Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,595 members, 7,812,949 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:20 PM

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread - Car Talk (246) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread (445008 Views)

A Look At 2019 Armoured Mercedes-Maybach S560,Official Car Of President Buhari / So Buhari's Official Car Na Boi Boi Sef... / Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) ... (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by valarinz: 10:50am On May 12, 2023
onlinediva:

Guy man, why you come dey dodge and shenk volvo like that? Lmao!!!

This is stale, you can do better bruh

This is not the honourable and ever ready prince we knew who swept us off our feet till the entire NL family took notice

Have you lost your creativity too? Your fans are eagerly anticipating (me inclusive cool)

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by 9icetoo(m): 11:57am On May 12, 2023
onlinediva:

He has been busy with AUTOS AND CARTALK LIMITED => www.autosandcartalk.com, which you must have come across its sponsored adverts on Facebook, Instagram, Google, etc. That could have even prompted you to write this.

In addition, it has been a very long time you post Volvo vehicles or things about them. Has the brand shown you shege to the extent of you breaking ties with them?
Replace the crossed out with I. Do not refer to yourself in the third person. Na sign say small small problem dey.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:26pm On May 12, 2023
9icetoo:

Replace the crossed out with I. Do not refer to yourself in the third person. Na sign say small small problem dey.

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Djreloaded(m): 4:48pm On May 13, 2023
valarinz:

Say no more bro, how have you been our darling prince grin

I must say I never expected this your current costume oo, yes we know of the plenty other monikers, just didn't see this one coming 🤭

I don miss you sha, make I no lie. No more free entertainment every once in awhile, do something about that pls.

Calculus still dey NL, abi you don forgive am for the cement gear? Pls let's light it up bruh ✌🏾
Dude....

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by JustSprung: 6:30am On May 16, 2023
Thanks to everyone contributing to this thread. I'm an intending first time car buyer and my budget is a hard 5m.
Don't know how to drive yet sha but I go run am.

My options right now are the
Camry 2012 LE (Nigerian used)
Accord 2011/12 Toks

Speaking to friends I've been advised against getting a Nigerian used Honda that's why I didn't bother putting the 2013 there.

For more context, I work frm home and wouldn't really be putting a lot of miles on so I know the wear and tear would be minimal over time.

Which would you guys recommend? Are my friends being false alarmist for cancelling out a naija used 2013 accord?

Hoping to buy in a few months before costs rises again 🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️. Thanks all.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 7:31am On May 16, 2023
JustSprung:
Thanks to everyone contributing to this thread. I'm an intending first time car buyer and my budget is a hard 5m.

Accord 2011/12 Toks

Speaking to friends I've been advised against getting a Nigerian used Honda that's why I didn't bother putting the 2013 there.

For more context, I work frm home and wouldn't really be putting a lot of miles on so I know the wear and tear would be minimal over time.

Which would you guys recommend? Are my friends being false alarmist for cancelling out a naija used 2013 accord?

2013 upwards accord is a very good buy as long as the unit you are buying as naija used is in good condition.

All vehicles you listed are okay but I would prefer naija used accord 2013 to naija used camry 2012. Better build quality, more refined, good looking

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by jceesquare(m): 9:30am On May 16, 2023
JustSprung:

Accord 2011/12 Toks

You might want to consider this 2013 Camry as it's well within your budget range.
https://www.nairaland.com/7667700/2013-camry-going-4m

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by JustSprung: 9:45am On May 16, 2023
Really love the design too, and would likely pick it sef but somehow it feels like in Nigeria there's a lot of bias towards the Toyota brand 😄

Thanks for your input

nurey:

2013 upwards accord is a very good buy as long as the unit you are buying as naija used is in good condition.

All vehicles you listed are okay but I would prefer naija used accord 2013 to naija used camry 2012. Better build quality, more refined, good looking
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by maik99(m): 4:56pm On May 16, 2023
JustSprung:
Really love the design too, and would likely pick it sef but somehow it feels like in Nigeria there's a lot of bias towards the Toyota brand 😄

Thanks for your input

Most Nigerians do what the crowd is doing
Do whatever you want with this info

4 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Collinsterol(m): 6:12pm On May 16, 2023
My oga dem, I have this camry 04 I'm using, but of late I've grown tired and I'm thinking of selling it for a used ES300 or 330? Is this a good idea or i should keep the camry for now.

And also what's the thought you guys have about a used Honda crosstour, i love it but seems 2010 is the only used with my budget
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 6:31pm On May 16, 2023
Collinsterol:
My oga dem, I have this camry 04 I'm using, but of late I've grown tired and I'm thinking of selling it for a used ES300 or 330? Is this a good idea or i should keep the camry for now.

And also what's the thought you guys have about a used Honda crosstour, i love it but seems 2010 is the only used with my budget

The ES is a more upscale camry, better interior, leather seats and more functions than the camry though they share same platform.

