Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,390 members, 7,815,830 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread - Car Talk (100) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread (445918 Views)

A Look At 2019 Armoured Mercedes-Maybach S560,Official Car Of President Buhari / So Buhari's Official Car Na Boi Boi Sef... / Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by BarrSly: 10:18pm On Jan 09, 2020
Guys quick one please

Between

2002-2005 Lexus ES 300/330

2006 Toyota Avalon

2007 Toyota Camry

Which is advisable to get in terms of performance, durability, fuel efficiency, availability of parts.

I’m a young guy a I won’t be using for wear and tear practices lol just drive to the office, to court for my cases, to church and to hangouts or outings which I’m not really one for.

Please advise me.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by radautoworks: 7:34am On Jan 10, 2020
BarrSly:
Guys quick one please

Between

2006 Toyota Avalon

2007 Toyota Camry

Which is advisable to get in terms of performance, durability, fuel efficiency, availability of parts.

I’m a young guy a I won’t be using for wear and tear practices lol just drive to the office, to court for my cases, to church and to hangouts or outings which I’m not really one for.

Please advise me.

This comparison has been done dozens is times on this thread. Please read through this thread.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 8:48am On Jan 10, 2020
BarrSly:
Guys quick one please

Between

2006 Toyota Avalon

2007 Toyota Camry

Please advise me.

Luxury

Avalon

ES

Camry

fuel economy

Camry i4

Camry V6

ES

Avalon

Maintenance and cost of ownership
Camry i4

ES

Camry V6

Avalon

Practicality I did pick Lexus ES330 it is a balance between Camry and Avalon
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by radautoworks: 7:36pm On Jan 10, 2020
nurey:

Luxury

Avalon

ES

Camry

fuel economy

Camry i4

Camry V6

ES

Avalon

Maintenance and cost of ownership
Camry i4

ES

Camry V6

Avalon

Practicality I did pick Lexus ES330 Avalon it is a balance between Camry and Avalon Lexus ES330

Fixed it!
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 7:39pm On Jan 10, 2020
radautoworks:

Fixed it!
Did you scan before fixing? grin

4 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by foolbuster: 10:30pm On Jan 10, 2020
radautoworks:

This comparison has been done dozens is times on this thread. Please read through this thread.

He should go and start reading through 100 pages because he asked a question that you can easily answer. You should have provided him the link of the comparison na aaa undecided

3 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Philadelphia: 11:01pm On Jan 10, 2020
foolbuster:

He should go and start reading through 100 pages because he asked a question that you can easily answer. You should have provided him the link of the comparison na aaa undecided

I tire for some people.

Someone may do a search via Google and then comes to a page. Asks a question and instead of giving him an answer, you request that he goes through 100 pages to find the answer.

Who wouldn't forget the question before going through 10 pages?

I'm a mem er of other online fora. It's only in Nigeria that you hear such answers like; "go though the comments/ pages. It has been answered earlier".

4 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by radautoworks: 6:22am On Jan 11, 2020
nurey:

Did you scan before fixing? grin

Always lol

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by banky3w(m): 9:15am On Jan 11, 2020
radautoworks:

Always lol
I'm not sure you did oh. See as you misdiagnosed and put Avalon between the Camry and the ES300/330. Not even the ES350 sef. Go and rescan madame grin grin grin
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Fentanyl: 9:22am On Jan 11, 2020
Philadelphia:

I tire for some people.

Someone may do a search via Google and then comes to a page. Asks a question and instead of giving him an answer, you request that he goes through 100 pages to find the answer.

Who wouldn't forget the question before going through 10 pages?

I'm a mem er of other online fora. It's only in Nigeria that you hear such answers like; "go though the comments/ pages. It has been answered earlier".

story teller

go to clublexus US forum and post a question that has been addressed and resolved before, and see if anybody would start all over to respond to you

the best they would do is to point you to the link where the issue was discussed before

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by radautoworks: 9:32am On Jan 11, 2020
banky3w:

I'm not sure you did oh. See as you misdiagnosed and put Avalon between the Camry and the ES300/330. Not even the ES350 sef. Go and rescan madame grin grin grin

it's between na. i used to work for toyota wink
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:02am On Jan 11, 2020
Fentanyl:

story teller

go to clublexus US forum and post a question that has been addressed and resolved before, and see if anybody would start all over to respond to you

the best they would do is to point you to the link where the issue was discussed before

Depends on the forum, tbh. Some are more welcoming than others.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by banky3w(m): 1:11pm On Jan 11, 2020
radautoworks:

it's between na. i used to work for toyota wink
Not production definitely...... Maybe you were a dealer. grin
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by radautoworks: 1:41pm On Jan 11, 2020
banky3w:

Not production definitely...... Maybe you were a dealer. grin

Before Toyota, Chrysler/Jeep. Never a dealer. Part of my job was to know the entire lineup specs as well as the direct competitor's. Nurey on steroids grin
Been a minute though. Around the time the Prius and solara drop top (curvy) was introduced
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by banky3w(m): 1:55pm On Jan 11, 2020
radautoworks:

Before Toyota, Chrysler/Jeep. Never a dealer. Part of my job was to know the entire lineup specs as well as the direct competitor's. Nurey on steroids grin
Been a minute though. Around the time the Prius and solara drop top (curvy) was introduced
Good..... Then how the hell would you rate a ES300/330 above the 2005 avalon in all ramifications? Pray, tell....
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by philip2014(m): 2:19pm On Jan 11, 2020
Please which car (s) will you advice I buy for uber
I have a budget of 1m. max.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by radautoworks: 3:22pm On Jan 11, 2020
banky3w:

Good..... Then how the hell would you rate a ES300/330 above the 2005 avalon in all ramifications? Pray, tell....

