Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,561 members, 7,820,031 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread - Car Talk (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread (447028 Views)

A Look At 2019 Armoured Mercedes-Maybach S560,Official Car Of President Buhari / So Buhari's Official Car Na Boi Boi Sef... / Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by r4blessing: 7:27pm On Oct 08, 2018
Hi guys,
Please aside from verifying the authenticity of the custom documents, getting a vehicle report history and a mechanic inspecting the car, how else can one verify if a car is truly a tokunbo car

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by CityNGR: 8:09pm On Oct 08, 2018
r4blessing:
Hi guys,
Please aside from verifying the authenticity of the custom documents, getting a vehicle report history and a mechanic inspecting the car, how else can one verify if a car is truly a tokunbo car
Post the vin here.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by constronauts: 9:21pm On Oct 08, 2018
Any one to give me an advice on toyota rav4 to buy.Am new to autos and i would like to buy a toyota rav4 which is efficient and reliable and easy to maintain without any engine problems .I heard Toyota rav4 2001-2003 use to have transmission problem,what about 2004,2005,2006,2007 which one is efficient and reliable without any problem .Which of the year can you advise for someone to buy esp low fuel consumption and maintenance..
Compared with CRV, which do u advice....Your response would be appreciated .Thank you
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by CityNGR: 10:48pm On Oct 08, 2018
constronauts:
Any one to give me an advice on toyota rav4 to buy.Am new to autos and i would like to buy a toyota rav4 which is efficient and reliable and easy to maintain without any engine problems .I heard Toyota rav4 2001-2003 use to have transmission problem,what about 2004,2005,2006,2007 which one is efficient and reliable without any problem .Which of the year can you advise for someone to buy esp low fuel consumption and maintenance..
Compared with CRV, which do u advice....Your response would be appreciated .Thank you
Delete the CRV.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by constronauts: 10:58pm On Oct 08, 2018
CityNGR:

Delete the CRV.

Which model of rav4 suits my need? which one is efficient and reliable without any problem?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 11:48pm On Oct 08, 2018
constronauts:

yes the 2001 to 03 had issues with automatic transmission which can be corrected by changing or upgrading some component on the brain box every other year are ok. for fuel economy and maintenance the 4cylinder should suffice
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by bizzle2: 4:15am On Oct 09, 2018
radautoworks:

My personal preference is the Acura MDX though you should consider the RDX AWD with tech package (it's my daily car). But because of parts, Lexus might be better for you. I wouldn't downgrade to the other cars being suggested.
My mind was hitherto comfortably set on upgrading to an RX330 but your comments on the RDX piqued my interest. So I looked up the model and now I'm seriously torn between the RX and RDX

What do you mean at the bolded? Are u implying the parts for a 2006 RX330 for instance are cheaper and more available than those for a 2007 RDX ?

I am not very particular about mpgs. The key factors for me are:

Speed/performance
Handling
Comfort
Ease of Maintenance (affordable & available)
Ground Clearance

bearing in mind the above, would you still recommend the RDX over the RX
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by radautoworks: 4:28am On Oct 09, 2018
bizzle2:

My mind was hitherto comfortably set on upgrading to an RX330 but your comments on the RDX piqued my interest. So I looked up the model and now I'm seriously torn between the RX and RDX

What do you mean at the bolded? Are u implying the parts for a 2006 RX330 for instance are cheaper and more available than those for a 2007 RDX ?

I am not very particular about mpgs. The key factors for me are:

Speed/performance
Handling
Comfort
Ease of Maintenance (affordable & available)
Ground Clearance

bearing in mind the above, would you still recommend the RDX over the RX

I meant parts availability not pricing. We (Carquest) have parts for them both readily however, in the general market the RX parts are more readily available I believe. I assumed you wouldn't want to be limited in where to get your parts.
Based on your criteria, I would do the RDX as it beats the RX on 4 of your 5.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by bizzle2: 9:51am On Oct 09, 2018
radautoworks:

