Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,532 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:06 PM

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread - Car Talk (222) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread (445836 Views)

A Look At 2019 Armoured Mercedes-Maybach S560,Official Car Of President Buhari / So Buhari's Official Car Na Boi Boi Sef... / Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) ... (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dryakson(m): 9:30pm On Mar 19, 2022
OfficialDJ:
c300.
The Is is too featherweight in my opinion.

Get a toks c300.
Thanks, boss
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Aaaaarghmed(m): 2:27am On Mar 20, 2022
dryakson:
Thanks, boss
hope you ply good roads,because the cars you mentioned are extremely low.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dryakson(m): 10:24am On Mar 20, 2022
Aaaaarghmed:
hope you ply good roads,because the cars you mentioned are extremely low.
Mainly from house to office within the city. Road is good. Thank
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by jkonline: 5:02pm On Mar 22, 2022
Guys,
As I be JJC, what's the year of this car?
Do I call it 2006 or 2007?

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by OfficialDJ: 6:18pm On Mar 22, 2022
jkonline:
Guys,
As I be JJC, what's the year of this car?
Do I call it 2006 or 2007?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by jkonline: 6:12pm On Mar 23, 2022
OfficialDJ:

Nagode, Imela, nmama, Eseun...
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by adaenwa: 8:44am On Mar 26, 2022
Please I need advice on these two brands.
2006 Volkswagen Jetta 1.6L ,

2004 Honda Accord 4 cylinder.

They are both Naija used. Please which of the 2 cars is reliable.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 9:39am On Mar 26, 2022
adaenwa:
Please I need advice on these two brands.
2006 Volkswagen Jetta 1.6L ,

2004 Honda Accord 4 cylinder.

They are both Naija used. Please which of the 2 cars is reliable.

I don't always advice naija used vw products because they don't take abuse and nigerians rarely maintain their cars.

Now the accord is reliable the only downside is the transmission I would have preferred you pick a 2005 upwards instead if you can. Then the shaft issues which a new commer might not be used to.

The Jetta I know is reliable in all aspect if it is the American version not the European one that is Bora which sometimes is called jetta too. The VW parts are more expensive but they always last and are more original. The jetta has many sensors attached to different parts.

I would advise you pick the accord but make it a 2005 upwards if you can or inspect the 2004, ensure there is no hidden gear fault and change transmission oil immediately you buy it, then change subsequently every year to avoid transmission wahala

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by adaenwa: 10:35am On Mar 26, 2022
nurey:

I don't always advice naija used vw products because they don't take abuse and nigerians rarely maintain their cars.

Now the accord is reliable the only downside is the transmission I would have preferred you pick a 2005 upwards instead if you can. Then the shaft issues which a new commer might not be used to.

The Jetta I know is reliable in all aspect if it is the American version not the European one that is Bora which sometimes is called jetta too. The VW parts are more expensive but they always last and are more original. The jetta has many sensors attached to different parts.

I would advise you pick the accord but make it a 2005 upwards if you can or inspect the 2004, ensure there is no hidden gear fault and change transmission oil immediately you buy it, then change subsequently every year to avoid transmission wahala

Thanks Nurey.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Lovelynife(m): 3:34pm On Mar 26, 2022
nurey:

Good afternoon sir. Please can I chat you on WhatsApp sir? Please I need your input/advice sir
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 6:56pm On Mar 26, 2022
Lovelynife:

Good afternoon sir. Please can I chat you on WhatsApp sir? Please I need your input/advice sir

Yes you can sir/ma
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by revived2: 10:06pm On Mar 26, 2022
nurey:

Both 3.5L v6 offered in the accord crosstour has VCM, except the j30 in the china variant.

I am also eyeing the cross tour

What's the vcm issue about bro or what do you advice
I sincerely want to get the cross tour, it represents my day to day work well.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 7:11am On Mar 27, 2022
revived2:

I am also eyeing the cross tour

What's the vcm issue about bro or what do you advice
I sincerely want to get the cross tour, it represents my day to day work well.

