Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,366 members, 7,815,783 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread - Car Talk (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread (445903 Views)

A Look At 2019 Armoured Mercedes-Maybach S560,Official Car Of President Buhari / So Buhari's Official Car Na Boi Boi Sef... / Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Nobody: 9:24pm On Mar 15, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

RLX is a full-size sedan, why would you want that? Get the Q50 with a 3.7L, thank me later.

I looked at Audi too a while ago, wouldn't recommend. I think A4s from 2012 onwards are solid, though. Apparently, most of the earlier B8 issues were fixed around then.

I'm an Infiniti man. wink
Join the gang.

Audi reliability seems to have improved a lot with their recent models, why won't you recommend?

The plan is to see if I can afford to shell out money for one with clean title and with less than 50k miles. Shouldn't have any major issues till I sell off around 100k miles. And it's not going to be a daily ride. Na for the special ocassion grin

The Q50 is still a serious contender and a back up plan.

Congrats on the infiniti, I don't take beer, malt is okay grin
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:34pm On Mar 15, 2019
rationalmind:

Audi reliability seem to have improved a lot with their recent models, why won't you recommend?

The plan is to see if I can afford to shell out money for one with clean title and with less than 50k miles. Shouldn't have any major issues till I sell off around 100k miles. And it's not going to be a daily ride. Na for the special ocassion grin

The Q50 is still a serious contender and a back up plan.

Congrats on the infiniti, I don't take beer, malt is okay grin
Yeah, newer models are very reliable. Hence, 2012+. But again, those reliability charts aren't for the Nigerian market. Those cars have more technology in them than even Mercs and you'd be sheat out of luck if something complicated brok down. Your 50k mileage plan is solid, though.

A GS350 is also worth looking at, imo. Personally, it's the only other luxury sedan I'd consider apart from the Q50.

There's not quite any reason for felicitations yet. Still playing the waiting game. Malt is always served, though, regardless of the occasion. wink
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Chelseafan1: 9:48pm On Mar 15, 2019
HeavenlyBang:
We don't want you, face your Benz. angry

Lol, I love that particular Lexus, ES 350.....I alaays stare whenever I see it drive past.....e fine pass dt ur own jor. Upgrade to the 2010 model na, make u dey gist us about am.

I dey fear when ds car go start hin wahala. If I drive small, I go off AC, make Compressor for rest small, I no get 150k to replace compressor. grin grin grin

The Supercharger, I can't even remember the last time I engaged it. I no dey run pass 100km/hr even if na Abuja I dey go.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Chelseafan1: 10:09pm On Mar 15, 2019
rationalmind:

He'll probably change his mind before then anyway grin

Lately, I've been thinking of my next ride and my indecision is something else.

I started from the Acura RLX to the Infinit G37/Q50 and now Audi A6.

You know I won't be surprised if your next ride isn't the Porsche, Lexus nor the infiniti grin

I actually loveeeee that Lexus, ES 350 and the 2010 C300, but I guess I'll go for the Lexus probably in 3 or 4 years time.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:25pm On Mar 15, 2019
Chelseafan1:

Lol, I love that particular Lexus, ES 350.....I alaays stare whenever I see it drive past.....e fine pass dt ur own jor. Upgrade to the 2010 model na, make u dey gist us about am.

I dey fear when ds car go start hin wahala. If I drive small, I go off AC, make Compressor for rest small, I no get 150k to replace compressor. grin grin grin

The Supercharger, I can't even remember the last time I engaged it. I no dey run pass 100km/hr even if na Abuja I dey go.

Lol, all these Benz people sha. grin
Y'all know nothing beats the quality of a Lexus.

I no get money for that 2010 own for now. Buy for me na. embarassed

Your supercharger is always active, just spooling slowly when not at speed.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Chelseafan1: 10:48pm On Mar 15, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

The supercharger better not spool anything kankan. sad sad

Sell ur es330, add money join am

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Nobody: 10:50pm On Mar 15, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Yeah, newer models are very reliable. Hence, 2012+. But again, those reliability charts aren't for the Nigerian market. Those cars have more technology in them than even Mercs and you'd be sheat out of luck if something complicated brok down. Your 50k mileage plan is solid, though.

A GS350 is also worth looking at, imo. Personally, it's the only other luxury sedan I'd consider apart from the Q50.

There's not quite any reason for felicitations yet. Still playing the waiting game. Malt is always served, though, regardless of the occasion. wink

Only if I can throw the powertrain of the GS in the body of the ES. I don't find the exterior of the GS appealing at all.

