Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,758 members, 7,809,923 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:15 PM

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread - Car Talk (132) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread (444373 Views)

A Look At 2019 Armoured Mercedes-Maybach S560,Official Car Of President Buhari / So Buhari's Official Car Na Boi Boi Sef... / Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Ibasalin(m): 9:31am On Jul 12, 2020
Please help me to select best car for the first time user, am considering two brands which is Honda. Accord DC (2006/007) and Toyota Corolla2004/005 which one is best in term of: Durability, Maintenance, Luxury and Fuel Efficiency. Am budgeting 1.3 to 1.7. thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Philadelphia: 11:31am On Jul 12, 2020
Ibasalin:
Please help me to select best car for the first time user, am considering two brands which is Honda (2006/007) and Toyota Corolla2004/005 which one is best in term of: Durability, Maintenance, Luxury and Fuel Efficiency. Am budgeting 1.3 to 1.7. thanks

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ksmart027(m): 12:03pm On Jul 12, 2020
Ibasalin:
Please help me to select best car for the first time user, am considering two brands which is Honda (2006/007) and Toyota Corolla2004/005 which one is best in term of: Durability, Maintenance, Luxury and Fuel Efficiency. Am budgeting 1.3 to 1.7. thanks
Honda is a make, we have honda accord, honda civic, honda city and honda jazz. Which of the model do you want to go for?

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ParkiaZerm(m): 4:46pm On Jul 12, 2020
Hello house.
Pls. Compare 2013 honda accord and 2013 Nissan Altima in (both I4 and V6) in terms of
1. Reliability
2. Cost of maintenance
3. Performance in the V6 models

Heavenlybang
Nurey
Philadelphia
Gazzuz
Anybody.
Thanks.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 5:11pm On Jul 12, 2020
ParkiaZerm:
Hello house.
Pls. Compare 2013 honda accord and 2013 Nissan Altima in (both I4 and V6) in terms of
1. Reliability
2. Cost of maintenance

Thanks.

Even though I like experimenting with new things, I will pick the Accord because it is tested and trusted. It tops out in most basic things a vehicle stands for.

reliability Accord

cost of maintenance Accord

performance Nissan

Design Nissan

resale value Accord

for outward appeal and head Turner the Nissan has it. But like I said the most basic important things, the Accord wins
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 5:45pm On Jul 12, 2020
ParkiaZerm:
Hello house.
1. Reliability
2. Cost of maintenance

Heavenlybang
Nurey
Philadelphia
Gazzuz
Anybody.
Thanks.

That Altima is useless. There's nothing it does better than the Accord. Nothing!

4 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 5:47pm On Jul 12, 2020
nurey:

Even though I like experimenting with new things, I will pick the Accord because it is tested and trusted. It tops out in most basic things a vehicle stands for.

reliability Accord

performance Nissan

Design Nissan

resale value Accord

for outward appeal and head Turner the Nissan has it. But like I said the most basic important things, the Accord wins

Which appeal abeg?
This rubbish car?

4 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 5:52pm On Jul 12, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Which appeal abeg?
This rubbish car?

To you it maybe rubbish grin to the avid followers it's the best thing after Banga soup tongue

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Philadelphia: 9:24pm On Jul 12, 2020
nurey:

reliability Accord

performance Nissan

Design Nissan

resale value Accord

The Accord wins here.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Philadelphia: 9:25pm On Jul 12, 2020
ParkiaZerm:
Hello house.
1. Reliability
2. Cost of maintenance

Heavenlybang
Nurey
Philadelphia
Gazzuz
Anybody.
Thanks.

The Accord wins here.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by kingreign(m): 9:55pm On Jul 12, 2020
nurey:

reliability Accord

performance Nissan

Design Nissan

resale value Accord

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by kingreign(m): 9:55pm On Jul 12, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

That Altima is useless. There's nothing it does better than the Accord. Nothing!
Thank you. Your head get oil.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by calabardick(m): 10:24pm On Jul 12, 2020
Considering the following;
- conditions of our roads
- reliability
- availability of parts
- cost of maintenance
- durability
- endurance

Which of these minivans will be best for interstate transportation business [Lagos - PH - Abuja]
2007 Toyota Sienna
2010 Honda Odyssey

Thanks for your contributions.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dicksonadams(m): 10:56pm On Jul 12, 2020
calabardick:
Considering the following;
- conditions of our roads
- reliability
- availability of parts
- cost of maintenance
- durability
- endurance

Which of these minivans will be best for interstate transportation business [Lagos - PH - Abuja]
2007 Toyota Sienna
2010 Honda Odyssey

Thanks for your contributions.

