Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread - Car Talk (101) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread (446008 Views)

A Look At 2019 Armoured Mercedes-Maybach S560,Official Car Of President Buhari / So Buhari's Official Car Na Boi Boi Sef... / Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by PrinceDave001(m): 10:15am On Jan 20, 2020
Guys quick one please
Between a 2008 Hyundai Elantra and a 2005 Toyota corolla. .
Kindly compare
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Majesty08: 1:15am On Jan 21, 2020
Compare mercedez c180 1999/2002 v peugeot 206 2004
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 5:38am On Jan 21, 2020
PrinceDave001:
Guys quick one please
Between a 2008 Hyundai Elantra and a 2005 Toyota corolla. .
Kindly compare

That Elantra is a strong car in it's class, has 1.6L and 2.0L that can rival the Corolla in fuel economy. Resale value and ruggedity the Corolla has an edge.

The Elantra is not a robber magnet though and is more recent in years. so factor in the points I made to pick your choice.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Nobody: 5:41am On Jan 21, 2020
Majesty08:
No basis for comparison.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 5:42am On Jan 21, 2020
Majesty08:

The Benz is a tank on road.

The 206 though miniature is a solid car, can't seat 3 adults at the rear comfortably, good on gas around 4 to 5L/100km, doesn't have electrical issues like 406, parts are cheaper than the Benz and are original and strong.
206 blends well on the road and a Visa through every checkpoint of any paramilitary in Nigeria.

Your choice should depend on what interior volume you need, though the 206 has very ample room in the front.

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Nobody: 5:57am On Jan 21, 2020
nurey:

The 206 though miniature is a solid car, can't seat 3 adults at the rear comfortably, good on gas around 4 to 5L/100km, doesn't have electrical issues like 406, parts are cheaper than the Benz and are original and strong.
206 blends well on the road and a Visa through every checkpoint of any paramilitary in Nigeria.

Your choice should depend on what interior volume you need, though the 206 has very ample room in the front.
Has multiple electric issues, rear camber issues, ECU issues, bleeping radio issues, interference engine issues, the only thing really good about it is the fuel economy. Don't forget the signal indicator issues, name it, you got it booku booku...

The c klasse is a solid car but has peculiar issues with the saddle fuel tank.... It is a simple problem though.

3 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 6:31am On Jan 21, 2020
Smartchoiice:

Has multiple electric issues, rear camber issues, ECU issues, bleeping radio issues, interference engine issues, the only thing really good about it is the fuel economy. Don't forget the signal indicator issues, name it, you got it booku booku...

The c klasse is a solid car but has peculiar issues with the saddle fuel tank.... It is a simple problem though.

I didn't have those issues in my 206, maybe you bought a lemon Aloku car, don't vent your frustrations on Peugeot, they are not the cause of next level grin
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by radautoworks: 7:34am On Jan 21, 2020
Majesty08:
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Nobody: 7:59am On Jan 21, 2020
nurey:

I didn't have those issues in my 206, maybe you bought a lemon Aloku car, don't vent your frustrations on Peugeot, they are not the cause of next level grin
Always talk true
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Majesty08: 12:16pm On Jan 21, 2020
Thanks bro, this is gonna be very helpful, am going for 206 as my first car!
nurey:

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by AnaCheks(m): 7:22pm On Jan 21, 2020
Please compare.... Volvo Xc90 2007 T5 and T6.
Cc Valarinz
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 8:42pm On Jan 21, 2020
AnaCheks:
Please compare.... Volvo Xc90 2007 T5 and T6.
Cc Valarinz

If you are sure it's a 2007 model with 5speed on the T6 instead of 4speed you are good to go on the T6

straight T5 wasn't available in the 07 facelift it was replaced by SI6

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by streetsoldier1(m): 9:36pm On Jan 21, 2020
thebigkendo:
Between a corolla or Benz s550? Both naija used, Fuel economy, rugged and availability of parts, luxury and speed.
Can the s550 carry me from Ikorodu to berger then ajah and back on 2000 fuel?

Peejo (Peugeot 407) did that with #1450 fuel, auto with a/c on

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by AnaCheks(m): 9:47pm On Jan 21, 2020
nurey:

If you are sure it's a 2007 model with 5speed on the T6 instead of 4speed you are good to go on the T6

straight T5 wasn't available in the 07 facelift it was replaced by SI6
Please can we discuss more, how do I reach you?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 5:24am On Jan 22, 2020
AnaCheks:
Please can we discuss more, how do I reach you?

check my signature my mail and WhatsApp number is there

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by usedcartips(m): 7:48am On Jan 22, 2020
HeavenlyBang:
Getting tired of seeing so many "2018 Range Roger Evoque or 1995 Toyota Corolla, which one should I buy?" posts.

The goal of this thread is to hold all the comparison posts, and also for those looking for car recommendations. [s]Especially since Nurey no wan follow directives. [/s]

When looking for a recommendation, please state your budget and the purpose of the car. Factors you're concerned with (fuel economy, luxury, design, drive ability, tech features, etc) should also be stated, as well as any questions you may have.

Hopefully the Cartalk gurus will have an answer for everyone. I'll try as much as possible to help with the little I know, too.