I meant parts availability not pricing. We (Carquest) have parts for them both readily however, in the general market the RX parts are more readily available I believe. I assumed you wouldn't want to be limited in where to get your parts.
Based on your criteria, I would do the RDX as it beats the RX on 4 of your 5.
Thank you.
Do you guys carry body parts for the RDX too ?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by constronauts: 1:28pm On Oct 09, 2018
nurey:

yes the 2001 to 03 had issues with automatic transmission which can be corrected by changing or upgrading some component on the brain box every other year are ok. for fuel economy and maintenance the 4cylinder should suffice

Thank u very much..very helpful... Am "lost" between choosing 1999 model and 2004 model of Rav4.... Based on fuel economy, comfort and maintenance cost,which do I go for...for an average family
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by CityNGR: 1:48pm On Oct 09, 2018
constronauts:

Thank u very much..very helpful... Am "lost" between choosing 1999 model and 2004 model of Rav4.... Based on fuel economy, comfort and maintenance cost,which do I go for...for an average family
If in good condition 99/2000 will be just fine
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by radautoworks: 3:29pm On Oct 09, 2018
bizzle2:

Thank you.
Do you guys carry body parts for the RDX too ?
Nah.. we don't carry any body parts at all. Just operational parts.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by constronauts: 3:42pm On Oct 09, 2018
CityNGR:

If in good condition 99/2000 will be just fine

Thanks a lot sir...I deeply appreciate

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by r4blessing: 4:53pm On Oct 09, 2018
please guys help compare Toyota camry 2006 and toyota corolla 2006 in terms cost of maintenance, fuel and durability (*for use in e-hailing services).
Thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 5:53pm On Oct 09, 2018
r4blessing:
please guys help compare Toyota camry 2006 and toyota corolla 2006 in terms cost of maintenance, fuel and durability (*for use in e-hailing services).
Thanks

no much story toyota corolla

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Successful01(m): 9:19pm On Oct 09, 2018
Please compare a foreign used Lexus RX 350, 2008 or 2009 model and a Toyota highlander of same year. I am planning to buy either of these cars very soon.
Key points.
Efficiency
Luxury
Economy
Maintenance
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:55pm On Oct 09, 2018
Successful01:
Please compare a foreign used Lexus RX 350, 2008 or 2009 model and a Toyota highlander of same year. I am planning to buy either of these cars very soon.
Key points.
Efficiency
Luxury
Economy
Maintenance

Lexus RX is literally a V6, upscale Highlander.
Same relationship with the ES and Camry.
LX and Landcruiser.
GX and 4Runner.

Anything the Highlander does, the RX does better.

5 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Timagex(m): 2:56am On Oct 10, 2018
Hello bosses! What car will u recommend for a single first time car owner on an average income? Note: I love german cars because of their performance and speed. I'm talking about Benz, Audi, bmv and Peugeot.

So, which car (s) and prices? Thanks smiley. Small sized cool
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 4:26am On Oct 10, 2018
Timagex:
Hello bosses! What car will u recommend for a single first time car owner on an average income? Note: I love german cars because of their performance and speed. I'm talking about Benz, Audi, bmv and Peugeot.

Budget?
Criteria?

And Peugeot is French, not German.

4 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Philadelphia: 4:20pm On Oct 10, 2018
Timagex:

What advice or recommendation do you need? From your post, it's obvious that you have a bias already. So I'd say you should just follow your "bias".
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Timagex(m): 8:23pm On Oct 10, 2018
Philadelphia:

What advice or recommendation do you need? From your post, it's obvious that you have a bias already. So I'd say you should just follow your "bias".
What do u mean? smiley
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Kizchristo(m): 10:02pm On Oct 10, 2018
Nice. Please can anyone analyze between FX35 2011 and Touareg 2011 which is more luxurious, speed, handling, quietness, economy for long journey. Help me analyze this. I've been thinking which to buy. I love the two SUV but I'm confused of which to buy
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by radautoworks: 10:20pm On Oct 10, 2018
Kizchristo:
Nice. I want to know between FX35 2011 and Touareg 2011 which is more luxurious, speed, handling, quietness, econvey for long journey. Help me analyze this. I've been thinking which to buy

]Getting tired of seeing so many "2018 Range Roger Evoque or 1995 Toyota Corolla, which one should I buy?" posts.

