Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,235 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:24 AM

Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) (37889 Views)

Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? / Lady Gets Deported For Traveling With The New Nigerian Passport (Photos) / Best Studio For Passport Photos For Canadian Pr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by Odewaleadesoye(m): 7:49pm On Dec 16, 2021
Fellow members of Nairaland Forum and Honourable guests viewing this topic! Please I need your input and help on the Subject Matter.

I applied for Standard Nigerian Passport (64 pages) on Nigeria Immigration Service Website and I was told to pay the sum of 22,700 naira only on their website in order to commence the online application and I did.

I was also attached to the state I filled in the form as Processing Office and I booked an appointment with them for physical verification of documents and next steps.

To my ultimate surprise, I was told that they don't have booklets for the 64 pages I'm applying for. As a matter of fact, it is not available in the whole of the Federation.

They said that only booklet for 32 pages is available but it is not even on ground at the moment.

I was also told that I will have to pay another money for the 32 pages that the fee I paid for the 64 pages cannot be used for the 32 pages.

The issue on ground now is this:

1. I need this passport urgently and they are saying that it is not available.

2. Is it true that I will need to pay another money for the 32 pages?

3. What is the average duration to obtain a Nigerian passport?

4. Lastly, why is it so difficult to obtain a Nigerian passport?

Please elders in the house should help me out.

Attached below is the copy of the payment made to Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) via their website.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by MufasaLion: 7:51pm On Dec 16, 2021
Nigeria and shit. The system is fvck3d already. Y'all should just make sure you get the passport. It's very important!!! cool

137 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by Lavisha(f): 7:53pm On Dec 16, 2021
It is very hard to obtain a Naija passport because of Buhari
The Abokki basterd has basterdised everything.
In Kogi, it cos 60k and you'll get it in one week.

176 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by ahmthankgod(m): 7:57pm On Dec 16, 2021
In your side?
Oga no be dah one dey my mind now.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by Odewaleadesoye(m): 8:01pm On Dec 16, 2021
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by Mbataku96(m): 8:12pm On Dec 16, 2021
Let me answer questions number 4 with another question that Will lead us to the ultimate answer,
Do think it's easy for a penguin to escape from a zoo than for a citizen to leave Nigeria?

69 Likes

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by oldienavie: 8:12pm On Dec 16, 2021
@Poster, how old are you ?
You are posting your name and details all over the internet ?
What is the essence of the education that you have if you dont realise you are making yourself susceptible to identity theft.
Please grow up.

176 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by Perfecttouch(m): 8:12pm On Dec 16, 2021
Odewaleadesoye:

NIS, Kogi office?
I got mine in 2days in ibadan..
Come use me and my passport naw since wetin you Wan go do dey urgent, I will go on your behalf and represent you well

67 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by Odewaleadesoye(m): 8:29pm On Dec 16, 2021
oldienavie:
@Poster, how old are you ?
You are posting your name and details all over the internet ?
What is the essence of the education that you have if you dont realise you are making yourself susceptible to identity theft.
Please grow up.
I understand you.
My name is known everywhere.
Why do I need to hide my name?
Even my username is my name.
Merely typing that username online will give you my details.
I only posted my name and other details were cancelled out.
Thanks for your observation.

309 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by Odewaleadesoye(m): 8:32pm On Dec 16, 2021

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by Odewaleadesoye(m): 8:42pm On Dec 16, 2021

4 Likes

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by Lavisha(f): 10:31pm On Dec 16, 2021
Odewaleadesoye:
NIS, Kogi office?
Yes

1 Like

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by slawormiir: 6:24am On Dec 17, 2021
Damnnn niggar

One thing about me ehnnnn

I hate stress....when I was about to do mine

I just enjoyed my god is good motor to abuja
Got to abuja ....booked hotel.....the next morning took a cab to their office......gave one uniform officer( igbo man) money....about 75k to 80k..that one took me to another officer wearing no uniform( hausa)...did my capturing for a 10 years passport with 64 pages....it was that day I realised igbo and hausas are friends offline...

Went back to the hotel room...enjoy my air condition....later in the evening I carry some runs babe...repeat same thing the next two days..visited nyanya market...I be nor know say abuja get ghetto..visit wuye, wuse..eat iya oya amala.. went to life camp area...karimu...

