood washed off part of a bridge, what name would they called Italy for the collapsed of bridge that claims many lives. We are in raining season where things like this are bound to happen.
Re: Flood Washes Off Part Of Kwaita Bridge Along Lokoja - Abuja Expressway (Photos) by emmie14: 8:04pm On Aug 25, 2018
lincs25:
This is a natural disaster! in Italy it happens recently a bridge collapse more than 30 people died. Stop thinking irrational...
Do you know that Italy maintains 24/7 power supply? Why you didn't balance that with epileptic electricity in Nigeria? Only collapsed bridges is where Nigeria and Italy rub shoulders.

1 Like

Re: Flood Washes Off Part Of Kwaita Bridge Along Lokoja - Abuja Expressway (Photos) by Nobody: 8:05pm On Aug 25, 2018
Poor design. Nothing to protect the soil from washing away.
Re: Flood Washes Off Part Of Kwaita Bridge Along Lokoja - Abuja Expressway (Photos) by smart111(m): 8:05pm On Aug 25, 2018
lakesider:
Nigerians will soon come and condemn their government.. Channel your energy towards better governance... This is. A rural disaster and happens every where in the world
Have you ever seen where they build bridge on a red soil if not in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Flood Washes Off Part Of Kwaita Bridge Along Lokoja - Abuja Expressway (Photos) by suyamasta(m): 8:06pm On Aug 25, 2018
Gbengazzee:
Some folks in here calling Nigeria all sorts of names because flood washed off part of a bridge, what name would they called Italy for the collapsed of bridge that claims many lives. We are in raining season where things like this are bound to happen.
It's the action or inaction taken after it has happened that makes us feel that way
Re: Flood Washes Off Part Of Kwaita Bridge Along Lokoja - Abuja Expressway (Photos) by bigtt76(f): 8:08pm On Aug 25, 2018
They are busy inspecting 3rd Mainland Bridge while this one is almost gone grin

metronaija2:
Motorists are advised to be cautious as they approach Kwaita Bridge along Lokoja - Abuja Expressway due to the wash-off of a major part of the bridge. The flood affected both sides of the bridge.

http://www.metronaija.ng/photos-flood-washes-off-part-of-kwaita-bridge/

Re: Flood Washes Off Part Of Kwaita Bridge Along Lokoja - Abuja Expressway (Photos) by HomeOfMe(f): 8:10pm On Aug 25, 2018
metronaija2:
Motorists are advised to be cautious as they approach Kwaita Bridge along Lokoja - Abuja Expressway due to the wash-off of a major part of the bridge. The flood affected both sides of the bridge.

http://www.metronaija.ng/photos-flood-washes-off-part-of-kwaita-bridge/

This red sand or mud can never hold a road for long not to talk of a bridge. Only companies like Julius Berger would know the ki d of chemical and cementeasurements to use to enable build long lasting roads and bridges.
Re: Flood Washes Off Part Of Kwaita Bridge Along Lokoja - Abuja Expressway (Photos) by blackaxe78: 8:13pm On Aug 25, 2018
abokibuhari:
Useless country

Idiot like you

Stop exposing lineage stupity

Those before you never did, it was a secret
Re: Flood Washes Off Part Of Kwaita Bridge Along Lokoja - Abuja Expressway (Photos) by Mouthgag: 8:16pm On Aug 25, 2018
Austin4lif:
u seems jobless, how do u get all the time online? look for a job bro, stop begging people for mb which u use to insult igbos
Lol
Another osu morọn on the loose...
Re: Flood Washes Off Part Of Kwaita Bridge Along Lokoja - Abuja Expressway (Photos) by DaddyGngeess(m): 8:18pm On Aug 25, 2018
I just arrived Abuja since on Tuesday i left Lagos via Benin, anyway i made a stop at uhen village in Okada, only one road lead that village anytime heavy rain fall the road will be block, no going out no coming in and that was how i was stock there for three days, what i am trying say here is that na so Nigeria be oo
Re: Flood Washes Off Part Of Kwaita Bridge Along Lokoja - Abuja Expressway (Photos) by GOFRONT(m): 8:18pm On Aug 25, 2018
Chaii......And I passed there this afternoon fa
Re: Flood Washes Off Part Of Kwaita Bridge Along Lokoja - Abuja Expressway (Photos) by Lebee4(m): 8:18pm On Aug 25, 2018
Telecos running underground cables are the cause of this problems of washouts wherever you find a bridge or culvert.
They excavate the embankment to run their cables and in turn refuse to compact the soil properly after laying their cables.
Water begin to travel gradually downward creating void within the soil and the resulting end is the thing shown in that pix.

1 Like

Re: Flood Washes Off Part Of Kwaita Bridge Along Lokoja - Abuja Expressway (Photos) by socialmediaman: 8:20pm On Aug 25, 2018
Gbengazzee:

Don’t you think They’ve had enough already? No jobs, electricity, infrastructure, social security etc... even a mosquito bite would be blamed on the government, that’s what the government signed up for willingly.

