Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,856 members, 7,820,980 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread - Car Talk (175) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread (447355 Views)

A Look At 2019 Armoured Mercedes-Maybach S560,Official Car Of President Buhari / So Buhari's Official Car Na Boi Boi Sef... / Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) ... (260) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by adeememman(m): 3:31pm On May 06, 2021
nurey:

Toyota products are expensive, his budget may not buy pass 2005 rav4
Hello Sir.
Which durable cuv/SUV will great fuel economy will you recommend in the price range 2.5 million which is 08 and above.( not necessarily Toyota)
Secondly, what is your opinion on the 09/10 Toyota matrix.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 5:09pm On May 06, 2021
adeememman:

Hello Sir.
Which durable cuv/SUV will great fuel economy will you recommend in the price range 2.5 million which is 08 and above.( not necessarily Toyota)
Secondly, what is your opinion on the 09/10 Toyota matrix.

CUV and SUV aren't known much for great fuel economy compared to sedans. They are useful for ground clearance to wade through pool of water and bad roads and offcourse cargo and interior space. The price point and year don't match, as your budget is too low for something regular. But look at my list and then head to jiji and see what year your money can afford
Honda Element/CRV/HRV
Hyundai Tucson
Nissan Xtrail
Kia sportage

The matrix is okay as it shares parts with Corolla but body parts of matrix is expensive, I love the design and the cargo ability but be weary of 4wd variant especially those from Canada as the rear axle may come with rust which is an expensive replacement

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Kokomo: 11:12pm On May 08, 2021
nurey:

ix35
Tucson is good too

Hi boss Nurey and Heavenlybang, please between Hyundai Tucson 2007-2009 and Toyota Rav 4 2007-2010, which is more reliable and easy to own. Thanks boss
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 10:11am On May 09, 2021
Kokomo:

Hi boss Nurey and Heavenlybang, please between Hyundai Tucson 2007-2009 and Toyota Rav 4 2007-2010, which is more reliable and easy to own. Thanks boss

Rav4 as Toyota is high on the reliability list than any other maker if finance is not an issur
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 10:12am On May 09, 2021
Kokomo:

Rav4 as Toyota is high on the reliability list than any other maker if finance is not an issue
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Deigofortune: 12:30pm On May 09, 2021
Pls do any one have a Good professional mechanic he can link me up to inspect a Honda Civic 2007 for me.... I'm urgently in need of a mechanic that stay in Akure for inspection propose... Pls drop your Phone number..below
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by omodollarpor: 10:27am On May 10, 2021
Good Morning. I get a very low MPG on my 2008 avalon in the city. I get between 8-10 mpg. I have seen a lot of people saying they get up to 18mpg in the city. Is there anything I need to do better?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 1:53pm On May 11, 2021
omodollarpor:
Good Morning. I get a very low MPG on my 2008 avalon in the city. I get between 8-10 mpg. I have seen a lot of people saying they get up to 18mpg in the city. Is there anything I need to do better?

Scan the vehicle and fix codes related to emission
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by AceGod: 9:11pm On May 11, 2021
Budget 4m for a classy car…..which one make I go for?

I’m not bothered about fuel
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Nobody: 9:24pm On May 11, 2021
AceGod:

C300/350, es350
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ak22(m): 9:47pm On May 11, 2021
Deigofortune:
Pls do any one have a Good professional mechanic he can link me up to inspect a Honda Civic 2007 for me.... I'm urgently in need of a mechanic that stay in Akure for inspection propose... Pls drop your Phone number..below

Good evening sir / ma have got the Honda mechanic in Akure ? Please I need one too to examine my same car model
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:51am On May 12, 2021
AceGod:

2013 Honda Accord should be right about attainable.

Or an ES350.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by radautoworks: 2:49pm On May 12, 2021
Sorry, we don't make the rules grin

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ohuegbeair(m): 5:21pm On May 13, 2021
Hi guys , please I am a car newbie. Btw a ford edge and a camry , which do you suggest I get in terms of durability, class, fuel economy et al.
Make una no yab me o...I no too sabi book.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ksmart027(m): 5:36pm On May 13, 2021
ohuegbeair:
Hi guys , please I am a car newbie. Btw a ford edge and a camry , which do you suggest I get in terms of durability, class, fuel economy et al.
Camry
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by barnabas6: 7:41pm On May 13, 2021
May God bless all the car gurus who has dedicated their time to share one or more knowledge here. pls i need comparison between volvo s80 2.5 T 2005 and accord 2007. thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Aaaaarghmed(m): 8:52pm On May 13, 2021
ohuegbeair:
as a newbie just get the camry and leave the Ford edge sharply,forget say e fine

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 9:13am On May 14, 2021
barnabas6:
May God bless all the car gurus who has dedicated their time to share one or more knowledge here. pls i need comparison between volvo s80 2.5 T 2005 and accord 2007. thanks

The 4cylinder accord has a better fuel economy than the 2.5T S80.