On the fourth day boom my 10 years passport is already out

Booked a bus back to Benin city where the King is truely king

I nor fit for wahalar

249 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by Crusadee: 6:24am On Dec 17, 2021
Wetin concern us, we no one travel, all we want is MKPULUMMIRI

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by meolaniyi(m): 6:25am On Dec 17, 2021
Because the govt. Made in such a way that you must pay bribe

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by babyfaceafrica: 6:25am On Dec 17, 2021
It's not difficult. You don't want to pay extra ni. Passport that you can get in 24hours with the right money

7 Likes

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by IboHausaYoruba: 6:25am On Dec 17, 2021
The truth is not far fetched. It is deliberate because the rate at which Nigerians (youths especially) are leaving for greener pastures is alarming and becoming serious embarrassment to the government. Do you know how many doctors, nurses and masters students that left this year alone! Ministry of interior has placed embargo on the number of passports that could be issued in a year. I got information from the rightful source that this year's quota was already exceeded around August so no passport printing till next year. Also,there is circular secretly passed around all higher institutions that transcripts should be made extremely difficult (if not totally frustrating) to get, they believe vibrant youths are jetting out en mass and it's a serious shame to the politicians. Except your parents are highly placed and ready to cough out money, i doubt you getting passport or even transcript on time.

46 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by house10s: 6:27am On Dec 17, 2021
corruption
buhari
black

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by freshkpomo(m): 6:27am On Dec 17, 2021

Coooooooooruuuuuuuuuuptioooooooooon.

Mismanagement.

Corruption again

And another corrupt.

These are the reasons above!!

I will keep saying it, Nigerians are heartless. Many of us are worst than the politicians we condemn. Those immigration guys just want to eat another money from you. What now happens to the first money your paid? Put some people for small office make you see shit them go do, ask civil servants how far.

Merry Christmas and a prosperous new year everyone.

Ciao cool

Who ever banned MANNBBQ please do it over and over again, you have saved many of us from migraine from reading long unrelated epistle of spam... He needs another rehab, the past few days of his absence have been the best, no long spam trash.

78 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by Dorcmass(m): 6:27am On Dec 17, 2021
LACK OF JUSTICE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by Drsnives(m): 6:27am On Dec 17, 2021
God help us
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by MaverickA3: 6:27am On Dec 17, 2021
It's not possible to divert the money you paid for 64 pages booklet to get 32 pages. You paid online and receipt was generated for you. About the shortage of booklets, I believe it's the fact that the number of applicants in recent years have increased largely and the production of booklets has not been increased to meet the demand. About the time duration of fresh passport, under a normal circumstance, your passport should be ready in 6 weeks from the day of application.

13 Likes

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by Coolsperm: 6:28am On Dec 17, 2021
Cos Nigeria was not supposed to be one country in the first place couple with the fact that it will soon collapse

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by baggioni: 6:28am On Dec 17, 2021
It's because of you and I. The kind of inordinate and dishonest characters we exhibit as citizens, until we all change, nothing will change in the country

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by Firefyta: 6:28am On Dec 17, 2021
Come up north and pick up your passport on that same day talking from experience

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by ironheart(m): 6:29am On Dec 17, 2021
Depends on where
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by handsomeyinka(m): 6:29am On Dec 17, 2021
It's because end time is near..

Ask Righteousness89...The manipulator.

He will tell you the passport is been printed in heaven and its delayed because of our earthly sins.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by dontro(m): 6:29am On Dec 17, 2021
This question is above my pay grade. I'll leave it for the elders
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by Jolomenas: 6:29am On Dec 17, 2021
Lavisha:
It is very hard to obtain a Naija passport because of Buhari

The Abokki basterd has basterdised everything.

In Kogi, it cos 60k and you'll get it in one week.
Must you blame abokis for everything?
Stupid useless man

5 Likes

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by Amaa2019(m): 6:29am On Dec 17, 2021
Applied Jan 2021, got May 2021. Even with the bribings.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Two Bike Men In Accident On Ikorodu Road (Graphic Pics) / I Have Gotten A Full Time Job In Canada. / With 16500 Security Agents Will Allow You Travel From Lagos To Abuja Despite Ban

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.