Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,817 members, 7,810,137 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:29 PM

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread - Car Talk (131) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread (444405 Views)

A Look At 2019 Armoured Mercedes-Maybach S560,Official Car Of President Buhari / So Buhari's Official Car Na Boi Boi Sef... / Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) ... (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Ochima75(m): 1:38am On Jul 07, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Cheapest to purchase, very good fuel economy, better build quality than the Kia and Hyundai, no major issues as far as I know too.

I thought they said honda city especially that year usually experience gearbox failure
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Ochima75(m): 1:44am On Jul 07, 2020
peeps4u:

Please, how good is the fuel economy of i4 accord 03-05? Is there any significant difference with Corolla? A friend who uses eod said he hasn't seen any significant difference in fuel economy between the two.

Please don't ever compare my baby to a corolla of same year. If not........

Anyways, once engine is sound & no trouble codes. Your EOD is still almost as fuel efficient as corolla.

4 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ksmart027(m): 7:24am On Jul 07, 2020
Ochima75:

I thought they said honda city especially that year usually experience gearbox failure
Honda city comes with cvt not automatic, cvt dont take abuse like automatic. So if you are buying, stick to the recommended cvt oil.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by joefit4gur(m): 8:38pm On Jul 07, 2020
MB ML 350 or the RAV4 (‘06 upwards)
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by peeps4u: 9:00pm On Jul 07, 2020
Philadelphia:

There's a difference in mpg rating for both cars. However, you'll get a better driving experience (better audio/ stereo, speed, comfort and handling) on the accord than you'll find on the corolla.

I'll advice you pick the i4 accord instead of the corolla.

Ensure you get a really good one and pamper the car. Run maintenance regularly and you're good to go.

You can't go wrong with the accord.

Forget the hype on the corolla. It's not worth the hype jare.

Thanks bro
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Ochima75(m): 8:11am On Jul 09, 2020
ksmart027:

Honda city comes with cvt not automatic, cvt dont take abuse like automatic. So if you are buying, stick to the recommended cvt oil.

Ohh now i understand. Thanks!

Never knew honda made cars with CVT. I've only seen that kinda transmission on MITSUBISHIs

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Ekakamba: 11:07am On Jul 09, 2020
Hello Cargurus!

Which one should my bro select between a Nigeria used Honda Civic 2008 1.4i Sport & Tokunbo Volkswagen Polo 2000?

CC: nurey et al.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 11:28am On Jul 09, 2020
Ekakamba:
Hello Cargurus!

Which one should my bro select between a Nigeria used Honda Civic 2008 1.4i Sport & Tokunbo Volkswagen Polo 2000?

CC: nurey et al.

Honda Civic for me

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Ekakamba: 1:41pm On Jul 09, 2020
nurey:

Honda Civic for me

Thanks.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by foolbuster: 5:11pm On Jul 09, 2020
Ochima75:

Please don't ever compare my baby to a corolla of same year. If not........

Anyways, once engine is sound & no trouble codes. Your EOD is still almost as fuel efficient as corolla.

Bros leave talk. They are all in the same class. Na just marketing.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by chijioke17(m): 10:41pm On Jul 09, 2020
Please I need a comparison honda civic 2006-2009 Vs Camry 2002 to 2006

Highpoints: fuel efficiency, maintenance cost, durability and luxury thank you
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Passionate888: 11:26pm On Jul 09, 2020
Thanks Radautoworks for sharing the link.

My question is between Hyundai Elantra '09 and Nissan Altima '09, which is better in terms of availability of parts and fuel comsumption.

PS; someone told me that Nissan products are plagued with electrical issues, how true is it?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 1:35pm On Jul 10, 2020
Passionate888:
Thanks Radautoworks for sharing the link.

My question is between Hyundai Elantra '09 and Nissan Altima '09, which is better in terms of availability of parts and fuel comsumption.

PS; someone told me that Nissan products are plagued with electrical issues, how true is it?

Nissan are not plaqued with electrical issues. For your query you will be better off with the Hyundai Elantra

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 1:37pm On Jul 10, 2020
chijioke17:
Please I need a comparison honda civic 2006-2009 Vs Camry 2002 to 2006

Highpoints: fuel efficiency, maintenance cost, durability and luxury thank you

Fuel efficiency- Civic

maintenance cost- Civic

Durability- engine Civic
- Body Camry

Luxury- Camry XLE

4 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by chijioke17(m): 2:22pm On Jul 10, 2020
nurey:

Fuel efficiency- Civic

maintenance cost- Civic

Durability- engine Civic
- Body Camry

Luxury- Camry XLE
Thank you
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by saheedniyi22(m): 4:23pm On Jul 10, 2020
Someone kindly check the mileage of all these cars for me, does it look reasonable because feel the difference between them is too much.