Avalon is flagship in it's line es300 is entry level in it's line. Avalon is for those that wanted top of the line not entry level vehicle. Conversely, es300 is for those who want a Lexus even if it is the bottom line. Kind of like c class is meant to be.

It's only in Nigeria Avalon dey chop disrespect line this. On that note, agree to disagree.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car-chat/148116-2005-toyota-avalon-vs-lexus-es330.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-3rd-gen-2001-2006/150655-2006-avalon-vs-ls430-yes-you-read-that-right.html
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dicksonadams(m): 3:39pm On Jan 14, 2020
Hi guys please what your thoughts on Honda element

Ruggedness
Cost of maintenance
Transmission longevity
Easy part
Average market price
Etc
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by donuba61: 5:13pm On Jan 15, 2020
Pls Nurey and other car gurus, pls help me with the price of 2008 Honda civic gear box.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dicksonadams(m): 5:58pm On Jan 15, 2020
donuba61:
Pls Nurey and other car gurus, pls help me with the price of 2008 Honda civic gear box.

Cc luvinhubby
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by makjo900: 7:07pm On Jan 15, 2020
Fentanyl:

story teller

You can't compare, the clublexus is always updated with the latest car discussions which is different from this were you ask questions about 15 year old cars. Also on clublexus, you can be given links to the threads and if a new thread is opened, they are sometimes merged with existing thread on that particular subject matter. Let's help each other nonetheless. Cheers brothers
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ConAir(m): 1:55pm On Jan 19, 2020
Hello house please i need help in comparison of these cars
Lexus Es350
Lexus Rx330
Toyota Camry 07 v6
Lexus Gs300
Please can you give a detailed analysis mainly on
Affordability
Maintenance
Fuel Economy and kind of prestige
Cc nurey, heavenlybang, kingreign, eddee, banky3w and all respected car talk gurus. Thank you all.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 2:06pm On Jan 19, 2020
ConAir:
Lexus Es350
Lexus Rx330
Toyota Camry 07 v6
Lexus Gs300
Affordability
Maintenance
Cc nurey, heavenlybang, kingreign, eddee, banky3w and all respected car talk gurus. Thank you all.

The RX330 is a CUV, has ground clearance as an advantage out of the vehicles in your list.

I don't know what year the GS is but if it's the 06 upwards it has a more luxurious finish and fitting than the ES350 and V6 camry
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 2:28pm On Jan 19, 2020
ConAir:
Lexus Es350
Lexus Rx330
Toyota Camry 07 v6
Lexus Gs300
Affordability
Maintenance

Affordability: Camry V6>GS300>ES350>RX330
Maintenance: Camry V6>RX330>ES350>GS300
Fuel economy: Camry V6>ES350>GS300@>RX330
Prestige: ES350>GS300>RX330>Camry V6

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ConAir(m): 8:02pm On Jan 19, 2020
nurey:

The RX330 is a CUV, has ground clearance as an advantage out of the vehicles in your list.

I don't know what year the GS is but if it's the 06 upwards it has a more luxurious finish and fitting than the ES350 and V6 camry
thank you for your response, what can you say about the fuel Economy about this vehicles.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ConAir(m): 8:04pm On Jan 19, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Affordability: Camry V6>GS300>ES350>RX330
Maintenance: Camry V6>RX330>ES350>GS300
Fuel economy: Camry V6>ES350>GS300@>RX330
Prestige: ES350>GS300>RX330>Camry V6
Thanks, please which is for a young guy considering fuel Economy?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:09pm On Jan 19, 2020
ConAir:
Thanks, please which is for a young guy considering fuel Economy?

Buy the ES350 and enjoy your car.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ak22(m): 8:18pm On Jan 19, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

All of those cars are solid. I'd personally look for a 2010 TSX V6, but that's just me. wink

ES350 will be the most reliable and cheapest to maintain.
IS250 will be the smallest.

Pls smallest as how ?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 9:59pm On Jan 19, 2020
ConAir:
thank you for your response, what can you say about the fuel Economy about this vehicles.

Buy the ES350

I don't know what engine your GS is packing whether 3GR-FE or 3GR-FSE.

If you fuel economy Camry 4.cylinder should be your target, all the vehicle Camry V6, ES350 and GS have close identical fuel economy
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 6:38am On Jan 20, 2020
nurey:

Buy the ES350

If you fuel economy Camry 4.cylinder should be your target, all the vehicle Camry V6, ES350 and GS have close identical fuel economy

3GR-FSE.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ConAir(m): 8:42am On Jan 20, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Buy the ES350 and enjoy your car.
Thanks boss i appreciate.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ConAir(m): 8:42am On Jan 20, 2020
nurey:

Buy the ES350

Thank you boss.

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (259) (Reply)

How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars

Viewing this topic: Decentlyproud(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.