1 Like

Re: Flood Washes Off Part Of Kwaita Bridge Along Lokoja - Abuja Expressway (Photos) by Fourwinds: 8:20pm On Aug 25, 2018
Princeofnigeria:
[s][/s]ya all are the problem of this country

Sarrki and your like want to die because of policians who's primarily objective is looting

I spit on you

I spit on sarrki

I spit on APC

I spit on pdp

I spit on Nigeria politicians

We need a revolution just like what they did in Rwanda

Rwanda wasn't a revolution but a genocide that brought about change of government
Re: Flood Washes Off Part Of Kwaita Bridge Along Lokoja - Abuja Expressway (Photos) by Oblang(m): 8:24pm On Aug 25, 2018
Some wailers are dunce walahi. They wail over everything. When we talk abt good governance, it is not the absence of unfortunate circumstances but how the government respond in such situations. Wailers just too mumu for my liking...
Re: Flood Washes Off Part Of Kwaita Bridge Along Lokoja - Abuja Expressway (Photos) by Lebee4(m): 8:28pm On Aug 25, 2018
HomeOfMe:
This red sand or mud can never hold a road for long not to talk of a bridge. Only companies like Julius Berger would know the ki d of chemical and cementeasurements to use to enable build long lasting roads and bridges.

And where did you learn this aspect of your Engineering?

1 Like

Re: Flood Washes Off Part Of Kwaita Bridge Along Lokoja - Abuja Expressway (Photos) by HomeOfMe(f): 8:34pm On Aug 25, 2018
Lebee4:

Lol...in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Flood Washes Off Part Of Kwaita Bridge Along Lokoja - Abuja Expressway (Photos) by Nobody: 8:38pm On Aug 25, 2018
Fourwinds:
Rwanda wasn't a revolution but a genocide that brought about change of government
we need that too
Re: Flood Washes Off Part Of Kwaita Bridge Along Lokoja - Abuja Expressway (Photos) by lincs25(m): 8:41pm On Aug 25, 2018
emmie14:

Do you know that Italy maintains 24/7 power supply? Why you didn't balance that with epileptic electricity in Nigeria? Only collapsed bridges is where Nigeria and Italy rub shoulders.
The person I quote didn't talk about electricity. Stop being sentimental
Re: Flood Washes Off Part Of Kwaita Bridge Along Lokoja - Abuja Expressway (Photos) by amazingspiderma: 8:41pm On Aug 25, 2018
Lebee4:
Telecos running underground cables are the cause of this problems of washouts wherever you find a bridge or culvert.
They excavate the embankment to run their cables and in turn refuse to compact the soil properly after laying their cables.
Water begin to travel gradually downward creating void within the soil and the resulting end is the thing shown in that pix.
You have a great point.
Re: Flood Washes Off Part Of Kwaita Bridge Along Lokoja - Abuja Expressway (Photos) by thatigboman: 8:46pm On Aug 25, 2018
sarrki:

I can see you jumping from one thread to another

You seems to lack what is called sense of reasoning

Even in advanced countries this happens

Dem tell you say nah Buhari do the bridge!

Am sure you will hear fro the office of ministry of works very soon

abeg keep quiet. Ilorin muslim
Re: Flood Washes Off Part Of Kwaita Bridge Along Lokoja - Abuja Expressway (Photos) by thatigboman: 8:46pm On Aug 25, 2018
Lebee4:

savage
Re: Flood Washes Off Part Of Kwaita Bridge Along Lokoja - Abuja Expressway (Photos) by thatigboman: 8:47pm On Aug 25, 2018
Oblang:
Some wailers are dunce walahi. They wail over everything. When we talk abt good governance, it is not the absence of unfortunate circumstances but how the government respond in such situations. Wailers just too mumu for my liking...
fela didnt sing d aong 'zombie' for nothing
Re: Flood Washes Off Part Of Kwaita Bridge Along Lokoja - Abuja Expressway (Photos) by Tonimordred(m): 8:52pm On Aug 25, 2018
Babyforever:
And that anu called sarrki said buharia is working angry
ANU nkita or ANU azu
Re: Flood Washes Off Part Of Kwaita Bridge Along Lokoja - Abuja Expressway (Photos) by KardinalZik(m): 8:54pm On Aug 25, 2018
Emusan:

The contractor needs to be arrested. How can you construct a bridge without an abutment on the other side?
Even the side that has abutment wasn't protected well...
GO ARREST AM NA!!
Re: Flood Washes Off Part Of Kwaita Bridge Along Lokoja - Abuja Expressway (Photos) by Babyforever(f): 8:55pm On Aug 25, 2018
Tonimordred:
ANU nkita or ANU azu
Nke azu
Re: Flood Washes Off Part Of Kwaita Bridge Along Lokoja - Abuja Expressway (Photos) by Oblang(m): 8:56pm On Aug 25, 2018
thatigboman:
fela didnt sing d aong 'zombie' for nothing

Yes he knew PDP zombies will exist...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Visit To Air Force Base In Greece (photos) / Epe Has One Of The Best Road Networks In Lagos State (Photos) / Don't Fall For This White Handkerchief Trick By Kidnappers - AutoJoshNG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.