PS: I know nothing about cars, I just need the mileage for something.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by FineUsername(m): 10:50am On Jul 11, 2020
Hi hi gurus!

Please I need your help.

There's the clean 9ja used Honda Civic 2009 European version for sale. I love this ride but I don't know about it's reliability, maintenance and fuel consumption compare or the US/Canada version.

Thanks.

ksmart07
foolbuster
nurey
heavenlybang.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by gbens2000(m): 11:49am On Jul 11, 2020
House, pls is 2010 Corolla maintenance same as 2006 or 2007 Corolla.... Maintenance n body parts?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 2:16pm On Jul 11, 2020
gbens2000:
House, pls is 2010 Corolla maintenance same as 2006 or 2007 Corolla.... Maintenance n body parts?

little difference
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 2:17pm On Jul 11, 2020
FineUsername:
Hi hi gurus!

Please I need your help.

There's the clean 9ja used Honda Civic 2009 European version for sale. I love this ride but I don't know about it's reliability, maintenance and fuel consumption compare or the US/Canada version.

Thanks.

European version was just made sporty to make it more appealing. Also depends on what engine is available in the European version you talking about
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 2:20pm On Jul 11, 2020
saheedniyi22:
Someone kindly check the mileage of all these cars for me, does it look reasonable because feel the difference between them is too much.

PS: I know nothing about cars, I just need the mileage for something.
Thanks

mileage is meant to be different even for same car model and year, depends on where it was used and how it was used.

some mechanical part do fail on high mileage use, but high mileage doesn't necessarily mean ill maintained vehicle.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by foolbuster: 3:03pm On Jul 11, 2020
FineUsername:
Hi hi gurus!

Please I need your help.

Thanks.

ksmart07
foolbuster
nurey
heavenlybang.

They are all the same thing. Its not as if there is a huge difference.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Frankjanet: 3:22pm On Jul 11, 2020
House pls I have 1.7m to 1.8m and I want to get a car for personal use [30%] and Uber/bolt package [70%] I don't knw which car to get, but personally I don't like Corolla 2004-2006 and Honda Civic 2006-2007... Pls which car can I get again. My location is Abuja
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 3:40pm On Jul 11, 2020
Frankjanet:
House pls I have 1.7m to 1.8m and I want to get a car for personal use [30%] and Uber/bolt package [70%] I don't knw which car to get, but personally I don't like Corolla 2004-2006 and Honda Civic 2006-2007... Pls which car can I get again. My location is Abuja

Honda City.
People also seem to have good things to say about the Peugeot 307. YMMV.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Frankjanet: 3:56pm On Jul 11, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Honda City.
People also seem to have good things to say about the Peugeot 307. YMMV.
Okay sir, so u don't advice Camry 2007-2009 Or Corolla 2010 or Camry 2010?... I don't like Corolla 2004-2007 bcus of d size
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ksmart027(m): 4:19pm On Jul 11, 2020
nurey:

European version was just made sporty to make it more appealing. Also depends on what engine is available in the European version you talking about
Sorry oga nurey i thought european version are hatch back
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ksmart027(m): 4:22pm On Jul 11, 2020
FineUsername:
Hi hi gurus!

Please I need your help.

Thanks.

ksmart07
foolbuster
nurey
heavenlybang.
Boss the are all the same thing in reliability and fuel consumption, Make inquiry if the parts are available before purchasing.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 4:28pm On Jul 11, 2020
ksmart027:

Sorry oga nurey i thought european version are hatch back

yes it is, comes with 1.4 dsi, 1.4 ivtec, 1.8 and the performance 2.0 engine on type R and Si
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ksmart027(m): 5:24pm On Jul 11, 2020
nurey:

yes it is, comes with 1.4 dsi, 1.4 ivtec, 1.8 and the performance 2.0 engine on type R and Si
ok, i think is better he sticks with the i.8 i vtec. Thanks anyway.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by honda001: 6:20pm On Jul 11, 2020
hey boss, I have always want to buy Honda accord 2009 or 2010 model,but recently am so much in love with Hyundai sonata 2011.

please, I know the sonata is more expensive.... I need a closed comparison between the two of them

thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 6:46pm On Jul 11, 2020
honda001:
hey boss, I have always want to buy Honda accord 2009 or 2010 model,but recently am so much in love with Hyundai sonata 2011.

please, I know the sonata is more expensive.... I need a closed comparison between the two of them

thanks

Buy an ES350 and rest.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) ... (259) (Reply)

How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.