If buying crosstour ensure its i4, the only V6 year I can recommend is 2013 to 2015. Avoid 2010 to 12 crosstour V6

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by olumzzz(m): 1:13pm On May 17, 2023
nurey:

The ES is a more upscale camry, better interior, leather seats and more functions than the camry though they share same platform.

If buying crosstour ensure its i4, the only V6 year I can recommend is 2013 to 2015. Avoid 2010 to 12 crosstour V6
Very apt
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Collinsterol(m): 11:07pm On May 28, 2023
I've noticed no oga nurey and others hardly talk about ml 350 2007 upwards. Are they not good SUVs? Or is there a catch?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 4:29am On May 29, 2023
Collinsterol:
I've noticed no oga nurey and others hardly talk about ml 350 2007 upwards. Are they not good SUVs? Or is there a catch?

It's a good and reliable SUV but people hardly ask for it, toyota and lexus ti take over.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Collinsterol(m): 10:54pm On Jun 01, 2023
Maybe the parts are expensive? Drove one few months ago, must confess, i love the stability and the driving experience. It's quite endearing. Though I know it's definitely gonna have its own downside. But it's a German engineering, what could be better than that?
nurey:

It's a good and reliable SUV but people hardly ask for it, toyota and lexus ti take over.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Fabbyking: 7:11am On Jun 09, 2023
Good morning guys, pls I need suggestions on this. If I have a said amount that can get me an older model toks and the same amount can get me a newer model first grade used, which is advisable to go for? Thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Kingdemu: 7:46am On Jun 09, 2023
Fabbyking:
Good morning guys, pls I need suggestions on this. If I have a said amount that can get me an older model toks and the same amount can get me a newer model first grade used, which is advisable to go for? Thanks
What car are you talking about?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Fabbyking: 8:53am On Jun 09, 2023
Kingdemu:
What car are you talking about?
Generally speaking or is it dependent on the car brand? Or model?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by thedarklord(m): 1:44pm On Jun 11, 2023
JustSprung:

Accord 2011/12 Toks

Or a 2017 Elantra, thumbstart. Sweet vehicle
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Fabbyking: 8:21pm On Jun 11, 2023
Let me explain better. In need of a 7-8 seater car with atleast 240hp, My budget is 4m, wanted the 08 sienna but its above budget, so considering first grade used. Recently I was researching and came across the 07 pilot toks. Which should I go for?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 8:39pm On Jun 11, 2023
Fabbyking:
Let me explain better. In need of a 7-8 seater car with atleast 240hp, My budget is 4m, wanted the 08 sienna but its above budget, so considering first grade used. Recently I was researching and came across the 07 pilot toks. Which should I go for?

Jejely buy toks pilot

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Fabbyking: 9:01pm On Jun 11, 2023
Thanks nureyev, what of 05 sienna and 07 pilot both toks, which will be preferable?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by olumzzz(m): 9:08pm On Jun 11, 2023
Fabbyking:
Thanks nureyev, what of 05 sienna and 07 pilot both toks, which will be preferable?
Both are very different cars.
Sienna is a mini-van while pilot is an SUV.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by enigmatique(m): 11:46am On Jun 12, 2023
Dozieson:

Others are okay apart from hardex. Why are using hardex? Have you been using it from day 1?
Hello chief. Is Hardex a bad product? Decided to switch to it at my last servicing, so I'm wondering if that was a mistake.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by olumzzz(m): 2:00pm On Jun 12, 2023
enigmatique:

Hello chief. Is Hardex a bad product? Decided to switch to it at my last servicing, so I'm wondering if that was a mistake.
Just stick well known API certified brands like Castrol and Mobil
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Trippledots(m): 8:40am On Jun 18, 2023
Camry 09, 4plug, 2.7m naija used.... Any advice please before I commit funds. It's for family use, work, occasional solar installation trips, and uber once in a while.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by diportivo: 10:51am On Jun 18, 2023
enigmatique:

hmmmm hardex?

run o
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by diportivo: 10:53am On Jun 18, 2023
Trippledots:
Camry 09, 4plug, 2.7m naija used.... Any advice please before I commit funds. It's for family use, work, occasional solar installation trips, and uber once in a while.

family use....

work....

solar installation trios

uber....

u will be using this vehicle everyday,week in week out

before u commit funds,get a good mechanic to check it out is all i can say

4 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Aaaaarghmed(m): 5:37pm On Jun 18, 2023
Trippledots:
e no bad,but e go quickly turn to scrap.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by udatso: 8:34pm On Jun 18, 2023
Please I need help.

Budget is 4.5m though but I can slightly add.

Which of the following do I go for?

1. Camry 2010/11 toks xle v4
2. Camry 2013 Naija used xle v4
3. Honda accord 2011/12 v4 ivtec

It's basically to take me to office, move around Abuja and once in a while travel to Kano Kaduna or Edo at least once in a year.

I have to admit that seeing Honda cars alwith twisted front leg scares the hell out of me. I don't know if 11/12 has this issue though.

I am also very concerned about the fuel economy, maintenance cost, rugedity, durability and good suspension.

(1) (2) (3) ... (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) ... (259) (Reply)

How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.