Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,224 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:59 AM

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread - Car Talk (174) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread (444264 Views)

A Look At 2019 Armoured Mercedes-Maybach S560,Official Car Of President Buhari / So Buhari's Official Car Na Boi Boi Sef... / Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) ... (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dadabashua1(m): 5:47pm On Apr 29, 2021
HeavenlyBang:

That picture has nothing to do with a Legend of any sort.
exactly my thoughts,yes I've seen tsx with that body type but legend...I've NEVER.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Dannyplay123: 10:27am On Apr 30, 2021
HeavenlyBang:

A twin turbo W12 does that. wink

Please car gurus in the house, which will be more adviceable to go for between a clean Naija used 2005 Lexus RX 330 and a direct Toks 2007 Toyota Camry.

Considering all factors such as maintenance cost, fuel consumption and durability etc.

Please I will appreciate any useful advice on this before making a decision.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Niseed(m): 11:09am On Apr 30, 2021
A Honda legend can never be compared to an Accord. Not even close....you probably saw an accord that someone stuck a "Legend" badge on

nurey:

That exact accord in Nigeria has 3 badges either accord, tsx or legend. That's what I have seen. I am just informing the op if what I see incase he comes across any of the 3 the tsx is better than the remaining 2. The legend maybe a foul but I have seen it several times.

3 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by slapacha: 5:03am On May 01, 2021
Whizzcute:
Hi bosses, I wish to get my first car soonest and with a budget of 2.5m . Which car is most advisable for a first timer and a young man for that budget regardless of cost of maintenance , fuel consumption and all other factors??

Nurey pleas answer this man, Someone is in the same shoes with him.
Selecting between Corolla 09 and Camry 09 tokunboh
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 11:43am On May 01, 2021
slapacha:

Nurey pleas answer this man, Someone is in the same shoes with him.
Selecting between Corolla 09 and Camry 09 tokunboh

Corolla for fuel economy, camry 4 cylinder for executive status and minimal fuel economy while V6 for driving dynamic

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Easzjohn: 12:58am On May 02, 2021
Pls guys with a budget of 5m what car can I get among these cars that will be easy to maintain and have good fuel economy

Corolla
Camry
Lexus
Hyaundai

Pls you can help me recommend the model and the year
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:44am On May 02, 2021
Easzjohn:
Pls guys with a budget of 5m what car can I get among these cars that will be easy to maintain and have good fuel economy

Corolla
Camry
Lexus
Hyaundai

Pls you can help me recommend the model and the year

I would try and get a 2016 Accord if possible.

11 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Easzjohn: 10:41am On May 02, 2021
HeavenlyBang:

I would try and get a 2016 Accord if possible.

Thanks bro. I am a newbie when it comes to car as this is my first car I am trying to get, so I will likely work with most car owners review.

Pls I want to confirm what is the advantage of Honda over corolla

I heard that Honda has issues of leg pulling want to know if this is a myth or fact
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 11:35am On May 02, 2021
Easzjohn:

Thanks bro. I am a newbie when it comes to car as this is my first car I am trying to get, so I will likely work with most car owners review.

Pls I want to confirm what is the advantage of Honda over corolla

I heard that Honda has issues of leg pulling want to know if this is a myth or fact

It's a great car, much better than Camry and Corrola. Good fuel economy. It's not rare anymore, so parts aren't going to be an issue.

I'd personally buy a loaded V6.

The leg issue didn't affect that generation.

5 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by jodeci01: 6:58pm On May 04, 2021
Infiniti Q50 S Redsport 2017

Please who knows anything about this car?
Seems to be a sleeper car
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:28pm On May 04, 2021
jodeci01:
Infiniti Q50 S Redsport 2017

Please who knows anything about this car?
Seems to be a sleeper car

It's a good car. Parts will be scarce.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by OfficialDJ: 7:40pm On May 04, 2021
HeavenlyBang:

It's a good car. Parts will be scarce.
error code P0444.
Any help?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:51pm On May 04, 2021
OfficialDJ:
error code P0444.
Any help?

It's an evap code. Take it to a technician.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by OfficialDJ: 8:13pm On May 04, 2021
HeavenlyBang:

It's an evap code. Take it to a technician.
thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by graysight: 7:03am On May 05, 2021
Hi guys,
I'm still learning about cars, and I'd like to get my first car.
tbh, I'm not sure about getting a Corolla, although that seems to be a popular recommendation.

Please can you help with your good recommendations?

budget is around 2.5M - 3.5M
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by graysight: 7:05am On May 05, 2021
graysight:
Hi guys,
tbh, I'm not sure about getting a Corolla, although that seems to be a popular recommendation.