Cc: sultaan, egunmogaji, piyke, Obekediamondfuto, thebigkendo, thecar, sooperrescue, Banky3w, LeJeun3, Mayor2013, autologic, Autoelectng, Kingreign, chukel, radautoworks, opsudei1, oblo, weyreypey, razaqmb, nurey, nwanneni, Princetom1, Gazzuzz, cosplay, johnabraham, evilspirit,deedee44, carshopper, protocol, taxiappguy, ifyeez,gentlelife50, jayooh, jergermeister, lacomb, chillex8, fogman, Enyinne krisrock. akanniade10 Kashif chucsmoore, nakoks, costee, Readonee35L, shagati, timifakay, jakumo, valarinz, radautoworks

Hope I didn't miss anyone. angry

Toyota remains my favorite brand however, if I am to choose between Yaris and Mini Cooper, I would choose the latter. While the Yaris offers Toyota Safety Sense, the MINI offers comparable safety technology features and a peppy engine to boot. Comparing the Yaris vs. MINI Cooper Price at https://www.CheapCARS.ng the difference is not much.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by IMOHS(m): 11:40am On Jan 22, 2020
Please what about comparison between 2003-2008 Toyota matrix and Pontiac vibe of same year
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 12:13pm On Jan 22, 2020
IMOHS:
Please what about comparison between 2003-2008 Toyota matrix and Pontiac vibe of same year

Pontiac vibe and matrix are very identical twins except for few differences.

in real life, the matrix body parts (shell) is cheaper than the vibe body parts (headlamps, bumper, door handle etc). But people prefer vibe because it doesn't carry the Toyota badge so robbers don't come close to it.

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ConAir(m): 6:07pm On Jan 22, 2020
Hello house please can you give a detailed analysis on Rx330 vs Es350. Please i need a detailed analysis i am kind of confused. Thank you all.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by theoilguy: 7:18pm On Jan 22, 2020
Get your USA Mobil and Castrol extended performance motor oils...
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 7:49pm On Jan 22, 2020
theoilguy:
Get your USA Mobil and Castrol extended performance motor oils...

You have now taken over from Dru Hawking oil all over threads is your last name Hawkins? grin

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 8:04pm On Jan 22, 2020
ConAir:
Hello house please can you give a detailed analysis on
Rx330 vs Es350.
Please i need a detailed analysis i am kind of confused. Thank you all.

RX330 a CUV with a 3.3L V6 engine with a combined fuel economy of 13L/100km available in FWD or 4WD 5spees transmission

vs

ES350 a sedan with a 3.5L V6 engine with a combined fuel economy of 10L/100km available in FWD only vehicle with 6speed transmission

3MZ (3.3) engine price 220 to 270k depending on source
5speed transmission 2xxk plus

2GR (3.5) Engine price 280k to 350k depending on source
6speed transmission total changing and oil replacement included around 400k

both vehicles have base trim that is completely empty and have a posh trim with shaki, Edo, kpanla, abodi, fuku, roundabout so when you see one more expensive than the other and are both same year, just know the expensive one nah him be the sweet soup, the cheap one nah concoction grin

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by theoilguy: 8:54pm On Jan 22, 2020
nurey:

You have now taken over from Dru Hawking oil all over threads is your last name Hawkins? grin

It is o�
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by anyibig: 10:19am On Jan 23, 2020
Hi guys, I'm buying my first car and I'm considering either bmw x3 2009 and Ford Edge 2009. Please advice. Thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dru23(m): 11:38am On Jan 23, 2020
nurey:

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dru23(m): 11:46am On Jan 23, 2020
theoilguy:

It is o�

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ConAir(m): 2:47pm On Jan 23, 2020
nurey:

RX330 a CUV with a 3.3L V6 engine with a combined fuel economy of 13L/100km available in FWD or 4WD 5spees transmission

vs

ES350 a sedan with a 3.5L V6 engine with a combined fuel economy of 10L/100km available in FWD only vehicle with 6speed transmission

3MZ (3.3) engine price 220 to 270k depending on source
5speed transmission 2xxk plus

2GR (3.5) Engine price 280k to 350k depending on source
6speed transmission total changing and oil replacement included around 400k

both vehicles have base trim that is completely empty and have a posh trim with shaki, Edo, kpanla, abodi, fuku, roundabout so when you see one more expensive than the other and are both same year, just know the expensive one nah him be the sweet soup, the cheap one nah concoction grin
Thank you Oga Nurey from what you wrote i can deduce that Es350 parts are expensive than the rx, and also consumes more fuel than the rx.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 2:52pm On Jan 23, 2020
ConAir:

from what you wrote i can deduce that Es350 parts are expensive than the rx

Right

.:

and also consumes more fuel than the rx.

Wrong read my breakdown again.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ConAir(m): 8:23pm On Jan 23, 2020
nurey:

Right

Wrong read my breakdown again.
Thank you i now understand perfectly. Please Oga Nurey base to base which is more loaded and please lastly is premium fuel required or recommend. Thank you boss.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 9:54pm On Jan 23, 2020
ConAir:
Thank you i now understand perfectly. Please Oga Nurey base to base which is more loaded and please lastly is premium fuel required or recommend. Thank you boss.

Recommended probably for the ES, I doubt it for the RX since it's a 3mz. But you will be fine Sha

Base to Base Both have something the other doesn't so basically we can say it's a tie but I expect an ES350 base to be better than the RX since ES has many years ahead of the RX
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ConAir(m): 10:27pm On Jan 23, 2020
nurey:

Recommended probably for the ES, I doubt it for the RX since it's a 3mz. But you will be fine Sha

Base to Base Both have something the other doesn't so basically we can say it's a tie but I expect an ES350 base to be better than the RX since ES has many years ahead of the RX
Thanks boss for your time may GOD ALMIGHTY BLESS YOU.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by IMOHS(m): 6:05pm On Jan 24, 2020
Please house I need advice, car will be shipped from usa, seller says repairs will be done in Nigeria within 48hrs. Do you think it's a good buy?

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (259) (Reply)

How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.