Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,767 members, 7,831,464 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:09 PM

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread - Car Talk (201) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread (449760 Views)

A Look At 2019 Armoured Mercedes-Maybach S560,Official Car Of President Buhari / So Buhari's Official Car Na Boi Boi Sef... / Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (260) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Splinz(m): 5:43pm On Sep 05, 2021
Itsrm:

Especially if he's not in Lagos.

He will turn heads and get compliments from people. If he's a ladies man, the car will also be a magnet. That's where it ends.

When the problem starts, he will understand why people buy Corolla and Lexus cheesy

Make una no do me laidis na. Na only fine them fine ni? Kai, and I like fine cars eh cheesy
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by lagusboyyy(m): 5:57pm On Sep 05, 2021
Splinz:

Bros abeg na Naija I dey o. Help me share more light. Thanks
Bro,i will be honest with you.

Those cars are not our regular naija cars,especially that SUBARU( i personally love the product ) they are mainly EUROPEAN/AMERICA cars.

And to enjoy these rides,you need to use a good and skilled mechanics to maintain them,which is rare to find,its still a little better if you are in Lagos.

Then again,think about the spare parts to maintain these exotic rides,its always on the high side,they are great cars,but you have to be PREPARED to enjoy them.

All the best.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Splinz(m): 6:11pm On Sep 05, 2021
lagusboyyy:
Bro,i will be honest with you.

Those cars are not our regular naija cars,especially that SUBARU( i personally love the product ) they are mainly EUROPEAN/AMERICA cars.

And to enjoy these rides,you need to use a good and skilled mechanics to maintain them,which is rare to find,its still a little better if you are in Lagos.

Then again,think about the spare parts to maintain these exotic rides,its always on the high side,they are great cars,but you have to be PREPARED to enjoy them.

All the best.

So then, person no fit enjoy anything for this country in peace. I can't prepare o, this regime is not preparation friendly. Na so so full of surprises. I fit prepare now, tomorrow Buhari vex sey those driving fine cars should pay tax. cheesy

Thanks.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by yak(m): 6:33pm On Sep 05, 2021
If one need a compact car, which would you advise between Yaris and Honda City 2012?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Aaaaarghmed(m): 6:03am On Sep 06, 2021
Splinz:

Bros abeg na Naija I dey o. Help me share more light. Thanks
just get honda or toyota.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Splinz(m): 8:26am On Sep 06, 2021
Aaaaarghmed:
just get honda or toyota.

Okay. Thank you
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ksmart027(m): 9:22am On Sep 06, 2021
yak:
If one need a compact car, which would you advise between Yaris and Honda City 2012?
Yaris for me, unless you can maintain the cvt in Honda.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by yak(m): 7:00pm On Sep 06, 2021
ksmart027:

Thank you but I'm worried about the low ground clearance of Yaris. What do you think about 04/05 Civic?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Eldemmi(m): 10:05pm On Sep 06, 2021
ksmart027:

Honda produce one of(if not) the best CVT you care to share more light why you single it out? any experience?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ksmart027(m): 12:31am On Sep 07, 2021
Eldemmi:

Honda produce one of(if not) the best CVT you care to share more light why you single it out? any experience?
Don't get me wrong, cvt don't take abuse, but most people don't know what is cvt, some end up using abro or other cheap atf instead of Honda cvt. So if he have a good maintenance culture, he can stick with the Honda.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ksmart027(m): 12:38am On Sep 07, 2021
yak:

Thank you but I'm worried about the low ground clearance of Yaris. What do you think about 04/05 Civic?
You can change to bigger tyres for higher ground clearance. The 2004 Honda Civic is very rugged, but I will advice to go for the 2006 to 2011, the have better sportier looks and better interior. I drive 2004 Honda Civic very fuel efficient, I average 11km/L city driving.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by yak(m): 4:34am On Sep 07, 2021
ksmart027:

You can change to bigger tyres for higher ground clearance. The 2004 Honda Civic is very rugged, but I will advice to go for the 2006 to 2011, the have better sportier looks and better interior. I drive 2004 Honda Civic very fuel efficient, I average 11km/L city driving.

