Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,958 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:16 PM

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread - Car Talk (57) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread (446174 Views)

A Look At 2019 Armoured Mercedes-Maybach S560,Official Car Of President Buhari / So Buhari's Official Car Na Boi Boi Sef... / Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 12:47pm On Apr 13, 2019
Okaakoko:
2011 sir
good to go it shares part with Hyundai Elantra
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by BLAIDE: 12:55pm On Apr 13, 2019
Pls which would be most enjoyable and reliable amongst 2007 GS430, 2009 RL & 2009 M35?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Okaakoko(m): 1:17pm On Apr 13, 2019
nurey:

good to go it shares part with Hyundai Elantra
Wow. Thank you very much sir
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 2:06pm On Apr 13, 2019
BLAIDE:
Pls which would be most enjoyable and reliable amongst 2007 GS430, 2009 RL & 2009 M35?

Good choices!

I'd personally say the GS430>RL>M35 for reliability.
In terms of actually being a driver's car, it's the M35>RL>GS430.

Bonus points if the RL has SH-AWD.

Either way, you can't go wrong with any of those cars. All great options.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ravensckar(m): 5:42pm On Apr 13, 2019
A very good evening to everyone in the house.

Please I need your advice and expert opinion on this subject that has been bothering me for quite sometime.

By Heaven's grace, I'm saving up to buy my first car. So far so good, I have these cars on mind;

- Honda Accord DC (this car looks fine to me especially the blue colour). And I heard Honda is a reliable product except for that gear thing though.
Or
- MAZDA MPV. Since I can't afford a decent Sienna, this car has always been on my mind as a substitute.

I was thinking of giving my first car to an UBER driver before, but the tales I'm hearing doesn't seem encouraging.

Being a first timer who doesn't understand 'jack' about cars. Please I'll need your advice on which car is better in terms of Durability, reliability, fuel economy, availability of parts and most importantly peace of mind. I no get money wey I go dey donate for mechanic o.

Did I also mention that my budget is around 1.4m? If there's any other car you can suggest based on those criteria above, please, I'll be very grateful.

PS: my greatest fear about cars is to see my car develop a fault in the middle of the road especially at night.

Cc
HeavenlyBang
Nurey
Every well meaning Nairalander who wouldn't want a brother to die young.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by seanfer(m): 5:58pm On Apr 13, 2019
ravensckar:
A very good evening to everyone in the house.

Please I need your advice and expert opinion on this subject that has been bothering me for quite sometime.

By Heaven's grace, I'm saving up to buy my first car. So far so good, I have these cars on mind;

- Honda Accord DC (this car looks fine to me especially the blue colour). And I heard Honda is a reliable product except for that gear thing though.
Or
- MAZDA MPV. Since I can't afford a decent Sienna, this car has always been on my mind as a substitute.

I was thinking of giving my first car to an UBER driver before, but the tales I'm hearing doesn't seem encouraging.

Being a first timer who doesn't understand 'jack' about cars. Please I'll need your advice on which car is better in terms of Durability, reliability, fuel economy, availability of parts and most importantly peace of mind. I no get money wey I go dey donate for mechanic o.

Did I also mention that my budget is around 1.4m? If there's any other car you can suggest based on those criteria above, please, I'll be very grateful.

PS: my greatest fear about cars is to see my car develop a fault in the middle of the road especially at night.

Cc
HeavenlyBang
Nurey
Every well meaning Nairalander who wouldn't want a brother to die young.

If truly you don’t want to die young? I will advise you look for Honda Civic 2004-2006 that has not been abused. Go with a reputable Mechanic to inspect it.. You will come back and give testimony... That car is durable, fuel efficient and doesn’t breakdown anyhow... Honda Accord DC won’t be a favourable advise for someone who doesn’t know anything about Cars.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ravensckar(m): 6:25pm On Apr 13, 2019
seanfer:

If truly you don’t want to die young? I will advise you look for Honda Civic 2004-2006 that has not been abused. Go with a reputable Mechanic to inspect it.. You will come back and give testimony... That car is durable, fuel efficient and doesn’t breakdown anyhow... Honda Accord DC won’t be a favourable advise for someone who doesn’t know anything about Cars.
Aaaarrrggghhhh!

But the car no fine nau?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by seanfer(m): 6:31pm On Apr 13, 2019
ravensckar:
Aaaarrrggghhhh!

But the car no fine nau?

