Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,141 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:02 AM

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread - Car Talk (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread (444232 Views)

A Look At 2019 Armoured Mercedes-Maybach S560,Official Car Of President Buhari / So Buhari's Official Car Na Boi Boi Sef... / Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 5:17am On Apr 01, 2019
Rubbiish:
Please i will like to know if the 08(new shape) & 09 corolla comes with 1.8L engine? Thanks

yes they have 1.6 or 1.8L engine.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Rubbiish(m): 6:44am On Apr 01, 2019
nurey:

yes they have 1.6 or 1.8L engine.
Ok thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Essont(m): 9:50am On Apr 01, 2019
I have been observing the car brand as they make good and appealing cars that are grabbing my attention lately, please i need help on this.

How reliable are they?
Do the make L4 (4 plugs) of there cars? Most of the ones I have seen are V6.
How is there maintenance like?
How luxurious are they?

Please experts in the house help out, i need to make a decision soon.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:38am On Apr 01, 2019
Essont:
I have been observing the car brand as they make good and appealing cars that are grabbing my attention lately, please i need help on this.

How reliable are they?
Do the make L4 (4 plugs) of there cars? Most of the ones I have seen are V6.
How is there maintenance like?
How luxurious are they?

Please experts in the house help out, i need to make a decision soon.

How reliable? They're Hondas. Electronics are a bit more sophisticated but the power and drivetrains are very reliable.

Do they make L4 engines? No such thing as an L4 engine. It's i4, for inline-four. Acura generally uses the J Series V6 engines. However, a few have used four cylinder engines. The first-gen TSX is a Euro Accord with the i4 K24, I believe. The second gen TSX was offered in i4 and V6. The first few years of the RDX used a turbo i4 configuration.

Bigger cars like the TL, RL, and MDX are strictly V6.

How is maintenance like? They're Hondas. Treat them well and they'll return the favor. Mechanical components aren't that expensive, but body parts may be.

How luxurious? Generally a step below Lexus in terms of quality of materials but they have more technology.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by thebigkendo(m): 2:01pm On Apr 01, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

How reliable? They're Hondas. Electronics are a bit more sophisticated but the power and drivetrains are very reliable.

Do they make L4 engines? No such thing as an L4 engine. It's i4, for inline-four. Acura generally uses the J Series V6 engines. However, a few have used four cylinder engines. The first-gen TSX is a Euro Accord with the i4 K24, I believe. The second gen TSX was offered in i4 and V6. The first few years of the RDX used a turbo i4 configuration.

Bigger cars like the TL, RL, and MDX are strictly V6.

How is maintenance like? They're Hondas. Treat them well and they'll return the favor. Mechanical components aren't that expensive, but body parts may be.

How luxurious? Generally a [s]step below Lexus in terms of quality of materials[/s] but they have more technology.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by picaso313(m): 8:01am On Apr 02, 2019
good morning house... pls i need analysis fora friend on Gs 350 2008, Gs2011, and Es350 2008...
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:37am On Apr 02, 2019
picaso313:
good morning house... pls i need analysis fora friend on Gs 350 2008, Gs2011, and Es350 2008...

The ES is the cheapest Lexus sedan, I believe. It's a level below the GS.

ES is FWD, GS is RWD.
GS drives better, is more luxurious, has more power. ES has more rear legroom, is cheaper to maintain, and looks better, imo.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by CityNGR: 8:44am On Apr 02, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

ES is FWD, GS is RWD.
GS drives better, is more luxurious, has more power. ES has more rear legroom, is cheaper to maintain, and looks better, imo.
GS the Mercedes wannabe

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Greenarrow01(m): 10:49am On Apr 02, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

ES is FWD, GS is RWD.

Between the gs300 and the GS 350
Pls which is better
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 11:17am On Apr 02, 2019
Greenarrow01:

Between the gs300 and the GS 350
Pls which is better

i would pick the gs300 only because engine is cheaper and less complicated than the 350 which is fitted with a 2grfse which cost around 1m plus.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 11:48am On Apr 02, 2019
nurey:

i would pick the gs300 only because engine is cheaper and less complicated than the 350 which is fitted with a 2grfse which cost around 1m plus.
Absolutely.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by lekbel09(m): 12:37pm On Apr 02, 2019
Good afternoon gurus, you guys are doing a great job, am new to autos and I will like you guys to coach me on a car that will be suitable for use on uber. Based on fuel economy, maintenance and the likes.

