Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,318 members, 7,815,610 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:15 PM

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread - Car Talk (204) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread (445853 Views)

A Look At 2019 Armoured Mercedes-Maybach S560,Official Car Of President Buhari / So Buhari's Official Car Na Boi Boi Sef... / Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) ... (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by millomaniac: 9:58am On Oct 07, 2021
fizcoo20:
plz, i need una advise. i need your comment between Honda Accord 2001 and Toyota Camry 2001. which one is advisable to choose between the two.

Thanks in anticipation.

Would have said the accord but that generation is plagued with gear issues.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by fizcoo20(m): 10:18am On Oct 07, 2021
millomaniac:

Thanks.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by jaykorbs(m): 11:34am On Oct 10, 2021
Hi everyone, I need some input here... Im at a cross road between Accord (2008-2011) and Altima (2007 to 2011). Tbh, I like the design of the altima better. However, I am concerned with the issue of reliability, cost of maintenance and technical know-how on the part of our mechanics. This is going to be my first car. Kindly advice
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Philadelphia: 6:13pm On Oct 10, 2021
jaykorbs:
Hi everyone, I need some input here... Im at a cross road between Accord (2008-2011) and Altima (2007 to 2011). Tbh, I like the design of the altima better. However, I am concerned with the issue of reliability, cost of maintenance and technical know-how on the part of our mechanics. This is going to be my first car. Kindly advice

Take the 2011 Accord EX-L 2.4L

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by lagusboyyy(m): 7:50pm On Oct 10, 2021
jaykorbs:
HONDA ACCORD!!!

The country is hard enough,dont add more to what you will be worrying your mind about.

Honda is in every way reliable than Nissan.

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by diportivo: 7:47am On Oct 11, 2021
millomaniac:

which generation is now plagued with leg issues?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by oscillation55(m): 8:44am On Oct 11, 2021
diportivo:

grin grin grin So you mean to say wahala no dey finish
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by millomaniac: 8:51am On Oct 11, 2021
diportivo:

No generation of Honda is plagued with any leg issues.
From my experience it is a big fat lie. Hondas are solid vehicles.

4 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Philadelphia: 9:25am On Oct 11, 2021
fizcoo20:

Thanks.

No thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Philadelphia: 9:27am On Oct 11, 2021
millomaniac:

False!
Say only what you know and is proven to be true, rather than what you think is true which you don’t know.

Tell me one generation of the Camry that beats the Accord of same generation (years) in terms of practical reliability.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dadabashua1(m): 9:32am On Oct 11, 2021
millomaniac:

only plagued with yeye owners and fake spare parts seller,I second it Sir grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by diportivo: 9:40am On Oct 11, 2021
millomaniac:

Philadelphia:

False!
Say only what you know and is proven to be true, rather than what you think is true which you don’t know.

Tell me one generation of the Camry that beats the Accord of same generation (years) in terms of practical reliability.

from this number 2

oga millomaniac e be like u nor too get experience o lipsrsealed
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by diportivo: 9:41am On Oct 11, 2021
oscillation55:

grin grin grin So you mean to say wahala no dey finish

cheesy
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by millomaniac: 1:02pm On Oct 11, 2021
dadabashua1:
only plagued with yeye owners and fake spare parts seller,I second it Sir grin grin

Don't mind them. I owned a v6 accord for 4 years and i be James bond for road, never once did any leg pull.

3 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by millomaniac: 1:05pm On Oct 11, 2021
diportivo:

from this number 2

oga millomaniac e be like u nor too get experience o lipsrsealed

It does not matter the brand, if you leave the warning signs of any vehicle unattended for long, it will pull.

3 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ThatAppleGuy: 3:33pm On Oct 11, 2021
lagusboyyy:
Avoid the MDX.

Go for the RAV4.

Honda Pilot should be your second option for exclusivity.

