Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,636 members, 7,820,231 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread - Car Talk (240) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread (447079 Views)

A Look At 2019 Armoured Mercedes-Maybach S560,Official Car Of President Buhari / So Buhari's Official Car Na Boi Boi Sef... / Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) ... (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by olisehcom(f): 9:22am On Mar 31, 2023
nurey:

IS350 is good and fast buy if you see a good specimen.

C class aren't expensive to maintain if you buy good one.

Tokunbo or naija used cars are still used cars with a degree of wear and tear, maintenance of former owner would be the determining factor whether it's a good buy or not.

So, which is better between the 2
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 1:43pm On Mar 31, 2023
olisehcom:

So, which is better between the 2

None is better than the other, enter both, take a test drive and feel their interior it would enable you pick your choice. For naija used mostly the one that is in good condition would likely be your pick as you may not have choice of waiting long
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Bukola94: 6:45pm On Mar 31, 2023
olumzzz:

You have not driven lexus or benz before but decided to give expert advice.
Pls leave advising to the experts here so we don't mislead people.
lol,just my opinion, saw the C300 Benz, the speed and balance was topnotch. that Lexus 300 is kind of old and not different from the highlander of 2008. I prefer the Rav4 2009 and that HONDA CRV or HRV or SUV or CUV. LOL I don't know their major differences.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by olumzzz(m): 8:15pm On Mar 31, 2023
Bukola94:
lol,just my opinion, saw the C300 Benz, the speed and balance was topnotch. that Lexus 300 is kind of old and not different from the highlander of 2008. I prefer the Rav4 2009 and that HONDA CRV or HRV or SUV or CUV. LOL I don't know their major differences.
I understand you but you're totally wrong here.
The lexus is350 will easily beat the c300 benz for speed, acceleration and reliability.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ksmart027(m): 10:23pm On Mar 31, 2023
olumzzz:

The lexus is350 will easily beat the c300 benz for speed, acceleration and reliability.
The Is350 will use c300 for breakfast grin

4 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Bukola94: 5:15am On Apr 01, 2023
olumzzz:

Really, have you race with both cars before?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Bukola94: 6:29am On Apr 01, 2023
olumzzz:

Performance
When it comes to horsepower, the Lexus IS 350 is somewhat more powerful than the Mercedes-Benz C-Class.
Powertrain
With its lower torque, the Lexus IS 350 doesn't do as good a job transmitting power to its wheels as the Mercedes-Benz C-Class.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 7:13am On Apr 01, 2023
Bukola94:
Performance
When it comes to horsepower, the Lexus IS 350 is somewhat more powerful than the Mercedes-Benz C-Class.
Powertrain
With its lower torque, the Lexus IS 350 doesn't do as good a job transmitting power to its wheels as the Mercedes-Benz C-Class.

For that year bracket a C300 would beat a IS250.

The IS350 will beat both the C300 and C350

The C63 will beat the IS-Fsport

Find the races online and learn something new

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by olumzzz(m): 9:58am On Apr 01, 2023
Bukola94:
Performance
Powertrain
Hello sir,
Saying C class is too ambiguous.
The comparison here is between is350 and c300.
Shikena.
0 to 60 times and times to 0.25 mile is a great way to compare.
Horsepower, torque aren't ultimate comparison factors as gearbox, drag coefficient, traction, LSD, weight and RWD/AWD still play major factors.
The c300 is wayyyyyyy slower than the is350
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Bukola94: 11:30am On Apr 01, 2023
ksmart027:

The Is350 will use c300 for breakfast grin
I don't think it will be that far difference. I see a lot of cars on the road everyday, and the cars I fear most is Honda's,Benz,BMW,ACURA,Toyota Hiace & SUVs. They overspeed and I rarely stop them & all this power bikes. My department and FRSC work together
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Bukola94: 11:49am On Apr 01, 2023
olumzzz:

Hello sir,
Shikena.
Horsepower, torque aren't ultimate comparison factors as gearbox, drag coefficient, traction, LSD, weight and RWD/AWD still play major factors.
thanks for the clarification, but the C300 speed and acceleration is scary, though have not seen IS350 speed or acceleration before.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Bukola94: 11:53am On Apr 01, 2023
olumzzz:

Hello sir,
Shikena.
by saying the C300 is wayyy slower than is350,can you quote the seconds they both reach 100km. thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by olumzzz(m): 1:17pm On Apr 01, 2023
Bukola94:
by saying the C300 is wayyy slower than is350,can you quote the seconds they both reach 100km. thanks
0 - 100 km/h times for the is350 and c300 are 4.8 seconds and 6.4 seconds respectively. So wayyyyy slower
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by kingreign(m): 2:09pm On Apr 01, 2023
olumzzz:

0 - 100 km/h times for the is350 and c300 are 4.8 seconds and 6.4 seconds respectively. So wayyyyy slower
C300 is more like a 6.8-7sec car.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by kingreign(m): 2:10pm On Apr 01, 2023
Bukola94:
I don't think it will be that far difference. I see a lot of cars on the road everyday, and the cars I fear most is Honda's,Benz,BMW,ACURA,Toyota Hiace & SUVs. They overspeed and I rarely stop them & all this power bikes. My department and FRSC work together

You don’t know what you’re talking with all due respect. That your dept and FRSC work together doesn’t any difference or deciding factor in this comparison.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by kingreign(m): 2:11pm On Apr 01, 2023
Bukola94:
The distance between the IS350 and C300 will keep getting wider the more distance covered.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Bukola94: 2:42pm On Apr 01, 2023
kingreign:

The distance between the IS350 and C300 will keep getting wider the more distance covered.

