Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,583 members, 7,812,909 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:01 PM

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread - Car Talk (242) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread (444991 Views)

A Look At 2019 Armoured Mercedes-Maybach S560,Official Car Of President Buhari / So Buhari's Official Car Na Boi Boi Sef... / Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) ... (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Charlssey(m): 9:39am On Apr 16, 2023
olumzzz:

You already know the lexus beats the mazda in reliability.
Hope you know there are new ULEZ zones in the UK now so you have to be sure the mazda meets euro 6 emission standard.

For me o:
Handling - similar (though the mazda might slightly edge the lexus in this category)
Driver-assist technology - Lexus (though the infotainment might be a bit tricky to navigate but better than mazda's bland interior)
Cabin quality - definitely lexus
Overall driving/ownership experience - Mazda because the lexus uses a CVT which just groans when throttle is floored unlike Mazda which uses a standard auto tranny.

Thanks..
Yea, the mazda 6 meets the Euro 6/ulez standard.
The mazda's (premium) interior isn't up to the lexus (luxury) standard but it isn't that bad either.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by olumzzz(m): 10:36am On Apr 16, 2023
Charlssey:

Thanks..
Yea, the mazda 6 meets the Euro 6/ulez standard.
The mazda's (premium) interior isn't up to the lexus (luxury) standard but it isn't that bad either.
Bros that interior shouldn't be for a 2015 car.
It's too ordinary.
But it drives better than the lexus sha.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by eanestca(m): 11:29pm On Apr 18, 2023
Good evening house

Please am stuck between
Honda crosstour v6 2010 and
Acura mdx 2008

Both are toks, which is more reliable?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 5:22am On Apr 19, 2023
eanestca:
Good evening house

Please am stuck between
Honda crosstour v6 2010 and
Acura mdx 2008

Both are toks, which is more reliable?

Crosstour with VCM is dicey except maybe you pick 2013 upwards.

The MDX is reliable but not good on gas
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by 9icetoo(m): 10:31am On Apr 19, 2023
nurey:

Crosstour with VCM is dicey except maybe you pick 2013 upwards.

The MDX is reliable but not good on gas
The v6 crosstour isn't too good on gas either.

And that crosstour looks hideous. undecided

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Bizbitz: 8:39pm On Apr 23, 2023
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 8:46pm On Apr 23, 2023
Bizbitz:
Good evening house.

Lexus Is250 or es330 which one will go for fuel economy, maintenance and durability?

Which one will you choose if you intend to keep the car for long let’s say 3 to 5 years.

Thanks

Both aren't fuel efficient nah V6 dey inside dem.

ES330 because family will be added within 3 to 5 years they will be able to sit comfortably at the back

4 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ActivatedDreams: 6:15pm On Apr 24, 2023
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:06pm On Apr 24, 2023
Bizbitz:
Good evening house.

Lexus Is250 or es330 which one will go for fuel economy, maintenance and durability?

Which one will you choose if you intend to keep the car for long let’s say 3 to 5 years.

Thanks

I'd buy a Honda Accord.

3 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Djreloaded(m): 7:09pm On Apr 24, 2023
ActivatedDreams:
Good evening house,

Please I need suggestions for a first time car owner who also wants to consider doing bolt at free time not full time.

Key points
Appearance:
maintenance
Full consumptions
And more

Please budget is 2-3M (Nigeria used)
go for a corolla. Yeah yeah, the bandwagon effect; but if it isn't broken don't fix it.
I don't even like Toyotas my self, but a corolla ticks all those boxes you've mentioned.
For the purpose of the purchase - a 2006 corolla fits the bill.

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ActivatedDreams: 7:54pm On Apr 24, 2023
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by puretayo(m): 1:55am On Apr 25, 2023
Good morning house. Nurey I greet u specially.

I in a fix right now to choose between a 2011 Rav4 4wd and Honda Accord 2014. Both Nigerian used sha.

Nurey abeg I bliv ur validation.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 4:58am On Apr 25, 2023
puretayo:
Good morning house. Nurey I greet u specially.

I in a fix right now to choose between a 2011 Rav4 4wd and Honda Accord 2014. Both Nigerian used sha.

Nurey abeg I bliv ur validation.

My validation keh, bia nwokem be very very careful grin

Both vehicles are good in their class. The 4 cylinder accord has a good mpeg, but the 4 cylinder rav4 isn't too bad either.

All engine variant are very solid too. I would tilt towards the rav4 in lagos because raining season comes with flood and bad roads, where sedans and smaller cars shy from entering, I drive my CUV through those roads and I come out strong at the otherside.

But also we get more flood on the island compared to mainland. Parts and technical know how available for both vehicles.

Maintenance cost the rav4 should come cheaper since it debuted in 2007 while the accord debuted in 2013.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by olumzzz(m): 7:09am On Apr 25, 2023
ActivatedDreams:

Thanks so much for your reply. It’s well noted.

