Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,103 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:41 AM

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread - Car Talk (62) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread (446270 Views)

A Look At 2019 Armoured Mercedes-Maybach S560,Official Car Of President Buhari / So Buhari's Official Car Na Boi Boi Sef... / Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by BekBek(m): 11:41pm On May 20, 2019
Good job to everyone.

I'm looking at buying a car for Uber, and I want something durable, something that won't give my driver any major issues in at least a year.

One more thing, I want one that I can install GPS on it for tracking.

Please recommend
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 7:40am On May 21, 2019
BekBek:
Good job to everyone.

I'm looking at buying a car for Uber, and I want something durable, something that won't give my driver any major issues in at least a year.

One more thing, I want one that I can install GPS on it for tracking.

Please recommend

Honda civic
Honda city
Toyota corolla
Toyota yaris
Toyota/Pontiac Matrix/vibe
Kia Rio 05-11
Hyundai accent 05-11
Kia cerato
Hyundai Elantra
Nissan Sunny

any your money can buy and technician certifies ok

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by thaqib(m): 9:04pm On May 22, 2019
So, I was advised to pick a 2010 corolla, sport edition over a 2010 Camry. Well I reluctantly agreed, but sport things are low. So my question is can I put a 16 or 17 inch rim on a 2010 corolla to increase the ground clearance...
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 6:24am On May 23, 2019
thaqib:
So, I was advised to pick a 2010 corolla, sport edition over a 2010 Camry. Well I reluctantly agreed, but sport things are low. So my question is can I put a 16 or 17 inch rim on a 2010 corolla to increase the ground clearance...

16inch Yes, 17inch, no tyres would hug side wall and mud flaps
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by seanfer(m): 10:02am On May 23, 2019
thaqib:

Please pick the Camry. That 2.5L engine is the best.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by thaqib(m): 3:28pm On May 23, 2019
seanfer:

Please pick the Camry. That 2.5L engine is the best.
Thanks. Nurey, what do u think sir?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 6:06pm On May 23, 2019
thaqib:

Thanks. Nurey, what do u think sir?

fuel economy, ease of maintenance and practicality, resale value the corolla wins here ordinary corolla has a good ground clearance if that's what you need, the corolla sports only has body kits it's not different in function and gadgets than an ordinary corolla.

The camry 2010 is a good car non the less especially the 2.5L engine fitted, has better luxurious fitting and better options than the corolla.

The final decision is yours
corolla for fuel economy

camry for executive status

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by markeynelly: 5:55pm On May 25, 2019
I am a prospective 1st time car owner. Am caught in a cross road between MB w202 C class or 02-05 civic. Pls help
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by CityNGR: 6:04pm On May 25, 2019
markeynelly:
I am a prospective 1st time car owner. Am caught in a cross road between MB w202 C class or 02-05 civic. Pls help
Both are great cars, but I am biased towards the Benz. It has a supreme engine.... Flawless body and extreme road stability...
Are you buying tokunbo or 9ja used?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by markeynelly: 6:11pm On May 25, 2019
CityNGR:

Both are great cars, but I am biased towards the Benz. It has a supreme engine.... Flawless body and extreme road stability...
Are you buying tokunbo or 9ja used?
Either if i see a good naija used better saves money. But toks prefered
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by CityNGR: 6:14pm On May 25, 2019
markeynelly:

Either if i see a good naija used better saves money. But toks prefered

Toks Benz cheaper.... 850k to 1.1million
9ja used Benz better .... Cheaper parts
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by markeynelly: 6:24pm On May 25, 2019
CityNGR:

Toks Benz cheaper.... 850k to 1.1million
9ja used Benz better .... Cheaper parts
Thanks man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by CityNGR: 6:37pm On May 25, 2019
markeynelly:

Thanks man
And also better balance on the highway.... Sure you're welcome sir
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Nobody: 6:37am On May 26, 2019
pls,wots the reason for the low price on ES 330 recently,is smtin wrong wit d car.. nurey
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 6:45am On May 26, 2019
aro1:
pls,wots the reason for the low price on ES 330 recently,is smtin wrong wit d car.. nurey

The car is a re-engineered camry big Daddy with extra luxurious fitting, it's an old cargo smiley nobody wants to be seen with an old cargo. All outdated cars are bound to loose value. Nothing is wrong with the car

6 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:44am On May 26, 2019
aro1:

Gotten too popular.
Outdated design.

Not a bad car, though.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Totleowi(m): 1:17pm On May 26, 2019
Good afternoon guys, I need some recommendations and advice.
I've been using an 07 DC Accord for 5 years now, no issues apart from an engine change last year due to wrong oil use. Now using synthetic oil and car drives like a dream, AC on point, no issues whatsoever.
Problem is that, I am tired of the car and looking to get something else...between MB 07 c230, Lexus 07 IS250 or BMW 06 3 series. Budget 2.5M, to be driven mostly on weekends.
Cc: Nurey, Heavenlybang
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Nobody: 1:36pm On May 26, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Gotten too popular.
Outdated design.

Not a bad car, though.

Firstly it was too expensive for what it actually is. A lot of people rushed to buy it and the demand was so high so dealers jacked up its price (just like they jacked up the price of 03-08 Toyota Corolla).