There are people rocking their crosstour but try and buy 2013 to 2015 model

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by revived2: 9:47am On Mar 27, 2022
nurey:

There are people rocking their crosstour but try and buy 2013 to 2015 model

Okay boss, thanks for the recommendation

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Percival9(m): 12:10pm On Mar 27, 2022
BROTHERS I NEED ADVICE

WHICH CAR DO YOU THINK I SHOULD GET AS MY FIRST CAR
Within 800k-1.5m range
As a young man smiley

That is
Reliable and easy to maintain
Manageable fuel comsumption
Less issues
Fine one not Old generation!

Please i need ur recommendations

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 6:42pm On Mar 27, 2022
Percival9:
BROTHERS I NEED ADVICE

WHICH CAR DO YOU THINK I SHOULD GET AS MY FIRST CAR
Within 800k-1.3m range
As a young man smiley

That is
Reliable and easy to maintain
Manageable fuel comsumption
Less issues
Fine one not Old generation!

Please i need ur recommendations

At 1.3m, just keep your eyes peeled for deals. They come up once in a while.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Aaaaarghmed(m): 9:20pm On Mar 27, 2022
HeavenlyBang:

Accord 05,Accord 07,camry 06.All Nigerian used.if you can add up 200k to your funds,you can be lucky to get camry 08 and Accrord 08.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Percival9(m): 10:51pm On Mar 27, 2022
HeavenlyBang:

quick remedy my brotha
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Percival9(m): 10:53pm On Mar 27, 2022
Aaaaarghmed:
Accord 05,Accord 07,camry 06.All Nigerian used.if you can add up 200k to your funds,you can be lucky to get camry 08 and Accrord 08.
cheesy grin the last part ginger me well Camry 08 and accord 08 are one of my fav cars

Buh comparison between them which one is better?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by olumzzz(m): 5:04am On Mar 28, 2022
Percival9:

cheesy grin the last part ginger me well Camry 08 and accord 08 are one of my fav cars

Both are good.
However, the camry's engine has an oil burn issue so watch out for that while inspecting.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Aaaaarghmed(m): 5:07am On Mar 28, 2022
Percival9:

well everyone with his choice ,I prefer the accord 08 because it has a better finishing and handles better.interior is dope.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by freemayor4u: 9:53am On Mar 29, 2022
Hello my good people
Plus which one should I buy between 2009 Toyota RAV4 v4 Vs Toyota Highlander v6
Give me you candid advice
Your experience
Fuel consumption
Reliability
Durability
Maintenance cost
Spare parts costs
Thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by newguy365: 6:09pm On Mar 31, 2022
Hello guys, which do you advise to buy between 2008/9 Lexus ES and 2013 Toyota Camry V6?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Aaaaarghmed(m): 2:23am On Apr 01, 2022
newguy365:
Hello guys, which do you advise to buy between 2008/9 Lexus ES and 2013 Toyota Camry V6?
abeg get the lexus,010 precisely, that camry 013 is crappy
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by newguy365: 8:10am On Apr 01, 2022
Aaaaarghmed:
abeg get the lexus,010 precisely, that camry 013 is crappy
wow, this is the first time I am seeing crappy used in the same sentence with the 2013 Camry. Thanks for the feedback bro
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Olonisakinibile(f): 6:24pm On Apr 02, 2022
Good evening house.
How do I activate security on my Camry 08. Got it a few months ago but it seems not to be working when someone touches the doors or attempts to open, it doesn't make those noise

What do I need to do cos I know all cars have doz security embedded.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Correct05: 9:16am On Apr 03, 2022
Hyundai Azera 2006 or Hyundai Sonata 2008. As per maintenance and accessibility to parts.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Correct05: 9:17am On Apr 03, 2022
Both are tokunbo from USA
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 10:27am On Apr 03, 2022
Correct05:
Hyundai Azera 2006 or Hyundai Sonata 2008. As per maintenance and accessibility to parts.

Azera is a senior brother to sonata, more refined and luxurious than the sonata.

The sonata has a 4cylinder and V6 engines, since it's from US, it's a solid ride too. Boh vehicles share parts because some engine offering are also same for both.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Correct05: 10:51am On Apr 03, 2022
Thanks Nurey. Thanks Boss
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 11:12am On Apr 03, 2022
Correct05:
Thanks Nurey. Thanks Boss

The Azera has 4 cylinder and V6 too just like the sonata so you are covered in good fuel economy.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) ... (259) (Reply)

How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.