Sienna is better

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ParkiaZerm(m): 11:40pm On Jul 12, 2020
nurey:

reliability Accord

performance Nissan

Design Nissan

resale value Accord

Thank you
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ParkiaZerm(m): 11:41pm On Jul 12, 2020
Philadelphia:

The Accord wins here.
Thank you
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ParkiaZerm(m): 11:41pm On Jul 12, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Thank you
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nonhuman(m): 12:19am On Jul 13, 2020
Please house how durable is Toyota Avalon 2001 compared to Volvo s60, which of them its easier to maintain and more fuel efficient
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nonhuman(m): 12:22am On Jul 13, 2020
Between Mercedes Benz and BMW, which one is more cost effective in therms maintenance in Nigeria
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by donuba61: 8:43am On Jul 13, 2020
Good day nuray and other car gurus here. I have a Honda civic 2008 that was bought brand new by the previous owner, the car don't have custom paper, my question is can i travel interstate with the car without custom wahala? The car has Honda receipt showing it was bought brand new.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by FineUsername(m): 9:18am On Jul 13, 2020
ksmart027:

Boss the are all the same thing in reliability and fuel consumption, Make inquiry if the parts are available before purchasing.

Thanks baba! Is your emphasis on engine parts or body parts?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ksmart027(m): 9:47am On Jul 13, 2020
FineUsername:

Thanks baba! Is your emphasis on engine parts or body parts?
Body parts, the engine parts are quite the same. Though i will advise you get the 1.8l
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by chijioke17(m): 11:28am On Jul 13, 2020
Goodday all, please a friend called me that someone wants to sell a Toyota Camry 2003 for 670k last. Only issue is that the engine is smoking. I really don't know much about cars except the basics. My questions are
1. Is it a minor issue?, What are the downsides
2. If it requires changing the engine, would it be full engine or half?.
3. And what's the cost of a Camry engine half and full
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Clintsoch: 12:06pm On Jul 13, 2020
Hello Guys, please is there any major difference between an '08 RX 350 and an '08 RX 400H.

Which of the two is a better ride?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:08pm On Jul 13, 2020
Clintsoch:
Hello Guys, please is there any major difference between an '08 RX 350 and an '08 RX 400H.

The RX400H is a hybrid. Please avoid.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Clintsoch: 12:36pm On Jul 13, 2020
Thank you
HeavenlyBang:

The RX400H is a hybrid. Please avoid.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Philadelphia: 1:22pm On Jul 13, 2020
Clintsoch:

The rx350 is your best bet.

For me, I'd rather do an rx330 of 2005 which is same chasis as the 2008 rx350.

If I must do an rx (especiallyrx350), then it must be 2010 and above.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 3:12pm On Jul 13, 2020
Philadelphia:

Same chassis but I believe there were other significant improvements.
https://www.topspeed.com/cars/lexus/2007-lexus-rx-350-ar12038.html
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Philadelphia: 5:22pm On Jul 13, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Same chassis but I believe there were other significant improvements.
https://www.topspeed.com/cars/lexus/2007-lexus-rx-350-ar12038.html

Sure bro. Its not just all about speed all the time nah
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Clintsoch: 7:54pm On Jul 13, 2020
Thank you.
Philadelphia:

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by FineUsername(m): 9:40am On Jul 14, 2020
ksmart027:

Body parts, the engine parts are quite the same. Though i will advise you get the 1.8l

Thank you so much for your help.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:42am On Jul 14, 2020
Philadelphia:

Sure bro. Its not just all about speed all the time nah

Lol, the link I shared has nothing to do with speed. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (259) (Reply)

How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.