Secondly a lot of people that bought it did not understand what the car is actually. They expected fuel economy of an I4 Camry and got disappointed.

In general its a very good mid size luxury car. Quiet, smooth and reliable. Not very quick for the speed demons out there.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 1:36pm On May 26, 2019
Totleowi:
I've been using an 07 DC Accord for 5 years now, no issues apart from an engine change last year due to wrong oil use. Now using synthetic oil and car drives like a dream, AC on point, no issues whatsoever.
Problem is that, I am tired of the car and looking to get something else...between MB 07 c230, Lexus 07 IS250 or BMW 06 3 series. Budget 2.5M, to be driven mostly on weekends.
Cc: Nurey, Heavenlybang

Lexus IS250, sir. Enjoy.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 1:40pm On May 26, 2019
greenhulk:

Firstly it was too expensive for what it actually is. A lot of people rushed to buy it and the demand was so high so dealers jacked up its price (just like they jacked up the price of 03-08 Toyota Corolla).

Secondly a lot of people that bought it did not understand what the car is actually. They expected fuel economy of an I4 Camry and got disappointed.

In general its a very good mid size luxury car. Quiet, smooth and reliable. Not very quick for the speed demons out there.

Spot on. It's a good executive sedan but not much else.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Nobody: 2:37pm On May 26, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Lexus IS250, sir. Enjoy.

I like that is250 but somehow too cramped cabin
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Nobody: 2:52pm On May 26, 2019
nurey:

The car is a re-engineered camry big Daddy with extra luxurious fitting, it's an old cargo smiley nobody wants to be seen with an old cargo. All outdated cars are bound to loose value. Nothing is wrong with the car
thx bro
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Nobody: 2:53pm On May 26, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Gotten too popular. Outdated design.
Not a bad car, though.
thx boss
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 3:15pm On May 26, 2019
Totleowi:

Scrap the BMW from your list, a very good car in handling, head turner, good drivability, high respect index but a headache and money pit when things start falling apart and what's more it's the least reliable and parts are expensive when available.

The IS250 is a good compact luxurious sports car too, the engine is not expensive compared to a IS350, it's cramped at the back what's more it's reliable too.

The W203 in your list is one of the most common Benz on the street lately, it's no surprise due to its reliability, side by side the W203 is a bit bigger than the Lexus and it's built stance is solid enough to compliment it in handling.

For the status you need it for, the Lexus would always respond every weekend when parked down. I did pick the Benz only if you dont care about resale value
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Totleowi(m): 4:23pm On May 26, 2019
nurey:

Scrap the BMW from your list, a very good car in handling, head turner, good drivability, high respect index but a headache and money pit when things start falling apart and what's more it's the least reliable and parts are expensive when available.

The IS250 is a good compact luxurious sports car too, the engine is not expensive compared to a IS350, it's cramped at the back what's more it's reliable too.

The W203 in your list is one of the most common Benz on the street lately, it's no surprise due to its reliability, side by side the W203 is a bit bigger than the Lexus and it's built stance is solid enough to compliment it in handling.

For the status you need it for, the Lexus would always respond every weekend when parked down. I did pick the Benz only if you dont care about resale value
Thanks Man! The lexus it is then. No so common like the MB but still a head turner all the same.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by picaso313(m): 4:54pm On May 26, 2019
wats ur say on 2007 GS35 and M35 2007... thats the difference which will u go for...
Heavenlybang
Nurey
kingreign
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by kingreign(m): 5:03pm On May 26, 2019
picaso313:
wats ur say on 2007 GS35 and M35 2007... thats the difference which will u go for...
Heavenlybang
Nurey
kingreign

M35 bigger more gizmos, more luxurious, less sporty cos of its size. Price is a huge difference between both.

Will do an M35 over a G35. Sheer size matters more to me.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 5:08pm On May 26, 2019
picaso313:

If you want to intimidate,impress and whao anything and everything in skirt M-series grin

If you want fast and surprise Road racers then you are a G-series man
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 5:27pm On May 26, 2019
picaso313:
Heavenlybang
Nurey
kingreign

GS350? Honestly, it depends on what you're looking for.
The GS350 looks better and is a Toyota. The M35 drives better and is a Nissan.

GS350's engine costs an arm and a leg, M35's engine isn't more than 200k.

Both are about par in luxury.

Personally, I'd get the M35. But I'm obviously biased. You haven't driven a proper sports V6 until you've driven a VQ.

If you can, drive both cars and buy the one you prefer.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 5:29pm On May 26, 2019
Honestly, just buy a G. You won't regret it. There's enough legroom in it, I sit three at the back without complaints.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by picaso313(m): 6:43pm On May 26, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Personally, I'd get the M35. But I'm obviously biased. You haven't driven a proper sports V6 until you've driven a VQ.

sorry GX35... not the lexus GS350... Heavenlybang am sure u use the GX35
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by kingreign(m): 6:46pm On May 26, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

I thought he's referring to only Infiniti G35 or M35 o. Never knew he was talking about M35 and GS350.

I'd do a GS350 lexus over the M35 any time any day any where. The GS350 is a better luxury car by miles. It's a proper sleeper car. It's more luxurious, and not an in your face annoying manner, it's quieter and faster, more quality materials build and material fit and finish. More reliable. Much higher resale value also.

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (259) (Reply)

How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.