Edited

I just took another look at the 2012+ GS350 and they aren't bad looking. I still think the ES350 looks better though.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Nobody: 10:53pm On Mar 15, 2019
Chelseafan1:

@bolded grin grin grin grin grin grin

Those ES350s are head turners especially the 2013+ models. Aunty radu will say a vehicle's "beauty" is subjective but I think the those ES from 2007 are objectively "beautiful" grin

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Chelseafan1: 11:17pm On Mar 15, 2019
rationalmind:

Those ES350s are head turners especially the 2013+ models. Aunty radu will say a vehicle's "beauty" is subjective but I think the those ES from 2007 are objectively "beautiful" grin

I swear down, I love the IS 250 too but I heard the engines are very costly...

ES 350 sha dey my head. 2010 upwards.

Make I go dey search Nairaland sef for some pictures, make I get joy.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by radautoworks: 1:46am On Mar 16, 2019
rationalmind:

Na who dey call me?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Greenarrow01(m): 2:39am On Mar 16, 2019
Why are you guys not talking about BMWs koyemi
They have cars with lovely interiors more than all these ones na
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Nobody: 7:00am On Mar 16, 2019
radautoworks:

Na who dey call me?

Sorry, little mix up there. Actually thought this came from you.

HeavenlyBang:

Beauty is subjective. The fact that I went on say that they're great cars should tell you I had no bad intentions. But keep looking for pity, you'll find none here. That persecution complex will get you nowhere.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:04am On Mar 16, 2019
Greenarrow01:
Why are you guys not talking about BMWs koyemi
They have cars with lovely interiors more than all these ones na
Because none of us are suicidal.

rationalmind:

Sorry, little mix up there. Actually thought this came from you.

Heh, what a beautiful quote. I impress myself sometimes with my outrageous brilliance. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Greenarrow01(m): 7:46am On Mar 16, 2019
[quote author=HeavenlyBang post=76698213]
Because none of us are suicidal.

Pls bro I dont understand
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:52am On Mar 16, 2019
Greenarrow01:

It's a BMW that killed my uncle. angry
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by 9icetoo(m): 8:09am On Mar 16, 2019
Chelseafan1:
Hello my people, yesterday, I realized that, Naija fuel doesn't stop our cars from achieving the required MPG o.

On the highway yesterday, I got 28.4 MPG, 8.4l per 100km.....i was wowed.

If the journey had continued b4 I got into town, I probably would have gotten more.
Your car does not require premium fuel. If it does, you won't get the stated mpg.
I consistently got above the stated mpg on my Camry (sold), my Skoda (diesel) and my Honda city. These did not require premium fuels.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Greenarrow01(m): 8:20am On Mar 16, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

I am so sorry about that sir. I am really sorry
I dont drive above 100kmper hour
Max is 120
Do you think its really because of fast driving or something else
Abajoo BMWs dont have much cars on Nigeria roads
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by banky3w(m): 8:41am On Mar 16, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Forget that thing..... One thing will surely kill a man, he could have died in a lexus too...... RIP to the dead anyways. I don't love the BMW's interior that my money can comfortably buy for now. And the likes of Chelseafan1 won't let me but a benz with loud mouth. Na lexus/honda/Toyota all the way for now tongue
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:24am On Mar 16, 2019
Greenarrow01:

I am so sorry about that sir. I am really sorry
I dont drive above 100kmper hour
Max is 120
Do you think its really because of fast driving or something else
Abajoo BMWs dont have much cars on Nigeria roads

It wasn't overspeeding, bro. It was the shock from the invoice he got after his water pump and VANOS failed.

banky3w:

Forget that thing..... One thing will surely kill a man, he could have died in a lexus too...... RIP to the dead anyways. I don't love the BMW's interior that my money can comfortably buy for now. And the likes of Chelseafan1 won't let me but a benz with loud mouth. Na lexus/honda/Toyota all the way for now tongue
To even buy Benz tire me. grin
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Greenarrow01(m): 9:49am On Mar 16, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

It wasn't overspeeding, bro. It was the shock from the invoice he got after his water pump and VANOS failed.

