Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,077 members, 7,818,226 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:43 AM

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread - Car Talk (52) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread (446495 Views)

A Look At 2019 Armoured Mercedes-Maybach S560,Official Car Of President Buhari / So Buhari's Official Car Na Boi Boi Sef... / Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by weyreypey: 9:29am On Mar 18, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

No. 2002 Civic had a lot of issues. I'd only recommend the 04/05. Those are solid, I believe.

Go with the 206.
Are you sure about the 206?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by bakbravo(m): 9:36am On Mar 18, 2019
Thank you all for the contributions. So I think I will go with the 206.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by zevous: 8:07am On Mar 19, 2019
Good morning Gurus
Please I need information about 2005/06 Mazda 6 (2.3l)!!! How good is the car? How reliable is it? Any common faults to be vary about and how cheap is the maintenance of the car is on the pocket?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dare01: 9:24am On Mar 19, 2019
Chelseafan1:

Lol, I love that particular Lexus, ES 350.....I alaays stare whenever I see it drive past.....e fine pass dt ur own jor. Upgrade to the 2010 model na, make u dey gist us about am.

I dey fear when ds car go start hin wahala. If I drive small, I go off AC, make Compressor for rest small, I no get 150k to replace compressor. grin grin grin

The Supercharger, I can't even remember the last time I engaged it. I no dey run pass 100km/hr even if na Abuja I dey go.

Which year lexus es 350 u dey use?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Eddee(m): 9:33am On Mar 19, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

I'm a Mercedes fan but the company's brand image is terrible at this point, imo. So stereotypical.

Major reason why I haven't bought a Merc is that there are just a lot of better cars at that price point.
W203? Worse than the Acura TL.
W211? SBC issues.
W204? Acura TL and Infiniti G35/37 are better cars. It's also overpriced.

W212 is the only Merc I'd consider but it's above my budget right now. There's simply not a lot of value for money in buying a Mercedes.

Also, I'm not sure why you're using celebrity opinions as proof of anything. Odds are none of them know anything about cars.

Will upgrade my 211 to this before the year runs out, currently looking @ 09/10
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Chelseafan1: 5:32pm On Mar 19, 2019
dare01:

Which year lexus es 350 u dey use?

I don't drive a Lexus
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ogtavia(m): 10:19pm On Mar 19, 2019
Guys, is the oil consumption issue in the 2009 Toyota Camry really something to worry about? From my research, I can see it occurs more in the 2az - Fe engine than the 2ar - Fe engine. The 2010 4 Cylinders Toyota Camry seems out of reach for now cos of my budget so I am considering the 2009. Can anyone advise? Or shed more light on this issue?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:23pm On Mar 19, 2019
ogtavia:
Guys, is the oil consumption issue in the 2009 Toyota Camry really something to worry about? From my research, I can see it occurs more in the 2az - Fe engine than the 2ar - Fe engine. The 2010 4 Cylinders Toyota Camry seems out of reach for now cos of my budget so I am considering the 2009. Can anyone advise? Or shed more light on this issue?

Save up more and buy the 2010. It's a qualitative improvement. People use the 2az, though, and they're not dead, so there's that.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ogtavia(m): 10:27pm On Mar 19, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Save up more and buy the 2010. It's a qualitative improvement. People use the 2az, though, and they're not dead, so there's that.

It's my first personal car. I am not new to vehicle usage and maintenance. But I don't like the feeling of driving something I know is prone to failure at some point not to talk of having it as my car, I go hard on the gas pedal atimes, I abuse vehicles atimes. I drove German(Benz) for a while, so it taught me some bad habits.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:31pm On Mar 19, 2019
ogtavia:

It's my first personal car. I am not new to vehicle usage and maintenance. But I don't like the feeling of driving something I know is prone to failure at some point not to talk of having it as my car, I go hard on the gas pedal atimes, I abuse vehicles atimes. I drove German(Benz) for a while, so it taught me some bad habits.

Why not get an 08 V6?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ogtavia(m): 10:34pm On Mar 19, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Why not get an 08 V6?

Honestly, if you can advice in terms of maintenance cost/requirements, reliability and how best to purchase it, I will be glad. If it comes with the 2gr-fe engine, then I will be fine.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:40pm On Mar 19, 2019
ogtavia:

Honestly, if you can advice in terms of maintenance cost/requirements, reliability and how best to purchase it, I will be glad. If it comes with the 2gr-fe engine, then I will be fine.