It may not look attractive, But that car will. Serve you. Why not look for a Toyota Camry 04... And have peace of mind
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ravensckar(m): 6:38pm On Apr 13, 2019
seanfer:

It may not look attractive, But that car will. Serve you. Why not look for a Toyota Camry 04... And have peace of mind
Toyota na thief magnet nau. Only Big men that live in a highly secured estate wouldn't have such worries.

Honestly, my problem seem complicated. I want a car that is durable, kinda fine and can also be used for UBER. All on a coded budget of 1.4m

Hope sey something no dey do me?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by seanfer(m): 6:55pm On Apr 13, 2019
ravensckar:
Toyota na thief magnet nau. Only Big men that live in a highly secured estate wouldn't have such worries.

Honestly, my problem seem complicated. I want a car that is durable, kinda fine and can also be used for UBER. All on a coded budget of 1.4m

Go for the 04 Camry and you get a comprehensive Insurance. The Camry can take abuse more tha the 07 Accord.. And also the resale value for Toyota is far higher than the Accord.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 8:00pm On Apr 13, 2019
ravensckar:

if you can find 2005 Honda accord EOD don't buy 03 or 04 while 06 to 07 is above ur budget

Honda city (him leg no dey pull)

Honda Element (him leg no dey pull)

Toyota corolla 2002 below

Nissan Sentra 2005 below

Toyota picnic

Toyota Avensis (05 below) not a robber magnet

peugeot 306 if it's personal use and you don't mind manual.

Honda/Isuzu shuttle/Oasis

Honda/isuzu/Daihatsu passport/rodeo/frontera if you like an SUV 2004 below

Isuzu/Acura Trooper/forgotten also an SUV

Hyundai accent/Verna 2005/2010

just check through auto section find cars within your budget and pick 1 that u fancy then ask if it's a good buy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by idtwo: 4:14pm On Apr 16, 2019
Hello Car experts in the house. Pls kindly compare Hyundai sonata 2008/2009 with Nissan Altima 2007/2008. Which would you advice I go for? Also is the CVT transmission in Nissan really a problem as I have read in some articles? Are Hyundai parts easily available ? Do our local mechanic's now have the knowledge of fixing it? I l do not live in the city.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 6:21pm On Apr 16, 2019
idtwo:
Hello Car experts in the house. Pls kindly compare Hyundai sonata 2008/2009 with Nissan Altima 2007/2008. Which would you advice I go for? Also is the CVT transmission in Nissan really a problem as I have read in some articles? Are Hyundai parts easily available ? Do our local mechanic's now have the knowledge of fixing it? I l do not live in the city.

since you are already afraid of the CVT in Nissan, the Hyundai is a good buy, reliable and parts are bound. The Nissan isn't bad the 2.5L or 3.5L engine are as good too, but I did pick a sonata over the Altima if I don't have a professional abound in my location
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by idtwo: 6:39am On Apr 17, 2019
nurey:

since you are already afraid of the CVT in Nissan, the Hyundai is a good buy, reliable and parts are bound. The Nissan isn't bad the 2.5L or 3.5L engine are as good too, but I did pick a sonata over the Altima if I don't have a professional abound in my location
Well understood. Thank you sir.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by captainuc(m): 2:06pm On Apr 17, 2019
I dey troway salute oga boss!

Abeg, between Golf4 and Ford Focus, which would you advice me to go for considering the durability, reliability, fuel economic and availability of parts.

Note: All Nigeria used.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 2:13pm On Apr 17, 2019
captainuc:
I dey troway salute oga boss!

Abeg, between Golf4 and Ford Focus, which would you advice me to go for considering the durability, reliability, fuel economic and availability of parts.

Note: All Nigeria used.

Honda Civic is the correct answer.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by captainuc(m): 2:51pm On Apr 17, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Honda Civic is the correct answer.
Meaning those two cars mentioned are no go area?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 2:55pm On Apr 17, 2019
captainuc:
Meaning those two cars mentioned are no go area?

Meaning the Civic is what you should be buying instead of either of the two.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by survivex: 3:22pm On Apr 22, 2019
Is there a gas station in Lagos that sells premium gasoline with at least RON -91 for cars that requires this kind of fuel?

Na go de.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 5:01pm On Apr 22, 2019
survivex:
Is there a gas station in Lagos that sells premium gasoline oath at least RON -91 for cars that requires this kind of fuel?

