Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,260 members, 7,829,515 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread - Car Talk (102) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread (449188 Views)

A Look At 2019 Armoured Mercedes-Maybach S560,Official Car Of President Buhari / So Buhari's Official Car Na Boi Boi Sef... / Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (260) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ringi82(m): 6:35pm On Jan 24, 2020
usedcartips:

Toyota remains my favorite brand however, if I am to choose between Yaris and Mini Cooper, I would choose the latter. While the Yaris offers Toyota Safety Sense, the MINI offers comparable safety technology features and a peppy engine to boot. Comparing the Yaris vs. MINI Cooper Price at https://www.CheapCARS.ng the difference is not much.
I love the look and feel of that mini cooper, especially the interior. I would love to have this ride as my first car, but the reviews are not encouraging. Especially about the parts, i heard its quite expensive.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by johnvinsley: 6:36pm On Jan 24, 2020
Good evening house,
Please how durable is Mazda 3 2007 model for uber biz in Nigeria. Factors to consider are
Ruggedness
Cost of maintenance
Transmission longevity
Easy part
Average market.
Thank you.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ringi82(m): 7:09pm On Jan 24, 2020
To all the gurus in the house, i need your help. I'm a complete newbie when it comes to cars. In fact, I'm just about to register for a driving school, and yet to get a driver's licence.
I want to purchase a naija used car within my budget limits of 400-600k. I don't want a car which parts are expensive, hard to get or hard to maintain being a first user. I've done a bit of some research and came across a 1999~2002 Honda crv, Honda accord 2001~2005, kia Rio 2003 ~2008, Nissan primera and altima 2000~2004 all naija used and they fall within my budget.
Please guys which is the best budget given the criteria i highlighted above. Thanks in advance.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 7:33pm On Jan 24, 2020
IMOHS:
Please house I need advice, car will be shipped from usa, seller says repairs will be done in Nigeria within 48hrs. Do you think it's a good buy?

We can't decipher that from the pictures but with that kind of hit that bent that Tyre I am speculating the chassis may have taken a hit.

You don't want a car with bent chassis

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 7:36pm On Jan 24, 2020
johnvinsley:
Good evening house,
Please how durable is Mazda 3 2007 model for uber biz in Nigeria. Factors to consider are
Ruggedness
Cost of maintenance
Transmission longevity
Easy part
Average market.
Thank you.

Mazda parts are scarce in market and when available are a bit pricy, if you can live with that.

But parts can give you a lot of downtime which results in profit loss. try other brands if you are afraid of toyota Civic, Rio, Accent, Sentra, sunny etc
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 7:39pm On Jan 24, 2020
ringi82:
To all the gurus in the house, i need your help. I'm a complete newbie when it comes to cars. In fact, I'm just about to register for a driving school, and yet to get a driver's licence.
I want to purchase a naija used car within my budget limits of 400-600k. I don't want a car which parts are expensive, hard to get or hard to maintain being a first user. I've done a bit of some research and came across a 1999~2002 Honda crv, Honda accord 2001~2005, kia Rio 2003 ~2008, Nissan primera and altima 2000~2004 all naija used and they fall within my budget.
Please guys which is the best budget given the criteria i highlighted above. Thanks in advance.

Focus only on Nissan Primera and Kia Rio, your budget is too low for the rest and a newbie shouldn't focus on naija used of the rest of the lineup.

You can add Honda jazz and Civic to your choice they are also good

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:05pm On Jan 24, 2020
IMOHS:
Please house I need advice, car will be shipped from usa, seller says repairs will be done in Nigeria within 48hrs. Do you think it's a good buy?
I would strongly NOT recommend this car. Chassis obviously was affected by impact.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by johnvinsley: 8:09pm On Jan 24, 2020
Thank you so much @ Nurey
nurey:

Mazda parts are scarce in market and when available are a bit pricy, if you can live with that.

But parts can give you a lot of downtime which results in profit loss. try other brands if you are afraid of toyota Civic, Rio, Accent, Sentra, sunny etc
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ringi82(m): 8:14pm On Jan 24, 2020
nurey:

Focus only on Nissan Primera and Kia Rio, your budget is too low for the rest and a newbie shouldn't focus on naija used of the rest of the lineup.

You can add Honda jazz and Civic to your choice they are also good
Thanks bro. I actually forgot to mention honda civic in the line up.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by IMOHS(m): 8:29pm On Jan 24, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

I would strongly NOT recommend this car. Chassis obviously was affected by impact.
Thank you
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Themandalorian: 8:30pm On Jan 24, 2020
IMOHS:
The chassis looks affected. Run sir. Please run.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by radautoworks: 8:33pm On Jan 24, 2020
anyibig:
Hi guys, I'm buying my first car and I'm considering either bmw x3 2009 and Ford Edge 2009. Please advice. Thanks

Either one is a terrible first car... Or good depending on how you look at it. You'll definitely get to know cars real well with them two grin

4 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by radautoworks: 8:39pm On Jan 24, 2020
IMOHS:

4 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by IMOHS(m): 8:47pm On Jan 24, 2020
[quote author=radautoworks post=86080454][/quote]
Abeg talk something
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by timifakay(m): 9:22am On Jan 25, 2020
IMOHS:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10938686_img20200124wa0041_jpegbe40363d017b8ff622c205d7b24bc44b

Parts list (Section A)
1. Rear bumper
2. Left rear strut
3. Left rear spring
4. Stabiliser linkage
5. Sway bar
6. Sway bar bushing
7. Left rear lower arm
8. Rear beam
9. Left rear brake drum
10. Left rear light
11. Left rear mud protector
12. Quarter body
13. Battery
And so on and so Fort...
There's additional $400 charge for forklift as well...