Cc:Gazzuz
Nurey
Heavenly bang
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by zevous: 1:35pm On Apr 02, 2019
lekbel09:
Good afternoon gurus, you guys are doing a great job, am new to autos and I will like you guys to coach me on a car that will be suitable for use on uber. Based on fuel economy, maintenance and the likes.

Cc:Gazzuz
Nurey
Heavenly bang

Honda Civic 03-05 & 06-08
Toyota Corolla 03-05
Honda City
Toyota Camry 03-05
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by lekbel09(m): 1:39pm On Apr 02, 2019
zevous:

Honda Civic 03-05 & 06-08
Toyota Corolla 03-05
Honda City
Toyota Camry 03-05
between the Honda civic 05 and Toyota corolla 04 which is better in terms of fuel economy, durability, maintenance, spare part availability and the likes.Am talking of tokunbo and also price cos I have about 1.7 milli budgeted
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by picaso313(m): 3:31pm On Apr 02, 2019
nurey:

but if well maintained hope the engine can last i mean gs350... wat do u think about the is 250 models
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by zevous: 4:29pm On Apr 02, 2019
lekbel09:
between the Honda civic 05 and Toyota corolla 04 which is better in terms of fuel economy, durability, maintenance, spare part availability and the likes.Am talking of tokunbo and also price cos I have about 1.7 milli budgeted

You can get a tokunbo 06-08 Civic with 1.7m.. And a tokunbo 03-05 Corolla for that same price..

Both brands part are available but with the increasing demand for Toyota.. the Corolla part would be more available.

I don't know which of both part would be cheaper but I would leave that to the experts to confirm.

Maintenance is likely the same. Follow recommendation from the car Manual.. Use recommended oil and OEM parts and the car would serve you.

Note: Corolla is a thief magnet so please please and please if you are getting the Corolla invest in a tracker and comprehensive insurance
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 5:09pm On Apr 02, 2019
picaso313:
but if well maintained hope the engine can last i mean gs350... wat do u think about the is 250 models

offcourse the engine can last.

IS250, compact luxurious vehicle, good to go but not as fast off the line due to low power engine. But a reliable vehicle all the same

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by picaso313(m): 6:38pm On Apr 02, 2019
nurey:

offcourse the engine can last.

IS250, compact luxurious vehicle, good to go but not as fast off the line due to low power engine. But a reliable vehicle all the same
then the gs350 has it... thanks alot..thou we r still brain storming on d diff btw 2008 and 2010 model of d gs 350
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 7:48pm On Apr 02, 2019
picaso313:
then the gs350 has it... thanks alot..thou we r still brain storming on d diff btw 2008 and 2010 model of d gs 350

there was no GS300 for 07 to 2010. i think right about then the gs had a facelift too. so no much difference between 08 to 2010.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by lekbel09(m): 7:49pm On Apr 03, 2019
radautoworks:

So you agree with me.

Looks are subjective so I won't debate you on that. Historically Honda always used to edge or Toyota because of looks. It was certainly the only justification I lost a lot of Toyota sales on back in the day. People just liked the look of Honda better even though they agreed the Toyota was the smarter buy.

As far as driveability, Honda's focus was on speed. Toyota on comfort. For that class of car, I take comfort over speed.

People tune Hondas to improve them. No need with Toyota. For the tuning market, that's why there's Scion.

I posted somewhere this year's rankings and yet again, Toyota is 12 places ahead of Honda. The proof is the resale value. Toyotas retain their value better than Honda. All it takes is a few blue book comparisons.
In fact your thorough analysis just made my day.Please what corolla would you recommend for use on uber based on fuel economy, maintenance and parts availability
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by radautoworks: 3:45am On Apr 04, 2019
lekbel09:
In fact your thorough analysis just made my day.Please what corolla would you recommend for use on uber based on fuel economy, maintenance and parts availability