I don't think so, I will check it up myself
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Bukola94: 2:46pm On Apr 01, 2023
kingreign:

You don’t know what you’re talking with all due respect. That your dept and FRSC work together doesn’t any difference or deciding factor in thi comparison.
u don't get me,we work beside the road almost every day,so we practically see cars trying to out runs each other. And we have see lots of accidents due to overspeed in our presence. One of the fastest cars I have seen on Nigeria road is Benz, Honda crosstour,pilot,Prado,range rover, Hiace,Ford and BMW. One of the fast cars that I have driven that gave me top speed and acceleration is Honda,Highlander,GMC(V8 though) and the Mazda
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by kingreign(m): 3:05pm On Apr 01, 2023
Bukola94:
u don't get me,we work beside the road almost every day,so we practically see cars trying to out runs each other. And we have see lots of accidents due to overspeed in our presence. One of the fastest cars I have seen on Nigeria road is Benz, Honda crosstour,pilot,Prado,range rover, Hiace,Ford and BMW. One of the fast cars that I have driven that gave me top speed and acceleration is Honda,Highlander and the Mazda
Prado, Pilot. Hiace, crosstour are not noted for being very fast cars, not even on any Nigerian roads.
Depending on ford, Range Rover and BMW models l, some are slow and some are fast.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Bukola94: 3:46pm On Apr 01, 2023
kingreign:

Prado, Pilot. Hiace, crosstour are not noted for being very fast cars, not even on any Nigerian roads.
Depending on ford, Range Rover and BMW models l, some are slow and some are fast.
Prado,pilot do 140km/HR conveniently and u said is not fast. I use to challenge driver any time I am travelling and he is doing 140km/HR in Toyota hiace bus, because I use to stay in front, because I stay awake throughout the journey. On the Honda cross tour not being very fast, it gap Toyota venza. The cross tour is double exhaust, so they seems to be faster than single in that category. The Ford is faster than Hilux(both are brand new) and is like the Ford is hybrid
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by olumzzz(m): 4:16pm On Apr 01, 2023
kingreign:

C300 is more like a 6.8-7sec car.
Abi o. but it should do 6.5 in favorable conditions.
People just see benz and believe it's gold. Even the c350 go dey the is350 rearview mirror
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by olumzzz(m): 4:23pm On Apr 01, 2023
Bukola94:
Prado,pilot do 140km/HR conveniently and u said is not fast. I use to challenge driver any time I am travelling and he is doing 140km/HR in Toyota hiace bus, because I use to stay in front, because I stay awake throughout the journey. On the Honda cross tour not being very fast, it gap Toyota venza. The cross tour is double exhaust, so they seems to be faster than single in that category. The Ford is faster than Hilux(both are brand new) and is like the Ford is hybrid
grin
You clearly don't know much about cars.
The crosstour and venza both have i4 and v6 variants which you didn't consider in your analysis.
All cars you listed are not even considered as fast cars. The is350 will kill all of them and that is not even one of the fastest cars.
We haven't even mentioned the IS-F/GS-F or the AMG variants or the M-sports.
I have an advice for you, go watch youtube videos on fast cars and what makes a car faster than another. Also watch drag races.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Lobolintin(m): 8:37pm On Apr 01, 2023
Any information on Volkswagen Jetta 5th Gen
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Dabss(m): 10:48pm On Apr 01, 2023
nurey:

They are parked because owner is eating by the roadside or even urinating. But the are very reliable workhorse.

12 to 13 came with metallic oil cooler lines so ensure if you aren't buying that year bracket check the cooler lines, if its rubber change to metal if you can. For the V6 engines

