Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,300 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:24 AM

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread - Car Talk (65) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread (444452 Views)

A Look At 2019 Armoured Mercedes-Maybach S560,Official Car Of President Buhari / So Buhari's Official Car Na Boi Boi Sef... / Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dare01: 6:49am On Jun 19, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Because "Toyota".

Okay I concur. Tbh the ES and the G which has better fuel economy and low repair & maintenance cost?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by jceesquare(m): 7:37am On Jun 19, 2019
dare01:

Okay I concur. Tbh the ES and the G which has better fuel economy and low repair & maintenance cost?
He has answered you already.
The ES has better fuel economy and low repair cost.
But the G drives and feels better.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Loujay(m): 8:06am On Jun 19, 2019
Kindly compare in details 2006 Toyota Camry XLE/LE vs. 2006 Lexus ES330 having in mind maintenance, fuel economy, reliability, performance, repair costs, parts costs and availability, etc.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Loujay(m): 8:24am On Jun 19, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

The 2005 C240 has a reliable powertrain but is grossly underpowered. One of the most unimpressive V6's I've ever seen, and will honestly leave you disappointed. The ES330 has a 3.3L doing about 225 HP and 240lbs of torque. It's a more powerful car than the Benz.

The C240 is RWD while the ES is FWD. Handling of the C240 is much better than on the ES.

Maintenance and reliability is all for the ES. Part prices are about on par with Benz, but the ES will be way more reliable than the C.

Luxury is also for the ES. The interior is quite simply a better place to be in. Go have a sit in both cars, you'll understand. Interior build will also hold up much better than with the C Class–in my opinion all W203 interiors start to fall apart at high mileage and when they do, it's not pretty.

Mehn, buy the ES. It's a better car, pretty much.

Another cars you may want to look into is the ES350. I'm pretty sure you can get a 2007/2008 model with 3M these days if you search hard enough. Maybe a 2006 GS300? 2007/2008 Acura TL. 2007/2008 Infiniti G35. 2007 Mercedes E350. These are all better cars than the C240 and ES330.

Considering your criteria, I'd go for an ES350.

Feel free to ask any other questions about the C240 and ES330. I have extensive hands-on knowledge on one, and currently own the other.
Hello, please with your knowledge of the ES330 kindly advise me in details all I need to know about the car. I am constantly being drawn to the car no matter how hard I try to look at other cars within the same level.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dare01: 8:48am On Jun 19, 2019
jceesquare:

He has answered you already.
The ES has better fuel economy and low repair cost.
But the G drives and feels better.

Just saw his response in this regards. Thanks all the same
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 9:13am On Jun 19, 2019
Loujay:
Kindly compare in details 2006 Toyota Camry XLE/LE vs. 2006 Lexus ES330 having in mind maintenance, fuel economy, reliability, performance, repair costs, parts costs and availability, etc.

There is nothing to compare there, the ES is same as the Camry even in exterior appearance there is a very high similarity.

The ES (banana island) is a luxurious Camry (Ikoyi) that is an XLE Camry with more luxurious standard equipment is what an ES is.

if you want fuel economy the 4cylinder Camry would do. the V6 Camry and ES330 both utilize the 3MZ 3.3L engine and fuel economy is negligible between the V6 Camry and ES330.

The ES is worth the extra 200 to 300k price tag it has over the Camry tokunbo to tokunbo. I have not come across an ES with body falling apart but the Camry oya pa

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:22am On Jun 19, 2019
Loujay:

Hello, please with your knowledge of the ES330 kindly advise me in details all I need to know about the car. I am constantly being drawn to the car no matter how hard I try to look at other cars within the same level.

It's a good car. Starting to become outdated. Very comfortable, not expensive to maintain.
Loujay:

Nurey has the gist. Both are pretty much the same car; the ES is a more luxurious Camry V6 XLE. Better sound deadening, better interior materials, nicer ride quality, better stereo and interior technology (technology is nothing impressive tbh).

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Philadelphia: 10:22am On Jun 19, 2019
nurey:

The ES330 isn't a low quality car but against a G35 2008 the build quality, luxury and rep margin is wide.

fuel economy, resale value, ease of maintainance all fall on the Lexus side

Thanks for your response. It is much valued.

Is1.5m a good budget to get a clean Naija used?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Philadelphia: 10:24am On Jun 19, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Hmmmmm.

On one hand, if the G has had just one owner in Nigeria, it may have likely been very well taken care of. It's an enthusiast's car, and usually isn't bought by those who don't know anything about it.

On the flip, side, if the G has been abused, your friend is about to step into a world of pain. Nissans don't like abuse, especially electrical abuse.

The Lexus is a safer option.

Prestige: G has more prestige, it's not even close. Much rarer, looks sportier, and has weight to its look.
Speed: grin
Maintenance: See above. ES will be cheaper to maintain, though.
Not attractive to robbers: Depends. G looks more expensive than it is, which may make it attractive. On the flip side, the ES is a lot more common, which could also make it attractive.

If you want to drive it for three years, G definitely. ES already looks outdated.

I've owned both cars.

Thank you so much and your response are appreciated.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 10:41am On Jun 19, 2019
Philadelphia:

Thanks for your response. It is much valued.