Now that I can't answer. Probably better to ask on the Uber thread.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 4:57pm On Apr 09, 2019
Thread has been quiet?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by easysunny(m): 7:18pm On Apr 09, 2019
Pls gurus in the house, help me out. I'm considering getting Honda Pilot, Highlander or sienna 04/05/06 model. I'm looking for a car with3 rows seater due to I'm a family of 6.
Key points to consider:
1. Cost of maintenance
2. Fuel economy
3. Availability of spare parts
4. Reliability
Note: I'm a first time car owner with little or no experience.
Pls experts, I need honest advice.
Thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 8:56pm On Apr 09, 2019
easysunny:
Pls gurus in the house, help me out. I'm considering getting Honda Pilot, Highlander or sienna 04/05/06 model. I'm looking for a car with3 rows seater due to I'm a family of 6.
Key points to consider:
1. Cost of maintenance
2. Fuel economy
3. Availability of spare parts
4. Reliability
Note: I'm a first time car owner with little or no experience.
Pls experts, I need honest advice.
Thanks

just go for any in good working condition and one that appeals to you. but the highlander is the most fuel efficient of the lot if it has same engine version as the sienna
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by banky3w(m): 10:02pm On Apr 09, 2019
Please house, is there any other technical difference between 2006 Audi A6, A4, S4 and S6 apart from the different engine configuration?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by johnnyandy7(m): 11:35pm On Apr 09, 2019
@HeavenlyBang; @Nurey; @gazzuz
What are the pros and cons of the 2007 Lexus IS 250/350 cars. How would they fare compared to cars like the 2011 Toyota Camry, 2011 Honda Accord, 2010 Mercedes Benz C300 in terms of Cost of purchase (Used), Reliability, Cost of Maintenance and Parts.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 11:56pm On Apr 09, 2019
johnnyandy7:
@HeavenlyBang; @Nurey; @gazzuz
What are the pros and cons of the 2007 Lexus IS 250/350 cars. How would they fare compared to cars like the 2011 Toyota Camry, 2011 Honda Accord, 2010 Mercedes Benz C300 in terms of Cost of purchase (Used), Reliability, Cost of Maintenance and Parts.

Lexus is by far the most reliable brand in the world. An IS350 and C300/C350 of the same year costs about the same.
Parts of the Merc should be more available, and also more expensive.

Buy the Lexus. The IS350 is a really fast car, but the engine costs about 1.5m. The IS250 is slower but its engine is a lot cheaper. I'd buy the IS250.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by johnnyandy7(m): 12:09am On Apr 10, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Lexus is by far the most reliable brand in the world. An IS350 and C300/C350 of the same year costs about the same.
Parts of the Merc should be more available, and also more expensive.

Buy the Lexus. The IS350 is a really fast car, but the engine costs about 1.5m. The IS250 is slower but its engine is a lot cheaper. I'd buy the IS250.

The IS250 seems like a more reasonable car. I don't mind its slowness, where am I speeding to.
How much is it's Engine ?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 1:29am On Apr 10, 2019
johnnyandy7:

The IS250 seems like a more reasonable car. I don't mind its slowness, where am I speeding to.
How much is it's Engine ?

Very cheap. Under 200k, I believe.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Greenarrow01(m): 2:20am On Apr 10, 2019
Pls what's now the difference between the gs300/GS 350. And the is250/is300

Are the GS better and more efficient or what

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 3:39am On Apr 10, 2019
Greenarrow01:
Pls what's now the difference between the gs300/GS 350. And the is250/is300

Are the GS better and more efficient or what

05/06 GS300 uses a 3.0L that makes about 250 HP. 07-11 GS350 uses a 3.5L V6 that makes about 300 HP. All use a 6-speed transmission. Body style from 2005-2011 was the same.

IS300 is the first generation of the IS. IS250 is the second generation that started in 2006. IS300 uses the 3.0L V6 2JZ, IS250 uses the 2.5L V6 4GR, I believe. The IS250 is the better car. The IS200 is more adventurous, though.

The Lexus GS is a stretched, more luxurious IS. Parts are more expensive, fuel economy is worse. Handling and speed are worse too, since it's a bigger, heavier car.

Rear legroom in the IS is terrible, though.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 5:55am On Apr 10, 2019
banky3w:
Please house, is there any other technical difference between 2006 Audi A6, A4, S4 and S6 apart from the different engine configuration?

The S designation is the performance version of the A designation.Though their may be some interior and luxurious standard fittings in the S compared to the A.

but in dimension and width they are extremely identical to a large %

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (259) (Reply)

How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.