Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,508 members, 7,830,522 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread - Car Talk (199) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread (449513 Views)

A Look At 2019 Armoured Mercedes-Maybach S560,Official Car Of President Buhari / So Buhari's Official Car Na Boi Boi Sef... / Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) ... (260) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Philadelphia: 5:47pm On Aug 29, 2021
dru23:

Those corolla guys are funny grin very funny bunch grin laugh wan kill me .......

I recall racing with my Nissan Altima Ser with a G35.. So I saw the guy on the highway and pull up next to him...... The guy waved his hand and said bye bye and drove off with speed.. I couldn't catch up to the guy I didn't even see the guy........

That hand wave bye bye was embarrassing ... And the guy zoom off grin. The bose system is to die for .. very nice system... My ser had them but my g25x no get bose system....

Who no go no know
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Philadelphia: 5:51pm On Aug 29, 2021
dru23:

Yes o.. Am looking for a red 1 with black leather seats

Nice color combo.

I got the white exterior and cream leather interior

4 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Philadelphia: 5:51pm On Aug 29, 2021
kingreign:

You bought the unit that didn't come with the optional BOSE system.

My BOSE system far trumps my Lexus system by miles.....

My thought also
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Philadelphia: 5:53pm On Aug 29, 2021
Afiliatelord:

Alright sir.. i get your point.
How about the premium fuel issue. Will there be any issue using our regular fuel for a long period?

I don’t think so.

I haven’t used mine for “long”.

Lemme call Heavenlybang and Kingreign to answer this question.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:09pm On Aug 29, 2021
Philadelphia:

Nice color combo.

I got the white exterior and cream leather interior

Such a beauty.

Philadelphia:

I don’t think so.

I haven’t used mine for “long”.

Lemme call Heavenlybang and Kingreign to answer this question.

You will, eventually, in my experience.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Philadelphia: 9:07pm On Aug 29, 2021
HeavenlyBang:

Such a beauty.

Thanks bro.

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by drakeskull(m): 11:20pm On Aug 29, 2021
Philadelphia:

This has become my custom when those GLK350 guys, ES350, C350 guys want to fool themselves.

One guy using a 2005 Corolla S or so wanted to hear the exhaust note of my car. So, I gave him more than that and kept him like 100m at my back then later allowed him to get close enough to at least get a name to remember and research on when he gets home. I don’t even want to mention those guys driving Toyota Sienna or maybe 2008/2009.
Well, I’ve only chosen to let the “little children play” while I enjoy my BOSE speakers and 6 CD changers undecided

Smiles per gallon cool
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Philadelphia: 11:30pm On Aug 29, 2021
drakeskull:

Smiles per gallon cool

You get the point now?

That is just it
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Afiliatelord: 12:22am On Aug 30, 2021
HeavenlyBang:

Any way to prevent that?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Chelseafan1: 5:42am On Aug 30, 2021
Help me choose please, a former 2005 C230 Kompressor user.

I wanna upgrade, which of these awesome cars is my best bet, I love luxury, good handling, sweet drive, premium sound system and reliability.

Fuel consumption wouldn't be a problem.

I was doing 2k weekly on my C230k b4 as I don't travel much, I can comfortably do 5k Fuel weekly now.

Car will be to cruise around town, go to church on Sunday, go to work, visit few friends, do Lagos to Ibadan kinda distance once or twice in two weeks.

Help me choose from 2012 C250 Benz, 2013 Camry SE and 2011/12 ES 350 Lexus.....I can't seem to choose one.

Kindly state reasons for your preferred choice please. Thanks

Cc Kingreign, Nurey, Heavenlybang

Thanks bosses

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:09am On Aug 30, 2021
Afiliatelord:

Any way to prevent that?

Octane boosters, good fuel stations.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Chelseafan1: 8:15am On Aug 30, 2021
HeavenlyBang:

Octave boosters, good fuel stations.

Bro, pls I like ur input, reply me na.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:03am On Aug 30, 2021
Chelseafan1:

I wanna upgrade, which of these awesome cars is my best bet, I love luxury, good handling, sweet drive, premium sound system and reliability.

I was doing 2k weekly on my C230k b4 as I don't travel much, I can comfortably do 5k Fuel weekly now.

Car will be to cruise around town, go to church on Sunday, go to work, visit few friends, do Lagos to Ibadan kinda distance once or twice in two weeks.

Help me choose from 2012 C250 Benz, 2013 Camry SE and 2011/12 ES 350 Lexus.....I can't seem to choose one.

Thanks bosses

I would go with a 2013 C300.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Chelseafan1: 9:48am On Aug 30, 2021
HeavenlyBang:

I would go with a 2013 C300.

Hahaha, u no send C250
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 3:14pm On Aug 30, 2021
Chelseafan1:

Hahaha, u no send C250

At all.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by tropaz(m): 7:16pm On Aug 30, 2021
HeavenlyBang:

At all.

