Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,372 members, 7,829,954 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:09 PM

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread - Car Talk (73) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread (449300 Views)

A Look At 2019 Armoured Mercedes-Maybach S560,Official Car Of President Buhari / So Buhari's Official Car Na Boi Boi Sef... / Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (260) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by debeey87(m): 4:58pm On Jul 27, 2019
I plan to get my first car and I've been lost some on what to buy over and over again.

This week was considering getting 09 Corolla from Cotonou but later found out I could get ES 350 for about same price to the purchase order 09/10 Corolla.

Please I'll like to know what maintenance is like for ES 350. .Myself and wifey are first timers with cars so we know it's possible some body works will need to be done later on which ever car we choose to buy but what's maintenance. Which parts cost the most and least and every other information you can provide.
Thank you smiley
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by seanfer(m): 9:08am On Jul 28, 2019
debeey87:
I plan to get my first car and I've been lost some on what to buy over and over again.

This week was considering getting 09 Corolla from Cotonou but later found out I could get ES 350 for about same price to the purchase order 09/10 Corolla.

Please I'll like to know what maintenance is like for ES 350. .Myself and wifey are first timers with cars so we know it's possible some body works will need to be done later on which ever car we choose to buy but what's maintenance. Which parts cost the most and least and every other information you can provide.
Thank you smiley

Safe yourself the stress of buying from Cotonou because land borders have been closed. Get the Corolla in Lagos and verify the customs duty
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Rubbiish(m): 9:31am On Jul 28, 2019
debeey87:

Thank you smiley
If u can afford ES 350, i dont think maintenance should be a big problem. D corolla will still be cheaper to maintain, corolla comes with 4 plugs and ES is 6 plugs.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Nobody: 9:54am On Jul 28, 2019
seanfer:

Safe yourself the stress of buying from Cotonou because land borders have been closed. Get the Corolla in Lagos and verify the customs duty

My brother, have you forgotten the Nigerian factor?
The dealer opposite my house brought 3 cars from Cotonou last week.
Our dull government can never rid this corruption of a thing .
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by seanfer(m): 10:05am On Jul 28, 2019
muyiwaadekunle1:

My brother, have you forgotten the Nigerian factor?
The dealer opposite my house brought 3 cars from Cotonou last week.
Our dull government can never rid this corruption of a thing .

Buying from Cotonou is not the problem. The problem is the Highway Customs that will turn you into bank anytime you’re going inter-state.

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by timexkaka: 2:55pm On Jul 28, 2019
Hello all, I'm looking to get a car, Toks preferably. I'm looking at 2004 ACURA TL. I would appreciate your reviews about the car. Also which is better getting a toks in Lagos or buying through copart
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by debeey87(m): 4:57pm On Jul 28, 2019
The number of plugs determine the fuel economy I suppose.
Rubbiish:

If u can afford ES 350, i dont think maintenance should be a big problem. D corolla will still be cheaper to maintain, corolla comes with 4 plugs and ES is 6 plugs.

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Unrated900(m): 5:09pm On Jul 28, 2019
seanfer:

Leave him he will be wise by the time customs seized the car

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Rubbiish(m): 7:12pm On Jul 28, 2019
debeey87:
The number of plugs determine the fuel economy I suppose.
It is a contributory factor
Model and car make are also determinants
Camry and corolla both have 4 plugs, but different fuel consumption rate.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Philadelphia: 10:17am On Jul 29, 2019
Rubbiish:

Bros, 6 cylinder or 4 cylinder is not same thing as 6 plugs or 4 plugs.

The 1998 w202 c280 has 6 cylinders but uses 12 plugs. Does it mean the engine is a 12 cylinder?
You guys should stop using plugs and cylinders interchangeably. They don't mean same thing.

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Philadelphia: 10:17am On Jul 29, 2019
Rubbiish:

The 1998 w202 c280 has 6 cylinders but uses 12 plugs. Does it mean the engine is a 12 cylinder?
You guys should stop using plugs and cylinders interchangeably. They don't mean same thing.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 1:02pm On Jul 29, 2019
Philadelphia:

Tbh, that's an exception to the rule. Mercedes choosing to use two plugs per cylinder was for a cleaner, more efficient burn. And it's unknown if it was actually even effective.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by thebigkendo(m): 1:29pm On Jul 29, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Tbh, that's an exception to the rule. Mercedes choosing to use two plugs per cylinder was for a cleaner, more efficient burn. And it's unknown if it was actually even effective.

Honda i-DSI?

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 1:36pm On Jul 29, 2019
thebigkendo:

Honda i-DSI?
An exception. Not the exception.

