Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,395 members, 7,958,139 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 09:30 AM

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread - Car Talk (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread (476578 Views)

A Look At 2019 Armoured Mercedes-Maybach S560,Official Car Of President Buhari / So Buhari's Official Car Na Boi Boi Sef... / Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (262) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HRtechnique: 9:36am On Oct 12, 2018
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 10:06am On Oct 12, 2018
HRtechnique:

Thanks sir.
Just in case it's not the car battery terminal, what else should I be looking at.

power steering drains power from engine just like the AC especially when you turn it to extremes. I would also check the throttle body could be dirty. If you notice erratic rpm during start up before car warms up have throttle body cleaned
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Jaradz: 11:01am On Oct 12, 2018
do you have a mail. I do not do PM's
Kendricklamar:
Please guys i would like a comparism of the Acura ZDX Vs the Honda Cross tour
Which is better??
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HRtechnique: 11:10am On Oct 12, 2018
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 11:26am On Oct 12, 2018
HRtechnique:

New throttle body was just installed.
I didn't really turn like that sha.
I will check the cables because it did not even crank two times before it started again.

No crank or lights showing on dash board only is electrical in nature
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Odogwu007: 2:53pm On Oct 12, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

Lots of factors.
What does he want in a car? What's the budget?

Wants:
Relatively cheap to maintain
Nigerian roads rugged
Comfortable

Budget: 2m
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 3:00pm On Oct 12, 2018
Odogwu007:

Wants:
Relatively cheap to maintain
Nigerian roads rugged
Comfortable

Budget: 2m

Accord.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by lordliri(m): 8:45am On Oct 18, 2018
Please who has any of these SUV (see below) to swap with my 2003 lexus es300, I need as neat as my lexus and free of any codes and issues.

Toyota Rav4
mitsubishi outlander/ASX
kia sportage

my car was bought toks and registered in july 17th 2018. interested persons can call me on 08094822248. the car drives like a dream, its buy and drive or buy and resell without issues.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:21am On Oct 18, 2018
lordliri:
Please who has any of these SUV (see below) to swap with my 2003 lexus es300, I need as neat as my lexus and free of any codes and issues.

Toyota Rav4
mitsubishi outlander/ASX
kia sportage

my car was bought toks and registered in july 17th 2018. interested persons can call me on 08094822248. the car drives like a dream, its buy and drive or buy and resell without issues.

Wrong thread.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Bright12660(m): 10:43am On Oct 20, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

Wrong thread.
Goodday bro,pls can u do this comparison for me.
Lexus ES350 2010 and mercedes benz C350 2010, touching every aspect like maintenance costs and stamina lol like you guys do. Budget nt really a problem. Thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by princevih(m): 8:18pm On Oct 20, 2018
pls oga nurey & other gurus i need u to compare between dis 2 suvs 07 4runner and pathfinder. Based on ruggedity, performance, reliability,ground clearance, availability of parts. NOTE: am helping a frnd out who is sitting on d fence in between d 2. thanks all
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 8:41pm On Oct 20, 2018
princevih:
pls oga nurey & other gurus i need u to compare between dis 2 suvs 07 4runner and pathfinder. Based on ruggedity, performance, reliability,ground clearance, availability of parts. NOTE: am helping a frnd out who is sitting on d fence in between d 2. thanks all

Ruggedity draw I have seen both vehicles used for 4 years plus and they still maintain same body shape only colour fading.

performance In terms of hp the pathfinder both have identical V6 engine but the 4runner V8 is 4.7 against 5.6 for the pathfinder. Both are off road vehicles they aren't for the everyday performance so offroader performance is going to be a draw

Reliability for the V6 draw for V8 I will give the 4runner

ground clearance draw at least where one goes successfully the other would achieve same.

availability of parts in terms of pricing and original I will jejely pick the pathfinder.