The G35 has a poor resale value, I don't know whether the 08 can be gotten at 1.5m but I know you can get a luxurious G35 naija used in good condition for 1.5m.

just do your survey on jiji or olx to have an idea.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by 2felix(m): 11:03am On Jun 19, 2019
I m interested in w202 c class c200 like 1999 Nigeria used. Can u compare with c 200 w203 2004 in cost and maintaince?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 11:58am On Jun 19, 2019
Philadelphia:

Thank you so much and your response are appreciated.

I personally wouldn't buy a Nigerian used G. Personally.
You won't get any of those cars in excellent condition for 1.5m. The G is sold for about 3m toks. The Lexus is cheaper but the 05/06 are facelift models. You will see for 1.5m, but I can't guarantee you on what you'll see.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:00pm On Jun 19, 2019
2felix:
I m interested in w202 c class c200 like 1999 Nigeria used. Can u compare with c 200 w203 2004 in cost and maintaince?

W202 is more rugged and reliable than the W203. W203 is more modern and looks better.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Philadelphia: 3:17pm On Jun 19, 2019
nurey:

The G35 has a poor resale value, I don't know whether the 08 can be gotten at 1.5m but I know you can get a luxurious G35 naija used in good condition for 1.5m.

just do your survey on jiji or olx to have an idea.

Thanks again .
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Philadelphia: 3:17pm On Jun 19, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

I personally wouldn't buy a Nigerian used G. Personally.
You won't get any of those cars in excellent condition for 1.5m. The G is sold for about 3m toks. The Lexus is cheaper but the 05/06 are facelift models. You will see for 1.5m, but I can't guarantee you on what you'll see.

Thanks again.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by 2felix(m): 8:59pm On Jun 19, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

W202 is more rugged and reliable than the W203. W203 is more modern and looks better.
Thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jun 19, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

3rd gen or 2nd gen? 3rd gen is 2012+. At that price point, there are better cars.

3rd gen actually, 2013+.

I have seen clean title with less than 100k miles at 5-7k dollars.

What car would you say is better in that class and at that price range.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:55pm On Jun 19, 2019
rationalmind:

3rd gen actually, 2013+.

I have seen clean title with less than 100k miles at 5-7k dollars.

What car would you say is better in that class and at that price range.

5m will land you a mildly accidented 2015 Infiniti Q50. Next car for me by God's grace.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:58pm On Jun 19, 2019
I also happen to think that the Accord of same generation is a better car.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jun 19, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

5m will land you a mildly accidented 2015 Infiniti Q50. Next car for me by God's grace.

You know they are not in the same class.

I just need something basic, good aesthetics, reliable and decent on gas.

The vehicle is to be used by Madam, if she don dey use Infiniti, which one me go con use grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by zahratayyab: 12:05pm On Jun 20, 2019
thanks for sharing its really appreciated
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by WilliamsChelster(m): 12:13pm On Jun 20, 2019
Please I got into an argument with a friend last night who kept saying his Honda Accord EOD has more sensors than my MB c350 angry How true is this please?

Cc: nurey, heavenlybang angry
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 12:24pm On Jun 20, 2019
WilliamsChelster:
Please I got into an argument with a friend last night who kept saying his Honda Accord EOD has more sensors than my MB c350 angry How true is this please?

Cc: angry

Yes the Honda Accord 03-05 has more sensors than a 1990 C350
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Jmyno1H(m): 1:04pm On Jun 20, 2019
Please I'm planning to buy a 2008 Nissan Murano, what are the issues with this car? Thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by blackbone989(m): 1:09pm On Jun 20, 2019
Between volvo S60 5cylinder n Eod 2004 both Nigerian use which is better n fuel economical with parts available n cheap
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Aquariann: 1:13pm On Jun 20, 2019
nurey:

Yes the Honda Accord 03-05 has more sensors than a 1990 C350

Hello Nurey, please I just sent you an email. The number i. Your contact isn't going through
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 1:49pm On Jun 20, 2019
Aquariann:

Hello Nurey, please I just sent you an email. The number i. Your contact isn't going through

sorry my phone is switched off I am on the field can't charge till evening. Send email to my Gmail please or send a WhatsApp message to me it will deliver instantly
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 1:54pm On Jun 20, 2019
Jmyno1H:
Please I'm planning to buy a 2008 Nissan Murano, what are the issues with this car? Thanks

No issues with this model year, for the 4wd ensure the transfer case is intact.

Treat her well and she did answer you anytime you need her.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 2:00pm On Jun 20, 2019
blackbone989:
Between volvo S60 5cylinder n Eod 2004 both Nigerian use which is better n fuel economical with parts available n cheap

You are on a budget since you are interested in naija used it translate to Accord would be easier for you to buy, it's popular and parts are available, the 4cylinder is fuel efficient than the Volvo. It would be easier to also put it in good shape if both were abused.

My issue is the shaft of Accord for 1st time owners
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 2:06pm On Jun 20, 2019
WilliamsChelster:

Cc: nurey, heavenlybang angry

No be everything you suppose dey argue.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Aquariann: 4:58pm On Jun 20, 2019
nurey:

sorry my phone is switched off I am on the field can't charge till evening. Send email to my Gmail please or send a WhatsApp message to me it will deliver instantly

I sent the mail to your Gmail and copied your ymail

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (259) (Reply)

How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.