Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,627 members, 7,823,760 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread (447878 Views)

A Look At 2019 Armoured Mercedes-Maybach S560,Official Car Of President Buhari / So Buhari's Official Car Na Boi Boi Sef... / Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (260) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 6:57am On Sep 04, 2018
olumide4christ:

Please sirs and mas, back to the purpose of this thread, my question above is yet to be answered...

both vehicles are solid

civic is a compact sedan
Accord is a midsize sedan

The 2013 Accord is a mean looking car that says honda still got what it takes to be a people mover with its redesign and additional standard features. available in 3.5L V6 and 2.4L I4 with robust space and legroom

The civic is a good car and only beats the accord in fuel economy.

with all said and done picking your choice is a breeze if you do city driving with a small and young family for school and outing pickup and drop, civic it is
If you are a big shot with older children and don't mind been in owners corner once in a while Accord it is

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Aquariann: 1:39am On Sep 05, 2018
Can someone help with an Acura TL 10/11 vs a Venza of same year comparison?

-Reliability And Durability
-The more powerful engine
-Transmission issues if any
-Average cost of basic maintenance repairs and OEM
- Not an everyday car (Sundays and official/business meetings) but will embark on a Lagos <-> Cross River trip at least four times a year
-What will be your personal choice and why?

Thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Durchmann(m): 2:35am On Sep 05, 2018
I'd also like your opinions on the Ford Fusion 2007 vs Toyota Camry 2007.
Please focus your inputs towards their 4 cylinder engines (2.3/2.4l).
-As a daily driver and frequent interstate travels.
-Cost of parts as well as maintenance.
-Comfort and Luxury they both can afford to offer.
-Suspensions, tyre wear and Electricals.
-And also reliability and performance of their transmission systems.

Thanks in advance...
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by olumide4christ: 5:22am On Sep 05, 2018
nurey:

both vehicles are solid

civic is a compact sedan
Accord is a midsize sedan

The 2013 Accord is a mean looking car that says honda still got what it takes to be a people mover with its redesign and additional standard features. available in 3.5L V6 and 2.4L I4 with robust space and legroom

The civic is a good car and only beats the accord in fuel economy.

with all said and done picking your choice is a breeze if you do city driving with a small and young family for school and outing pickup and drop, civic it is
If you are a big shot with older children and don't mind been in owners corner once in a while Accord it is

Thanks so much Mr. @nurey for your explicit comments...now I know better. God bless you!

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 7:28am On Sep 05, 2018
Aquariann:
Can someone help with an Acura TL 10/11 vs a Venza of same year comparison?

-Reliability And Durability
-The more powerful engine
-Transmission issues if any
-Average cost of basic maintenance repairs and OEM
- Not an everyday car (Sundays and official/business meetings) but will embark on a Lagos <-> Cross River trip at least four times a year
-What will be your personal choice and why?

Thanks

Acura 3.5L V6 280hp
Acura 3.7L SHAWD 305hp
0-60 in 5.5secs
11.6L/100km city driving

Venza 2.7L I4 182hp
Venza 3.5L V6 2xxhp
0-60 in 7.2secs
10.0L/100km

the Acura is more luxurious

both vehicles are reliable but the venza has an edge

the 4cylinder venza is the most fuel efficient of the lot but the Acura is fastest as it's a sedan with better balance and better curb weight than the venza

for your travelling the Acura would be safer less common and not a robbers magnet compared to the venza. though the venza ground clearance would be useful on our potopoto highway.

verdict if you intend to hurl goods and family on a travelling expedition stopping along the way to take a nap, buy more stuffs for travelling the venza 4cylinder would do it with its leg room, cargo space and build stance you can carry more things around, it's V6 for addition safe speeding and acceleration.

