Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,589 members, 7,812,914 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:24 PM

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread - Car Talk (245) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread (444998 Views)

A Look At 2019 Armoured Mercedes-Maybach S560,Official Car Of President Buhari / So Buhari's Official Car Na Boi Boi Sef... / Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) ... (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by 9icetoo(m): 6:58am On May 05, 2023
Benbastic:
Thanks for ur response please apart from the corrolla what other car can u recommend for the business.
In PH, matrix is allowed. Civic, Pontiac vibe, avensis.

No matter what you do, do not go above. 2.0 liter engine and stick to cars whose parts are readily available in PH and mechanics know their way around the engine bay.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by 9icetoo(m): 7:01am On May 05, 2023
Otas4u:
Good morning guys, I’m thinking of getting my first car, I’m trying to choose between Honda Civic 2013 or Hyundai Elantra 2013. All Nigerian used. Which is more preferable and why?
Thanks.
My budget is 3M
Get the Nigerian used Elantra. Look for one with mileage below 150k kilometers.

They are quite reliable. I'd wager they are as reliable as the civic and won't come with very high mileage like most civics.

Check for abuse sha.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Benbastic: 7:07am On May 05, 2023
Nice one I really appreciate, I think I would go for the pntiac vibe, I just like the car
9icetoo:

In PH, matrix is allowed. Civic, Pontiac vibe, avensis.

No matter what you do, do not go above. 2.0 liter engine and stick to cars whose parts are readily available in PH and mechanics know their way around the engine bay.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by olumzzz(m): 7:28am On May 05, 2023
olaboyeh:
car options

Honda Pilot 03 - 06
Toyota camry big daddy
Toyota Camry muscle (Nigerian)
honda civic
Lexus ES 300 or 330
highlander below 07
Avalon 07 naija used

abeg help with a choice
i won spend pass 2.8m
won't mind naija used but won't want something problematic.. my previous car was civic... gave so much issues.. sold it when i was tired... just trying to hustle up something...
Lowkey i like luxury sha.. but I'd take it off for reliability abeg
This your list is too wide.
You have SUVs and sedans in there.
Is it sedan you want or SUV?
Choose one category so the list can be narrowed
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by olaboyeh(m): 7:35am On May 05, 2023
olumzzz:

This your list is too wide.
You have SUVs and sedans in there.
Is it sedan you want or SUV?
Choose one category so the list can be narrowed

you can help with one SUV and one sedan sha
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by olumzzz(m): 7:42am On May 05, 2023
olaboyeh:

you can help with one SUV and one sedan sha
From your list:
SUV - Highlander
Sedan - Lexus es330
Obviously it will be nigerian used based on your budget so get a very reliable technician to help you inspect your options very very well.
And if possible, go for those that hasn't been registered for more than a year.
Shalom
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Timblogga: 1:29am On May 07, 2023
FineUsername:

Thanks guys. @olumzz, itsrm. I didn’t purchase the car today again, noticed that the vehicle was used here but not registered. The available direct 2017 was above my budget.
did you eventually find one, I’m in same situation.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Timblogga: 1:32am On May 07, 2023
puretayo:
Good morning house. Nurey I greet u specially.

I in a fix right now to choose between a 2011 Rav4 4wd and Honda Accord 2014. Both Nigerian used sha.

Nurey abeg I bliv ur validation.
hi, did you eventually get the accord? I’m in same situation.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Timblogga: 1:40am On May 07, 2023
HeavenlyBang:

I am once again recommending a 2013 Accord.
pls what can you say about the CVT that comes in the 4 cylinder? Does it still make it a good buy?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by FineUsername(m): 9:08pm On May 09, 2023
Timblogga:
did you eventually find one, I’m in same situation.

Yeah, a 2013 EXL, 4 Cylinder. Yet to finalize the deal.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Androidking: 1:29am On May 10, 2023
Hello Guys.

I checked for RX 300 4 x 4 engine on jiji

And am seeing Engine for sienna, highlander and Rx300 together.

Can these 3 cars use the same Engine.

Or is there a way to know the one suitable for Rx300 only.

I don't want to buy mixup Engine thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by jceesquare(m): 5:33am On May 10, 2023
Androidking:
Hello Guys.

I checked for RX 300 4 x 4 engine on jiji

And am seeing Engine for sienna, highlander and Rx300 together.

Can these 3 cars use the same Engine.

Or is there a way to know the one suitable for Rx300 only.

I don't want to buy mixup Engine thanks
Go with a qualified mechanic to get the engine.
Most manufactures use same engine for different models with slight power output.
You vehicle uses a 1MZ engine and it was used in a lot of different Toyota and Lexus models.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by FineUsername(m): 6:45am On May 10, 2023
Timblogga:
pls what can you say about the CVT that comes in the 4 cylinder? Does it still make it a good buy?

Seriously, I don’t think you should worry about Honda’s CVTs, I use a 2014 Civic and no issues so far, now @130k+ km.

Almost all the 2013 & upwards Accord (stand to be corrected) you admire on the road are CVTs equipped. And how many have you seen in mechanical workshops with issues pertaining the transmission?

You should inspect when buying one dazzol.

3 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Marvel4u: 3:10am On May 11, 2023
Is Lexus IS250 2008/2009 a good car what are the cons and pros?
Please I need advice.
Secondly which would be more reasonable IS250 2008/2009 or CRV 2010 or RS350 2009.
Thanks.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by olumzzz(m): 5:36am On May 11, 2023
Marvel4u:
Is Lexus IS250 2008/2009 a good car what are the cons and pros?
Please I need advice.
Secondly which would be more reasonable IS250 2008/2009 or CRV 2010 or RS350 2009.
Thanks.
You cannot compare sedan with SUV.
Compare sedan with sedan, and SUV with SUV.
So you 1st need to decide if na sedan you want or SUV.