Both vehicles are identical really and none to me is superior over the other the 4runner has a good city mpg while the pathfinder has a good highway mpg.

when buying the pathfinder ensure you do a radiator bypass for the gear cooling after that you will enjoy the car for years. The 4runner V6 engine is around a million naira for replacement.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Bright12660(m): 9:19pm On Oct 20, 2018
Abeg oga Nurey, u fit do justice to my question above, maybe heavenlybang dey busy. Thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 9:56pm On Oct 20, 2018
Bright12660:

Goodday bro,pls can u do this comparison for me.
Lexus ES350 2010 and mercedes benz C350 2010, touching every aspect like maintenance costs and stamina lol like you guys do. Budget nt really a problem. Thanks

maintenance cost the ES350 isn't that expensive as it shares most part with camry of same year. Fuel economy lexus, cargo space Lexus.

The c350 is a 268hp RWD/4matic vs the ES350 272hp FWD/AWD the ES350 is faster though. The c350 should have a good handling and better performance especially the 4matic.

in the luxury segment both a identical in optional gadgets and standard tech.

if your friend wish for reliability and to play it safe the ES350 will do.

if he wants something that stands out from the crowd he can pick the Benz.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HRtechnique: 10:09pm On Oct 20, 2018
@ nurey, can you compare Honda Civic 05 and Matrix 05.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 5:16am On Oct 21, 2018
HRtechnique:
@ nurey, can you compare Honda Civic 05 and Matrix 05.

The civic has a more luxurious feel and better fuel economy to the matrix. especially with the EX trim.

The matrix is more of a utilitarian vehicle with its AWD and hatchback form enabling a huge cargo space especially when the back seat is folded down.

The AWD helps it in traction while the 180hp XRS gives it a formidable speed performance though the civic Si is bae but you will find it hard to come across in Nigeria.

for simplicity fuel economy and build quality the civic is the good choice.

if you want to hurl goods around and own a toyota thieves shy away from the matrix is a good choice.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by princevih(m): 6:11am On Oct 21, 2018
thanks oga nurey, wit ur analysis d pathy is d sure way 2 go then, thank God its nt a toyota if u know u know cheesy
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:16am On Oct 21, 2018
nurey:

maintenance cost the ES350 isn't that expensive as it shares most part with camry of same year. Fuel economy lexus, cargo space Lexus.

The c350 is a 268hp RWD/4matic vs the ES350 272hp FWD/AWD the ES350 is faster though. The c350 should have a good handling and better performance especially the 4matic.

The ES350 is NOT faster. Both have a 0-60 of 6.4s but the Lexus will be eaten by the Benz after.

The 2010 ES350 does a quarter mile in 14.7s. But a manual 2005 (2006 in the US) C350 does it in 14.2s. An automatic C350 would be more than a second faster.

Bright12660:
Abeg oga Nurey, u fit do justice to my question above, maybe heavenlybang dey busy. Thanks
The only thing the ES is better at is reliability and the interior feel. Performance, looks, handling are all for the Benz.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by egesie(m): 8:33am On Oct 21, 2018
Nurey, pls compare a 2010 BMW E90 335i and a 2010 VW Passat B6 V6 in terms of handling, driving n comfort...it's gonna do alot of long distance
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Bright12660(m): 9:40am On Oct 21, 2018
nurey:

Thanks much sir
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Bright12660(m): 9:46am On Oct 21, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

The ES350 is NOT faster. Both have a 0-60 of 6.4s but the Lexus will be eaten by the Benz after.

The 2010 ES350 does a quarter mile in 14.7s. But a manual 2005 (2006 in the US) C350 does it in 14.2s. An automatic C350 would be more than a second faster.

The only thing the ES is better at is reliability and the interior feel. Performance, looks, handling are all for the Benz.
Alright,the benz wins. Thank you sir

4 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by CityNGR: 10:13am On Oct 21, 2018
Who compares a Lexus built on the Camry platform with a C klasse. That's a very unfair comparison. The comparison should be with an appropriate Benz marquee.... the E klasse.