Please help
Cc:
HeavenlyBang
Nurey
Gazzuzz
Phildelphia
Kingreign
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by kingreign(m): 7:22am On May 05, 2021
graysight:
Hi guys,

A civic is a good idea, a Mercedes c240 2005 isn't bad either. A camry is also nice.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Philadelphia: 8:14am On May 05, 2021
graysight:

Please help
Cc:
HeavenlyBang
Nurey
Gazzuzz
Phildelphia
Kingreign

I recommend a 2006 i4 Camry with all the options or a 2010 Civic (American spec) with all available options.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by olumzzz(m): 9:37am On May 05, 2021
Good day guys,
Pls Lexus 2003 ES300 vs Lexus 2004 ES330.
Which would you recommend?
What are the pros and cons of each?
Thanks

Cc:
HeavenlyBang
Nurey
Kingreign
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by trojan84(m): 9:53am On May 05, 2021
hello66:

For the glory of the latter will be more than the former, saith the Lord
ā€ˇHaggai 2:9
Guy you be kolo, this really cracked me up. Wein you reason go there?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 10:12am On May 05, 2021
olumzzz:
Good day guys, Pls Lexus 2003 ES300 vs Lexus 2004 ES330. Which would you recommend? What are the pros and cons of each? Thanks
ES300-1mz vs ES330-3mz
300 cheaper parts than 330.
3mz better in fuel consumption than 1mZ
3mz better response than 1mz
330 majorly has a nav screen 300 is rather rare.
shape of both are same.
I would pick a 330 in good condition.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 10:12am On May 05, 2021
olumzzz:
Good day guys, Pls Lexus 2003 ES300 vs Lexus 2004 ES330. Which would you recommend? What are the pros and cons of each? Thanks
ES300-1mz vs ES330-3mz
shape of both are same.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 10:19am On May 05, 2021
graysight:

Please help

if I had 3.5m, I would be looking at CUVs
07 upwards
Honda Element
Honda CRV
Nissan Qashqi or Qashqi II
mitsubishi ASX
kia sportage
hyundai Tucson

because of bad roads and offcourse CUV can get loaded without reduction much in ground clearance

but If nah sedan

Honda civic/Acura CSX 06 upwards
kia Soul
Acura TSX
Nissan Sentra 2010 upwards

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by trojan84(m): 10:41am On May 05, 2021
Please friends, between the Jaguar f-space 2018, lexus rx 2018, and toyota highlander 2018 which is a better tokunbo vehicle?

Thank you...
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 2:21pm On May 05, 2021
trojan84:
Please friends, between the Jaguar f-space 2018, lexus rx 2018, and toyota highlander 2018 which is a better tokunbo vehicle?

Thank you...

I would avoid the Jag.

Consider an MDX. Or an ML/GLE within your budget.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by trojan84(m): 3:55pm On May 05, 2021
HeavenlyBang:

I would avoid the Jag.

Consider an MDX. Or an ML/GLE within your budget.
Thank you
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by graysight: 4:43pm On May 05, 2021
nurey:

07 upwards
Honda Element
Honda CRV
mitsubishi ASX
kia sportage
hyundai Tucson

because of bad roads and offcourse CUV can get loaded without reduction much in ground clearance

but If nah sedan

kia Soul
Acura TSX

thanks a lot! was actually considering a CUV too, with the state of roads. wasn't sure if it had to be a sedan for the first car. so I appreciate these suggestions smiley
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by graysight: 4:46pm On May 05, 2021
kingreign:

A civic is a good idea, a Mercedes c240 2005 isn't bad either. A camry is also nice.

Philadelphia:

I recommend a 2006 i4 Camry with all the options or a 2010 Civic (American spec) with all available options.

thanks a lot for the recommendations kingreign, Philadelphia. will look into them
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by olumzzz(m): 9:50pm On May 05, 2021
nurey:

ES300-1mz vs ES330-3mz

shape of both are same.

Ese alfa nurey
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by olumzzz(m): 9:51pm On May 05, 2021
nurey:

07 upwards
Honda Element
Honda CRV
mitsubishi ASX
kia sportage
hyundai Tucson

but If nah sedan

kia Soul
Acura TSX
Why didn't you add Toyota rav4 to the mix?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 12:35pm On May 06, 2021
olumzzz:

Why didn't you add Toyota rav4 to the mix?

Toyota products are expensive, his budget may not buy pass 2005 rav4
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by olumzzz(m): 1:41pm On May 06, 2021
nurey:

Toyota products are expensive, his budget may not buy pass 2005 rav4
Noted

(1) (2) (3) ... (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) ... (259) (Reply)

How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.