Sections B, C and D will arise as work proceeds.
The work will take more than 48 man hours not 48 hours
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Tucode: 3:17pm On Jan 25, 2020
Hello guys, I need your help. I am planning on getting a car, my first ever car. What I am looking out for is Reliabity, Cost of maintenance, Performance and Aesthetic. I have narrowed my shortlist down to three options based on my budget (1.8 - 2m). They're

Honda Accord 2007 (V6)
Toyota Camry 2006 XLE (V6)
Lexus ES 330

I would have added Toyota Camry 2007/8 but it is quite overpriced because I want a tokunbo car.

My heart wants the Honda because that car is just too sweet both interior and exterior but the reviews about transmission problems and ball point really putting me off because I want peace of mind too.

So my head is telling me to go for lexus or toyota. So folks I need suggestions especially from people who have had these beautiful babies before. Thanks as I wait your response.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 6:07pm On Jan 25, 2020
Tucode:
Hello guys, I need your help. I am planning on getting a car, my first ever car. What I am looking out for is Reliabity, Cost of maintenance, Performance and Aesthetic. I have narrowed my shortlist down to three options based on my budget (1.8 - 2m). They're

Honda Accord 2007 (V6)
Toyota Camry 2006 XLE (V6)
Lexus ES 330

I would have added Toyota Camry 2007/8 but it is quite overpriced because I want a tokunbo car.

My heart wants the Honda because that car is just too sweet both interior and exterior but the reviews about transmission problems and ball point really putting me off because I want peace of mind too.

So my head is telling me to go for lexus or toyota. So folks I need suggestions especially from people who have had these beautiful babies before. Thanks as I wait your response.

Lexus ES330 full option with in dash DVD navigation screen
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Mrford(m): 9:14pm On Jan 25, 2020
IMOHS:

Only a stuborn fly follows a corpse to the grave.

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dicksonadams(m): 10:26pm On Jan 25, 2020
Mrford:

Only a stuborn fly follows a corpse to the grave.
lolz
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by josephsm823(m): 3:40pm On Jan 26, 2020
please what car can you recommend for a first time person?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 4:20pm On Jan 26, 2020
josephsm823:
please what car can you recommend for a first time person?

Chevrolet Camaro SS

5 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dgitrader(m): 4:33pm On Jan 26, 2020
grin
nurey:

Chevrolet Camaro SS
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by drakeskull(m): 4:36pm On Jan 26, 2020
ringi82:

I love the look and feel of that mini cooper, especially the interior. I would love to have this ride as my first car, but the reviews are not encouraging. Especially about the parts, i heard its quite expensive.

Mini is a BMW product and I wouldn't advice having as a first especially if you have no backup ride.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by holina: 5:00pm On Jan 26, 2020
kudos to the bosses in the house. please i need comparison between toyota matrix and toyota ra4
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by radautoworks: 12:05am On Jan 27, 2020
nurey:

Chevrolet Camaro SS

grin

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 5:53am On Jan 27, 2020
holina:
kudos to the bosses in the house. please i need comparison between toyota matrix and toyota ra4

Toyota matrix a hatchback with a 4 cylinder engine, available in FWD and AWD identical to Toyota Corolla in fuel economy.

Toyota RAV 4 a CUV, with a ground clearance higher than matrix, available in 4cylinder and a V6 depending on model year. The Rav 4 has a FWD and AWD variant, good rear cargo space and some variants with 3rd row seat (model year dependent).

we have always been hammering it that always input years when asking for comparison makes the job easier.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by NokiaN8(m): 6:30am On Jan 27, 2020
please I need a BMW E36 tokunbo engine four cylinder, 1996 model,,front censor.. am at Ilorin.. please if u have post it pics, and Price
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 6:44am On Jan 27, 2020
NokiaN8:
please I need a BMW E36 tokunbo engine four cylinder, 1996 model,,front censor.. am at Ilorin.. please if u have post it pics, and Price

Go and bump your former thread and specifically put M43 Engine there since that's what you need, also make your query in the official BMW thread. These is car comparison thread
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by holina: 7:08am On Jan 27, 2020
both 200`4 models
nurey:

Toyota matrix a hatchback with a 4 cylinder engine, available in FWD and AWD identical to Toyota Corolla in fuel economy.

Toyota RAV 4 a CUV, with a ground clearance higher than matrix, available in 4cylinder and a V6 depending on model year. The Rav 4 has a FWD and AWD variant, good rear cargo space and some variants with 3rd row seat (model year dependent).

we have always been hammering it that always input years when asking for comparison makes the job easier.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dicksonadams(m): 7:37am On Jan 27, 2020
nurey:

Chevrolet Camaro SS

How reliable is this car?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 8:02am On Jan 27, 2020
dicksonadams:

How reliable is this car?
As reliable as your pocket

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dicksonadams(m): 8:08am On Jan 27, 2020
nurey:

As reliable as your pocket

Ok

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (260) (Reply)

How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.