What’s your take on Camry models too within that range.
You already said bolt driving is involved. The camry is ok but has a bigger engine thus more fuel consumption relatively

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by TrebleChamp(m): 8:17am On Apr 25, 2023
HeavenlyBang:

I'd buy a Honda Accord.
You seem like an expert in Honda cars, please what is your honest view about CVT engine? I saw a Honda CRV vs Toyota rav4 review on YouTube, and the Oyinbo guys review the cars complained about CVT engine in Honda cars.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Djreloaded(m): 11:52am On Apr 25, 2023
TrebleChamp:
You seem like an expert in Honda cars, please what is your honest view about CVT engine? I saw a Honda CRV vs Toyota rav4 review on YouTube, and the Oyinbo guys review the cars complained about CVT engine in Honda cars.
Abort mission.
Any wrong oil in that engine means death.
Too fragile of an engine.
Abort mission.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 12:23pm On Apr 25, 2023
TrebleChamp:

There is no CVT engine, what we have is CVT transmission and honda variant are reliable

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 12:23pm On Apr 25, 2023
Djreloaded:
Abort mission.
Any wrong oil in that engine means death.
Too fragile of an engine.
Abort mission.

grin CVT engine indeed. Otondo JJC

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Djreloaded(m): 12:37pm On Apr 25, 2023
nurey:

grin CVT engine indeed. Otondo JJC
Cvt transmission or engine?
Ómó ale grin

I was obviously deferring to the Cvt transmission mumu.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Djreloaded(m): 12:39pm On Apr 25, 2023
nurey:

There is no CVT engine, what we have is CVT transmission and honda variant are reliable
reliable? A Cvt transmission is never reliable, and with the callous maintenance culture of Nigerians with a tendency to put wrong oils in those transmissions..

So would you choose a Cvt over an automatic?

You meant fragile?
Dey play.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 12:54pm On Apr 25, 2023
Djreloaded:
reliable? A Cvt transmission is never reliable, and with the callous maintenance culture of Nigerians with a tendency to put wrong oils in those transmissions..

So would you choose a Cvt over an automatic?

You meant fragile?
Dey play.

Yes I will pick CVT if the particular transmission model is okay. If that model only comes with CVT and it's my choice, I will buy it.

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Djreloaded(m): 12:56pm On Apr 25, 2023
nurey:

Yes I will pick CVT if the particular transmission model is okay. If that model only comes with CVT and it's my choice, I will buy it.
Yen yen yen grin
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dasanchez1(m): 12:56pm On Apr 25, 2023
nurey:

My validation keh, bia nwokem be very very careful grin

Both vehicles are good in their class. The 4 cylinder accord has a good mpeg, but the 4 cylinder rav4 isn't too bad either.

All engine variant are very solid too. I would tilt towards the rav4 in lagos because raining season comes with flood and bad roads, where sedans and smaller cars shy from entering, I drive my CUV through those roads and I come out strong at the otherside.

But also we get more flood on the island compared to mainland. Parts and technical know how available for both vehicles.

Maintenance cost the rav4 should come cheaper since it debuted in 2007 while the accord debuted in 2013.
which CUV could you advice a first timer? smiley
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 1:19pm On Apr 25, 2023
dasanchez1:
which CUV could you advice a first timer? smiley

Toyota Rav 4
Honda Crv/HRV/Element
Nissan Xtrail/Qashqai/ kicks
Kia Sportage
Hyundai Tucson
Acura RDX
Volvo XC60
Benz GLK

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Djreloaded(m): 1:25pm On Apr 25, 2023
nurey:

Toyota Rav 4
Honda Crv/HRV/Element
Kia Sportage
Hyundai Tucson
Acura RDX
Volvo XC60
Benz GLK
ass list tbf.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dasanchez1(m): 3:14pm On Apr 25, 2023
nurey:

Toyota Rav 4
Honda Crv/HRV/Element
Kia Sportage
Hyundai Tucson
Acura RDX
Volvo XC60
Benz GLK
thanks baba.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dasanchez1(m): 3:36pm On Apr 25, 2023
nurey:

Toyota Rav 4
Honda Crv/HRV/Element
Kia Sportage
Hyundai Tucson
Acura RDX
Volvo XC60
Benz GLK
what of sedan series , which one is advisable?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 3:38pm On Apr 25, 2023
dasanchez1:
what of sedan series , which one is advisable?

Which one have you came across that you like and wish you were the owner.

2. What is your purchasing power (budget for the vehicle)

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dasanchez1(m): 3:48pm On Apr 25, 2023
nurey:

Which one have you came across that you like and wish you were the owner.

2. What is your purchasing power (budget for the vehicle)
1. Toyota Corolla 2010
2. 4-5m
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 3:51pm On Apr 25, 2023
dasanchez1:
1. Toyota Corolla 2010
2. 4-5m

Good vehicle, reliable and fuel economical

I believe 5m plus is the tokunbo price. If not buy a naija used in solid state.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dasanchez1(m): 4:13pm On Apr 25, 2023
nurey:

Good vehicle, reliable and fuel economical

I believe 5m plus is the tokunbo price. If not buy a naija used in solid state.
smiley smiley. I appreciate
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by TrebleChamp(m): 5:22pm On Apr 25, 2023
nurey:

Noted boss nurey

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) ... (259) (Reply)

How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.