Hi brother please how do I know if my 06 Siena is gulping fuel?
Thanks a lot
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:50pm On Aug 30, 2021
tropaz:

Hi brother please how do I know if my 06 Siena is gulping fuel?
Thanks a lot

By watching and measuring your fuel consumption.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by lagusboyyy(m): 9:42pm On Aug 30, 2021
Chelseafan1:

Thanks bosses
If you are loaded,upgrade to 2014 LEXUS ES,dope luxurious ride.

Please remove TOYOTA CAMRY,its a basic car.

But working on your listed choice,pick the 2012 mercedes benz,pure German machine,but the maintainance no be child play o.

All the best.

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by loveson(m): 9:35am On Aug 31, 2021
Good morning house. Please what's your take when comparing 2008 Infiniti FX35 vs 2009 Lincoln MKX vs 2008 Lexus RX 350 as regards performance, reliability, handling, and maintenance?

cc:
HeavenlyBang
nurey
Philedelphia
Other bosses (sorry if I didn't mention your name)
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:15am On Aug 31, 2021
loveson:
Good morning house. Please what's your take when comparing 2008 Infiniti FX35 vs 2009 Lincoln MKX vs 2008 Lexus RX 350 as regards performance, reliability, handling, and maintenance?

cc:
HeavenlyBang
nurey
Philedelphia

Just buy the RX and rest.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Philadelphia: 10:21am On Aug 31, 2021
The Lincoln is way behind in all the metrics you indicated for comparison. You must source parts for this car outside Nigeria.
The Lincoln didn’t get the best rating for handling or performance.

Now this leaves you with the FX35 and the RX350.

Both are great cars and reliable as long as you carry out regular maintenance and use genuine fluids and parts. For the metrics, below are my assertions:

Performance: FX35 wins
Reliability: RX350 wins (slightly more reliable)
Handling: FX35 wins
Maintenance: RX350 wins.

If I’m to add more;

Speed: FX35
Prestige: FX35
Easy to fix: RX350
Appeals more to criminals: RX350

Overall, I’ll pick the FX35 over the RX350 because I prefer quality ride, handling, speed, peace of mind, and prestige in a car.

I wish you luck in your choice.

loveson:

cc:
HeavenlyBang
nurey
Philedelphia

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 11:00am On Aug 31, 2021
Philadelphia:
The Lincoln is way behind in all the metrics you indicated for comparison. You must source parts for this car outside Nigeria.

Both are great cars and reliable as long as you carry out regular maintenance and use genuine fluids and parts. For the metrics, below are my assertions:

If I’m to add more;

Overall, I’ll pick the FX35 over the RX350 because I prefer quality ride, handling, speed, peace of mind, and prestige in a car.

Lincoln mkx is Ford edge which is Mazda CX-9 so the parts are available in the market maybe body shell parts only can be tough but who uses his car for road rage.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by loveson(m): 11:01am On Aug 31, 2021
Thank you for your input

HeavenlyBang:

Just buy the RX and rest.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by loveson(m): 11:02am On Aug 31, 2021
Thank you for your input

Philadelphia:

If I’m to add more;

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Chelseafan1: 3:35pm On Aug 31, 2021
lagusboyyy:

But working on your listed choice,pick the 2012 mercedes benz,pure German machine,but the maintainance no be child play o.

All the best.

The C250 2012 maintenance no suppose dey too costly na, I'm avoiding 4matic.

See as you rubbish that 2012 Camry lol
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Chelseafan1: 3:36pm On Aug 31, 2021
lagusboyyy:

All the best.

This 2014 ES kon dey enter my eye as u sweet talk am.

How much can I get it now. Clean one
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by lagusboyyy(m): 6:39pm On Aug 31, 2021
Chelseafan1:

You wey put your radar on top C250 dey capable to maintain am easily, i believe.

That luxury sedan need you to always pay attention to every little details o.

I have nothing against the Toyota Camry 2012 though, as matter of fact, i like the ride.

I'm just being honest here.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by lagusboyyy(m): 6:44pm On Aug 31, 2021
Chelseafan1:

This 2014 ES kon dey enter my eye as u sweet talk am.
How much can I get it now. Clean one
It's a dope ride.
Just budget between 8 to 10 milla, depending on your bargaining power though.
And run VIN check on it, so that you don't buy a LEMON.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by de3lar(m): 8:30pm On Aug 31, 2021
Please guys am getting P0104 and P2000 from my Corolla 09 LE while the Check Engine and VSC light and traction light is flashing.

What can be the error?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Ekakamba: 10:38pm On Aug 31, 2021
de3lar:
Please guys am getting P0104 and P2000 from my Corolla 09 LE while the Check Engine and VSC light and traction light is flashing.

What can be the error?

https://www.nairaland.com/1788778/maintenance-tips-cars/333#1788778.10679
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by showietee: 10:53pm On Aug 31, 2021
Chelseafan1:

Even the 2013 Camry na the same, nothing spectacular about the car, drove a friend's own throughout today, used the car for over a month last year, I am not just feeling the car at all ...

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by smokers: 11:40pm On Aug 31, 2021
Good day. I'm considering getting an SUV for my first car. Budget is 3.5-4 million.

I have

Ford edge
Acura MDX
Toyota RAV4

Which one is best for maintenance and elegance. Thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) ... (260) (Reply)

How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.