Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,336 members, 7,819,174 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:19 PM

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread - Car Talk (72) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread (446789 Views)

A Look At 2019 Armoured Mercedes-Maybach S560,Official Car Of President Buhari / So Buhari's Official Car Na Boi Boi Sef... / Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by jceesquare(m): 9:36pm On Jul 09, 2019
thebigkendo:

I thought it was going to be a 2019 xc90
So I thought too.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by radautoworks: 11:10pm On Jul 09, 2019
thebigkendo:

I thought it was going to be a 2019 xc90

That was for my mom grin

I have the 2014 and before that a 2007 but that 2019 looking good. Only problem is with baby Radu we need something larger now.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Nobody: 11:58am On Jul 10, 2019
Morning Elders, i just got an old fashioned Ford Mondeo (2002) ,Duratec HE ,2.0ltr engine car last week and from the reviews and YouTube videos I've seen, i'm aware its not a luxury car but it's performance and handling are good considering the cost to get it down to Nigeria with all the paperwork.
Need i say it's a Tokunbo, direct from Cotonou and it's going to be more of a business venture for me in order to augment my salary.
My uncle who's a car dealer told me i will get a good value for money if i carry out the routine maintenance check.
So I'd like to ask if anyone here has ever driven a Mondeo or has any advise for me on its maintenance.
P.S : I'm 27 and it's my first car , i feel i could use some advise and encouragement .

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Philadelphia: 4:08pm On Jul 10, 2019
First off, congrats.
At 27, it's not easy in the current Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by jceesquare(m): 4:55pm On Jul 10, 2019
muyiwaadekunle1:
Morning Elders, i just got an old fashioned Ford Mondeo (2002) ,Duratec HE ,2.0ltr engine car last week and from the reviews and YouTube videos I've seen, i'm aware its not a luxury car but it's performance and handling are good considering the cost to get it down to Nigeria with all the paperwork.
Need i say it's a Tokunbo, direct from Cotonou and it's going to be more of a business venture for me in order to augment my salary.
My uncle who's a car dealer told me i will get a good value for money if i carry out the routine maintenance check.
So I'd like to ask if anyone here has ever driven a Mondeo or has any advise for me on its maintenance.
P.S : I'm 27 and it's my first car , i feel i could use some advise and encouragement .
Personally I don't trust any car with the blue oval logo barge in front. But let's wait for nurey's assertion.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by FrancisAdl(m): 9:05pm On Jul 10, 2019
Chairmen in the house, I greet you all.

I need honest opinion/comparison between Lexus IS350 2008 and Acura TL 2010.

Looking forward to your replies...
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:22am On Jul 11, 2019
FrancisAdl:

Acura TL body parts can be very expensive.
IS350 engine costs over 1m. Hard to kill it, though.
Both are about par in terms of interior luxury. TL has a bigger interior, though.
IS350 is more reliable and will be cheaper to own in the long term.
IS350 is faster and handles better.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by weyreypey: 6:10pm On Jul 12, 2019
FrancisAdl:

Acura TL
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by weyreypey: 6:11pm On Jul 12, 2019
muyiwaadekunle1:
Don't like ford. angry
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by FrancisAdl(m): 10:46pm On Jul 12, 2019
weyreypey:

Acura TL

Can you give me reasons why TL please
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by calculus4life: 12:53pm On Jul 13, 2019
Greetings to everyone in the house, which is the best option to choose from this sport utility vehicles in terms of cost of maintenance, reliability, ruggedness, and a bit of off roads. All 2008 models
Lexus Rx 350
Mercedes Benz ML350
Toyota Highlander
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by phunix: 10:10pm On Jul 17, 2019
Good evening my fellow great dudes in the house!
I'm pondering on shifting gear to American made cars, what'd you recommend for me considering price, maintenance, fuel economy, climate, etc.?
Thanks already and God bless.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by winner915: 4:48pm On Jul 19, 2019
Good evening guys...
Pls, will appreciate if it if I cld get a vivid differentiations between V6 and I6

Thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 5:52pm On Jul 19, 2019
winner915:
Good evening guys...
Pls, will appreciate if it if I cld get a vivid differentiations between V6 and I6

Thanks

V6 has two banks of cylinders, three on each side. I6 is one single bank of six cylinders. As a result, V6's are smaller since they're more compact. Kinda like folded at an angle. I6's are longer.

Relative to V6's, I6 are generally easier to work on. Better accessibility. Depends on how the V6 is mounted tho. Horizontally or transversely.

I6's have better exhaust notes. They're also more stable. On the flip side, V6's are more balanced. Better weight distribution means less stress across the surface area of the engine.

These days, only BMW uses I6's. Mercedes has started using them too.