Na go de.

AFAIK, there's no way to get 91 fuel in Nigeria. Buy from NNPC, your car will tune timing to compensate for the low octane fuel (assuming your engine requires it).

Service your fuel system every six months too.

There's also the option of octane boosters.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Greenarrow01(m): 10:41pm On Apr 22, 2019
Hello heavnlybang
If you are to purchase a vehicle from online auction sites
And the total amount you earmarked for the whole project is
A. 1.5 m
B. 2.m
C. 2.5 m

Pls what vehicles will you go for..
Considering that you will be using it for no me re than 3 hours of driving on a traffic free road and
You are first time buyer
Luxury/prestige
But also. No trouble free vehicle. As you Jo one get NY mechanic number for your phone.

Pls two or three choices for each amount.
Thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 11:42pm On Apr 22, 2019
Greenarrow01:
Hello heavnlybang
If you are to purchase a vehicle from online auction sites
And the total amount you earmarked for the whole project is
A. 1.5 m
B. 2.m
C. 2.5 m

Pls what vehicles will you go for..
Considering that you will be using it for no me re than 3 hours of driving on a traffic free road and
You are first time buyer
Luxury/prestige
But also. No trouble free vehicle. As you Jo one get NY mechanic number for your phone.

Pls two or three choices for each amount.
Thanks

Hmmm, sensible options.

1. Honda Civic (06-09)
2. Honda Accord i4 (08/09)/Lexus ES330 (05)
3. Lexus IS250 (06/07)

Personal options.
1. Honda Civic (06-09)
2. Acura TL (07/08)
3. Infiniti G35 cool (07/08)

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Greenarrow01(m): 12:25am On Apr 23, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Hmmm, sensible options.

1. Honda Civic
2. Honda Accord i4/Lexus ES330
3. Lexus IS250

Personal options.
1. Honda Civic
2. Acura TL
3. Infiniti G35 cool

Thank you sir.. But pls what year
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:34am On Apr 23, 2019
Greenarrow01:

Thank you sir.. But pls what year

See above.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Greenarrow01(m): 12:44am On Apr 23, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

See above.
Good bless you sir
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by umennaesie: 9:49am On Apr 23, 2019
Hello Naira land gurus. I'm a bit confused between the 06/07/08 civic models of North American and Asian models.
Again.
Between honda civic 06/07/08/09 and Honda accord 05/06/07 model, which one is better in terms of fuel economy, maintainance cost, durability, tech, luxury, suspension.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by umennaesie: 9:56am On Apr 23, 2019
Hello Naira land gurus. I'm a bit confused between the 06/07/08 civic models of North American and Asian models.
Again.
Between honda civic 06/07/08/09 and Honda accord 05/06/07 model, which one is better in terms of fuel economy, maintainance cost, durability, tech, luxury and suspension.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by seanfer(m): 11:38am On Apr 23, 2019
umennaesie:
Again.
Between honda civic 06/07/08/09 and Honda accord 05/06/07 model, which one is better in terms of fuel economy, maintainance cost, durability, tech, luxury and suspension.

North America
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ch3ckm8: 5:37pm On Apr 23, 2019
Good day everyone. Can I get a good Nigerian Used honda civic 04/05 with a budget range of 450k - 500k.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Rubbiish(m): 6:21pm On Apr 23, 2019
Philadelphia:
Good morning,
A colleague of mine is viewing this thread as a guest and needs advise on what car to buy. He has a max budget of 2.5m and here are his options based on durability, maintenance and servicing, parts availability and AC.
2.5m is for toks.

2009 Lexus ES350 (toks)
2008 Lexus IS300 (toks)
2006 Lexus GS300 (toks)
2006 Mercedes C280 (toks)
2008 Infiniti G35 (toks)

Please give your candid advice as he is reading. He is a young man in his early 30's.
Thanks.
I don't think u will u get Lexus 2009 ES350 toks for 2.5m
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Philadelphia: 7:01pm On Apr 23, 2019
Rubbiish:

I don't think u will u get Lexus 2009 ES350 toks for 2.5m

He got a 2008 though.
How much can one get toks and clean used 2009 ES350?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Rubbiish(m): 7:29pm On Apr 23, 2019
Philadelphia:

He got a 2008 though.
How much can one get toks and clean used 2009 ES350?
2008 ES 350 toks for 2.5m?

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (259) (Reply)

How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.