Thanks alot boss
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 10:20am On Sep 07, 2021
yak:

Yaris has a higher ground clearance than civic QED
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Eldemmi(m): 11:53am On Sep 07, 2021
ksmart027:

Don't get me wrong, cvt don't take abuse, but most people don't know what is cvt, some end up using abro or other cheap atf instead of Honda cvt. So if he have a good maintenance culture, he can stick with the Honda.

yeah I got you now.
Honda cvt has prove to be reliable.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ksmart027(m): 1:22pm On Sep 07, 2021
yak:

Thanks alot boss
U r welcome boss.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Philadelphia: 1:25pm On Sep 07, 2021
yak:

The civic is lower compared to the Yaris.
This is from experience.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Deigofortune: 6:05pm On Sep 07, 2021
Hello House ...pls I need your advice I'm thinking of changing my engine oil from mobi 1 to Hardex synthetic oil ... When I was driving my Toyota collora it served me well ...months back I bought Honda civic 2006 they pervious owner use mobi 1 on it, I have continue on that once, but no fault or issues yet, I wish to know if is adviceable to switch to Hardex due to my pervious experience will it ...?

Car miliage : 160k
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Gravatar: 6:31pm On Sep 07, 2021
Deigofortune:
Hello House ...pls I need your advice I'm thinking of changing my engine oil from mobi 1 to Hardex synthetic oil ... When I was driving my Toyota collora it served me well ...months back I bought Honda civic 2006 they pervious owner use mobi 1 on it, I have continue on that once, but no fault or issues yet, I wish to know if is adviceable to switch to Hardex due to my pervious experience will it ...?

Car miliage : 160k

https://www.nairaland.com/5659338/how-good-mobil-5w30-oil#86242601

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Deigofortune: 7:31pm On Sep 07, 2021
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by awoxalat(m): 11:34pm On Sep 08, 2021
Please how much is the least one can get neat accident free foreign used Camry 07/08 now??
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Philadelphia: 11:47pm On Sep 08, 2021
awoxalat:
Please how much is the least one can get neat accident free foreign used Camry 07/08 now??

I have this 2009 i4 XLE Camry for sale and it’s 3.5m.

This is direct from the US.
You can send me a mail for further discussion so we don’t derail this thread.

Thanks.

Please note that 1 USD to Naira is now 530 NGN.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Ennyson7: 12:07am On Sep 10, 2021
Please help, since rx don cast, honda pilot 2011/2012 vs highlander of same year and a 2015 ford explorer, putting all Nigerian factors into consideration
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by lagusboyyy(m): 2:36pm On Sep 11, 2021
yak:
Honda city!!!
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by lagusboyyy(m): 2:40pm On Sep 11, 2021
Ennyson7:
Please help, since rx don cast, honda pilot 2011/2012 vs highlander of same year and a 2015 ford explorer, putting all Nigerian factors into consideration
For your peace of mind: Toyota Highlander!!!
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Ennyson7: 4:00pm On Sep 11, 2021
lagusboyyy:
thank you boss, please can you throw more light please
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by lagusboyyy(m): 4:41pm On Sep 11, 2021
Ennyson7:
thank you boss, please can you throw more light please
Its basically the best choice in your options.

Its durability,depandability and affordability is top notch.

You cant go wrong with the SUV.

Best of luck in picking your choice bro.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ibrash600: 6:15pm On Sep 11, 2021
Good day everyone, please btw Mazda 6 2006 and Camry 2005, which will you recommend? Thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by seanfer(m): 6:43pm On Sep 11, 2021
ibrash600:
Good day everyone, please btw Mazda 6 2006 and Camry 2005, which will you recommend? Thanks

Just pick the Camry and have peace of mind.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dadabashua1(m): 7:37pm On Sep 11, 2021
ibrash600:
Camry please.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by drakeskull(m): 12:56am On Sep 12, 2021
lagusboyyy:

There's no peace of mind anywhere without a good maintenance culture. A bad driver with a "good" car is lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Ennyson7: 5:18am On Sep 12, 2021
lagusboyyy:
Its basically the best choice in your options.

Its durability,depandability and affordability is top notch.

You cant go wrong with the SUV.

Best of luck in picking your choice bro.
thank you boss
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Elxandre(m): 9:47am On Sep 12, 2021
I need an affordable car as my first car, and as a first time driver with cheap maintenance.
I'm looking at the Volvo s40 or something of the same price range. Not a corolla cos they're not appealing to me especially with the nearly unjustified price tag
Just wanted to run this by you experts first. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (260) (Reply)

How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.