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by debeey87(m): 1:44pm On Jul 29, 2019
Rubbiish:

Thank you
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by OfficialSam(m): 7:12am On Jul 30, 2019
Following
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by awele186: 4:43pm On Jul 30, 2019
Hello Guys, The ES350 and Toyota venza both of year 2010. Which is the better car overall? Thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dicksonadams(m): 4:49pm On Jul 30, 2019
Omomi Venza
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by windows98: 8:14pm On Jul 30, 2019
Please which one has a good track record for low maintenance, ford mustang EcoBoost premium for Hyundai sonata ultimate.
I'm planning to get a 2019 model to use for about 4 years and then trade in. Both are similarly priced, but I dont want to change more than oil and oil filter in those years.
Which would you go for?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 8:49pm On Jul 30, 2019
windows98:
Please which one has a good track record for low maintenance, ford mustang EcoBoost premium for Hyundai sonata ultimate.
I'm planning to get a 2019 model to use for about 4 years and then trade in. Both are similarly priced, but I dont want to change more than oil and oil filter in those years.
Which would you go for?

You dey naija so?

Ford mustang is a muscle sports car.

Hyundai sonata is a midsized sedan.

sonata is tops in reliability but both a distinct enough for you to decide, if you are in the states you don't need to worry about what we worry about in naija grin

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 8:52pm On Jul 30, 2019
awele186:
Hello Guys, The ES350 and Toyota venza both of year 2010. Which is the better car overall? Thanks

Venza VS ES350 are you kidney me grin.

The venza is a Camry wagon, I don't see anything fancy in the interior apart from the Exterior shape which is tantalizing, interior and luxury wise is same as a LE Camry.

The venza is no where near an ES350 probably a base ES350

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by windows98: 9:05pm On Jul 30, 2019
nurey:

You dey naija so?

Ford mustang is a muscle sports car.

Hyundai sonata is a midsized sedan.

sonata is tops in reliability but both a distinct enough for you to decide, if you are in the states you don't need to worry about what we worry about in naija grin

Baba I dey Canada, mechanics for here na scam so I dont want to have any business with dem pass oil change. Na why I dey ask.
Personally as omo boy would go for the mustang, the sonata is the fall back if I confirm the ford might give me problems in thos 4 years. The Ford's general warranty is 2 years, powertrain 3 years, na OYO after that.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by awele186: 9:15pm On Jul 30, 2019
Okay thank you

Venza VS ES350 are you kidney me grin.

The venza is a Camry wagon, I don't see anything fancy in the interior apart from the Exterior shape which is tantalizing, interior and luxury wise is same as a LE Camry.

The venza is no where near an ES350 probably a base ES350[/quote]
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 9:16pm On Jul 30, 2019
windows98:

Baba I dey Canada, mechanics for here na scam so I dont want to have any business with dem pass oil change. Na why I dey ask.
Personally as omo boy would go for the mustang, the sonata is the fall back if I confirm the ford might give me problems in thos 4 years. The Ford's general warranty is 2 years, powertrain 3 years, na OYO after that.

oh you need the mustang to make a statement, then go for it, it would hold more value when you want to sell or trade it in. Just don't let rust build up under it
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by windows98: 10:07pm On Jul 30, 2019
nurey:

oh you need the mustang to make a statement, then go for it, it would hold more value when you want to sell or trade it in. Just don't let rust build up under it

Thanks baba, you too much
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 5:59am On Jul 31, 2019
windows98:

I believe Hyundai has a 10-year warranty. The Ecoboost is solid at this point, they've fixed most of the issues since around 2017.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by donuba61: 2:59pm On Jul 31, 2019
Car gurus in the house please help a brother. Am looking towards getting my first car. Am looking at Honda Civic 2007-2009 model or corolla 2003-2005 model. Bearing in mind cost of maintenance, reliability and availability of parts.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 3:52pm On Jul 31, 2019
donuba61:
Car gurus in the house please help a brother. Am looking towards getting my first car. Am looking at Honda Civic 2007-2009 model or corolla 2003-2005 model. Bearing in mind cost of maintenance, reliability and availability of parts.

Buy any that is in good condition and Appealing to you. they are both reliable vehicles

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by donuba61: 4:58pm On Jul 31, 2019
nurey:

Buy any that is in good condition and Appealing to you. they are both reliable vehicles
Thank you. Please do civic of 2007-2009 has any problem that i should look out for.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 5:35pm On Jul 31, 2019
donuba61:

Thank you. Please do civic of 2007-2009 has any problem that i should look out for.

The problem is that it has no problem
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by winner915: 9:15pm On Jul 31, 2019
Hello guys and good evening,
Happy new months in a few hours...

Pls, I need a wholistic approach to the comparison between
07 accord and 07 civic.

cc nurey, heavenlybang, weyreypey, gazzuzz et Al

Thanks.....
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by weyreypey: 9:31pm On Jul 31, 2019
winner915:
Hello guys and good evening,
Happy new months in a few hours...

Pls, I need a wholistic approach to the comparison between
07 accord and 07 civic.

cc nurey, heavenlybang, weyreypey, gazzuzz et Al

Thanks.....

I am ONLY interested in Mercedes Benz henceforth

[img]https://media1./images/bca87ed841d622292c51f41676f4894f/tenor.gif?itemid=3542800[/img]

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (260) (Reply)

How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.