The Acura TL is not bad either, has premium entertainment for passengers, comfortable sitting and ample space. The 3.5 and 3.7L engines would always make sure you get power on demand and not the last to arrive at your destination.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Aquariann: 9:40am On Sep 05, 2018
nurey:

Acura 3.5L V6 280hp
Acura 3.7L SHAWD 305hp
0-60 in 5.5secs
11.6L/100km city driving

Venza 2.7L I4 182hp
Venza 3.5L V6 2xxhp
0-60 in 7.2secs
10.0L/100km

the Acura is more luxurious

both vehicles are reliable but the venza has an edge

the 4cylinder venza is the most fuel efficient of the lot but the Acura is fastest as it's a sedan with better balance and better curb weight than the venza

for your travelling the Acura would be safer less common and not a robbers magnet compared to the venza. though the venza ground clearance would be useful on our potopoto highway.

verdict if you intend to hurl goods and family on a travelling expedition stopping along the way to take a nap, buy more stuffs for travelling the venza 4cylinder would do it with its leg room, cargo space and build stance you can carry more things around, it's V6 for addition safe speeding and acceleration.

The Acura TL is not bad either, has premium entertainment for passengers, comfortable sitting and ample space. The 3.5 and 3.7L engines would always make sure you get power on demand and not the last to arrive at your destination.

Thanks Nurey..

We really like the build and design of both cars and if money weren't an issue, we'll get both. Perhaps someday.

@Robber magnet for the Venza. That has always been an issue. Not just robbers, but the police too especially outside Lagos and heading Eastward.

The TL isn't all that common so we felt maybe there was some kinda reliability issue or something about it.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Aaaaarghmed(m): 10:07am On Sep 05, 2018
Pls which should I go for as a first time car user...Honda baby boy or Honda addidas.thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 11:26am On Sep 05, 2018
Aquariann:

Thanks Nurey..

We really like the build and design of both cars and if money weren't an issue, we'll get both. Perhaps someday.

@Robber magnet for the Venza. That has always been an issue. Not just robbers, but the police too especially outside Lagos and heading Eastward.

The TL isn't all that common so we felt maybe there was some kinda reliability issue or something about it.

Its majorly price also luxurious japanese vehicles arent common same for infiniti (nissan) and some lexus variant (IS, GS, HR etc)
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 11:38am On Sep 05, 2018
Durchmann:
-As a daily driver and frequent interstate travels.
The camry wont be bad for this, the duratec engine in the ford too isnt bad, but camry parts are bound than the ford, for a 11 years old car, expect parts to fail or not work as expected so frequent change. you will be safe in the camry in an unexpected turn of event than the ford.

Durchmann:
Pl-As a daily driver and frequent interstate travels.
-Cost of pease focus your inputs towards their 4 cylinder engines (2.3/2.4l).
-Cost of parts as well as maintenance.

i would pick the ford here, their parts are extremely durable and it shares parts with some other vehicles also parts bought would be original whether tokunbo or new. The camry on the other hand has expensive parts and knockoffs are bound in the open market.

Durchmann:
arts as well as maintenance.
-Comfort and Luxury they both can afford to offer.
Both vehicles to me are both bland but the camry has an edge in safety and technology, ford ABS and stability control is optional. The XLE camry trumps the SEL ford

Durchmann:
-Suspensions, tyre wear and Electricals.

Toyota suspension are poo, tyre wear minimal, electricals minimal both vehicles are basic

Durchmann:
-And also reliability and performance of their transmission systems.

Camry wins here, also has more hp, better mpg, high reliability but the 2007 camry was plagued with transmission issues and sensitive transmission so be careful and wary

For me, i would pick the camry to play safe and the ford just to try something new for a change
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 11:42am On Sep 05, 2018
Aaaaarghmed:
Pls which should I go for as a first time car user...Honda baby boy or Honda addidas.thanks

Honda baby boy is more common while the addidas is the european variant of same year though the baby boy is a tad bigger. i have never seen the adidas experience the K-leg issue though.

i think you will be safe with any of the 2, just pick one your heart cherish most
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Aquariann: 12:02pm On Sep 05, 2018
nurey:

Its majorly price also luxurious japanese vehicles arent common same for infiniti (nissan) and some lexus variant (IS, GS, HR etc)

Alright then. Thank you
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Durchmann(m): 12:45pm On Sep 05, 2018
nurey:

The camry wont be bad for this, the duratec engine in the ford too isnt bad, but camry parts are bound than the ford, for a 11 years old car, expect parts to fail or not work as expected so frequent change. you will be safe in the camry in an unexpected turn of event than the ford.

i would pick the ford here, their parts are extremely durable and it shares parts with some other vehicles also parts bought would be original whether tokunbo or new. The camry on the other hand has expensive parts and knockoffs are bound in the open market.