The V6 is the 2GR-FE, yes. Very underrated engine. It's rock solid and Toyota still uses it till date. Do basic maintenance and it'll live forever.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ogtavia(m): 10:51pm On Mar 19, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

The V6 is the 2GR-FE, yes. Very underrated engine. It's rock solid and Toyota still uses it till date. Do basic maintenance and it'll live forever.

ok bro. I will consider this. I have experience, sweet experience with it in the Toyota Avalon. It's a fantastic engine. As long as the 08 Camry V6 isn't prone to issues like transmission issues and oil shortage experienced in its i4 counterpart, I will surely buy it. Thanks.(please explain if there is any link)
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:53pm On Mar 19, 2019
ogtavia:
ok bro. I will consider this. I have experience, sweet experience with it in the Toyota Avalon. It's a fantastic engine. As long as the 08 Camry V6 isn't prone to issues like transmission issues and oil shortage experienced in its i4 counterpart, I will surely buy it. Thanks.(please explain if there is any link)

Cc: Nurey
Anything to add, especially on that transmission?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ogtavia(m): 10:55pm On Mar 19, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Cc: Nurey
Anything to add, especially on that transmission?

HeavenlyBang ���
Nurey �����
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by banky3w(m): 10:59pm On Mar 19, 2019
ogtavia:
Why not jejely buy the avalon?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ogtavia(m): 11:03pm On Mar 19, 2019
banky3w:

Why not jejely buy the avalon?

Nice advice but na money kill am.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by banky3w(m): 11:24pm On Mar 19, 2019
ogtavia:

Nice advice but na money kill am.
The avalon is cheaper than the Camry. Make enquiries....
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ogtavia(m): 11:33pm On Mar 19, 2019
banky3w:

The avalon is cheaper than the Camry. Make enquiries....

Avalon of which year are you referring to?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by banky3w(m): 11:41pm On Mar 19, 2019
ogtavia:

Avalon of which year are you referring to?
2005—2010 is practically the same thing to me. No difference.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ogtavia(m): 11:53pm On Mar 19, 2019
MotorGuru:

If you are considering the inline 4, the 2010 Camry is your best bet. More powerful and much more reliable engine( 2.5L engine as against the 2.4) 6speed automatic compared to the 5 speed of the i4 of the 2009 and below. Better sound insulation.

For the V6 I would recommend 2009-up. To avoid the notable 3-4 shift flares of the 2007 models and also stick acceleration pedals.

What's wrong with the 2008 V6?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by IMOHS(m): 2:36pm On Mar 20, 2019
Please house can I get a good tokunbo Toyota Camry pencil light with a maximum budget of 1.1m
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 2:44pm On Mar 20, 2019
IMOHS:
Please house can I get a good tokunbo Toyota Camry pencil light with a maximum budget of 1.1m

Probably not.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by IMOHS(m): 4:11pm On Mar 20, 2019
At what price then can I get a good tokunbo
HeavenlyBang:

Probably not.
At what price then can I get a good tokunbo
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by weyreypey: 4:40pm On Mar 20, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Probably not.
Certainly yes

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by weyreypey: 4:42pm On Mar 20, 2019
IMOHS:
Definitely yes!

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 4:46pm On Mar 20, 2019
weyreypey:

Definitely yes!

How much is trucking+shipping+duty?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by weyreypey: 4:47pm On Mar 20, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Forget that long story. Let him go to the car marts.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dare01: 5:52pm On Mar 20, 2019
Chelseafan1:

I don't drive a Lexus

Okay
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Abdomox: 5:58pm On Mar 20, 2019
IMOHS:

You should be able to. But you will have to order it from US by yourself or use agent.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dare01: 5:58pm On Mar 20, 2019
Toyota camry xle i4 2010 vs lexus es 350 2009. Which is better? As per performance, maintainance and fuel consumption, transmission related issues . Just your opinion and recommendation motor gurus in the house.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Abdomox: 6:03pm On Mar 20, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

trucking- $200
shipping $950
Duty- Can't be more than 250k
Purchase power (#1.1m - ($1150*360)- #250k - #20k)= #416,000 ($1,155).

This is possible in my views.

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (259) (Reply)

How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.