Safety wise Volvo Trump's all but the S80 is fitted with a multiplex can bus means no fiddling with the electronic.

Luxury wise S80 higher till the Accord trim EX-L becomes par with S80.

Play safe Accord wanna go all the way Volvo should be your choice
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by heniola(f): 9:52am On May 14, 2021
Good morning all, please I am torn between a honda accord 2012, 4 plugs and a Toyota camry 2010.
Please which one of them is okay for a lady, basically for school runs and work?
Thank you in advance.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by kingreign(m): 11:19am On May 14, 2021
heniola:
Good morning all, please I am torn between a honda accord 2012, 4 plugs and a Toyota camry 2010.
Please which one of them is okay for a lady, basically for school runs and work?
Thank you in advance.

Any is good. God for Honda tho.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by heniola(f): 2:03pm On May 14, 2021
kingreign:

Any is good. God for Honda tho.

Thank you for your response.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by barnabas6: 4:13pm On May 14, 2021
nurey:

The 4cylinder accord has a better fuel economy than the 2.5T S80.

Safety wise Volvo Trump's all but the S80 is fitted with a multiplex can bus means no fiddling with the electronic.

Luxury wise S80 higher till the Accord trim EX-L becomes par with S80.

Play safe Accord wanna go all the way Volvo should be your choice
i appreciate your analysis, God bless
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dicksonadams(m): 5:39pm On May 14, 2021
20w50 used as engine oil since imported 2016
Fan connected directly
owner use transmsision oil as power steering oil
water used as coolant, opened radiator cap, noticed a brownish stain on radiator cap and also looking into radiator.
interior looks ok, black leather, slight wear with age, AC works, door wind down but passenger side door window only works with button close to passenger door
exhaust tail pipe doesnt look oily dark, but noticed slight dark when you rub finger deep inside the exhaust
Saw the below code
Saw vsc code on dashboard

Can someone go ahead, what is a good price to start pricing from... Can things be revert back to normal grin

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Stanleyallen17(m): 3:30pm On May 15, 2021
Is 2005 Mazda 3 Nigerian used a good buy.
For a friend who is a novice.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by delightchamp: 6:08am On May 16, 2021
Good morning. Please a friend is considering options between buying a brand new Hyundai Tucson Evolutiom and a Tokunbo Benz ML350 which has hit 70000km. He also said brand new Nissan Pathfinder is an option. Kindly help choose. In my opinion, I think a brand new car is always a better option leaving us with the Tucson vs Pathfinder but your comments will be well appreciated. Thank you.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 6:48am On May 16, 2021
Stanleyallen17:
Is 2005 Mazda 3 Nigerian used a good buy.
For a friend who is a novice.

Mazda parts are a bit scarce especially recent models not used for public transport.

Been a while.i saw the sweet looking Mazda 3
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 6:49am On May 16, 2021
delightchamp:
Good morning. Please a friend is considering options between buying a brand new Hyundai Tucson Evolutiom and a Tokunbo Benz ML350 which has hit 70000km. He also said brand new Nissan Pathfinder is an option. Kindly help choose. In my opinion, I think a brand new car is always a better option leaving us with the Tucson vs Pathfinder but your comments will be well appreciated. Thank you.

Pick the brand-new Tucson
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by delightchamp: 7:34am On May 16, 2021
Thanks a lot sir. I will appreciate if you can give me few reasons even if it is two lines.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nonhuman(m): 7:39am On May 16, 2021
delightchamp:
go for the tucson
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nonhuman(m): 7:47am On May 16, 2021
Deigofortune:
you need to master cars yourself or let the mechanic be your blood brother, any mechanic you took to buy a car will end up making make a wrong choice because of greed he will take money from you and take money from seller to convince you

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 6:58pm On May 16, 2021
delightchamp:
Thanks a lot sir. I will appreciate if you can give me few reasons even if it is two lines.

Kia and Hyundai have cornered the brand-new car market in Nigeria, they are also reliable and affordable to own and available on our streets.

Nissan is only common in the compact sedan class as brand-new mostly by companies looking to cut cost.

The Benz is okay though but don't know what year you looking at but a brand-new vehicle would work flawlessly for atleast 2 years before it would require a mechanic visit.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by kingreign(m): 9:06pm On May 16, 2021
nonhuman:
you need to master cars yourself or let the mechanic be your blood brother, [s]any mechanic you took to buy a car will end up making make a wrong choice because of greed he will take money from you and take money from seller to convince you[/s]
speak for yourself pls and stop generalizing. Not all car technicians are into shady deals. Some won't budge no matter what the sellers promise them.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) ... (260) (Reply)

How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.