Both vehicles to me are both bland but the camry has an edge in safety and technology, ford ABS and stability control is optional. The XLE camry trumps the SEL ford

Toyota suspension are poo, tyre wear minimal, electricals minimal both vehicles are basic

Camry wins here, also has more hp, better mpg, high reliability but the 2007 camry was plagued with transmission issues and sensitive transmission so be careful and wary

For me, i would pick the camry to play safe and the ford just to try something new for a change

Nice analysis.
Going by this, I think I can do with the Fusion.

Thank you for your unbiased analysis.

3 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 1:46pm On Sep 05, 2018
Nurey is the man of the year.

5 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by obekediamondfuto(m): 3:10pm On Sep 05, 2018
HeavenlyBang:
Nurey is the man of the year.

do u know how long I have been begging him to open this thread?

at least someone who wants to know about a civic or corolla can just come here and view easily

8 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 3:43pm On Sep 05, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

do u know how long I have been begging him to open this thread?

at least someone who wants to know about a civic or corolla can just come here and view easily

He's doing a really good job, yeah!

5 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by obekediamondfuto(m): 4:23pm On Sep 05, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

He's doing a really good job, yeah!
he is very very good.... asif that's his main job.....
knowing cars..... his summary is world class as well....

4 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by princevih(m): 7:17pm On Sep 05, 2018
pls i need u 2 compare 07 accord nd 09 rav4, which 1 is beta in performance, fuel economy nd a bit light on maintenance cost, i luv both of dem jst confused on which 2 go 4, both are so cute.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Aaaaarghmed(m): 7:18pm On Sep 05, 2018
Tnks
nurey:

Honda baby boy is more common while the addidas is the european variant of same year though the baby boy is a tad bigger. i have never seen the adidas experience the K-leg issue though.

i think you will be safe with any of the 2, just pick one your heart cherish most
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 7:44pm On Sep 05, 2018
princevih:
pls i need u 2 compare 07 accord nd 09 rav4, which 1 is beta in performance, fuel economy nd a bit light on maintenance cost, i luv both of dem jst confused on which 2 go 4, both are so cute.

if I had to answer this, I would be biased considering I have a first hand 6years plus experience with the Honda Accord 2006 DC and though I have been driven in a 4cylinder 2009 rav4 and I love the offroad movement.

Both vehicles are top class and respected in their respective category.

in performance both are OK for their basic design use, you can't compare a sedan to CUV in performance, the sedan would always achieve more due to design but the rav4 ground clearance and cute shape makes it ideal for rough terrain and it's V6 packs a punch to envy.

fuel economy the accord wins in both 4cylinder and V6 also wins in the 2door coupe category grin

maintenance cost is subjective as both don't have known factory issues but a warning toyota suspension aren't as strong as their engine. Even the rav 4 I was driven in had suspension issues after change due to knock off parts of toyota available in the market. The accord on the other hand has been going strong on stock suspension.

verdict I will pick the accord if my family is not greater than 4, the extra sitting space can be used for school bags no need of opening boot. the 4cylinder gives around 10L/100km in city driving not a robbers magnet but mindful of front suspension breakdown (K-leg)

The rav4 would be my choice whether the 4cylinder 11L/100km city isn't too bad, ground clearance when the tough gets going, good interior space and access to the boot on the go, good for taking snacks from back packs and children playing hide and seek when bored grin Also seats 5 comfortably and the 3rd row version is a plus for additional seating

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by princevih(m): 9:13pm On Sep 05, 2018
thank u so much general nurey, am still single bt planning 2 gt married soon so d accord will b my best bet, cus d fuel economy wil help save sm more cash 4 oda expenses. Thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by FrancisAdl(m): 1:55am On Sep 07, 2018
Make una help me with this one abeg:
BMW X6 2010
Acura ZDX 2010

I don watch YouTube videos and online reviews tire. I need comparison fom a Nigerian user's perspective
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 6:09am On Sep 07, 2018
FrancisAdl:
Make una help me with this one abeg:
BMW X6 2010
Acura ZDX 2010