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by whogoesthere: 5:50am On May 11, 2023
Hi guys,

Please what are the pros and cons of Toyota Camry 2010 XLE V6 versus Toyota Camry 2010 XLE I4

I'm seeing them for same price but the I4 has a lower mileage though.

Which should I go for?

Thanks in advance
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 6:17am On May 11, 2023
whogoesthere:
Hi guys,

Please what are the pros and cons of Toyota Camry 2010 XLE V6 versus Toyota Camry 2010 XLE I4

I'm seeing them for same price but the I4 has a lower mileage though.

Which should I go for?

Thanks in advance

If good fuel economy is ur priority then go for the i4

If its power and speed you require go for V6
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by valarinz: 8:51am On May 11, 2023
I know this place likely contains all the old members who knows what I'm about to ask about

Where is legalwealth and his plenty monikers,haven't been encountering them for a while now. Or is there an update I missed?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Marvel4u: 8:59am On May 11, 2023
OK
Can I get ur opinion on the SUVs
olumzzz:

You cannot compare sedan with SUV.
Compare sedan with sedan, and SUV with SUV.
So you 1st need to decide if na sedan you want or SUV.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by mexxy1(m): 9:02am On May 11, 2023
valarinz:
I know this place likely contains all the old members who knows what I'm about to ask about

Where is legalwealth and his plenty monikers,haven't been encountering them for a while now. Or is there an update I missed?

He now goes by the moniker onlinediva and the gender is female

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by onlinediva: 9:24am On May 11, 2023
valarinz:

Where is legalwealth and his plenty monikers, haven't been encountering them for a while now. Or is there an update I missed?

He has been busy with AUTOS AND CARTALK LIMITED => www.autosandcartalk.com, which you must have come across its sponsored adverts on Facebook, Instagram, Google, etc. That could have even prompted you to write this.

In addition, it has been a very long time you post Volvo vehicles or things about them. Has the brand shown you shege to the extent of you breaking ties with them?

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by olumzzz(m): 11:01am On May 11, 2023
Marvel4u:
OK
Can I get ur opinion on the SUVs
Alright sir.

Fuel economy - CRV definitely. RX350 is a v6.
Maintenance - Both are not difficult to maintain. However, the CRV costs less to maintain as the lexus body parts are expensive.
Practicality - Both provide enough room but the lexus wins this as it has more legroom and cargo room.
Fun to drive - Both provides AWD options but the lexus wins this easily as it has more power, torque and the AWD moves more like one compared to the 4WD on the CRV.

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Kingdemu: 11:16am On May 11, 2023
onlinediva:

He has been busy with AUTOS AND CARTALK LIMITED => www.autosandcartalk.com, which you must have come across its sponsored adverts on Facebook, Instagram, Google, etc. That could have even prompted you to write this.

In addition, it has been a very long time you post Volvo vehicles or things about them. Has the brand shown you shege to the extent of you breaking ties with them?
Legalo, I thought you were dead.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Marvel4u: 11:19am On May 11, 2023
Thanks
olumzzz:

Alright sir.

Fuel economy - CRV definitely. RX350 is a v6.
Maintenance - Both are not difficult to maintain. However, the CRV costs less to maintain as the lexus body parts are expensive.
Practicality - Both provide enough room but the lexus wins this as it has more legroom and cargo room.
Fun to drive - Both provides AWD options but the lexus wins this easily as it has more power, torque and the AWD moves more like one compared to the 4WD on the CRV.

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by whogoesthere: 1:23pm On May 11, 2023
nurey:

If good fuel economy is ur priority then go for the i4

If its power and speed you require go for V6
Many thanks boss
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Deigofortune: 5:19pm On May 11, 2023
Hi
Good evening House...
Pls I Ur suggestion here... I'm planning buying a new Car but I have this 2 to pick from...and need U guys advice

Honda Civic 2014
Acura Txs 2012
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 5:37pm On May 11, 2023
Deigofortune:
Hi
Good evening House...
Pls I Ur suggestion here... I'm planning buying a new Car but I have this 2 to pick from...and need U guys advice

Honda Civic 2014
Acura Txs 2012

TSX for sure.

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by valarinz: 11:31pm On May 11, 2023
mexxy1:

He now goes by the moniker onlinediva and the gender is female

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by valarinz: 11:35pm On May 11, 2023
onlinediva:

Say no more bro, how have you been our darling prince grin

I must say I never expected this your current costume oo, yes we know of the plenty other monikers, just didn't see this one coming 🤭

I don miss you sha, make I no lie. No more free entertainment every once in awhile, do something about that pls.

Calculus still dey NL, abi you don forgive am for the cement gear? Pls let's light it up bruh ✌🏾

4 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by 9icetoo(m): 7:16am On May 12, 2023
onlinediva:

Legalo, this vawulence you want to start, you for withstand the heat?

cheesy

3 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by onlinediva: 7:24am On May 12, 2023
valarinz:

Say no more bro, how have you been our darling prince grin

I must say I never expected this your current costume oo, yes we know of the plenty other monikers, just didn't see this one coming 🤭

I don miss you sha, make I no lie. No more free entertainment every once in awhile, do something about that pls.

Calculus still dey NL, abi you don forgive am for the cement gear? Pls let's light it up bruh ✌🏾

Guy man, why you come dey dodge and shenk volvo like that? Lmao!!!
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by olenyi: 8:05am On May 12, 2023
onlinediva:

Guy man, why you come dey dodge and shenk volvo like that? Lmao!!!

Seems you are the one not up to date. Pity. tongue tongue

https://www.nairaland.com/valarinzautos

Regards.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) ... (259) (Reply)

How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.