Y'all should compare the C klasse to the Corolla

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 10:31am On Oct 21, 2018
egesie:
Nurey, pls compare a 2010 BMW E90 335i and a 2010 VW Passat B6 V6 in terms of handling, driving n comfort...it's gonna do alot of long distance

I have read alot about both cars, I don't know if the 335i is the turbo charged engine one probably the Xi sha.

Handling The beeper wins

Drivers car the beeper wins, it's a performance vehicle though the passat 4motion isn't a bad in performance but not upto par with the beeper.

comfort now that's where the passat has it.

reliability passat

maintenance cost passat is a bit cheaper it's also sturdy engine wise there were a number of complaint on the E90 oil, coolant etc.

mpg good average fair guzzler. I did give both fair.

resale value some how the VW don't do well in the Nigerian used segment. The beeper if well taken care of becomes a classic not same for the VW.

in all do a VIN check and inspection before committing funds both vehicles are electrically and technologically advanced to be messed up.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 10:40am On Oct 21, 2018
CityNGR:
Who compares a Lexus built on the Camry platform with a C klasse. That's a very unfair comparison. The comparison should be with an appropriate Benz marquee.... the E klasse.

Y'all should compare the C klasse to the Corolla

performance corolla

luxury corolla

handling corolla

speed corolla

the 2017 toyota corolla is better than the 1997 C-class. Also the corolla is a better status car than the C-class grin
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by CityNGR: 10:42am On Oct 21, 2018
nurey:

performance corolla

luxury corolla

handling corolla

speed corolla

the 2017 toyota corolla is better than the 1997 C-class. Also the corolla is a better status car than the C-class grin
Nurey go and assist me where I quoted you. Stop monkeying around

1997 C klasse to the 2017 Corolla... What a comparison.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by CarGuideNG: 10:46am On Oct 21, 2018
egesie:

nurey:

In all do a VIN check

www.nairaland.com/attachments/7892681_img20181003wa0009_jpeg92eaf2d2ca90bb3dc1301a565951f9a6

https:///+2347011116171
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Nobody: 11:59am On Oct 21, 2018
nurey:

I have read alot about both cars, I don't know if the 335i is the turbo charged engine one probably the Xi sha.

Handling The beeper wins

Drivers car the beeper wins, it's a performance vehicle though the passat 4motion isn't a bad in performance but not upto par with the beeper.

reliability passat

maintenance cost passat is a bit cheaper it's also sturdy engine wise there were a number of complaint on the E90 oil, coolant etc.

resale value some how the VW don't do well in the Nigerian used segment. The beeper if well taken care of becomes a classic not same for the VW.

in all do a VIN check and inspection before committing funds both vehicles are electrically and technologically advanced to be messed up.

Reliability wise, I would give it to the BMW. Reason; I have used both and Passat seems to have myriads of issues mainly electrical. Passat doesn't have 2nd hand value as well.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:26pm On Oct 21, 2018
nurey:

performance corolla

luxury corolla

handling corolla

speed corolla

Lol, are you having a laugh? The 1997 C280 would eat any Corolla ever made.

Performance - C280
Handling - C280
Speed - C280

Luxury will, of course, be a different story as the disparity in ages is huge.

3 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 12:53pm On Oct 21, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

Performance - C280
Handling - C280
Speed - C280

The corolla is mostly 1.8L so let's make the C-class the C180 nah. We just joking sha

3 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by CityNGR: 1:32pm On Oct 21, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

Performance - C280
Handling - C280
Speed - C280

1997 C280's luxury will eat any Corolla ever made. Let Nurey come and disagree

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by computerglobal(m): 1:53pm On Oct 21, 2018
nurey:

Handling The beeper wins

reliability passat

Make An Informed Decision With Our Comprehensive Vehicle Report

Contact us on Whats-app now . Just a click away.

https:///send?phone=2348060365068

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Chechem: 12:41am On Oct 23, 2018
Please house, help me compare 2007 corolla and 2008 yaris... Which is an overall better buy? Apart from fuel?

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (262) (Reply)

How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.