The other factory defect is fan switching on by itself even when ignition is off reported here on NL.
Urinating or eating with the bonet open? grin
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Bukola94: 11:39pm On Apr 01, 2023
olumzzz:

grin
The crosstour and venza both have i4 and v6 variants which you didn't consider in your analysis.
All cars you listed are not even considered as fast cars. The is350 will kill all of them and that is not even one of the fastest cars.
I have an advice for you, go watch youtube videos on fast cars and what makes a car faster than another. Also watch drag races.
sincerely speaking I don't know much about cars, but I do ask questions.my bad On the cross tour and venza, I don't want a long epistle ,I tot u already know since you are an expert. Still I maintain my stands on the venza&crosstour(either i4/V6) the cross T was quick in acceleration. I practically witness this on Camry 03 and Corolla 03(I drove both cars) the Camry is my neighbor car&Corolla is that of my sister. I will like to upload pictures of both tomorrow. I may still be wrong in my analysis again just like u said early,but am sure the Corolla03 is i4, not sure of Camry 03 cylinder. let me say both are regular use of car from house to office or carry children from school. U said I don't know cars,ok,judge if I am a novice with my analysis again, but have been driving since 12years, have heat the road with cars, vehicles and was given chance to takeover one of dangote long trailer(so crazy) that night was scariest moment of my life,but I made it from a dangerous road and dangerous town in 9ja. Don't know I will become a road controller &the FRSC will be coming to our office and we will be working together. Hoping to cross borders of our neighborhood country one day with cars.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Bukola94: 1:25am On Apr 02, 2023
olumzzz:

grin
No lie, don't know anything about ISF/GSF,don't know cars just like you said, please let me know. If is AMG variant/ Msport,have seen & touch it, told a big sis I like her car(brand new)& will pick it over jeeps(Toyota,Honda,Lexus,venza&Rav4) C class and big Toyota muscle, and aunty was telling me how her car will buy two of jeeps, buy 3 other cars and still collect change in million.She go far by saying I will sell it after 2yrs and invest it in my biz or build more new flat( lots was running through my head,me never buy bicycle or bike, poverty yy,poverty die) also thinking aunty was exaggerating and joking. Told a big bro what aunty said,bro ask did she tell u the worth of AMG? said NO! bro said she doesn't want to spoil my mood or spoilt my stomach. bro said she told the truth or maybe exaggerate it. Lol, u know what is funny, Toyota dat is muscle, she said she will forgive if someone bash it, I said if I bash the AMG, said she will lock me up. My mind was saying she will sent me to jail,if is anyone she may kill. so oga for u to know I don't know cars, what is so special about is350?(wondering what I can do with is350,kindly post pic)compares to AMG?(big aunty knows what I can/will do with that AMG). That Benz C300 wow me,and I will still try and do magic against is350, u said is350 will kill the C300 by far,right? someone in thread said the FRSC&I on the road were day dreaming and seeing nonsense, even said is250 beat the Benz C300. Pls expert should prove me/the person wrong on comparing the is250 and C300... because what I saw in practical is totally different.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by olumzzz(m): 11:53am On Apr 02, 2023
Bukola94:
No lie, don't know anything about ISF/GSF,don't know cars just like you said, please let me know. If is AMG variant/ Msport,have seen & touch it, told a big sis I like her car(brand new)& will pick it over jeeps(Toyota,Honda,Lexus,venza&Rav4) C class and big Toyota muscle, and aunty was telling me how her car will buy two of jeeps, buy 3 other cars and still collect change in million.She go far by saying I will sell it after 2yrs and invest it in my biz or build more new flat( lots was running through my head,me never buy bicycle or bike, poverty yy,poverty die) also thinking aunty was exaggerating and joking. Told a big bro what aunty said,bro ask did she tell u the worth of AMG? said NO! bro said she doesn't want to spoil my mood or spoilt my stomach. bro said she told the truth or maybe exaggerate it. Lol, u know what is funny, Toyota dat is muscle, she said she will forgive if someone bash it, I said if I bash the AMG, said she will lock me up. My mind was saying she will sent me to jail,if is anyone she may kill. so oga for u to know I don't know cars, what is so special about is350?(wondering what I can do with is350,kindly post pic)compares to AMG?(big aunty knows what I can/will do with that AMG). That Benz C300 wow me,and I will still try and do magic against is350, u said is350 will kill the C300 by far,right? someone in thread said the FRSC&I on the road were day dreaming and seeing nonsense, even said is250 beat the Benz C300. Pls expert should prove me/the person wrong on comparing the is250 and C300... because what I saw in practical is totally different.
Nurey, kingreign, over to you
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by whogoesthere: 12:57pm On Apr 02, 2023
Hello bosses and car gurus,

Please what can you say about Hyundai Sonata 2014 Limited Edition? Any concerns when compared to Toyota?

Thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by kingreign(m): 1:12pm On Apr 02, 2023
olumzzz:

Nurey, kingreign, over to you
Kingreign cannot can anymore ejoor sir!

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by olumzzz(m): 1:29pm On Apr 02, 2023
whogoesthere:
Hello bosses and car gurus,

Please what can you say about Hyundai Sonata 2014 Limited Edition? Any concerns when compared to Toyota?

Thanks
When compared to which Toyota model and year?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by zingara(m): 2:03pm On Apr 02, 2023
Can someone give me a good break down of toyota rav 4 2000 model based on its fuel economy, maintenance cost and durability? thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Rinoxy: 2:15pm On Apr 02, 2023
kingreign:

Kingreign cannot can anymore ejoor sir!
E don tire you abi??

(1) (2) (3) ... (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) ... (259) (Reply)

How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.