Most other marques use V6's. Nissan and Toyota have also used I6's in the past, though. The 2JZ and RB are notable examples, I believe.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 5:55pm On Jul 19, 2019
There's also the flat six. Used by Porsche and Subaru. Then the VR6 used by VAG.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by winner915: 11:31pm On Jul 19, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

V6 has two banks of cylinders, three on each side. I6 is one single bank of six cylinders. As a result, V6's are smaller since they're more compact. Kinda like folded at an angle. I6's are longer.

Relative to V6's, I6 are generally easier to work on. Better accessibility. Depends on how the V6 is mounted tho. Horizontally or transversely.

I6's have better exhaust notes. They're also more stable. On the flip side, V6's are more balanced. Better weight distribution means less stress across the surface area of the engine.

These days, only BMW uses I6's. Mercedes has started using them too.

Most other marques use V6's. Nissan and Toyota have also used I6's in the past, though. The 2JZ and RB are notable examples, I believe.

Thanks a bunch sir
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by aejaywhite: 1:00pm On Jul 20, 2019
Please compare 2006 g35 Infiniti and 2008 Honda accord in terms of maintenance and reliability. Thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by bereiweris(m): 8:24am On Jul 21, 2019
Good morning all. Please how good is a Mitsubishi montero 2000 model. It's my first car & I don't want a case where I will b regretting. Ur advice would b very much appreciated
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by selfmadeOLX(m): 7:13pm On Jul 21, 2019
Looking for a good SUV with 4 cylinders within the 1M range.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Rubbiish(m): 9:03pm On Jul 21, 2019
selfmadeOLX:
Hmm
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by seanfer(m): 9:19pm On Jul 21, 2019
selfmadeOLX:

Look for a well maintained Naija Used Hyundai Tucson. You can still get 2005-2007 a good one. And please get a faithful Mechanic to do inspection
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Philadelphia: 10:16pm On Jul 21, 2019
bereiweris:
Good morning all. Please how good is a Mitsubishi montero 2000 model. It's my first car & I don't want a case where I will b regretting. Ur advice would b very much appreciated

Flee from all appearances of evil

3 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Adama01: 3:52pm On Jul 22, 2019
Hello all,

I am a registered Uber/Taxify driver
I am in need of a partner within Abuja who is interested in making extra 100k and above monthly
I will be responsible for the care and handling of the car
I live arround AYA/Karu axis

Pls interested partners should contact me=07050232088
No offence to the thread owners.. Thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by bereiweris(m): 7:33pm On Jul 22, 2019
Philadelphia:

Flee from all appearances of evil

Tnx ur d 3rd person with d same advice. I better run for my life
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 8:12pm On Jul 22, 2019
bereiweris:

people who don't understand vehicles always debunk it.

The Mitsubishi Montero is a work horse, a vehicle you will enjoy. The only problem is some are not to be bought because they are cheap and naija used.

1. Mitsubishi engines smoke easily when wrong engine oil is used

2. The vehicle wiring is very delicate, one wrong wiring and the brainbox gets it grin when brainbox gets it ultimate search begins as the part is a bit scarce.

most people don't know Mitsubishi is one big company that manufacture and sell engines to third party companies. innoson sources engines from Mitsubishi.

This particular car is a rally winner in all ramifications from Sahara to lost desert. It is a very capable off-roader envy of others in it's class.

The only bad Montero I Know is the one in mortal Kombat smiley

5 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by weyreypey: 10:04pm On Jul 22, 2019
bereiweris:

Still flee. Don't mind nurey

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by IMOHS(m): 1:26pm On Jul 25, 2019
Please how much is the market price for tokunbo 04/05 Honda accord in Lagos
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 3:14pm On Jul 25, 2019
IMOHS:

compare price at jiji or NL autos
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Eldemmi(m): 7:47am On Jul 26, 2019
IMOHS:

with a little knowledge I have got here, can you raise ur budget and buy o6 model most people said the model got some corrections for errors in 04/05.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jul 26, 2019
Elders in the house, i want to service my 2001 Tokunbo Ford Mondeo 2.0l ghia car. I saw Motorcraft 5w-30 on the oil cap but its hard to get. The people i spoke with said i can get Mobil 5w-30.
I need your advise elders . The car have 183,735 mileage on it and its for office wakka on Mondays to Thursdays and ehailing (Uber) during weekends.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 9:17pm On Jul 26, 2019
muyiwaadekunle1:
Elders in the house, i want to service my 2001 Tokunbo Ford Mondeo 2.0l ghia car. I saw Motorcraft 5w-30 on the oil cap but its hard to get. The people i spoke with said i can get Mobil 5w-30.
I need your advise elders . The car have 183,735 mileage on it and its for office wakka on Mondays to Thursdays and ehailing (Uber) during weekends.

you are good to go with the Mobil 5w30
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jul 26, 2019
nurey:

you are good to go with the Mobil 5w30

Thank you sir.

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (259) (Reply)

How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.