The goal of this thread is to hold all the comparison posts, and also for those looking for car recommendations. [s]Especially since Nurey no wan follow directives. [/s]

When looking for a recommendation, please state your budget and the purpose of the car. Factors you're concerned with (fuel economy, luxury, design, drive ability, tech features, etc) should also be stated, as well as any questions you may have.

Hopefully the Cartalk gurus will have an answer for everyone. I'll try as much as possible to help with the little I know, too.

Cc: sultaan, egunmogaji, piyke, Obekediamondfuto, thebigkendo, thecar, sooperrescue, Banky3w, LeJeun3, Mayor2013, autologic, Autoelectng, Kingreign, chukel, radautoworks, opsudei1, oblo, weyreypey, razaqmb, nurey, nwanneni, Princetom1, Gazzuzz, cosplay, johnabraham, evilspirit,deedee44, carshopper, protocol, taxiappguy, ifyeez,gentlelife50, jayooh, jergermeister, lacomb, chillex8, fogman, Enyinne krisrock. akanniade10 Kashif chucsmoore, nakoks, costee, Readonee35L, shagati, timifakay, jakumo, valarinz, radautoworks

Hope I didn't miss anyone. angry

It's not a contest at all in terms of luxury. They are not in the same class. fX more luxurious
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Kizchristo(m): 10:22pm On Oct 10, 2018
[quote author=radautoworks post=71970357]

It's not a contest at all I'm terms is luxury. They are not in the same class. fX more luxurious[Thanks bro. So I should go for free then]
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Successful01(m): 4:22am On Oct 11, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

Lexus RX is literally a V6, upscale Highlander.
Same relationship with the ES and Camry.
LX and Landcruiser.
GX and 4Runner.

Anything the Highlander does, the RX does better.

Thank you. Then I should go for the RX.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 6:51am On Oct 11, 2018
Kizchristo:
Nice. Please can anyone analyze between FX35 2011 and Touareg 2011 which is more luxurious, speed, handling, quietness, economy for long journey. Help me analyze this. I've been thinking which to buy. I love the two SUV but I'm confused of which to buy
FX by far. In pretty much all the categories. Is there a 2011 FX35, though? Wouldn't that be an FX37?

Edit: I was wrong. FX37 was EUDM.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Odogwu007: 2:21pm On Oct 11, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

2m for an 08+ car? Nigerian used, definitely, and even then you aren't exactly spoilt for choices.

If toks is a must, buy a Honda Civic and rest. 2008 Civic. Get the most optioned one you can find. Those engines have a defect, though, so be careful.

If you're willing to go for Nigerian used, get a V6 Camry or an i4 Accord.

Honestly, that 2008 thing is completely arbitrary and pointless.

Just for my knowledge, are you saying there's no significant value in him not wanting a model that's not older than '08?

If yes, do advise please...
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 2:30pm On Oct 11, 2018
Odogwu007:

Just for my knowledge, are you saying there's no significant value in him not wanting a model that's not older than '08?

If yes, do advise please...

Yes, specifying 2008 is completely arbitrary, since there were 2008 models that ran from previous years. Same generation, and a 2006 model would be pretty much the exact same thing as the 2008.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Odogwu007: 2:37pm On Oct 11, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

Yes, specifying 2008 is completely arbitrary, since there were 2008 models that ran from previous years. Same generation, and a 2006 model would be pretty much the exact same thing as the 2008.

So based on budget now, what do you recommend he can get? That would be economic for a first time car owner?

I am not well versed in this area, so I'd just literally forward any feedback on this to him to help guide his decision.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 3:17pm On Oct 11, 2018
Odogwu007:

So based on budget now, what do you recommend he can get? That would be economic for a first time car owner?

I am not well versed in this area, so I'd just literally forward any feedback on this to him to help guide his decision.

Lots of factors.
What does he want in a car? What's the budget?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HRtechnique: 6:54am On Oct 12, 2018
I was about to do a U-turn and the vehicle shut off.
I started it like three times before it came back on.
While starting it those two times before it started the third time, it did not crank at all.
Any pointers please?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 7:12am On Oct 12, 2018
HRtechnique:
I was about to do a U-turn and the vehicle shut off.
I started it like three times before it came back on.
While starting it those two times before it started the third time, it did not crank at all.
Any pointers please?

car battery terminals may be loose, check and tighten

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (259) (Reply)

How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.