I don watch YouTube videos and online reviews tire. I need comparison fom a Nigerian user's perspective

Both vehicles re actually good for someone who can't make up his mind whether he needs an SUV or a sedan, apart from outward look both vehicles differ from each other and offerings from their respective maker.

both vehicles have good ground clearance but not your average offroad vehicle even with AWD present, don't go rock climbing and hillbilling around grin

performance the BMW has it as it's the ultimate driving machine, has more torque and the V8 will outrun the ZDX in any competition configuration.

luxury and comfort is top notch in both but the Acura tech package offers more, if you don't want to live in the car or run a 5 star hotel in there, any will do remember more tech more headache in fixing when parts fail

As for reliabilty the ZDX trumps

the BMW is a 4seater with good cargo space, the ZDX is a 5 seater (Yimu) rear seating isn't comfortable for adults, cargo space and roof too close so a few load blocks the rear view don't let me get started with the canoe shape of the roof grin in all for interior seating and style the X6 is preferred.

MPG those cars are worth millions, a poor mans dream and a rich man's reality the ZDX wins but who pays millions for a car and focuses on MPG.

In all both vehicles are OK the BMW for class, swags and that intimidating road feel

The ZDX for rear master piece on wheels, top notch reliabilty and stare of respect from other road users
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:53am On Sep 07, 2018
The ZDX, in particular, will absolutely not tolerate any maintenance compromises. Some pretty sophisticated electronics in that car.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by oladee13(m): 8:26pm On Sep 08, 2018
Good day op. Nice thread you have here, i have really learnt a lot going through. I am considering getting my first car however i am a fan of suv and after my own investigation, i 3 suv's have made it to the last draw Honda Crv, Honda Pilot and Nissan Xtera (all 2004 model). I hoping your in-depth insight on cars can help me make a decision out of this three. I want to know which is best in terms of fuel economy, reliability and low maintenance cost.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 10:22pm On Sep 08, 2018
oladee13:
Good day op. Nice thread you have here, i have really learnt a lot going through. I am considering getting my first car however i am a fan of suv and after my own investigation, i 3 suv's have made it to the last draw Honda Crv, Honda Pilot and Nissan Xtera (all 2004 model). I hoping your in-depth insight on cars can help me make a decision out of this three. I want to know which is best in terms of fuel economy, reliability and low maintenance cost.

pilot and xterra are SUV while the CRV is a CUV.

all vehicles are reliable, the CRV wins in fuel economy and low cost of maintenance as it shares engine and parts with a few offerings from Honda and acura.

I would pick the CRV for its practicality and mpg rating also drives like a car with good ground clearance.

the pilot comes in next with its 3.5L V6 for power and 3rd row seat foe additional seating room.

next is the xterra the best among the contenders in off road capability. has a 4 cylinder, V6 and V6turbo. reliable too but only wins in the off road capability.

the winner here is the CRV with its practicality combined with good fuel economy it would get the job done

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Kewtt: 10:31pm On Sep 08, 2018
nurey:

pilot and xterra are SUV while the CRV is a CUV.

all vehicles are reliable, the CRV wins in fuel economy and low cost of maintenance as it shares engine and parts with a few offerings from Honda and acura.

I would pick the CRV for its practicality and mpg rating also drives like a car with good ground clearance.

the pilot comes in next with its 3.5L V6 for power and 3rd row seat foe additional seating room.

next is the xterra the best among the contenders in off road capability. has a 4 cylinder, V6 and V6turbo. reliable too but only wins in the off road capability.

the winner here is the CRV with its practicality combined with good fuel economy it would get the job done
Bros this table you're shaking has diportivo on it o..