To even buy Benz tire me. grin

Benz too expensive na the koko be that.. A good Benz starts at like 3.5m or 4m
Where people with 2m and 2.5m wan put head

I swear.. I even confuse for all these cars.
Shey I no go continue with my leggediz Benz bayii
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Nobody: 12:27pm On Mar 16, 2019
Greenarrow01:

Benz too expensive na the koko be that.. A good Benz starts at like 3.5m or 4m
Where people with 2m and 2.5m wan put head

I swear.. I even confuse for all these cars.
Shey I no go continue with my leggediz Benz bayii

The thing with most Benz or nothing gang is that they think every Mercedes Benz handles better than every Japanese cars which is not true. For example, 2019 Acura TLX SH AWD handles better and has better driving Dynamics than a 2019 Mercedes Benz c300. In fact the Acura is more fun to drive even though the Benz feels better to be in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlO_6Cy8EFA

It has been proven many times that Acura SH AWD is better than Mercedes Benz 4matic.

In fact a lot of people think every european car handles better than Japanese cars. Not true. The hyndai Genesis G70 handles and feels better to drive than a Volvo s60

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_H5C0rQfS_Q
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ray48: 5:10pm On Mar 16, 2019
nurey:

there are some vehiclethat. falls within ur budget that u can buy in naija .

2003 upwardsHonda crv, hrv, element starting at 1.4 m u use the balance for reversecam and dash screen.

Toyota Rav 4 keep away from 02 to 04 tokunbo with automatic transmission.

Suzuki vitara or grandvitara

KIA sportage

as for the 650 car worth I don't know what you intend to use the car for or what type of vehicle would be appropriate but taking a mechanic to check out the cars b4. purchase is always a good start .

as for the copart thing I don't think u need to give ur self headache and HBP over 1.6m just jejely look for ur choice in naija

Why did u advise the Op to avoid the Toyota RAV 4 02-04 Auto Trans? Is there a problem with that? Kindly educate us.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Greenarrow01(m): 5:46pm On Mar 16, 2019
ray48:

Why did u advise the Op to avoid the Toyota RAV 4 02-04 Auto Trans? Is there a problem with that? Kindly educate us.

My uncle kept battling with his rav 4. Of those years.. Eventually sold it after much headache

Shebi trans dey connected to the gear abi
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Greenarrow01(m): 5:54pm On Mar 16, 2019
Abeg house.. As we don agree say BMWs upon all their beauties na no go area..
Shey crosstour they advisable.. One for under 3m
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 6:12pm On Mar 16, 2019
Greenarrow01:

Crosstours are just elevated Accords. Good to go, make sure it's been properly maintained, though.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by radautoworks: 7:59pm On Mar 16, 2019
Greenarrow01:

Vision issues like the zdx which is why it was discontinued.. but then Nigerians no dey look back when dem dey drive grin

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Nobody: 8:07pm On Mar 16, 2019
radautoworks:

Vision issues like the zdx which is why it was discontinued.. but then Nigerians no dey look back when dem dey drive grin

grin

Especially these PHC cab drivers. They only look at their right and front to see and pick passengers.

If you're by their left or at the back, just know he's not seeing you.

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:16pm On Mar 16, 2019
radautoworks:

I've never actually driven the Crosstour or ZDX but do they really have visibility issues? After all the BMW X6 and GLE Coupe have similar silhouettes but no one complains about them.

Also, I don't think they were canceled for having poor visibility. They just sold poorly, I believe.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Greenarrow01(m): 8:20pm On Mar 16, 2019
radautoworks:

Jesu
Even crosstour na no go area
Wetin be your sedan suggestion
Max 3m
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by radautoworks: 8:42pm On Mar 16, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

I've never actually driven the Crosstour or ZDX but do they really have visibility issues? After all the BMW X6 and GLE Coupe have similar silhouettes but no one complains about them.

Also, I don't think they were canceled for having poor visibility. They just sold poorly, I believe.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2010-acura-zdx-verdict/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2012/10/acura-zdx-disliked-and-discontinued.html/%3famp

Https://www.thecarconnection.com/news/1049417_acura-zdx-the-difficulty-in-getting-in-and-other-fatal-flaws

Https://www.cars.com/reviews/mother-proofs-view-1420689336349/

https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/acura/zdx/interior
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Nobody: 8:43pm On Mar 16, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Discontinued due to poor sales. Same thing with venza. Venza and crossrour are in between sedans and suvs and these days people prefer suvs especially now that they are more efficient , sporty and yet practical. No market for bloated wagons like crossrour or venza.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by radautoworks: 8:44pm On Mar 16, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (259) (Reply)

How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.