I think he needs a compact SUV, I don't think Honda Pilot belongs to that category
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by diportivo: 3:56pm On Oct 11, 2021
millomaniac:

It does not matter the brand, if you leave the warning signs of any vehicle unattended for long, it will pull.

if u don't change trans oil often,it will start slipping

probably honda accord 97-02 don't av transmission issues too cool

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Deigofortune: 11:28am On Oct 15, 2021
Hello house...pls how Good is Mobil super 5w-30 ..?? Pls is it adviceable to service my Car with it...? 160k millage ..?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by kingreign(m): 12:06pm On Oct 15, 2021
diportivo:

if u don't change trans oil often,it will start slipping

probably honda accord 97-02 don't av transmission issues too cool
Lol tongue in cheek line of speech spotted grin grin
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by diportivo: 12:13pm On Oct 15, 2021
kingreign:

Lol tongue in cheek line of speech spotted grin grin

I had fun while it lasted grin
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by JOHIJOHICONTO: 1:57pm On Oct 16, 2021
Hello House! Is the toyota avalon 2006-2009 model a good car? I plan on getting it soon? Advise please or recommend a good alternative with the same price range

Are there any known faults of this vehicle I should be aware of ?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 2:50pm On Oct 16, 2021
JOHIJOHICONTO:
Hello House! Is the toyota avalon 2006-2009 model a good car? I plan on getting it soon? Advise please or recommend a good alternative with the same price range

Are there any known faults of this vehicle I should be aware of ?

Solid ride if you dont have fuel economy concerns as it's a V6 full size luxurious sedan
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by JOHIJOHICONTO: 3:20pm On Oct 16, 2021
nurey:

Solid ride if you dont have fuel economy concerns as it's a V6 full size luxurious sedan

Thanks Nurey for your input. I heard it is prone to electrical faults more reason I need advice from maybe previous users? What do you think ? fuel isn't really an issue, I seem to like V6 the more.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by classiquestan: 4:02pm On Oct 16, 2021
Hi everyone,
Please, can someone recommend for me a very good mechanic with specialty in Toyota Corolla in Benin-City..Thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by lexini: 7:44pm On Oct 16, 2021
Good evening guys

Is 2007 Toyota Highlander hybrid a reliable everyday car?

Mileage is about 168k
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Branduche: 2:18am On Oct 17, 2021
Mdx and Honda Pilot
Any difference in engine and tranny?
Is it not the same 3.5 vtec?
millomaniac:

The mdx is a great car better than the rav 4 and pilot and very reliable. But it's a performance oriented luxury machine. Therefore it's higher maintenance compared to the other two and it has poor fuel economy. Your best bet is the rav 4.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by 9icetoo(m): 2:53am On Oct 17, 2021
Branduche:
Mdx and Honda Pilot
Which year are you referring to?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by 9icetoo(m): 2:55am On Oct 17, 2021
lexini:
Good evening guys

Is 2007 Toyota Highlander hybrid a reliable everyday car?

Mileage is about 168k
Yes but I'd be worried about the 14 year old hybrid battery. Factor in the cost of replacement.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by millomaniac: 8:28am On Oct 17, 2021
Branduche:
Mdx and Honda Pilot

Well, they are not exactly the same car. To cut the story short, the acura mdx is a Honda pilot/odyssey on steroids. Same Honda reliability but more performance. The mdx is honda's response to german competition like the X5, ML.
The engine is tuned differently and makes more power. It handles much better(I think suspension was tuned by the Germans at one popular racetrack like that in Germany)
The interior is more refined, has more premium materials.
Infact is like saying a Lexus is same with a camry because they have same engine.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 9:06am On Oct 17, 2021
JOHIJOHICONTO:

Thanks Nurey for your input. I heard it is prone to electrical faults more reason I need advice from maybe previous users? What do you think ? fuel isn't really an issue, I seem to like V6 the more.

It is not prone to any issue. It is as reliable as any Toyota can be
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by OfficialDJ: 9:36am On Oct 17, 2021
millomaniac:

Well, they are not exactly the same car. To cut the story short, the acura mdx is a Honda pilot/odyssey on steroids. Same Honda reliability but more performance. The mdx is honda's response to german competition like the X5, ML.
The engine is tuned differently and makes more power. It handles much better(I think suspension was tuned by the Germans at one popular racetrack like that in Germany)
The interior is more refined, has more premium materials.
Infact is like saying a Lexus is same with a camry because they have same engine.
W
R
O
N
G
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by JOHIJOHICONTO: 2:50pm On Oct 17, 2021
nurey:

It is not prone to any issue. It is as reliable as any Toyota can be

Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) ... (259) (Reply)

How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.