3 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by godwinkessi: 11:01pm On Sep 08, 2018
Pls gurus between Toyota Venza 2010 vs Lexus ES 350 which one is better, durablity, security features and well loaded with infortainment system
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 12:32am On Sep 09, 2018
godwinkessi:
Pls gurus between Toyota Venza 2010 vs Lexus ES 350 which one is better, durablity, security features and well loaded with infortainment system

better no winner they are both cars of same year

durability Venza less tech in the finish and engine is less complicated

security features Lexus has good security features even in Base also the Venza is a magnet for the men of the under world.

loaded Lexus ES 350 is loaded to the tooth
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by godwinkessi: 4:39am On Sep 09, 2018
nurey:

better no winner they are both cars of same year

durability Venza less tech in the finish and engine is less complicated

security features Lexus has good security features even in Base also the Venza is a magnet for the men of the under world.

loaded Lexus ES 350 is loaded to the tooth

Pls how do I recognize the premium version of the Lexus ES 350 apart from the glass roof feature? Are u saying the base model ha e parking sensors and the adaptive cruise control? And pls someone told me that Mark Levinson premium Sound is the real way to recognize a limited edition of Lexus ES 350! Pls I also will like to know if normal Lexus audio system comes with a woofer or is it just the Mark Levinson Sound that comes with that feature just like in Toyota where only the trims that are fitted with JBL Audio that comes with that feature
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 6:14am On Sep 09, 2018
godwinkessi:

Pls how do I recognize the premium version of the Lexus ES 350 apart from the glass roof feature? Are u saying the base model ha e parking sensors and the adaptive cruise control? And pls someone told me that Mark Levinson premium Sound is the real way to recognize a limited edition of Lexus ES 350! Pls I also will like to know if normal Lexus audio system comes with a woofer or is it just the Mark Levinson Sound that comes with that feature just like in Toyota where only the trims that are fitted with JBL Audio that comes with that feature

BASE

The ES 350 interior featured walnut wood accents, leather seats, dual zone climate control with air filter, an MP3 player auxiliary input, power tilt and telescoping steering wheel, and eight standard airbags. A keyless entry and ignition system, Lexus
SmartAccess , which does not require the electronic remote to be taken out of the driver's pocket, was standard.

PREMIUM

Available new features included a 300-watt, 14-speaker Mark Levinson premium audio system, power seat cushion extender, radar-based
adaptive cruise control , rain-sensing windshield wipers, power rear sunshade, DVD navigation system, and Lexus Park Assist, a sonar-based warning system with backup camera .

ULTRA LUXURY

For the first time, the ES offered an "Ultra Luxury Package," which featured many of the aforementioned options along with a three-panel panoramic glass
moonroof

ultra luxury is different from premium just by having the panoramic view.

at least with all these you can identify a Base from premium.

the base too have woofers they just have a 6CD changer and less speakers.

The 2010 was redesigned though I did advice you go for one with factory fitted Nav system and rear camera them seem to be standard for identifying the top of the range loaded ES also has wood trim in steering

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by godwinkessi: 6:59am On Sep 09, 2018
nurey:

BASE

The ES 350 interior featured walnut wood accents, leather seats, dual zone climate control with air filter, an MP3 player auxiliary input, power tilt and telescoping steering wheel, and eight standard airbags. A keyless entry and ignition system, Lexus
SmartAccess , which does not require the electronic remote to be taken out of the driver's pocket, was standard.

PREMIUM

Available new features included a 300-watt, 14-speaker Mark Levinson premium audio system, power seat cushion extender, radar-based
adaptive cruise control , rain-sensing windshield wipers, power rear sunshade, DVD navigation system, and Lexus Park Assist, a sonar-based warning system with backup camera .

ULTRA LUXURY

For the first time, the ES offered an "Ultra Luxury Package," which featured many of the aforementioned options along with a three-panel panoramic glass
moonroof

ultra luxury is different from premium just by having the panoramic view.

at least with all these you can identify a Base from premium.

the base too have woofers they just have a 6CD changer and less speakers.

The 2010 was redesigned though I did advice you go for one with factory fitted Nav system and rear camera them seem to be standard for identifying the top of the range loaded ES also has wood trim in steering

So you're saying that any Es 350 2007 that comes with navigation is fitted with woofers and can offer premium sounds
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 7:58am On Sep 09, 2018
godwinkessi:

So you're saying that any Es 350 2007 that comes with navigation is fitted with woofers and can offer premium sounds

yes the Nav and JBL are a combo installation with 14-speaker at least counting speakers too can help you identify your target

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (260) (Reply)

How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.